Deafening Silence (Larry Styl...

By Heyidkyay

Harry was assaulted on his fourteenth birthday shortly after coming out, which ultimately resulted in the los... More

One - Fourteen
Two - Piercing blue
Three - Stop pokin' me!
Four - Rebel Rebel
Five- The bomb drops..
Six - Only to ricochet
Seven - Shitty first days
Eight - Caught off guard
Nine - Confidant
Ten - Talks of the past
Eleven - Here comes the sun
Twelve - Breaking boundaries
Thirteen - Give me love
Fourteen - Is it okay?
Fifteen - Don't want to fuck it up
Sixteen - She
Seventeen - Deafening Silence
Eighteen - Oh, so you're Louis
Nineteen - I'm fine
Twenty - You're pretty when you cry
Twentyone - Very mature
Twentytwo - Please keep it down
Twentythree - Isn't she pretty?
Twentyfour - All that matters
Twentyfive - Numb
Twentysix - There for me, there for you
Twentyseven - Lucky
Twentyeight - You can't promise me that
Twentynine - Don't hate me
Thirty - Rugrats
Thirtyone - Achoo
Thirtytwo - We don't need your charity
Thirtythree - Pretty perfect
Thirtyfour - Can we talk?
Thrityfive - You've got me
Thirtysix - Why?
Thirtyseven - Can't stop myself
Thirtyeight - The world continued on without me
Thirtynine - They took everything
Forty - Almost
Fortyone - That's the point!
Fortytwo - Misunderstanding?
Fortythree - Thought he meant a little more to you
Fortyfour - Treehouse
Fortyfive - Stormy skies
Fortysix - You and I
Fortyseven - Don't tease
Fortyeight - Superpowers remember?
Fifty - Changes
Fiftyone - Please
Fiftytwo - Lying there so lifeless
Fiftythree - All I could think about
Fiftyfour - Soggy porridge
Fiftyfive - Cuddles
Fiftysix - Gemma
Fiftyseven - Discharge day!
Fiftyeight - I'm here
Fiftynine - Cooped up
Sixty - A sweet sign
Sixtyone - Cheap bastards
Sixtytwo - Shit
Sixtythree - Be a man
Sixtyfour - Angel
Sixtyfive - Early mornings at the Tomlinson's
Sixtysix - Did someone die or something?
Sixtyseven - We'll be alright
Sixtyeight - Want this, want you
Sixtynine - The knock
Seventy - Uncertainties
Seventyone - Guilt
Seventytwo - I promise
Seventythree - It is what it is
Seventyfour - Love you too, you twat
Seventyfive - Blue
Seventysix - Wanna share?
Seventyseven - Bully the birthday boy!
Seventyeight - Don't give up on her just yet
Seventynine - It's Christmas!
Eighty - Almost isn't quite enough
Eightyone - Why'd you go?
Eightytwo- New Years Eve
Eightythree - A kiss, please
Eightyfour - Mardy arse
Eightyfive - Done
Eightysix - Solace in the silence
Eightyseven - Days they pass me by
Eightyeight - Go on, get!
Eightynine - Surprise?
Ninety - What flavour's this?
Ninetyone - February 1st, Part One
Ninetytwo - Febuary 1st, Part Two
Ninetythree - Ours
Ninetyfour - Tah-loo-rye-ay
Ninetyfive - Holding
Ninetysix - Hunky Dory
Ninetyseven - You're not on your own now
Nightyeight - One Last Hurrah
Ninetynine - This Is Us
Onehundred - Epilogue
Notes
Lost In Your Current

Fortynine - Fair share of pricks

10.5K 383 316
By Heyidkyay

"Fuck, I'm really nervous." Louis chuckled anxiously as he let his hands fall from the steering wheel to rub his sweaty palms on the thighs of his light blue jeans.

Harry smiled softly over at him from where he was sat in the passenger seat before interlacing their hands. "It'll be alright Lou, they'll love you, don't worry so much." Harry soothed as he let Louis' thumb skim over his lightly bruised knuckles, tracing the intricate ink that was now painted blue.

Harry hated the sight of them, hated the memory of it all even days after everything had happened. School had been slowly getting better day by day, the incessant stares had started to fade away, people had started to talk about new rumours and gossip harshly about other poor unfortunate souls, but Wednesday had been a tough day for them both. It had started with a loud lad in their year thinking he could mouth off to Louis just before the older lad could make it to the lunch room to meet the rest of their mates at their regular table, a younger boy on the football team had joined in on the taunting and quickly a crowd had begun to form around the two boys and Louis. Louis had tried his best to ignore and dissolve the situation but it had only seemed to draw more attention so by the time Harry had made it to him, Niall in tow, there were four or so lads shoving Louis about and as angry as the older boy had looked he didn't make a move to fight back. The sight broke Harry's heart and only fuelled his rage, he was beside Louis in an instant, shoving the leader of the taunting against the row of lockers behind them causing the entire hallway to stand still, the lad didn't give up even when the rest of his so called mates had, he only came to a sudden stop when Harry's fist had thunderously connected with the metal right next to the side of his head. Harry wasn't a violent person, never had been, but he was just so done, so fucking done with being pushed around by idiots who didn't deserve the right to dictate his life. Even though Wednesday hadn't been one of his better days, he couldn't bring himself to regret it, hardly anyone had spoken about him or Louis since, there were only ever snide remarks in passing that Harry could never hear.

"Just been so on edge this week." Louis sighed tiredly as he gazed out of the window behind Harry's head at the bright red front door they were parked outside of, letting the younger boy read his lips as he did, "Schools been shit and the one place I have to escape it all is just as bad. Footballs my everything Haz, I've worked so hard to make captain but it all feels so pointless. I mean, we're not even out yet but some of the lads on the team fucking hate me for a rumour that no one can even confirm or deny." He huffed, letting his eyes slip close as he took a needed breath before continuing, "Most of the team haven't said anything, have continued on like usual and that's fine, great even, but the rest of them don't listen to me, won't even pass the ball during training, think they have the right to walk all over me now because someones told 'em I kissed a lad." The older boy slumped further back in his seat and he couldn't stop himself from feeling a little guilty for just throwing it all on Harry now, especially before this big dinner.

"Lou, why didn't you say anything earlier?" Harry questioned, his voice laced with concern, the grip he held on the older boys hand tightening ever so slightly to show he only wanted to comfort him.

"I know you've had your fair share of pricks and I didn't want to add more to your plate. It's not a big deal Haz, I can cope with it." Louis replied, sending the curly haired lad a small but sweet smile.

"That's the thing, you shouldn't have to cope with it Lou." Harry sighed as he shook his head softly before taking a deep breath, "I'm here for you, I don't care what I've got going on, you come first now, I'll always be here."

Louis nodded slowly at him before letting a small chuckle slip from his lips as he rested his head back on the edge of his seat to stare over at the beautiful boy sat beside him, "I know. I'm always here too H, you mean a lot to me, you know?"

Harry grinned goofily at that before leaning in to nudge his nose against the older boys, "And you mean a lot to me too." He pressed a chaste kiss to the brunettes lips and as he pulled away he couldn't help but smile, "Now we better get in there before Paul starts wondering what happened to us."

"To you, you mean!" Louis exclaimed with a loud laugh, "I bet he's already dug me a grave, thinkin' I've dumped your body on the side of the road or something." Harry rolled his eyes at the blue eyed lads dramatics, laughing lightly because he knew that Louis probably wasn't too far off with that idea, Paul was fiercely protective.

"Come on drama queen, lets go." Harry told him with a sly grin before climbing out of the truck, only to meet a narrowed eyed Louis on the other side. Harry could only laugh at the older boys antics before interlacing his long, ring clad fingers with Louis' shorter ones, smiling softly at the smaller boy stood next to him.

They walked up the short driveway hand in hand, Louis ironing out the wrinkles in his shirt whilst Harry just watched on amusedly. The bright red door swung open just before they could even knock, a blur of dark brown hair surprising both of the young boys as a small figure leapt out and clung to Harry.

"Heya, Noa." Harry chuckled as he stroked the back of a young boys head. The kid peered up at Harry, chin resting on the boys stomach as he did, with a piercing mix of olive green and hazel eyes, letting his mop of thick, chocolate coloured hair fall into his face, complimenting his sun kissed, freckled skin perfectly.

Louis watched as the young boy held up a finger to his chest, then two to his throat before pointing it at Harry. Harry smiled brightly before returning the signal, adding an extra motion on the end where he took his two pointer fingers and made them meet in the middle before him, "I missed you too." Harry spoke alongside the gestures and the little boy grinned madly in response before another child was attaching themselves to Harry's hip.

"'Arry!" A girl not much younger than the boy stood beside her screamed happily as she wrapped her arms around Harry's waist, the taller boys smile only brightening at the sight of her.

"Hey Lay, did you miss me too?" Harry asked with a little laugh as they parted, letting the two children catch sight of the mysterious boy that was now stood slightly off to the side. They eyed him suspiciously but before either one could whisper a word Paul, alongside a dark haired woman, hurried over to the door.

"Oi what have I said about you two doing that?" Paul questioned with a raised brow, "No opening doors without us there." He reprimanded lightly, watching as the two children looked away guiltily before smiling brightly up at the two older lads stood on his front door step. "Glad to see you both made it! Was beginning to think somethin' had happened." He laughed and with that Harry shot Louis an amused look.

"No all good, just got caught up, but we're only a couple minutes late." Harry argued lightly, grinning at the older man who in return just rolled his eyes.

"Don't worry about it sweetheart." The woman told Harry from where she was leant up against the doorframe before smiling sweetly in Louis' direction, "Hiya lovely, you must be Louis, I'm Laura."

Louis nodded politely at her as he returned the sweet gesture, "I am, it's really nice to meet you, thank you for having me."

Laura waved him off with a light grin, "Don't thank me, it's great to have you! Paul's told me quite a bit about you so it's nice to put a face to the name."

Louis bit at his lip anxiously but smiled all the same, hoping, no praying, that Paul had only said good things as he desperately wanted these people, who seemed to mean an awful lot to Harry, to think he was good enough for the curly haired boy.

"This is Noah and Layla by the way, two out of three of our little troublemakers." Laura laughed as the little girl, Layla, wandered over to hide behind her legs, leaving a curious Noah to look Louis over. Louis crossed his eyes and stuck his tongue out at the young boy before smiling brightly at the giggle he had earned from Layla and the soft smile Noah had given him. Harry, Paul and Laura watched on quietly, marvelling at Noah who hadn't shied away from the older brunette like he usually would.

Soon enough, Laura and Paul ushered them all into the home, letting them take a seat in the living room whilst they hurried off to finish cooking, Layla following after, leaving Louis and Harry alone with Noah.

Louis watched the two boys silently interact with one another from where he was perched on the velvet blue sofa, trying his best to see if he could decode any of the signs they were using as he had been trying to learn ever since meeting Harry. It was pretty hopeless, even after the hours he had spent studying each individual hand movement, but not even a moment later Noah was up on his feet and rushing out of the room.

"He okay?" Louis questioned once he had caught Harry's attention, gesturing in the direction the young boy had disappeared off into.

Harry smiled sweetly at him before shuffling up to join him on the end of the sofa, "Yeah all good, gone to find Kian for me." The raised brow he received from Louis in response only made him chuckle slightly, "Kian's the youngest, he's two and a proper menace." Harry informed as he wrapped an arm around Louis' waist, carefully caressing the older boys hip.

"Sounds like me." Louis laughed and shoved the taller boy's shoulder lightly when Harry made no move to argue against his statement, "I'm not that bad!"

"You are." Harry grinned brightly as Louis rested his chin against his shoulder before frowning cutely, "But I guess you're my menace now." The older boy rolled his eyes before pecking at Harry's jaw, pulling away just in time for the entrance of Noah, who was joined by a small toddler that was attached to his hip.

"Ree!" The toddler squealed when he caught sight of Harry's familiar curls, squirming to be released from where he was being held up against Noah's chest as he excitedly repeated the sweet nickname over and over.

When Noah finally freed the boy, he ran as fast as his little legs would let him and jumped into Harry's arms. "Where been Ree?" The toddler questioned, stroking the boys cheeks from where he was now comfortably sat on Harry's lap before trailing his hands through the tattooed boys curly locks.

"I've been a busy bee, Ki." Harry exclaimed as he shook his hair in the little boys face, making Kian giggle loudly as the curls tickled his chubby cheeks.

"Biz bee." Was all the toddler replied once his laughter had died out before he was suddenly focusing on Louis, "Who you?" He asked as he tilted his head to the side confusedly, the two older boys could only chuckle at him fondly.

"That's Louis." Harry stated, smiling as Kian wormed his way out of his hold and over to Louis who happily welcomed the small toddler, picking him up and perching Kian on his knees before grinning.

"Alright, little lad?" Louis greeted and Kian just scrunched up his nose cutely, trying to hide a smile.

"Cuddle?" The toddler questioned with big, bright honey brown eyes as he stretched out his arms towards Louis. The older lad just laughed softly before encasing Kian in a warm embrace.

"Love a good cuddle me." Louis whispered to him as he rubbed soothing circles into the boys back.

"Too." Kian mumbled into the older boys shirt and Louis grinned at the faint reply, happy that he had finally found a little cuddle buddy. Sure, his siblings liked hugs and kisses but none of them ever stuck around long enough to enjoy a proper cuddle. "Nice cuddle." The toddler sweetly added and when Louis heard Harry coo quietly beside him he couldn't stop his sappy smile.

Kian looked so at peace in Louis' lap and Harry could hardly contain his will to scream about how adorable they looked together, he knew Louis was good with little kids, having an army of siblings and all, but kids just seemed to be drawn to him, calmed by his presence. The sofa dipped beside Harry and he turned ever so slightly to find Noah now sat beside him, carefully watching the unfamiliar brunette with his younger brother.

Harry sent him a warm, tender smile knowing how Noah could sometimes get around new people but if he was being honest the lad was doing more than okay. Normally the boy would be hiding away with Layla, who was just as shy as her older brother, but Noah seemed to be quite open to the idea of meeting Louis and Harry wasn't sure if it was because Louis was with him or not. You see, Noah's mute, had been ever since Harry had met him, that was one of the reasons why they had connected so quickly, they understood each other on a level most people couldn't. Noah can obviously hear but he doesn't speak, so he communicates through sign and the day Paul had dragged Harry home after work both he and his wife were surprised to see their son, who hated all forms of conversation, look so happy and comfortable around the older, curly haired boy. Ever since then, Harry had seen Noah as the younger brother he'd never gotten, don't get him wrong he loved Layla and Kian just as much but he definitely had a soft spot for little Noah.

'You okay?' Harry signed once he'd caught the younger boys eye, Noah just nodded absently at him before gazing back to the blue eyed boy and little Kian who were now giggling about something Harry hadn't heard. 'He's great, you know? Good.' He added, hoping to comfort Noah's reeling mind as he wasn't too sure what the younger lad had made of the situation just yet.

'Looks nice.' Was all Noah replied with a small, sheepish smile and Harry would take that, he was just so glad that Noah was trying to step out of his comfort zone. Harry knew that place all too well and in the long run it didn't help at all.

Soon enough all four of the boys were being called to the dining table by Laura, Noah dragged Harry along with him as he signed what they were supposed to be having for tea whilst Louis trailed behind them with a now excitable toddler cradled in his arms. The older boy just hoped that the night went as smoothly as the greetings had.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511K 17.8K 56
"Tomlinson, you're fifteen minutes late. On your first day!" His new chief raises his voice a bit. Louis is taken back by the tone but also by the l...
1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
14.5K 724 32
Louis is homeless and the only thing he has left is his loyal dog Clifford, who makes life on the streets a little easier for him. Harry, on the othe...
238K 12.8K 32
Louis interns at the state prison and meets Harry who's on death row with only six months until his execution date. - "Why would you want to love so...