The Runaways

By directionerfood

They only tried to be the good guys, but got turned into criminals. More

The Runaways

One- Dark Haired Jerk

51 7 8
By directionerfood

The last thing anyone wants to feel in life is pain.

Me? Well, I've gotten use to it.

Which is why as some imbecile tries to run me down, I completely ignore him.

"Hey crack head! The guy with the black hair! Look over!" This disgusting wannabe gangster yells at me from across the street in this hollow neighborhood.

Dark and eery would be the words to describe where I live. No one in there right mind comes around here.

"Seriously bro, turn your ugly head over here!" He struggles to get me to give him a second glance. I plan on going to the store, not getting into a fight with this loser.

Through the corner of my eye I see him waddle over here in his baggy pants. I may be a gang member, but at least I have the decency to wear a freaking belt.

"Dear lord." I muttered under my breath as he approached me.

"Come on, are you deaf or some-" before this disgrace of a guy could even finish, I grab him by the front of his shirt and slam him against the cold brick wall, glaring at his fear struck face.

"Leave me alone. Or get your skin peeled off. Your choice." I said with clenched teeth, my voice low and dangerous.

"M-mhm." He managed to nod a reply before I let go and dropped him to the sidewalk with a thud.

I can feel the filthy swine staring down my back as I walk off in anger. This is definitely not the time.

You probably think I'm a heartless jerk, born without compassion and kindness.

Well, you're right.

I was born into a gang, they have raised me my whole life- which explains the rough exterior about me.

Well, I'm not that bad. Maybe just a little... Straight forward? Yet at the same time, I keep to myself.

I like to think I get that from my mum, although I've never met her..

With a frown, I shake the troubling thoughts that have haunted me since I was a child out of my head. Not today, Zayn. Worry about this later.

It feels like a load off my back as I enter the gas station store, the warm air surrounds me and I'm no longer freezing from the outside cold.

I shuffle around the small grubby store looking for what I need, my eyes light up when I spot the pack of cigarettes before me. Hastily, I grab them off the rack and approach the counter to pay.

No one's here, just my luck.

I tap my fingers on the coffee stained counter impatiently, waiting for someone to make their appearance. But nobody does.

"Is anyone even here?" I call out, obviously irritated with this place.

"Oh! We have a customer! I'm so sorry!" A light hyper voice pops out of a room behind the counter.

I look up to see a girl crazily running around the place in stress, fixing up a few things and trying to collect herself without exploding.

Her presence is so exhaspersting already.

"I'm over here." I spoke up, slightly rolling my eyes.

She turned to me with widened eyes, and jumped a little at my appearance.

My constant glare may look a bit scary.

Her eyes were hooked on me, but I was not at all amused.

I cleared my throat and looked off a bit, making her jump again and rush over to me.

"So sorry about that, I was on lunch break and no one ever comes here so I thought I could just sit around even though I wonder why I get fired from every job and-"

"I'd like to pay for this, please." I interrupt her rant. She shook her head at herself and did her job.

"Seven dollars." She declared proudly. I reach into my pocket and dig around for my money. But unfortunately, only came out with four dollars.

"Great." I whispered. With a sigh, I dug deeper into my pocket for money, but bit was no use.

"Well, cigarettes aren't really what you should be spending your money on anyways." The obnoxious girl said quietly.

"Well, I didn't really ask for your opinion now did I?" I looked up at her with a frown.

She turned away bashfully and looked for a solution. "What if you traded it in for something? Like, got a watch or anything?" She asks me.

I scrunch my nose at her, what an awful idea.

"This is all I have." I answered honestly with a frown.

"I'm really sorry, but that means you can't buy them." She gave me a sympathetic smile.

"I know what that means." I ripped the package off cigarettes off the counter and returned them to their spot.

Scowling, I shuffle towards the door. Stupid money. It's always been an issue.

Just before I walk out however, she stops me.

"Wait!" She yells, causing me to turn around slowly.

"What if maybe, I let you pay me back?" She suggests timidly. I nod my head in thought, actually considering her idea.

"So, I'll give you the four dollars, then come back with the three later?" I grab the package again, starting to smirk a little.

"Uh, yeah. But you have to come back and give me the rest. Soon." She eyed me, looking a bit unsure.

"Of course." I stuffed the cigarettes in my pocket with a grin.

"Have a nice day!" She shakily waved. "I didn't do the wrong thing, did I?"

"Trust me, I'll be back." I winked, making her blush as she looked at the ground with a smile.

With that I swiftly left the gas station, quickly making my way back home.

She made a big mistake.

**

"Zayn! Where the heck have you been?!" Asher shoved me against the wall in the alley, our usual hangout.

"Just buying some cigarettes, that's all." I held up my hands in defense, the lead gang member backed off with a scowl and looked at Jace and Zeke, the other two gang members.

"Where's the rest of us?" He asked them, talking about the others. He popped his tattooed fingers as he waited or an answer, he thinks it makes him look intimidating.

Yeah, maybe in 2005.

They shook their heads no with a frown, obviously clueless.

"Do you know, pretty boy?" Asher asked me, smoking who knows what. His dark hair was in some new mohawk, and he seemed to have gotten a new peircing since I've seen him last night.

"Don't get bitter just because I can flirt someone into letting me steal, I'm sorry we all don't look like axe murderers." I said with a smirk.

Jace and Zeke gasped at my comment, and Asher looked beyond fuming. Seriously, the guy is scary as crap. With tattoos all over, dark leather and spikes on, just being around him makes you want to cry. "Listen here you little-"

"Yo Asher! Look who we found!" Thank God, our last members, Jon and Ryder came running down the alley carrying some guy.

"What did you two idiots do?" Asher asked as they approached us, dropping the poor dude on the ground, his back was facing us, so I couldn't make out his features. His arms and legs were tied up.

"We were at the car repair shop and this guy thought he could tell us what to do, so we took him and figured you could show him why not to mess with us." Jon kicked the deflated body. The guy groans quietly but could not move any more than he wanted to.

"Alright, let me see this loser." Asher nodded to them. Grinning, Jon and Ryder flipped this guy around for us to see him.

Blonde hair; obviously died. Bright blue eyes, and pasty pale skin. Seemed about right for a loser.

Jon ripped the duct-tape off his mouth and threw it to the ground, laughing at the poor sight of this guy.

We all thought he was like, deaf, until he finally spit out a few surprising words.

"My name's Niall, ya turd!"

**

I DID IT. I FINALLY DID IT. I POSTED THE FIRST CHAPTER.

yes, zayn will be in it. I'm excited for his character. I feel that since I finally got the confidence to update the first chapter there will be many more updates. BC this is the one book I have had up forever and not gotten tired of it.

ILY YOU ALL bYEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6K 241 12
this is going to be based off the books currently under editing!! any suggestions please do tell me please enjoy ☆
166K 4.8K 95
After the death of Gwen Stacy, Peter hadn't had the courage to become a hero again. Meanwhile, the Justice League were looking for a more experience...
60.6K 1.6K 174
"In a world of pirates and adventure, meet Ryo, a half mink-half human with a tragic past. After losing his parents, Ryo was taken in and trained by...
24.9K 621 105
النوع: شونين اي ، مأنها ، كوميديا ، دراما ، الحياه المدرسيه العمل: مستمر -القصه- "يوما يحكى قصه مرحه عن الحياة...