A Little Help from a Snake...

By onyxjay

(Aka the Tomalongadingdong™ fic) It was a normal day for Harry. He woke up, made breakfast for his relatives... More

Before You Read
0: Prologue
1: The Letter*
2: And They Were Soulmates*
3: All Aboard!*
4: Getting Sorted Out
5: Severus Snape
Part 6*
7: Dobby
8: Train Has Left the Station*
9: Ripping and Tearing is Kinky
10: The Legendary Chamber*
11: Lockhart is Still Alive
12: Diary of a Teenage Voldemort
13: Thnks fr th Mmrs*
14: The Nicknames Begin*
15: The "Rescue"*
16: Going Down Like a Lead Balloon
17: A Grim Tale
18: Diagon Alley*
19: Lone Wolf*
20: This Is What You Came For, Isn't It?
21: Mapped Out
22: Monster in the Wardobe
23: Snape Adopts a Teenage Dark Lord
24: Tiny Blond Fucker
25: The Man Who Cried Werewolf*
Part 26*
Part 27
28: Dun Dun Dun!
Part 29*
Part 30*
Part 31
Part 32*
33: Harry the Heinous*
34: A Serious Discussion About Gas
35: Finally Fourteen
36: Something of a Riddle
Part 37
38: Raining on One's Parade
Part 39
Part 40
41: Cliffhanger in Part 40
42: Can I Get a Fuck No!
43: Calmly™
Part 44
45: The Skrewts Started the Fire
Part 46
47: Sixteen Going on Seventeen
Part 48
49: Caught Six-Legged
50: Snape, Snape, Swearverus Snape
Part 51
Part 52
53: Baby, It's Cold Outside*
Part 54
Part 55
56: The Lion, the Witch, the Audacity of This Bitch
Part 57
Part 58
(Somewhat) Updated Reading Checkpoint
59: Caught Pink-Handed!
Part 60
61: Spring Has Arrived
Part 62*
Part 63
64: Back Home
65: Ding Dong! Tomalonga is Back!
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
69: The Party for the Bonding Ceremony
70: The Actual Bonding Ceremony
71: The Aftermath of the Bonding Ceremony
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Epilogue
Thank You! (Again)

Part 72

13.7K 549 417
By onyxjay

Reposted: February 14, 2022

Last edited: February 14, 2022 (just added a few lines for clarification)

——————————

Also, that Slytherin!Harry fic I mentioned in the previous chapter has been posted. Its current title (because it still may change) is A Trio of Serpents.

Summary: Sixth year proves to be full of surprises.

September faded into October. Then November. December brought a blizzard that covered the ground in a thick blanket of white.

"It's been two years," Remus muttered.

Harry lifted his head from the book he was reading. "Two years since what?"

Remus was gazing out the window. "Since Sev called me an insufferable wolf."

"You're still hung up on that?"

"Yes. Because I still can't think of a good retort."

"Which is strange because you were the mastermind behind a lot of the pranks you Marauders pulled."

Remus groaned and faceplanted onto the assignments he was looking over.

"Snogging the parchment again?"

Severus' voice had Remus' head shooting upward again. "No." One of the essays had slid off his desk in the abrupt movement and he stooped to catch it.

Severus chuckled quietly. "Here." He handed him butterbeer. "Thought you'd like some."

"Thanks." Remus took a few gulps. "Hey, Harry, did I ever tell you about the time Sirius dumped salt in James' butterbeer?"

"No, why in the world did he do that?"

"Because James gave him a bag of dog treats for Christmas."

Harry snorted. "Of course he did. Did he drink it?"

"Yes. All while staring Sirius right in the eye." Remus finished looking over one essay and turned to another. "He gagged a few times, but he didn't back down."

"I wouldn't either if someone put salt in my drink." He turned back to the book in his hands, only to nearly have a heart attack when Remus suddenly yelled, "Butt trumpet!"

Severus actually squeaked, though he'd deny it for all of eternity. "What?"

"You're a butt trumpet," Remus said, pointing at him.

Harry blinked several times. "That's your revenge for insufferable wolf?" he said.

"Yes." Two pairs of eyes stared at him in disbelief. "Fuck off, it was awesome." Remus disappeared behind his desk, taking the stack of parchments and his quill with him.

Severus and Harry exchanged a look. What the hell?

"Hang on, did you just —?"

"Don't even finish that sentence."

"You did!" Harry looked absolutely delighted. "You actually squeaked!"

Severus promptly stomped over to Remus' desk and ducked underneath.

"Hi, Sevvie!" Remus chirped.

"Shut up and snog some parchment."

The cold weather lasted throughout the rest of December. It was around this time when Sirius, Remus, and Severus officially bonded. But unlike Harry and Tom, they didn't have a party involving half the wizarding world. It was private, with only those closest to them there to celebrate. Probably a good thing, too, because Severus became drunk and rather un-Severus-like, refusing to let Remus and Sirius out of his sight and glaring at Lucius when he tried to speak to them.

Upon returning to Hogwarts, some students noticed something different about Severus and Remus, but they had no clue what it could be. At least not until Hagrid burst into tears and congratulated them and Sirius in front of the entire school. With all eyes on them now, Remus slid down in his chair until only the top of his head was showing. Severus looked like he wanted to follow suit.

People began heading for their classes. It took several minutes for Severus to get Remus moving and by then, only a few students remained.

Hagrid stopped them as they reached the entrance. "Sorry for making a scene back there."

"They were bound to find out eventually," Severus pointed out.

"Yeah, it's not a big deal," Remus added.

It was a slightly bigger deal when Hagrid, beaming, clapped Severus on the shoulder, making him fall face first into the wall. Remus pulled him off and dragged him away as Hagrid apologized profusely behind them.

Harry, who had witnessed the entire thing, could only sigh and roll his eyes.

A very proud Sirius was seen swaggering through the corridor on more than one occasion after that. "Off to visit my wonderful mates," he'd announce to no one in particular. And then, if he met either Remus or Severus in the corridor, he would fling himself at them and nuzzle his head against theirs while they tried to pry him off.

"That man is ruining my reputation," Severus grumbled during a staff meeting after one particular visit in which Sirius actually jumped on his back.

"Oh, Sevvie," Remus said, placing a hand on his shoulder, "it was ruined the minute you joined the anti-Dumbles team."

"The anti-Dumbles team?" Sprout repeated, exchanging a baffled look with Sinistra.

"Harry's the one who named it that, ask him," Severus said, rubbing his eyes.

So she did, stopping him in the corridor the next time she saw him.

"Severus told me you came up with the anti-Dumbles team, is that correct?"

"Yep. Why?" He gave her a sweet little smile.

A smile that made him look very much like James when he denied knowing why Sirius' hair had suddenly become lime green. "Just checking."

Harry shrugged. "Not as bad as Albus Severus Potter."

Sprout coughed. "I'm sorry?"

"Nothing. Bye!" Harry ran away.

Sprout stared after him for a long moment. "Albus Severus...?" Maybe she should reconsider McGonagall's offer of retirement.

Tom made another visit to Hogwarts during Easter holiday. He and Harry spent the morning out by the lake, talking about nothing of great importance.

"I stopped by the twins' shop yesterday," Tom said.

"Oh? How are they faring?"

"As well as they can be given the circumstances. They stopped selling this powder that creates darkness, but they still have some stored in the back."

"Well, I suppose they don't want to let it go to waste," Harry said, watching the surface of the lake ripple with the breeze.

"George kept asking me about Remus, Sirius, and Severus. 'So is it Professor Lupin-Snape-Black? Snape-Lupin-Black?' Or something like that."

Harry snorted. "And what did you tell them?"

"What do you think?" Tom said. "Said they go by Smith now. I'm pretty sure they were writing a letter when I was leaving."

"Sirius Orion Smith, Remus John Smith, and Severus Tobias Smith. Beautiful. Much better than Albus Severus Potter."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Nothing," said Harry quickly. "Let's go back inside. It's getting warmer." He jumped up and hurried toward the castle.

Tom slowly followed. "Albus Severus...?"

They had both just made it inside when Remus came walking over with a parchment in his hand.

"Is there a reason Fred and George addressed me as Remus Smith?"

"No, and I definitely didn't give them the idea," Tom replied. "Harry, let's eat. I'm hungry."

They brushed past a very confused Remus and into the Great Hall.

Several people turned to watch, but Tom didn't pay them any attention as he and Harry sat down at the Slytherin table and began piling their plates.

"I said it before and I'll say it again," said Tom, looking around the Great Hall, "this is weird. Nothing's changed really. Not even the food."

"They made the exact same stuff that long ago?" Pansy said.

"Pretty much, yeah." Tom dipped his fork in mashed potatoes and inspected it. "Although I will say this has a slightly thicker consistency if I remember correctly. Then again, it's been a while. My memory's not that good."

"For all you know, you ate ten carrots for breakfast and nothing else," Harry said.

"You know I hate carrots, Harry."

"How can you be so sure, Tommy? It's been a while. Your memory's not that good."

Tom's groan was loud enough to be heard from China.

"I am so done with you for the day."

"Aw, come on, dildo lover —"

Another groan.

"— Tommy-boy —"

Groan.

"— Something —"

Sigh.

"You can stop teasing him," Draco said.

"Okay, fine." A pause. "Tiny blonde fucker."

Silence. Then, "Tom, you're on your own."

"Rob Tiddle."

Tom closed his eyes.

"Ginny?"

Another groan — wait, that wasn't a nickname. Tom looked to see Ginny there, her expression one of concern.

"Is something wrong?" Tom asked.

"Luna's having a vision. I think you should come see."

"Tell us about it later, okay, Har?" Draco said.

"Yeah. See you later." Harry and Tom followed Ginny into an empty classroom.

Albus Dumbledore listened as the guard came in, bringing the bland food the prisoners were forced to eat if they wanted to live. Often times, the food was left untouched.

The guard unlocked the cell door and shoved the bowl through before closing it immediately.

He was so preoccupied with ensuring Dumbledore was still in his cell in front of him he didn't notice the figure looming behind him.

There was nothing for a few seconds, then the thud of a body and the opening of the door again.

"You better make good on your promise, Albus," the figure snarled, tossing him the guard's wand.

"I said I would leave Lupin to you, Igor," Dumbledore snapped, "and I will." He gave the wand an experimental swish. It was rather unfortunate Harry had his other wand. This one didn't work as well, but he didn't have many options.

"Good." Karkaroff stepped back as Dumbledore staggered out of his cell. "Let's get out of here. This place gives me the creeps."

Dumbledore paused, looking at the huddled mass in another cell. "Give me a minute. Peter!" he called in a low voice.

Pettigrew's eyes cracked open a slit, then flew open in shock. "Albus? You're out!"

"Come with me. You can finally exact your revenge on your... friends."

Pettigrew stared at him uncertainly for a moment.

"Hurry up!" Karkaroff snapped. The longer they lingered, the slimmer their chance of escape.

The rat Animagus started and scrambled to his feet. "I'm coming," he said.

The three quickly made their way out, and just in time too, for barely ten minutes later, another guard came walking in to see why his companion hadn't come back yet. Only to freeze as he found two cell doors open and a body lying ominously still between them.

Miles away, Luna's eyes opened slowly. "He's out," she said. "And I don't think he's alone. There was at least one other person with him."

"Oh, Merlin," Harry muttered, sinking into the nearest chair. Tom put his arms around him.

Luna's eyes were bleak. "But you'll come through. Both of you. I know you will."

Tom's grip tightened on Harry. He hoped she was right.

(Not so) fun fact: at one point, I did write it so Dumbledore escaped when he was being led away after his trial. Then it became this.

What did you think? Too abrupt? Of Karkaroff's appearance? Pettigrew going along? (He tends to drop out of fics once third year is over with, but I have plans for him.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 48.9K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
46K 1.8K 36
!! Currently Editing!! After event of 2012's Avengers ,loki was send Asgard with thor , After 2 year something happens in Asgard ,that why Loki send...
256K 7.2K 33
(y/n) was on a camping trip, her parents' marriage about over with, when she sees a man or...demon in the woods. What did she manage to get herself i...
693K 17.6K 49
"No, please just hear me out hon" She is still sobbing. I'm trying my best not to give up on her or atleast not to wiped her tears I hate seeing you...