bloom. h.s ✔️

By vanillasoy

// "Shit Flower, I miss you." // In which a former drug dealer who fell in love with the bosses' daughter fin... More

a flower cannot blossom without sunshine, man cannot live without love
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty one.
twenty two.
twenty three.
twenty four.
twenty five.
twenty six.
twenty seven.
twenty eight.
twenty nine.
thirty.
thirty one.
thirty two.
thirty three.
thirty four.
thirty five.
thirty six.
thirty eight.
thirty nine.
forty.
forty one.
forty two.
a shameless promotion

thirty seven.

27.9K 676 682
By vanillasoy

"I think you should calm down."

I blinked but didn't stop my actions as I turned to look at Harry, who hadn't really been much help at all and raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry?"

"Jus' calm down Flower, yeh stressing out too much."

This time I did stop my drink mixing as I turned my entire body towards my boyfriend and crossed my arms over my chest, did he really think telling me to calm down was going to make me calm?!

"Lindsee comes home in half an hour and I still have another two more cocktail pitchers to make!"

"I can help." Harry offered and I scoffed instinctively.

"Now you decide to help."

I rolled my eyes as I went back to shaking the cocktail maker and pouring it out into the jug and started on another mix to continue filling the pitcher but I was very aware of the glare directed at my back before Harry stepped up beside me at the counter.

"Jus' a fuckin' birthday party. Not the fuckin' President."

"You didn't even throw your best friend a party." I pointed out as Harry snatched the last recipe for the Mojito's off the counter with a roll of his eyes towards me but no snappy reply and I had to admit I felt guilty.

"Sorry."

"S'fine Flower," Harry said as his eyes never the left page before he started to grab the bottles needed for the cocktail. "Nothing to apologise for m'love."

"I love you."

"Love you too." Harry replied before the two of us settled into silence and finished off the cocktails.

I stood back and looked proudly at my work as I waited for Lindsee to come home and everyone else to come over, my hand patting Gatsby's head absentmindedly as he wandered past me and I briefly wondered where Pineapple was.

"Looks good." Harry complimented as he pulled me back into his chest and I leant my head against him.

"Thanks." I smiled before I stepped away from him and lent up on my tiptoes to press our lips together and I felt Harry's lips twitch against mine before he tangled his hand in my hair and I melted into his grip.

"We need to start looking at places."

"I know." I said quietly before I stepped away from him just as I heard the front door open, "Not tonight though."

"Happy birthday!"

I practically screamed in Lindsee's face as she appeared in the living room door and I saw her jump before I launched myself at her, wrapping my best friend up in my limbs as I kissed her face over and over again.

"Nice to see you too Popcorn." Niall muttered as he pushed past us making both Lins and I roll our eyes before I finally let go of her.

"I love you." Lindsee smiled and I grinned at her as I pulled her into the kitchen.

"I love you too, have you had a good day?" I asked I had to admit that I was kinda hurt that Niall had taken up most of her attention but we'd had this morning together.

Especially considering we'd slept in her room last night so once it was midnight I woke Lindsee up to be the first person to wish her a happy birthday. But that didn't really change the fact this was the first birthday we'd known each other that we'd not spent the whole day together.

"Yeah, it's been good." Lindsee smiled before she turned sideways towards me and I looked at her curiously before I realised she was showing me the bag on her shoulder.

"Oh my god!"

I picked up the bag and looked the pretty pastel pink leather, the interlocking G's obvious and I heard Harry let out a whistle at it before I looked back to Lindsee wide-eyed.

"Got sunglasses too." Lindsee flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder making me laugh and I hugged her to my chest.

"You deserve the world." I said honestly making her roll her eyes but hug me tighter. "Do you want a drink?"

"What have we got?"

I let go of Lindsee just as the doorbell rang and I glanced at Harry to find him already heading towards it and I smiled gratefully as I directed Lindsee towards the options I'd spent all afternoon making.

"Mojito's, berry daiquiri's, cosmopolitans, long island iced tea which I'm actually calling London iced tea purely because its mostly vodka because well, it's me," I admitted making Lindsee laugh, "And espresso martinis."

"Ew."

"Yeah I know, I'm sorry. It's mostly for H and Niall and probably like Zayn."

"These look amazing P, thank you."

"Happy birthday!"

I jumped as a loud voice filled the flat and both Lindsee and I turned to see Eleanor making a beeline towards us and I grinned as she pulled Lins into a hug and I stepped away to greet Louis and Zayn, the latter with a hug.

"Outdone yourself Poppy." Zayn nudged me making me laugh before Harry appeared and threw an arm over my shoulder pulling me into him harshly and making both Zayn and I roll our eyes.

"Yeah, I'm starting to think I should be a party planner, to be honest."

"That would be so cool!" Eleanor gasped as Liam nodded in agreement and I shrugged.

"S'probably stressful." I shrugged, immediately dismissing the idea and I caught a couple of looks thrown between my friends and I wondered what it was about.

"As if being a lawyer isn't?" Harry snorted making me elbow him.

"Whatever," I waved the topic away before I looked at Lindsee, the sound of Jesse Rutherfords voice filling our flat and I knew she was appreciative of the playlist I'd made for her. "We have food and cocktails, there's little name tags in front of everything.

"So we can eat and drink and celebrate my most favourite person in the entire world and then we can do presents if you want!"

Lindsee grinned at me before I was pulled into another hug by her and I heard Harry grumbled in irritation and I caught Lindsee rolling her eyes.

"It's my birthday and she's my best friend, fuck off."

Everyone laughed as Harry rolled his eyes before I was let go and I was dragged back into his grip and I rolled my own eyes as I realised my life was basically a tug of war between the love of my life and well, Harry.

"Poppy this sushi is amazing, where'd you get it?" Eleanor asked once we'd all got food and drinks and sat down and now were laughing and talking like normal adults.

"I made it."

"You made all this sushi?!" Lindsee grabbed my arm almost making me drop my spring roll and I nodded.

"What, like it's hard?"

"I think we should get married." Lindsee deadpanned at me making me laugh and I heard a noise of protest come from Niall making everyone laugh.

"So one of your presents is actually to do with sushi..." I trailed off as I glanced at everyone and I figured now would be a good time to do presents. "I just have to get your gifts."

"Wait multiple gifts?" Zayn asked and I glanced over my shoulder and nodded before I stepped out into the hallway, "Aw fuck, I'm sorry Lindsee."

I grabbed the gift bags I'd hidden away in my room from my best friends prying eyes and nosy habits and stopped to give Pineapple a quick stroke, waking her up in the process with a little squeak and I felt a bit guilty about it before I kissed her head and left my room.

"Oh my god."

I rolled my eyes as I heard Lindsee's excitement but I saw the look on Zayn's displeased face making me laugh.

"Okay Poppy should go last otherwise we're all going to look like shit friends." Zayn rushed out making us laugh but I was happy to watch her open all of her other gifts.

I didn't know what everyone else was worried about, Zayn had gotten her an original Fleetwood Mac vinyl whilst Liam and Ollie had given her another, or rather considering it was the only one Lindsee had here in England, a new record player.

Louis and Eleanor had gifted her a very pretty and very soft pink Prada jumper as well some jewellery and Harry had given her a card with a gift voucher in it.

I looked at Harry through narrowed eyes as Lindsee forced him to hug her, a fucking gift card, really?!

"Okay time for my best friends presents!" Lindsee grinned and I smiled back at her as I handed her the smallest but arguably the most sentimental gift watching as she pulled the paper off without a second thought.

"P!"

I smiled as Lindsee whined my name before pulling me into a sideways hug on the sofa and we both looked at the framed photo of the two of us before she picked up the little coupon I'd made which was telling her we were going to a sushi making class.

I handed her one of the Gucci gift bags next and I chewed my lip as I watched her intently as she pulled out the multicoloured pastel Marmont shoulder bag, her eyes going wide as she gasped and I heard everyone else start talking about it too.

"Oh my god." Lindsee breathed out as she turned the bag over in her hands.

"I love you." I said simply.

"Wait there's more in here?" Lindsee asked and I nodded as she reached in and pulled out a second identical bag to the first and I watched as it dawned on her. "Oh my god!"

I laughed as I nodded and Lindsee handed me the bag, "We have matching bags."

"P I love you so much oh my god!"

I waved my hand as Eleanor snatched the bag from me to look over as I handed Lindsee the second Gucci bag.

"This is beautiful!"

I smiled as Lindsee pulled out the pale pink tulle bodysuit watching her turn it over in her hands and I heard Niall scoff.

"You buy your best friend underwear?"

"What, you don't?" I bit back raising an eyebrow and laughing as Niall looked towards Harry before pulling a face and making us all laugh.

I handed Lindsee her next gift, this time it was a small envelope with her name in pretty purple gel writing on the front. I'd even used a fancy envelope that had little blue baby breaths flowers lining the edges.

I swallowed thickly as I unconsciously lent into Harry, his hand landing on my hip as I gripped his fingers, hoping and praying that Lindsee would like this and not think that I'd made a fucking mistake.

"Poppy..."

I squeezed Harry's fingers tighter as Lindsee practically whispered my name, her eyes still glued to the paperwork in front of her and I saw Niall leaning in to see why Lindsee was so quiet and shocked.

"What is it?" Ollie asked making Lindsee blink and look up and I saw the tears gathering in her eyes and I bit my lip.

"Lins?"

Lindsee looked directly at me and I swallowed shakily as she shook her head at me before her hand came up to cover her mouth.

"Poppy you bought me the flat."

I nodded slowly watching as Lindsee's throat bobbed before she reached for me and crushed us together, everyone else reaching for the paperwork that fell to the floor as Lindsee cried into my shoulder.

"Are you happy about it?" I asked her quietly, her head nodding in my neck and I hugged her tighter.

"Holy shit Poppy." Louis whistled making Lindsee laugh as she pulled away from me and wiped under her eyes, Niall reaching for her hand gently.

"Poppy thank you so much." Lindsee kissed my cheek and I smiled gently at her. "I can never thank you enough."

"I have one last thing but it's not really from me." I said as I gave her another envelope but this time I recognised Sarah's writing on it.

"Who's it from?"

I just shrugged playfully making her push my shoulder before she ripped it open and I saw the flight itinerary fall out and as well as tickets to some of the most touristy things to do in London and Lindsee looked at me wide-eyed.

"They're coming to visit!" I grinned as Lindsee squealed in excitement. "I thought they could stay here if you don't mind. They're here for a week."

"Of course! OH my god, I can't wait I miss Mitch so much." Lindsee sighed as she gathered all her presents back up.

"Who?" Liam asked curiously.

"Sarah and Mitch." Both Lindsee and I answered together and I half-heartedly rolled my eyes as Harry's hands tightened on me.

"We met them at Columbia, they're coming to visit for a week on the fifth!" Lindsee explained making everyone nod.

I helped tidy up all the wrapping paper and envelopes once Lindsee was finished opening her presents and everyone had helped themselves to more food and more alcohol and the music from my Lindsee inspired playlist was playing slightly louder.

"Hey,"

I blinked as I looked at my best friend who cornered me int he kitchen whilst everyone else was trying to play a game of shitty beer bong even though we didn't have cups just cocktail glasses and no beer.

"What's up?" I asked smiling as Lindsee stroked the cat in my arms before she returned her attention to me.

"You're moving out aren't you?"

I swallowed thickly as she didn't beat around the bush and I bit my lip, my eyes darting to Harry before I looked back at my best friend and nodded.

"I didn't want to tell you today."

"Why not?"

"It's your birthday! It's a happy day." I said as if it was obvious.

"It is a happy day and it's happy because we're together and you're my best friend and you're obviously happy about moving out."

"Lins,"

"Don't Lins me, Poppy Carmichael," Lindsee clicked her tongue before she looked behind her and we both saw Harry watching us and I smiled automatically at him, his own lips lifting. "I'm happy for you. And I'm going to miss you like fucking hell."

"You're not getting rid of me." I laughed, "We're still going to spend every free moment together, it'll just either be in your flat or in mine and Harry's."

"We fucking better."

"We will, and Harry knows it too." I said honestly, "You're the love of my life."

"I love you Poppy."

"I love you too Lins," I sighed, she was right, I was happy but I was also incredibly sad that we wouldn't be living together anymore.

But life moves on and we were growing up.

"Happy birthday Lindsee."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.7K 30
Harry Styes and his gang are used to getting whatever they want, so when a wealthy arm dealer rips them off, Harry plans to get revenge on him. He pl...
363K 10K 38
Sequel to "Daddy" I think thats about all you need to know ;)
75.5K 2.5K 43
in which, a girl is forced to do illegal actions with a group of unknown guys in order to save her sister.
108K 2.3K 15
Paul's daughter is getting into some trouble at school. Paul decided that she should go on tour with the boys to try and keep an eye on her. What hap...