The Professors (Reader x Char...

By lslytherinl

Y/n is a mutant with a bad history, but what happens when you make friends with a waitress and a professor ju... More

1.1 First Class
1.2 Moira
1.3 Erik
1.4 Cerebro
1.5 Recruiting
1.6 Russia
1.7 Home
1.8 Rage and Serenity
1.9 Powers
1.10 Changes
1.11 Cuba
1.12 I Love You
2.01 Days of Future Past
2.02 Prison Break
2.03 Charles?
2.04 Chess
2.05 Paris
2.06 Spine
2.07 DC
2.09 The School
2.10 Erik?
2.11 Nightmares
3.1 Apocalypse
3.2 Moira...again
3.3 You're Back
3.4 Stryker
3.5 Rescue Mission
3.6 Earlier in Cairo
3.7 The Fight
3.8 Abracadabra
Editing

2.08 A Better Path

3.5K 127 38
By lslytherinl

Erik begins his speech. "You built these weapons to destroy us. Why? Because you are afraid of our gifts. Because we are different. Humanity has always feared that which is different. Well, I'm here to tell you, to tell the world, you're right to fear us. We are the future." Erik announces to the world. "We are the ones who will inherit this earth, and anyone who stands in our way will suffer the same fate as these men you see before you. Today was meant to be a display of your power. Instead I give you a glimpse of the devastation my race can unleash upon yours. Let this be a warning to the world. And to my mutant brothers and sisters out there, I say this; no more hiding, no more suffering. You have lived in the shadows in shame and fear for too long. Come out, join me. Fight together in the brotherhood of our kind. A new tomorrow, that starts today."

Nixon walks out of the safe room to approach Erik.

"Mr. President! Sir!" A guard shouts. His men grab him to stop him.

"Stand down!" He walks to face Erik and points at him. "You want to make a statement? Kill me? Fine! But spare everyone else!" I wake up at this time, near Erik to see it all happening. My head is pounding from pain. Inside the safe room Trask looks to his left and we see the real Nixon standing next to him, it doesn't take me long to figure out that Raven is the person in front of us. I slowly get up and brush myself off. My hand is on my head, trying to stop the throbbing. I try to quickly heal myself, but the pain is causing too much pressure on my brain.

"Very heroic, Mr. President. But you have no intention of sparing any of us. The future of our species begins now." Erik points the floating guns at Nixon, then as one of the Sentinels goes to grab Hank, he injects himself, he reverts back to his human form so the Sentinel backs off, instead it looks across at Erik and Nixon and it sees both as being mutant so it makes a run towards them, but Erik pulls it apart, at that moment Nixon takes out his gun, shoots Erik, which grazes his neck and then Nixon transforms into Raven. I knew it. "You used to be a better shot." Erik laughs, wiping the drop of blood off of his neck.

"Trust me, I still am." Raven says. She walks towards Erik and knocks him out. Then she turns towards Trask and pulls out her gun. I get flustered and try to heal myself again. I need my powers. I feel energy start to enter my brain, and the throbbing slowly stops. I read Raven's thoughts to see that Charles is helping her. I quickly rush over to Erik, and try to help him. I heal his neck wound quickly. As awful as he can be, I still love him, he's my best friend.

"Erik?! Erik!" I shout slapping him to try to wake him. Raven passes us on her way out. "There's no reason to care about him, it will only disappoint you." She looks at me, I have tears in my eyes. "He's all you're Charles." Raven pulls his helmet off.

"ALL of my friends have disappointed me, but you put us on a better path." I respond and her eyes widen, then are apologetic. Erik suddenly bolts awake and removes the metal objects off of Charles. He then, uncontrolled, turns to me with pain in his eyes. "Oh Erik what have you done." I sigh, standing next to him, and he looks apologetic.

"If you let them have me, I'm as good as dead. You know that." Erik turns to Charles as he approaches us.

"I know." Charles responds.

"Goodbye, old friend." Erik looks at Charles.

"Goodbye, Erik." Charles nods. Erik looks at me for a moment before floating away. Our faces are close, like they once were, and we just stare at each other. Acknowledging where we are at this moment. That I am staying, with Charles, it's always Charles. And he's leaving, and I shouldn't find him. I can't find him. His eyes say he loves me, but we know we have different paths. He leans forward and kisses my forehead, and floats away. Raven then turns and looks at Charles, Hank and me before turning to walk away. Her gaze lingers on Hank.

'Goodbye Raven' I project to her.

"You sure you should let them go?" Hank asks.

"Yes, I have hope for them. There's going to be a time, Hank, when we are all together." Charles responds, smiling.

"What about Logan?" Hank asks.

"I guess he went back to his own time, I guess we fixed it." I smile and we all laugh a bit.

"This is the first time everything turned out okay." Hank smiles as we all turn around to see the President, Trask, and more approach us.

"Time to go." I grab their hands and we teleport to the plane.

"Woah." Hank shakily recovers.

"Sorry, no warning." I apologize. "They'll come and speak with us one day, but that day is definitely not today. Take us home Hank!" I shout as Hank flies the plane into the sky. I walk over to the bar and pour myself a large vodka soda, and Charles a whiskey on the rocks. "Cheers." We klink glasses and chuckle as we down our drinks. We spend the rest of the plane ride drinking and just having a nice time, not worried about anything. We get back to the Xavier Manor and I return to my old room.

"I was thinking," Charles begins but I cut him off.

"Come on, no planning tonight, can't we just relax!" I tease him.

"I wasn't talking about the school, I was thinking, maybe...if you wanted to...you could move into the master bedroom with me. It's-it's huge, definitely big enough for two people...." Charles begins to trail.

"Of course Charles!" I hug him with joy. That was a funny way of asking me to move in kind of. "You seriously weren't thinking about the school?" I ask.

"Well, until you scolded me I was going to bring up my ideas..." He grins at me.

"Ha! I knew it!" I push his shoulder and he laughs back. He then leads me towards his bedroom, talking about the school the entire time.

"Have you been listening to a word I said?" He asks when he opens the door.

"No." I laugh as he looks disappointed.

"Fine." He sticks his chin in the air. "Abracadabra!" He snaps, disappearing from my view.

"Charles!" I laugh, remembering the first time he did this. I walk into the room slowly as the door slams behind me, I even jump a bit. "Okay Charles time to stop." I chuckle as I am pushed onto the bed as he appears. "Not funny!"

"Slightly funny." He tilts his head, grinning widely, then kisses me passionately. I kiss back, then open my eyes to see he is on top of me as we laugh. I stop laughing and just admire his face for a second. Charles is still that wonderfully attractive man I met in graduate school. Oh how things have changed since then, when I believed I was the only different person on this planet. I never could have anticipated meeting anyone that I love more. Charles is the most perfect person without even trying. I will never stop loving him, and as much as we both feel a bit awkward with each other right now, I never want to spend a second of my life—

"What are you doing?" Charles asks me.

"Why, I'm just looking at you. Is that a problem Professor?" I tease and he chuckles a bit.

"No problem at all, it's just I heard all of those wonderful things you think about me." He adds as my face turns red. "So you never want to spend a second of your life...?" He playfully exposes me.

"I never want to spend a second of my life without..." I pause. "dumping this glass of water on your head!" I shout causing the water to come towards us and hang over his head, again.

"Very clever, very clever." Charles teases. "But the thing is, this time I'm on top of you, so if you spill that water, it goes on both of us." I give him a puzzled look then finally move my fingers, to guide the glass away. "I win." He smirks.

"Not fair!" I fake pout. He rolls off of me and groans.

"Come on, we must take a tour." He says, offering me his hand as he shows me around the room.

"Nothing I haven't seen before." I joke and he looks confused.

"When have you been in here?" He asks me, my face turns red, knowing what I have to confess.

"Oh, well um. The first time you sent me away, I would teleport here, just to watch you sleep. Even though you said you didn't want me, I always wanted to make sure you were okay. I wouldn't watch for very long. Just enough to check in on you. I-I couldn't handle not knowing how you were." I barely get out, embarrassed. Charles just stares at me with wonder. "I know, it's so stupid." I put my head down, ashamed of myself. Charles's head snaps up.

"No, no it's not. Don't be ashamed, really. I just never knew, and it makes me happy. I don't know how I ended up with someone as special and amazing as you." He smiles at men and cups my cheeks.

"Charles, you are the only thing I know for sure I want in my life. My life full of uncertainty, there is you." I smile but he just stares at me. "Are you even listening to me." I laugh.

"No," he responds, "it's just, you're so beautiful." Charles caresses my cheek, "If you could see what I see." He whispers.

"I'm quite happy with my view." I reply with a soft smile, then lean in for a gentle kiss.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379K 13K 33
"For the record, I like the bookworm better." "You'd be the first." [X-Men] [Charles Xavier x OC] [First Class - Days of Future Past]
38.8K 659 31
All my life I've been hiding, hiding who I am from everyone, afraid of myself. I didn't get attached to anyone because I was afraid of hurting them. ...
108K 3.4K 24
An X-Men FanFic - based off of First Class - originally published 2014, revised in 2019/20
70K 1.2K 24
Jasmine-Mae 'Jas' Carter is a mutant. She has telepathy, telekinesis and invisibility, although nobody knows about her mutations. She's a student at...