The Returned Mate (BWWM) |TO...

By NiyWrites

*book two* It's been two years since Melodi left Caleb after finding out his father killed her best friend. ... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Finally

Chapter five

2.3K 105 27
By NiyWrites

Caleb stared at the staircase.

She was here.

In his house.

He walked up the stairs to his room, she was a whole floor down, sleeping in one of his rooms.

He wanted her closer. He couldn't stop the smile that slid on his face. She was actually here.

This time, he was gonna make things right. Monster. He winced and sat on his bed.

But he could tell she still hated him, Caleb felt it radiating off of her like a shield. She wouldn't even look at him.

He looked over to the picture he and Melodi took. She was on his back, smiling at the camera, she had just pinched Caleb and told him to smile.

They looked so happy.

Who would have thought, that the very next day, they would lose everything. He looked away, Ethan was here, and to be honest, Caleb didn't want him here, he was like a brick wall, keeping him from Melodi.

He could see it in Ethan's eyes when they looked over to Caleb. He was not going to let Caleb get to her easily.

Caleb got up and prepared for his nightly routine. He walked over to his door and locked it.

He went to the window and opened it. He looked over to the picture one last time, and he willed all that anger, sadness, and pain, and jumped out the window.

The trip took only a couple of hours when he was in wolf form. So, he shifted. His clothes were tied to his fury ankle.

He was running, it was silent, the only noise was the wind that blew. The moon was bright, mesmerizing. He began to slow down as he reached his destination, the warehouse.

He shifted back and changed back into his clothes and walked in. He turned it into a boxing ring, it took many nights but hey.

He had all the time in the world. He walked up to his old pal, the punching bag. He started punching, but he then finds out it wasn't enough.

He started to punch harder. Her face fill his mind. Caleb squinted his eyes in focus on the bag.

Monster. He growled and punched harder than before. When he couldn't take any more, he stopped.

He missed her. He couldn't get her out of his mind now that he has seen her. She was like a disease that was to big and dangerous to get rid of.

He looked over to the room around him as he remembered the time he watched her heal the wolf who tried to kill her.

She always put others before herself. He shook his head. He knew what he did was wrong, he couldn't just walk up to her and apologize.

He had to give her the space she created. It was only for the summer anyway.

He walked up to the ring and got in, he imagined he was fighting, and started the mental war with a roundoff kick.

___________________________

Melodi looked up to the ceiling, Ethan was in the next room, she could hear his slow breathing, his calm heartbeat.

If you need me, I'm in the next room. She really wanted to go in there, wake him up and and just listen to his voice, how calm and soothing.

She wanted him to talk her to sleep.

He use to do it when....when she crashed. It always helped. She would put her head on his chest, heartbeat in one ear, his voice in the other.

It always made life seem, better. She sat up and looked around the room. It really was hard being in the same room as him.

She wanted to look at him, see how he was doing. She noticed how she didn't see Marcus or his wife.

Melodi shook her head and got out of the bed. She needed to go release her stress.

Ethan taught her ways to do it, but they only worked when he was near, the life of a hybrid right?

She changed into a pair of tights and a big T-shirt that said the words Respect the girl and it had a baseball bat under it.

She took off her socks and sighed in happiness. She hated wearing socks, they made her feel trapped.

She walked out of her room and looked over to Ethan's room, she walked down the stairs to the hall that she was introduced to when she was just getting here, when she was just randomly exploring.

She walked into the dance studio. She walked around while putting her hair in a high ponytail.

She did miss him, she did feel bad for treating hi the way she did-

SNAP OUT OF IT! He knew who killed your best friend and he didn't tell you it was his father? Oasis yelled.

Melodi calmed her wolf and closed her eyes. She summoned her favorite song and began dancing.

___________________________

When Caleb finished, he was sweaty. He moved away and decided to walk home. Caleb looked up to his bedroom window. And started to climb.

He walked in and closed the window, pushing the curtains together.

Caleb walked to his bathroom and started the shower.

When he got out, He felt thirsty, Caleb walked to his door and left. When he reached the hall, he heard a soft thump.

It made Caleb switch directions and start to meats the sound. He saw a light peeking through the door.

He neared it slowly and opened it just a bit, expecting Adrianna, but who he saw made it a whole lot better.

He saw her.
___________________________

Melodi gracefully moved across the floor, landing her leaps softly, she moved swiftly, all while not breaking a single drop of sweat.

She finished her song and sighed. When she turned to leave the room, she felt a presence, she looked to the door and saw him, standing there in his pajamas, staring.

No expression, just.....

A blank stare.

Melodi cleared her throat and looked at his face.

"I didn't know you could..." Caleb started, but he was at a lost for words. She was like an angel, so graceful and soft.

But as she looked at him, Caleb only saw one thing. Monster. Melodi's eyes were full of fire.

"I would be very obliged if you don't tell anyone about this." Melodi's soft voice sent the real meaning of her words to Caleb.

I don't want people to know I was near you for more than two minutes.

Caleb nodded and Melodi walked out of the room, making sure she didn't make any kind of contact with him.

Caleb watched her walk up the stairs and sighed. She did see him like that.

A monster.

___________________________

Melodi walked to Ethan's room and walled in. She saw his figure, laying there peacefully in his bed.

She slowly moved to the bed and laid down beside him. When she was under the covers, Ethan's hand went to Melodi's waist.

"Bad dream?" Melodi shook her head and grabbed the hand on her waist. She recalled what happened just then and kept her eyes on the bathroom door.

When Ethan pulled away and sat up, Melodi did the same. "You okay?"
And there it was.

That calm soothing voice that suddenly made Melodi feel better. She looked into Ethan's big brown concerned eyes and nodded.

"I am now."

And with that, Ethan and Melodi laid down, Melodi's head on Ethan's chest, his heartbeat in one ear....

And his sweet voice in the other.

🌌⭐️🌌⭐️🌌⭐️🌌⭐️🌌⭐️🌌⭐️🌌

How bout that?

Caleb ran into Melodi and was speechless, and she was so angry that she has to speak in a calm voice to keep from shouting.

Well, eat a box of donuts and if not.....have some ice cream.

And if you can't have that, then honey go get yourself a sandwich.

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691K 21.5K 55
"Go ahead, kill me," she dared. "And why would I do that?" he stalked closer, a glint in his dark eyes. "Why not? Isn't that what you came here for?"...
1.1K 60 30
Following on from the Alpha's Daughter. We continue our story from the point of view of Alpha Alex's second beta Max, a young seventeen year old he...
582K 13.6K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
407K 14.9K 48
*contains mature content* "Your mate was the last piece to the puzzle. I sent my men there to kill her while you were busy fighting with the alphas...