The New Fire Expert ( Jelsa...

By melantha123

It’s fire station 313. Jack Overland is well known young firefighting chief in Burgess. He is daring and cari... More

Characters
Prologue
1 The Road Called Life
2 Ending or a Beginning
3 The Meaning of Fire
Merry Jelsa Christmas!
4 Fire that Burns You
5 Lift the Cat on Table
6 She's in Town
7 Friendly Ghost
8 A Suggestion
9 Messing Around
10 Odd Events
12 Modern Fairy Tale
13 Burning Liquid
14 Girl Trouble
15 Passing Away
16 The Awakening of Sleeping Heroes
17 Beating Heart
18 Feeling Hurt
19 Modern Snow White
20 Proposal
21 The Connection
22 The End?
23 Secrets to Know
24 Winter 4
25 Movies are Heart Crushing
A/N All about private
M.I.M MEL
26 Hooked
27 Remember?
28 Obsessed Minds
29 Choices of Life
30 Dream of Something Better
31 Monday the Sick-minded Day
32 Hate is Poisonate
33 The Denial
34 Voice Inside the Brightness
35 Do Memories Hurt?
36 One 'A' Going Down
37 The Ones We Love
38 Damaged Sisters
39 The Plan of Y
40 Friendships Last
41 Glowing Flames
42 Yokai
43 Long Story
Epilogue
Final Words
After 8 years

11 Ghostbusting and Adoptions

5.7K 253 128
By melantha123

POV Chief Corona

I'm waiting for my daughter to wake up, she's been sleeping late because of her date with Eugene. He really is a nice man for her and I'm happy that they found each other. Soon I hear her running down the stairs, she's a bit late.

"Eat your breakfast," I told her when she was running outside from front door.

"I'm going to be late from work, he is so gonna preach me! Jack is so--," Rapunzel started but her eyes widened. I saw sadness taking over her and she sighed.

"Never mind," Rapunzel whispered and came to grab an apple from the fruit bowl.

"Have you ever considered talking to some professional?" I questioned as I placed my paper down. She shook her head and bit the apple on her way out.

"You should get to know the new girl, Elsa." I interrupted Rapunzel again.

"Daddy! You just gave Jack's place to her. She might stay when Jack comes back and I don't want other chief than Jack," Rapunzel sighed.

"Jack might take my place if he returns which is getting more unlikely day by day," I told her the realities and she left.

After having breakfast I went to get myself ready for duty. I shaved my face, cleaning up the overgrown hair and then I dressed myself into my uniform, I folded the sleeve collars and when I left I kissed my wife on the cheek.

As I got into the station I saw the youngsters doing their jobs. Hiro was being guided by Merida, well her guidance might not be filled with patience but she knows what she is doing. I chuckled to my self when Merida was giving Hiro the extreme lesson of how to roll up the fire hose the best way so it wouldn't be sticking out from the truck. Hiro was so stunned looking.

Seeing Hiro reminds me of Tadashi. He was new recruit when I was slowly getting ready to take my responsibilities as the leading fire chief of Burgess. Oh, those were the days when I worked on the field with my team.

At my office I go to see a old picture of me as a young man. There's Tadashi as 18 year old, he was just graduated and the newbie like Hiro is now. I can see Stefan, Sultan and Arthur. Stefan was a slender man with black hair and beard, really kind and fond of his daughter Aurora. Sultan was hilarious, he was the oldest one of us and had obsession with collectables. Friendly and chubby man. Arthur was the one with pure heart, everyone loved him and his hobby was to roleplay medieval games. Now they're all retired, it's just me left since Tadashi's unfortunate faith.

Sometimes I wish that I could make a comeback but it's better leave this kind of work to the young and enthusiastic. I never realized that I would miss a troublemaker who acts reckless sometimes. We firefighters consider water as our friend that tames the flames, it's ironical that it was the thing that made the best firefighter of all time into.. into someone who is missed.

I walk to my offices window and I look at the team of fire station 313. Even though everything seems normal, I can see that they're hurting on the inside. I just can bare to tell them the news that it's not going to be so long until Jack's insurance runs empty. Honestly I don't know if the Overland family can afford keeping someone alive months after months. Well, it's under month now but I can tell how this is going to end. Also keeping family member alive in such a state is really painful.

I sighed, "You better wake up Frost. We all would want that."

The alarm started ringing and I look how the team gathers their equipment and runs to truck. One of the first to enter the truck was Elsa Arendelle. Her devotion reminds me of Jack and I chuckled. Jack chose wisely when he thought that she would be a good new team member. Sad that he isn't seeing her.

POV Hiccup

"Why does this always happen!" I shouted as I was pulling my pants back up. Toothless frowned and was pacing behind me. "Why! Why always when I'm about to go to use bathroom, coming out from there or shower - THERE IS A FREAKING ALARM!" Toothless runs down the stairs when I run to the pole and slide down.

Quickly I run to fire truck which is already about to leave from the station.

"Thanks for waiting," I groaned.

"You should have fire under your pants when there's alarm," Merida said like it was nothing and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay guys, it's a house fire at nearby," Elsa looked behind her and was closing her firefighter jacket. "Just work with me? Okay? The lives of those people are important. I heard that there's someone trapped. Let's help them out?" Elsa spoke fast.

I glance at Punzie and Hiro who are sitting next to me. "Yeah, that's not even a good question. Of course we will!" Merida groaned and rolled the wheel. She put on the siren that was now telling the traffic that we're in a rush. I see how some cars pull over and give us room while Merida is driving fast.

"That's great. Dislike me on the other time but at firescene I do not tolerate any neglectful behavior. Understood?" Elsa said strictly.

"Aye chief," we all shouted in unison and Elsa nodded her approval when she put on her white chief's helmet which she got from Mr. Corona.

The snow was slushy today and it splat everywhere when we jumped out from the truck. I spent few seconds just looking at the flames that were already eating the building. Then I see how the round window on the top of the dark bricked and purple rooftopped building explodes and the flames are trying to get out from there.

I always find it enchanting to look at the flames, it calmed me as well as the cracking sound that it makes when it burns the wood. It's like my first and only memory of mum, she loved the fireplace that we got at home but dad bricked it shut when mum left us. Such a shame, every once in a while as a kid I stole some matches and lit them up, spending time watching the flame dancing and eating the air around it. There's such beauty in it, it gives warmth and it gives nutrients to life but it's also so very deadly.

"Hiccup! Put on your smoke diving gear!" Elsa shouted and patted me on my back," I blink my eyes few times and look at her. Then I see a man panicking near us.

"Please! Get Agnes out! S-she sneaked back in! To get her unicorn plush!" The man grabbed onto my jacket and Merida pulled him off. "Yeah Hiccs will surely get him out," Merida sighed and glared at me. I ran to fetch my gear from the trucks side and I see how Punzie and Hiro are putting the fire post into usage.

"Okay so tell me more of Agnes," Elsa asked from the bald man who was tall and had blue eyes, his shoulders were wide. I see a mailbox saying, "Gru's."

I'm pulling the oxygen bottle into my back as I hear Mr. Gru telling Elsa about Agnes.

"She loves that plush. Agnes lives with her sisters Margo and Edith in the bedroom center of the house. Get my little 6 year old Agnes out," Gru cried and I see two other girls behind him.

"We will do our best sir," Elsa smiled to him.

"I'm ready," I told to Elsa who nodded. Merida pulled Gru away from Elsa as we started to run in the slushy snow towards the house.

"The hose!" Elsa shouted to Hiro and Punzie who brought the hose to us.

"Keep the water coming," Elsa told them and they were already on it. How did I end up as her partner anyway?

We entered into the burning building and the burn fumes were thick in the air. I sprayed the water on the roots of the flames, taming it a little. "This whole place is about to burn to ground level," I said to Elsa through microphone.

I see a burning couch in the living room as we are going further into the house. Some flames explode towards the ceiling from one doorway, it made me fall to my butt and I spray the water on the wild flames. Elsa is kneeling down, holding her hand up.

"We should go back!" I shouted when the flames were getting more intense every second.

"THERE!" Elsa shouted all of a sudden and pointed at one small lump that could barely be seen through the thick smoke cloud.

She crouched down, crawled closer and I kept the flames under control.

"Found her!" Elsa told me and soon I see her returning, she is dragging the little girl behind of her.

"Let's get the heck out before we get burned alive by the almighty flame!" I gulped and we're going towards the exit.

When we got out there were more firefighters maintaining the flame so the little houses near it wouldn't burn as well. Some paramedics from M.I.M hospital run to get the girl from us when we reached safe distance from the fire.

"THANK YOU!" Mr. Gru hugged us but before he could leave to ambulance where paramedics were giving oxygen to Agnes, Elsa stopped him.

Gru is surprised as he is looking at Elsa. "How did the fire start? It's spreading like explosion!" Elsa said strictly and pointed at the burning building which rooftop just now fell down.

"The house can burn as long as my adoptive daughters are safe," Gru sighed. Then he cleared his throat and continued, "I'm an.. umm.. inventor. I had my own research laboratory at the house. When I went to there this day I saw that there was someone dressed in all black and wearing mask. I told him to beat it but he just laughed and threw something to floor. It exploded into flames. I took my daughters out but Agnes sneaked back." His lower lip was shivering.

"Why would there be someone in your lab?" Elsa crossed her arms.

"I don't know. I think that he was holding my lazer?" Gru shrugged and glanced towards the ambulance.

"Alright, you may go." Elsa sighed and Gru shrugged her hand before going. It was like Elsa was wondering something.

Suddenly I felt cold. "Brrr.. is it me or did the weather get colder?" I gasped.

Elsa sighed and I could swear that she glared at something. "It sure is getting rather frosty," she said bitterly and started backing our equipment.

We were all exhausted after working on with the house fire which was done by some sort of arsonist. At the fire station we were planning to go to pub and then I see Elsa making her leave.

"I'm going to ask if she would come for beer?" I told everyone and I heard Merida fighting against the idea verbally when I run to Elsa. She glances at me nervously and is putting her bag better on her shoulder.

"Hey," I said to her.

"Hey," she replied.

"I was wondering if you would like to join us for cold beer? It would be nice after hard days work," I grinned and rubbed my neck.

She shook her head, "I have someone coming over to my apartment this evening. To erm... handle with something." She patted my shoulder, "Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it and I hope that I can come next time." I nodded my head and then I went back to others.

"Please say that she won't come," Merida said quietly.

"She was busy," I replied and everyone sighed from relief.

As we got into the pub I see Hiro staring at his drink after he got it. "What bothering the newbie?" I chuckled and slammed his shoulder which he rubbed immediately.

"It was arsonist case? Right?" Hiro sighed and I look at him. The girls were still at the bar ordering their drinks as we went ahead and hold the table.

"Yeah, why?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I heard something at the sushi place a while ago. It might have been a cover up, the whole explosion fire at San Fransoskyo's University," Hiro sighed and looks at his beer pint again.

I laughed, "Hey. You probably heard it wrong. It was accident. Your brother was a hero like you are. Never doubt that." I smiled and punched his shoulder playfully. Hiro smiled back faintly and took a sip of his beer as the girls got to us.

"What were you talking about?" Punzie asks as she wraps her fingers around her beer pint.

"We-," I started but Hiro interrupted.

"Nothing," Hiro laughed nervously and drank some more. I decided to leave it there.

POV Elsa

I'm hearing Jack laughing as I go to open up the front door. He has been laughing to the idea of having Ghost busters coming to get rid of him ever since when I got home.

When I opened the door I see a man standing at the door, his back was facing me and he was running his hand through his brown hair that's tied onto ponytail. Then he turned around and gave me his hand to shake. "Jim Hawkins from Ghostbusters at your service," he chuckled and smiled politely. He is looking at me with his blue eyes and I take his hand which he shook without hesitation.

"Mr. Hawkins? Not the same one who checked the heating here?" I raised my eyebrow and gave him a sly smile. From the coldness next to me I figured out that Frost had come closer to us.

"Yeah, the very same," he laughed. "This is my side job," he grinned and lifted up a device that he was holding.

"Great, he came to do some cleaning. I wonder where his pink apron is and feather gloves since he brought a vacuum cleaner with him," Frost said sarcastically.

"What's that?" I asked and pointed at the back bag looking vacuum cleaner.

"This, my lady, is an advanced Ghost Vacuum-," he started and smiled confidently but Frost started chuckling.

"Told ya that he brought a vacuum," Frost grinned and I glare at him.

"I use this to shoot a proton beam at the ghost and then I suck it inside the containment unit that this baby here is," Jim smiled and patted at the vacuum containment.

"I see so when do you start. I have a ghost problem in here," I told to Jim as I let him walk inside.

"First I'll locate the ghost with this Ghost Detector," Jim said and took out something that looked like box with spinning antennae on top.

"Oh so you're searching for the ghost well -- ," I started but Jim started detecting the apartment with the device. I watched as he worked. He scanned through the couch, went to scan to bedroom.

"You seriously think that he knows what he is doing?" Frost sighed as the device pointed straight at him without any sign of actually detecting anything.

"Umm.. you sure that it works?" I ask from Jim who raised his eyebrow.

"Of course it does! I invented it myself. There just aren't any ghosts in here. " Jim told me and started backing up his gear.

"Yup. Total rip off," Frost laughed.

"Umm.. I was wondering, " Jim laughed all of a sudden.

"What?" I asked and tried to ignore Frost's laughter on the background.

"Could I take you to eat?" Jim grinned and raised his eyebrow. My cheeks blushed and I heard Frost starting to cough.

"Whoa, he is a flirty guy," Frost grinned and then I quickly told Jim that I would accept. Frost looked at me surprisingly after Jim had left.

I turn around to look at that guy who has been bothering me for far too long. "If you're not a ghost or a demon. What are you?" I hissed to him and he chuckled. He runs his hand through his silver white hair and tilts his head slightly to his right while he shrugs his shoulders. "I wish that I would know," he smiled slyly and he looks at me weirdly.

"How many years have you been like that? Who are you anyway?" I questioned.

"Wow, you sure are a bossy girl. Sorry, woman," he grinned mischievously when I cursed him aloud." Also you've a bit of a snob so.. how about I call you Queen?" He grinned and he is staring at my face like he is trying to figure out what I'm thinking.

"You didn't answer," I demanded with venom dripping from my words.

"Alright, Queen, not so long and I hope that you figure out yourself who I am. When you do that I promise to leave you and never bother you again," he laughed a bit but it was the type of laughter what a bitter and sad person does.

"Stop that Queen thing," I ordered him as I went to get ready to go to bed.

"Queen," he said and I gave him angry glare.

Then he hummed, "It's odd that you decided to accept a dinner request from a man that you just met."

"Better to go out for dinner than be stuck in the apartment with some sort of troublemaster," I sighed.

Then he bowed and looked me straight into eyes. He was smiling mischievously and holding his arms behind his back. "That you got right, oh my Queen," he said and waved his hand in the air and sank his chin against his chest. My cheeks blushed and then he looks back at me again. "This is so awesome, you're getting red from anger," he chuckled.

I shook my head and shouted, "AM NOT!"

"Yes you are and I'm enjoying every moment that I can use to drive you away from my home," he grinned deviously.

My cheeks are burning as I check him out.

"You drove the last renter out too?" I gulped.

He rolled his eyes, "You could say that, sort of."

There he is so wrong. He doesn't know who he is dealing with right now. He is the one who is leaving. The fact is that he doesn't know it yet.

A/N:

What did you like especially in this chapter? ^^

I'm gonna add Anna's pov on next chapter. Tell me some songs that you wish for the Valentine's Day musical to have which she is going to perform at the school! Also, suggest some fairy tale that the musical could be about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266K 7.3K 30
When Elsa Queen was little she was popular, talented, athletic, and good at everything. After their parents died she gave it all up so her sister; An...
96.5K 2.6K 130
COMPLETED! ❝ 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲! ❞ Ask & Dare the Big Five! Hiccup, Rapunzel, Merida, Jack Frost...
7.5K 261 21
Elsa Aren believed that true love only exists in fairytales and not in the real life world but she then meets Jack Overland Frost,Jack is handsome,fu...
5.2K 86 15
Four orphans meet in an orphanage, connection at first sight. Their hearts bond like gold and silver, their pasts too dark to be true. Only someone a...