Undaunted

By blithv

"Am I supposed to be afraid of you, sir?" I asked, making eye contact with him through the mirror in front of... More

A/N
One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Characters
A.N

Two

33.5K 1K 4.3K
By blithv

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Beep

Beep

Beep

I hate the sound of my alarm, I've tried changing it to a song I love, I ended up just hating the song. I hate waking up early, I love mornings and am for sure a morning person but i'm more of a 9am morning person rather than a 7am morning person. I opened my eyes and quickly regretted it. You absolute imbecile, you fell asleep with your contacts on again.

I've been lying awake in bed for a few minutes trying to muster up the motivation to get up and get ready. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was already 7:30. If I don't get up soon I'm not gonna leave in time and I'm gonna get caught in the morning traffic. Who let me pick early classes? I made the same mistake last year, I don't learn.

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck, my eyes hurt so bad.

"Kassie, are you up?" I heard Jules say from the other side of my door.

"Yea, come in, what's up?"

"The door's locked stupid."

"Fuck." I mumbled as I got out of bed to open the door and ran right back under my covers with my eyes closed tightly.

"Are you okay?" She asked, her voice laced with concern.

"Yea, just pass me the contact solution from the shelf."

"Really, you fell asleep with them again?" She said, handing me the contact solution and the little case.

She stood silently as I flushed my eyes with solution and picked the contacts out. I handed the things back to her and she put them back where they were.

"Okay, now, which shirt would look better?" She asked, holding up two shirts.

"They're the exact same apart from color and you're wearing jeans, why does it even matter?"

"Well like you just said, they're a different color, blue or red?" She asked again, giving me a pointed look.

"Red. Looks better on your skin."

"Okay, thanks. I think you might wanna get up, or you might be late." She said, pulling the shirt on.

"You might wanna get out or you might be late, you guys need to leave in 15 minutes."

"Actually no, Milo needs to be at school by 7:40 for some football thing so we have to leave like now but we'll be fine." She said, waving her hand in a dismissive motion as she turned to walk out of my room.

My bed was far too warm and the world outside was far too cold, I didn't want to get up. I pulled the blanket off of myself as slowly as I possibly could and put my foot down onto the soft rug. Once I stepped on the cold floor I felt my legs break out in goosebumps, I should really try to convince my dad to get heated floors.

I walked over to my closet and pushed through the hangers. No, no, why do I even still have this. Is it a cardigan or a flannel type of day? My tan and black flannel caught my eye. Okay I can definitely work with that. I looked over at the clock and almost screamed, 20 minutes to leave before I end up caught in traffic.

"Hey siri, text Sophi."

'What do you want to say?'

"I got up a little late. I can still make it to school on time, but if I stop for coffee I will for sure be late so can you pretty please with a cherry on top pick one up for me, babes?"

'Here's your message, ready to send it?'

"Yea.'' I heard the little blurb of the message going through and silently prayed to myself that she'd see it before getting onto campus. What am I praying to? I'm an atheist the fuck.

I pulled out the flannel and hurriedly walked over to my dresser and pulled open one of the drawers. I pulled out my high waisted black jeans and a black tube top. I laid them on my bed and pulled a black beanie off the hook on my door. No, Nope, not this. I'm gonna look like I belong in a wattpad novel.

I folded the jeans and the top and put them away. I took the flannel back to my closet and instead pulled out a gray cardigan. I walked back over to my dresser and pulled out a pair of socks and a dress.

"I think this is a slip." I mumbled to myself as I turned it over. "Yea, this is for sure supposed to go under another dress." Oh well, still gonna wear it.

I pulled my t-shirt off and pulled the slip on. I pulled the box with my thigh high platform boots out from under my bed. I quickly zipped the boots up and pulled the cardigan on. I went over to my vanity and quickly put my contacts in. I then put on blush, lip gloss, eyeliner, and lastly mascara. I pulled my hair out of the loose bun, quickly fluffed it and pushed my long ass bangs back before giving myself a once over, that's as good as it's gonna get.

I looked back at the clock and saw that I had a little more than ten minutes but something was for sure missing. What's missing? I turned to the mirror and stared at myself again, I then bent down to pick a barrette up off the floor and that's when I noticed that what was missing was a goddamn pair of little shorts under the dress. That could've been really bad. I walked back over to the dresser and pulled out a pair of shorts and quickly slid them on.

Ring

Ring

Ring

I dove onto my bed to get a hold of the phone that was on the other side of the room.

Jules is calling

What did she do now?

"What's up?" I asked as I got back up to grab my bag off the desk chair and throw the strap over my shoulder.

"Are you still home?"

"I was just about to head out," I paused to take a deep breath as soon as it clicked. "I'm gonna be late today, aren't I?"

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, what do you need?" I asked while putting her on speaker and switching over to snapchat to take a few pictures and post one on instagram, might as well.

"I left my history textbook on my desk, can you please bring it to me?"

"Yea, just be outside waiting for me, I don't have the time to go to your class." I told her as I walked into her room, picked up the book, and ran down the stairs.

"You have to come into the lobby, I don't have a free so I can't leave the building." I heard her say as I picked my keys up off the counter.

"Okay. I'm gonna get coffee first and I'll be there in ten." I hung up the phone and rushed out the door.

I unlocked my phone and texted Sophi to let her know that she didn't need to get me anything, if I was already gonna be late I might as well get my own coffee.

Only Jules, only Jules would try to get me out of the house on time and then be the exact reason I'm late. It's fine, it's fine. My first lecture professor is super cool, and I'm always on top of everything so I don't think he'll mind if I'm a bit late, I hope he won't mind.

I drove into town and parked in front of Starbucks. Stupid ass overpriced coffee. I usually go to this cute little cafe a few streets away from my school in the morning, when I'm not late that is.

"Hi, what can I get you today?" The barista asked. I quickly glanced at her name tag.

"Hi Grace, can I just have a venti cold brew coffee with milk?"

"Of course, what name can I put on that for you?"

"Kassie with a K."

"That'll be 2.95."

"Thank you so much." I handed her a 5. "Keep the change."

I waited for a few minutes before I heard,

"Venti cold brew for Kassie."

I picked the drink up and quickly walked back to my car, I looked in the side mirror and saw a white audi parked on the other side of the street, what the fuck.

I pulled out of the parking spot as quickly as I could and hit the gas all the way to Juliette's high school. I pulled into a parking spot a few streets away. I looked around before I grabbed the book and practically ran out of the car. Terrible day to wear platforms, fuck me.

When I got into the building it took all of two seconds to spot Jules in the empty hallway.

"That isn't what you had on when you walked out of my room." I said motioning to the white crop top with little blue flowers she was wearing.

"Your opinion doesn't matter to me all that much and I found this after and I liked it better." She said with a straight face as she took the textbook out of my hand. "Thank you so much by the way," She paused and pulled me into a hug, "I'll see you later." She finished.

I hope so.

I walked out of the building and tried my best to duck behind cars on the way back to my little gray jeep.

If I fucking die on Wednesday, I swear to god I'm suing.

I ended up across the street from my car and once it was in view I finally felt like I could breathe. I looked both ways before I crossed the street and manually unlocked the car not wanting it to make more noise than necessary.

And that's when shit went left.

I felt a hand wrap itself around my upper arm and suddenly my back was met with someone else's front.

Why me bro, what the fuck did I do?

Right when I was about to scream I felt a hand press itself against my mouth, so I bit it, hard. I'm probably still gonna die, and that's fine, but I'm not gonna make it easy.

"Fucking bitch!" he hissed.

Oops.

He loosed his grip on me, I assume from the shock of me actually retaliating, I took advantage and tried to run.

Big mistake.

Before I knew it I bumped into someone else. At First I thought it might be someone who came out of their house but right when I was about to ask the tall dude for help he twisted my arms behind my back and turned me to face the man from before. The fucking creeper from the store, they're both fucking ugly.

"Good eye, Danny." The man said to the one holding me back.

I'm not being murdered oh my god I'm getting sex trafficked, that's so much worse, fuck.

"She's a runner. Ain't she, Johnny?" Danny said, to who I'm now assuming is Johnny.

"Won't be our problem for much longer, so who really cares?" Johnny said, reaching into his back pocket.

A gun, amazing, shoot me now, make it fast.

I screwed my eyes shut and waited for the boom that never came, but as soon as I opened my eyes there was a cloth pushed against my face. I sucked in a breath without thinking twice. Another big fucking mistake. A sweet ether-like smell filled my nostrils, a smell I recognized from one of my dad's self defense lessons from a few years ago.

You fucking absolute idiot.

I tried to hold my breath for as long as I possibly could but it was useless.

"Come on doll, you're just dragging this out for the both of us, just breathe." Johnny told me.

I struggled against Danny's restraints before I realized how truly useless of an effort this was.

'Fucking men, stupid ass fucking pieces of shit.' I thought to myself as I breathed in deeply one or two more times before I felt my brain shutting off and I felt my limbs giving out.

I guess I won't see you later Jules, but hopefully soon.

Men and their stupid ass fucking chloroform ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4M 198K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
638K 13.7K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...
1.6M 42.4K 59
"Let me go, you sick, twisted, bastard!" I seethed through gritted teeth. I felt an uncontrollable amount of fear rake over my body. I soon began to...
401K 8.9K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...