Avengers: Liberation

By heartofthesouth

Sequel to Avengers: Damnation. Liberty Davis has been away from the Avengers for six years, trying to come to... More

Chapter 1- Her Bare Skin
Chapter 2- Heart Breaking Cry
Chapter 3- Wet Pavement
Chapter 4- Bruce Banner
Chapter 5- Seeped Through
Chapter 6- New Home
Chapter 7- She Tore My Mind Apart
Chapter 8- Trying To Save My Mind
Chapter 9- The Stars And The Moon
Chapter 10- Welcomed The Unwelcome
Chapter 11- Part Of Me
Chapter 12- Returning to New York
Chapter 13- Sharing With Him
Chapter 14- Vulnerability
Chapter 15- Catch Me
Chapter 16- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 1
Chapter 17- Guilt Ridden Spy
Chapter 18- The Man Safe From Danger
Chapter 19- All Too Familiar Black Spots
Chapter 20- Keep All This Pain Away
Chapter 22- America's Patriotic Hero
Chapter 23- Edge Of The World
Chapter 24- A Kiss Plain And Simple
Chapter 25- Taking Over
Chapter 26- Unable To See
Chapter 27- Here At MIdnight
Chapter 28- Complicated Woman
Chapter 29- Barely A Word Spoken
Chapter 30- My Answer Was No
Chapter 31- Closer and Closer
Chapter 32- Violent Red Sky
Chapter 33- The Bleeding
Chapter 34- Valkyrie
Chapter 35- Bare
Chapter 36- What We Were
Chapter 37- I Think It's Just Optimism
Chapter 38- Undisclosed Scars
Chapter 39- Truly Forgiven
Chapter 40- The Arms Of Logan Howlett
Chapter 41- Doctor Strange
Chapter 42- Hydra
Chapter 43- Broken Street
Chapter 44- The Return

Chapter 21- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 2

121 4 3
By heartofthesouth

As soon as our lips touched he was pushed deep into the darkest corners of my mind festering and rotting with the memories I didn’t want to see or revisit. I felt his mind watch the memories carefully, he watched as they took me to the facility in a body bag, he winced as he watched them cut me open and exposed me, filling my vision with black spots. He watched as I awoke from my own autopsy blind in one eye, and with a failing heart as I was mocked by Baron Von Strucker, but in away praised as my own body was certainly keeping me very much alive.

Logan ventured deep into the suppressed memories digging up the experiments that they had conducted on me whom I purposefully forgot, but no matter what, they were still there in the back of my mind. The first experiment he saw called, “der menschliche Tesla-Spule Experiment.” The human tesla coil experiment.

 I watched with Logan as guards pinned my body as a small man dressed in a white lab coat injected me with a concentrated does of trichloroethylene, this does would be deadly to any ordinary mutant or human if they did not poses a healing abilities, but even with my healing abilities the toxin quickly caused my body to become lethargic.

I was still awake but I no longer possessed control over my body as they clasped my hands and ankles in copper shackles which were bolted to two tesla coils. I watched as my body was subjected to electric shocks each increasing the currents, I watched as my body tried to absorb all of the electrical current that was supplied but, soon burns began to appear on my skin and blood began to trail from my mouth and nose as my internal organs could no longer cope with the high amount of currents soon, soon enough my heart flat lined. My convulsing body ceased as I hung there in shackles, limp, a cadaver for further experiments while I was technically dead.

I could feel the kiss deepen in reality as I was fixated on watched my memories play behind my eyes.

Soon it showed me sitting in a large mess hall. It was one of the few places I saw someone other than scientists and Baron Van Strucker. I sat down on a table next to mutants only two years older than me named Connor Broker. His power was telepathy but could easily be blocked by Adamantium plating; he was one of the few who survived to the very end. At this time I was covered in dark and bleeding bruises from a forced fight between other mutants. He had been there since the beginning, he had witnessed and been a part of the brutal mutant’s fights, it was to see who was more adept, and apparently I was. They shot the looser, that had happened to me three times previous, but I was Baron Von Strucker’s project so I was just thrown back into my room until I woke up again.

I sat there and talked to Connor, who believed like me that we could get out of here, but from what we had seen, it was almost impossible. His powers were limited, and the problem with that was that all the hydra agents had Adamantium plated helmets. Suddenly the memory flipped, I watched as Connor pressed his lips against mine, as we were about to enter the fighting ring together. I needed to die again; I needed to make sure he stayed alive.

“Just forget who I am to you and win.” I kissed his lips chastely before I entered the white bleach arena. I stood there my knuckles wrapped in boxing tape, Connor walked into the ring with eyes filled with anger, his hand clenched into fists. I really was ready for this. His fist slammed into the soft skin of my cheek tearing it and splattering blood across the tiled floor of the arena. I spat out a tooth as Connor ran towards me again, I didn’t fight back I just let him punch me, kick me, make me into a bloody pulp. The fight was brutal but it meant I had saved him. I looked up out of my swollen eye to see Baron Von Strucker, aim the gun at my head, I can remember the sound of the shot, and I think I saw dead before it entered my skull.

I had been shot in the head well over thirty times. It was nearing a year since I had been kidnapped. Months before hand Bran Von Strucker had withdrew any experiments to be performed on me, and he no longer allowed me to reform in the fights, as he began to see that I was protecting other mutants stopping him from seeing any with true potential.

 I sat there on my cot bed staring at the hole in my wall from where I punched it. I looked down at my hand remembering my mangled knuckles, the bones jutting out at awkward angles and the torn away skin still embedded in the wall. I remember vaguely that I was shot in the head for that, just because, Baron Van Strucker wanted to shoot me. I shook my head as the hatch where solider would peak through to hopefully see me in the nude, opened to reveal the beady eyes of Baron Von Strucker.

“Mein Fraulein, you will be dining with me tonight.” He pulled his eyes away from the hatch and pushed through a large piece of black silk. I didn’t get up off the bed to get the piece of clothing.

“Where that dress, two soldiers will escort you to my quarters tonight, until then Fraulein.” His gruesome smirked echoed through his eyes as he closed the hatch. I leapt up from the bed and grabbed the piece of silk and held it up against my body to see it was a floor length silk dress. I threw the offending material away from my body, and slumped against one of the four concrete walls surrounding me, and pushed my face into my hands and took in a deep breath.

Time sped up as I looked down at the hours of me sitting down on the floor turn into seconds, as now I saw myself pull up the silk straps of my dress, and watch it cling to my body. It’s swept the floor, as I spun around welcoming the unwanted gaze of a hydra guard.

“Baron Von Strucker will see you now.” I nodded and stepped out from my cell, my feet bare as I padded across the concrete floor with muzzle of a gun stabbing into my silk clad back for good measure. I walked past cells which contained mutants which all gazed at me with confusion, each of then spoke out mentally.

“Where is she going?”

“Why is she wearing that dress?”

“Is she getting out of here?” but only one mental voice spoke directly to me.

“Liberty what’s going on?” I looked out of the corner of my eyes to see Connor peering through the hatch in his door. I pulled my eyes away and contiued to look forward.

“Baron Von Strucker has requested my presence.” I told him all I knew, I didn’t know what would happen to me, and I didn’t know if I would ever see Connor again.

“Stay safe Liberty.” His words of reassurance made my heart swell slightly as he had read my worried thoughts, and in a bid to stop them, he gave me hope.

Soon there I saw sitting at the other end of the table facing Baron Von Strucker. He ate heartily as I just sat there staring at the food in front of me. I pushed away my plate causing Baron Von Strucker to finally remove his attention from his food.

“Why are you not eating Mein Fraulein, surely you are hungry?” I looked away from him and at the guard to my left pointing a gun directly at my head; I looked to my right to see another guard mirroring the other guard.

“I’ve lost my appetite.” I stated as I heard the guard behind me shift with his gun in hand. Baron Von Strucker chuckled, and placed his knife and fork down on the wooden dining table. Baron Von Strucker’s beady eyes looked at me over his metal framed glasses as he clasped his hands together underneath his chin.

“Fine then Mein Fraulein, if you wish to get down to formalities we will.” The guards either side of him pulled away his plate and walked over to me and took mine. Baron Von Strucker raised his glass of wine causing the dark liquid to shade of red as it was revealed to the dim light. He swirled it in the glass then drank some. He red stain of the wine lingered on his lips. His serpent like tongue lapped up the wine from his lips, making me feel ill as he smiled.

“Bringen den Stein.” Bring out the stone; he said he kept full eye contact with me. A guard to his right vanished from sight only to return with a dark gun mental box in his leather gloved hands he placed the box in front of Baron von Strucker. He stood up from his chair and placed his hands either side of the box lid and gently lifted it open to reveal and pulsating glow emanating from a bright red stone sat comfortable in the velvet lined metal box.

Baron Von Strucker opened up his palm causing a guard to place a pair of metal tongues into his grasp. He gently lifted up the red gem in the metal tongues and admired it.

“It’s it beautiful Mein Fraulein? Much like you, don’t you think? It has other similar traits shared with you, like how it cannot be destroyed, and the only thing it causes is destruction.” Suddenly bloody visions flipped my mental vision showing me spitting out a chunk of flesh from a hydra Agent that had failed to pin me down. My mouth and cheeks were covered in blood and marred bits of blood tissue, and then the vision was shadowed by one of my many winning fights. My fists smashed into another mutant ribs, his power was to turn his skin into a thick layer of metal, but that didn’t stop me, my fists broke through his metallic exoskeleton, my nails hooked underneath the skin and pulled it away from his body revealing muscle and blood tissue to the audience of hydra agents.

I desperately tried to stop the vision, but Logan would let me, he just deepened the kiss in reality making me focus on Baron Von Strucker.

Baron Von Strucker now stood in front of me with the red glowing stone. I felt the muzzle of a gun press into the back of my head. Here we go again.

“You see Liberty, we had tested this stone on many mutants and hydra agents.” Suddenly he moved away from me and moved to the guard at my left.

“Place out your hand soldier.” The hydra agent took out a shaky gloveless hand; Baron Von Strucker grasped his wrist steadying his hand, and dropped the stone into the palm of the Hydra agent’s hand. Baron Von Strucker quickly removed his own hand and watched as the stone soldered itself to the man’s skin from there cracks formed through his skin revealing a pulsating red glow underneath, suddenly his muscles began to grow disproportionate to his body, soon thick flakes of ash pulled away from his skin, he screamed out in pain as he fell to the ground causing his legs to disperse into ash, his screams grew louder and louder until the rest of his body crumbled into ash.

“You see nothing but destruction. But we found out that the Gods that the Red Skull favored so much were apparently able to wield this stone.” Suddenly an arm was wrapped around my throat, forcing my head back against the chair, my hands clawed at the leather covered arm to no avail. Baron Von Strucker smirked maliciously down at me, as he picked up the stone from the pile of ash and walked towards me. I kicked out hoping he would stay away, suddenly he pulled out a black military pistol, and quickly shot twice.

I screamed out as my legs could no longer kick out as the bullets slammed into my knees caps. I was helpless.

“If you cannot wield this Liberty, there is no loss to us; it will just destroy you like the rest of them.” I continued to struggle up until the last second as he dropped the stone into the palm of my hand. I screamed out as I saw the stone solder itself into the skin of the palm of my hand, I watched as cracks appeared in my skin revealing red pulsating light.

I was going to die; I was really going to die.

I stopped screamed and just closed my eyes, trying to force the pain out of my mind. Then something miraculous happened.

My eyes snapped open to reveal a red tint to everything. Baron Von Strucker began to cautiously step away from me. As I felt my legs heal faster than ever before, I pushed up off the ground and flipped myself over the chair twisting the hydra agents arm in the process. I looked around me through the red tint to see the Baron push Hydra agents in front of him, hey brought their guns up to fire only allowing me enough time to splay out my hands out in front of me. As the trigger was pulled each of the bullets flew backwards and into the gun men.

The shot itself was not deadly but the incendiary bullets by themselves are. I watched as the Soldiers began to burn up inside and collapse to the ground writhing in agony. I stepped forward only to quickly have a gun quickly drawn to my head, Baron Von Strucker stood there bullet in chamber and finger twitching ready to shoot. Then it happened, the click, I darted quickly away from the bullet, it catching my ear as it exploded from the chamber. I kicked in his left knees cap causing a sickening crack, while I still clutched the gem stone tightly in my fist.

Baron Von Strucker growled out and struck me across the face with his gun. I was taken aback, wide eyes and shocked he kicked his leather booted foot into my stomach throwing me across the room. I kicked off the concrete wall, and slammed straight back into him. I grabbed his hand holding the gun and twisted his wrist dropping the pistol. He kneed up into my rib cage, but right now pain meant nothing to me. I felt my powers swirl around me and soon the handle of my katana sat snugly in my right hand. I flipped the katana so that the blade sat flat in my hand. I swung slammed the butt of the handle into his other knee causing him to collapse to fall to one knee. He tried to get up, but before he could even raise himself, I flipped the katana in my hand, blade pointed at his chest.

He chuckled deeply as he kneeled there, a proud smirk on his thin lips.

“You are no killer Liberty.” I nodded and pressed the tip of the blade into his leather jacket slicing through the material. I could feel his pulse through the metal of the katana.

“But you are.” His didn’t even blink as I plunged the blade in through his chest. I felt the blade cleanly slice through bone and hard tissue and exit out the other side of the chest cavity into the cold air. I heard the heavy drips of his blood drop off the edge of my blade.

“I underestimated you Mein Fraulein.” He choked out with that ugly and sinister smirk still on his lips. A thin trail of blood slid out from the corner of his mouth, as his smirk broadened.

“You are a killer Liberty; you are destruction and evil, just like Loki.” I tugged back the hand twisted the katana sideways. Causing the Baron to choke out in pain as I pulled the blade out from him. a hole lay in his chest peering out to the other side of the room.

His other knee dropped to the ground, and his head lulled forward. Soon sirens poured into the atmosphere as the heavy footsteps pounded the concrete ground.

I looked down at the lifeless body of the Baron. I rested my katana blade flat on his shoulder and wiped the blood off it.

Maybe he was right, I am a killer, I am destruction, I am evil and I am just like Loki.

The silk dress I once wore no morphed into my silver and bronze armor, as I walked away from the Baron’s dead body and out to meet hydra. Each man fell like rain as there blood purged the walls, bullets hailed and tore through my skin as I unlocked each door releasing every mutant I could. Most ran away, hoping to avoid the conflict only to be slaughtered by hydra, but some stayed and fought with me against them. Connor was brutal; mind control was useful making the agents fight each other in a brutal and bloody battle leaving both dead, in whatever outcome.

My body was covered in their blood as we ran out into the rain hoping and struggling to get away. I watched as the cracks in my arms receded as the pulsating glow dimmed causing the gem in my hand to unsolder itself from my skin, becoming dull and lifeless, useless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.5K 2.8K 60
AGE OF DARKNESS Book Two Sequel To Age of Glory · ~ · ~ · ~ · ~ · Tony Stark sighs. "You're not going with me on this, are you, Cap?" Steve Rogers si...
119 21 21
Sequel to the Guard and the Prince. Nyx stays behind on Earth. Phil vouches for her and takes her under his wing. She gets a new identity, as his dau...
662 30 34
Viktoriya has just got her friend back after 70 years without him, when Earth is threatened by an extraterrestrial enemy, can she help unite Earth's...
78.2K 1.3K 44
From the time she can remember she was trained, beaten, and worked to the breaking point. But when an unknown group saves her and the winter soldier...