Sweet Spot

Par TheFeveredBookaholic

Sierra Lancaster has had an agonizingly mediocre life. She grew up in a happy home, made loyal friends, gradu... Plus

Dedication
Playlist
Chapter 1 | Satan Is Back
Chapter 2 | Fake Boyfriend
Chapter 3 | Sierra's Sweets
Chapter 5 | Minnesota's Golden Boy
Chapter 6 | Eat My Cupcake
Chapter 7 | The Deal
Chapter 8 | SF Player Management
Chapter 9 | New Friendships
Chapter 10 | Bully Me No More
Chapter 11 | The Gala: Part One
Chapter 12 | The Gala: Part Two
Chapter 13 | Drunk Sierra
Chapter 14 | Fool Me Twice
Chapter 15 | Fabulous Tatas
Chapter 16 | Shortcake
Chapter 17 | Golden Holden
Chapter 18 | Wet
Chapter 19 | Full House
Chapter 20 | Scars
Chapter 21 | Sweet Spot
Chapter 22 | You Taste Good
Chapter 23 | F@#! You, Dudes
Chapter 24 | I Need You
Chapter 25 | Red Carpet: Part One
Chapter 26 | Red Carpet: Part Two
Chapter 27 | Past Is Back
Chapter 28 | Let Go
Chapter 29 | Heartbreak
Chapter 30 | One Month
Chapter 31 | No More Hiding
Chapter 32 | Skeletons
Chapter 33 | Rey Enterprises
Epilogue | Birthday Girl
Author's Note
SOFT SPOT - SEQUEL COVER
SOFT SPOT - SYNOPSIS REVEAL
SOFT SPOT - EXCERPT

Chapter 4 | Sir Whiskers 2.0

148K 7.3K 12.7K
Par TheFeveredBookaholic

"Uhhhhhhhh."

The sound briefly registers in my brain but I'm still sleeping so I brush it off.

"Ohhhhhhhh."

Hmm. Okay. That one was definitely harder to ignore. I'm half-awake now and roll over, annoyed that I'm partially aware of my surroundings and not submersed in peace and quiet.

"Ohhhh. Ohhhh! Yessss!"

Damn it! Now I'm totally awake and I sit up, disgruntled and blinking apart my heavy eyelids. I rub the sleep out of them and look around for the source of the noise. There's something else, a light thumping that I didn't make out earlier. But it's definitely there, rhythmic and constant. I listen more closely.

"Ohhhhhhh, God!"

Wowza. I wince and cover my ears because holy hell, that's loud. Loud and high-pitched enough to shatter glass. I wouldn't be surprised if my floor-to-ceiling windows spontaneously broke but I would be super pissed. This apartment is not cheap to rent and my business isn't doing so hot which means I'm broke as hell and don't appreciate the danger my windows are in.

"Uhhhhhhh!"

Jesus Christ. What kind of moans are those? Hell, my dead tabby would make those exact sounds when he was about to hack up a fur-ball. I snort with almost-laughter at the thought of Sir Whiskers being reincarnated in the form of moaning woman. He always was a naughty dude. Had major sex appeal too. He once impregnated three cats on one of his walks in the neighbourhood, the little slut.

"YES!"

That's it. I throw off my blanket with a slew of curses that rival a sailor's vocabulary and stomp into my living room. I still haven't figured out where the porn-star screams are coming from but I seem to be getting closer. My ears perk up at the sound of a deep grunt, the first I've heard. And I guess I should be just as annoyed at the dude clearly getting some but...woah. That's some phenomenal grunting. Shoots straight to my hoo-ha, especially when an even deeper groan follows.

What is it about a man groaning in bed? It's like you can feel the rumble of their vocal chords right in your belly and practically conjuring a fetus straight in there. If that was possible, I'd say I've got a set of twins jamming in my womb at the sound of a marvelous fuuuuck.

I inch closer to my front door and sure enough, the moans and groans get louder. So I open the door and then there's no concealing the fact that my neighbours are getting some. And by neighbours, I mean Holden.

Of course. Of course.

Why am I not surprised? I outwardly dry-heave at my consideration of being impregnated by Satan. Imagine! Spawning a junior devil. He'd probably come out with little horns and sharp teeth. I shudder at the image and continue my not-throwing-up. I think I've had enough for one night.

"God, yes, PLEASE! OHHHH!"

I think my tooth might have cracked from how hard I'm grinding my jaw. Without considering my options, because I've always been too impulsive for my own good, I go straight for Holden's door and knock on it. Actually, that's a generous term. I bang on it. Way harder than he's banging Sir Whiskers 2.0. I bang and I bang and I bang and a teenager that just discovered sex would ask me for tips, that's how hard I bang.

The door swings opening and Holden is suddenly there. I mean I expected him but I didn't expect him, you know? How could I have been prepared for the image in front of me—Holden, sweaty and flushed and panting as he struggles to hold a white sheet around his hips? My gaze drops down, because duh, and immediately my mouth pops open.

He's. Still. Hard.

He could whack me in the face and knock me out with that thing! Sweet mercy.

"Sierra." His tone is demanding and unamused. "Jesus, Sierra. Look up here."

"It's staring at me!" I defend. I try to look away. Cross my heart. But...what the hell did he do, stuff a club in there?

His heavy sigh barely registers in my head as I watch him make a knot with the sheet. Then he braces his forearms on the door frame and the maneuver pulls his muscles taut to perfection. Bulging biceps, stretched-out pecs, washboard abs...I mean, seriously, you could grate cheese on those. And it would look gouda. Ha.

"Maybe I should charge you by the hour if you're going to take this long," He mutters.

My eyes snap back up to him right before they narrow. "Do you ever get tired of thinking the world revolves around you?"

"Do you ever get tired of being a pain in my ass?" His jaw locks. "I was in the middle of something."

"Correction—you were in something and it sounds like a freaking massacre in there."

"A massacre? That's all? I might have to take it up a notch."

I growl under my breath. "Damn it, Holden! Some of us are trying to sleep."

"Some of us are trying to fuck. I guess neither of us is getting what we want now."

My eye twitches. Like, legit twitches. Holden notices and raises a brow. "You're telling me you were enjoying what was going on in there? She sounds like Sir Whiskers!"

His frown is immediate. "What the fuck? You mean your obese, dead cat?"

"Yes!"

"No, she doesn't." He scoffs. His mouth opens, closes. Then again. An irritated grunt. "Damn it, Sierra. Stop putting shit in my head."

"You know it's true. See?"

He tugs at the both of his wrists like I saw him do with his cuff links, but stops short when he realizes he's not wearing them and shakes his head. "Go home. I'm not doing this with you right now."

"Doing what?"

"This. The stupid arguments and shit. It was funny when we were kids but not anymore, Sierra. I don't play games."

"Neither do I!"

"Yes, you do." His face is somehow impassive and annoyed at the same time. "Goodnight."

He slams the door in my face, leaving me gaping. Did he just say I play games? Moi? The nerve!

He was the one that used to act like I personally shoved a stick up his ass when we stopped being friends, always glaring at me from his high pedestal our high school placed him on. He's the one who got a taste of the good life, the girls and the homecoming games and the stares in the hallways, and forgot all about me.

Jerk-face. Dick-head. Fuck-nut.

I mutter a slew of creative insults in my head as I retreat to my apartment, all but stomping to my room and dramatically falling face-first on the bed.

The ass-fucker made good on his promise alright—they were even louder the rest of the night.

I'm exhausted when my alarm goes off. As a morning person I'm not used to waking up and wishing I could go back to sleep but that's exactly what I do after silencing my phone.

Begrudgingly, I get out of bed and drag myself to the bathroom where I begin my morning routine. Wash up, change into running gear, go on morning run, come home, shower, get dressed, make coffee, and then it's out the door.

I'm yawning into my thermos when I hear one of the apartment doors opening. I think nothing of it, at least not until I hear laughter and the unmistakable sound of kissing. I glance down the hall and spot a woman leaning into Holden's doorway, the lower half of her body sticking out the door. Damn. Her ass is phenomenal. Explains a lot.

When the upper half of her body leans out, I quickly look away before I get caught. Then I jam my finger on the elevator button like it's my clit and silently beg that the damn thing comes already. Insert snicker due to hilarious innuendo.

I practically launch myself the moment the elevator door opens and then proceed to pressing the close button as fast as I can. My sigh of relief is cut short when a hand jams in the thin space between both elevator doors and prompts them to move apart again.

The woman, who is just a gorgeous as I expected her to be, offers me a saucy grin as she steps inside and moves to one corner of the elevator. My smile is on the weaker side. Something hot tickles the centre of my chest as I stare at her. Raven hair—and super obvious bed-head—startling blue eyes, hourglass figure...she looks like a model. I sip my coffee and look away.

"Beautiful morning, isn't it?" She winks. I just nod when a husky laugh bursts out of her. "I'm sorry. I just had an incredible night. The man I was with..." She blows out a breath. "God. I didn't know men could fuck like that. He was surprisingly giving. Obviously valued my pleasure, you know? It wasn't all hey, suck my dick before I stick it in you. Who knew they were good for something after all?"

I resist the urge to throw up. I did not need to know how Satan functioned in bed. Although it did surprise me that the arrogant ass was apparently giving as he was. Doesn't sound like him at all. But her mewling suddenly makes sense. I thought she was over exaggerating her moans but home-girl was honestly feeling it.

"That's really cute." She points to my tote bag with the Sierra's Sweets logo on it. "Is that from a bakery?"

I nod again and clear my throat. "Yup. It's mine. Right across the street, actually."

She nods, looking impressed. "Nice. I totally need to buy something then. Are you headed there now?"

I blink in shock. She's so...nice. What the hell was she thinking getting into the bed with the devil? Clearly Holden has great taste in women but this chick seriously had to take a closer look at her own conquests. "Um, yeah. I have to prep first and it'll be an hour before I'll have anything to offer you."

"No probs." She pulls out her phone. "My girl and I are always looking for a decent bakery to sneak in some calories during our lunch break. I'll just stop by with her. Across the street, you said?"

I blink again. What is happening? It's all I can do to nod as she obviously sends out a text before putting her phone away again. The elevator arrives at the lobby then and we both step out.

"Nice meeting you." She looks down at my bag. "Sierra, I'm guessing?"

"Uh-huh," I mumble.

She extends a hand that I shake. "Dani. I'll see you at lunch!"

"Okay," I find myself saying to her already retreating back. Bizarre doesn't even begin to cover it.

________________________

A/N

Okay but why is it so like Sierra to befriend her enemy's conquest? I'm so amused right now. I love her.

How are we liking the whole enemies aspect by the way? I love their banter although there's obviously some underlying issues in there somewhere. It just makes the build-up that much more fun.

Please VOTE, comment and share if you liked this chapter!

Happy Reading :)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

94.8K 3.3K 38
Book #5 of the "Falling" book series Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #50 in Romance 2024 #69 in Enemies 2024 #83 in Rivals 2023 #17 in Graphic 2023 #1...
297 2 15
Maddison's life as a 22 year old, conquering New York, is the most ideal life you could see in a magazine. Possibly even mistaken her for a runway mo...
401K 18.5K 136
"Why are you doing that!" she whisper-screams while her eyes flit to the other guys, who are now immersed in something else that isn't us. I kiss th...
364K 10.5K 60
~Mature content~ "What the hell did you do to me?" His growl sends a shiver down my spine. The room suddenly becomes so much smaller as I fight a lo...