Trolls: Music In Life

By Rally9933

After the events of Trolls World Tour, all tribes of Trolls lived in harmony once again. But not all of them... More

Prologue
A Mysterious Troll
Try The Music
Pop (Pop Village)
K-Pop
Funk (Vibe City)
Hip-Hop
Country (Lonesome Flats)
Yodeling
Rock (Volcano Rock City)
Smooth Jazz, sort of
Classical (Symphonyville)
Reggaeton
Techno (Techno Reef)
Lost (Day 1)
Lost (Day 2)
Lost (Day 3)
Lost (Day 4) & Found
Aggie's "True Colors"
The Master Of All Music
I Can
Epilogue
Question

We Can't Help You

1.1K 13 4
By Rally9933

Essence and Trollex were sitting at the waiting area outside the Emergence Room. When Aggie was sent to the Emergency Room, a nurse managed to clean and re-bandaged Trollex's wound on his tail. He couldn't stay in hos own patient's room as he was worried about Aggie more than himself. Essence patted Trollex's back to comfort her, assuring him that Aggie is going to be fine.

"Trollex!"

Just then, Quincy approached them with Poppy, Branch, Barb, Delta, Trollzart, and Beat in tow as they carried a bunch of books, which they don't have time to unpack when they were brought to Vibe City.

Beat was so happy to see his best friend again after being separated for 4 days as he charge forward, and nuzzled Trollex's cheek with his own.

"It's great to see you again too, little buddy," Trollex hugged the little Beat Drop Button fish.

Then, Beat noticed the bandage around Trollex's tail, "Trollex, what happened to you?"

"Oh, it's nothing, Beat. It's just a minor injury. I'll be fine," Trollex reassured.

"Just don't ever scare me like that again!"

"Don't worry, I won't."

"Good thin' King Quincy fetched us up when we got Poppy's letter," Delta said.

"He told us everything. We're glad that you two are safe," Trollzart added in relief.

"Is Aggie alright?" Barb asked.

"She's in the Emergency Room. We don't know the results yet," Essence replied.

"I can't believe Aggie got bitten by a tarantacapuff," Branch said in disbelief as a memory of his encounter with tarantacapuff returned to him, "Poppy almost got eaten when she journeyed to Bergen Town to save our friends. Luckily, I was there to save her,"

"How could Aggie got bitten so easily?" Poppy inquired

"IT's MY FAULT, OKAY?!" Trollex shouted in quilt, much to everyone's shock. His eyes suddenly brimmed with tears, "She saved me life! She took that bite for me! I was supposed to be in that Emergency Room, not her!"

"Trollex, buddy, don't say that! Don't blame yourself. None of you could've known that would happened," Beat nuzzled a little closer to Trollex to comfort him from this blame.

As Trollex wiped his tears with his arm, and hugged Beat closer with his other arm, he noticed the books that his fellow leaders carried.

"What's with all the books?" he asked.

"Oh, we just found out the every library has a secret passageway containing information about the Magic Musical Trolls," Poppy explained excitingly.

"So they are real!" Trollex took one of the books from Poppy, and opened to read it.

"Duh. You still have doubts about their existence?" Barb guessed, observing Trollex's reaction.

"Come on, we all didn't know about the Magic Musical Trolls, until Aggie showed up," the King of Techno pointed.

The doctor stepped out of the Emergency room, looking tired, and out his face mask down on his chin.

"How is Aggie, Doc? Is she okay?" The Queen of Funk asked worriedly.

"We're able to treat the bite and the venom in her arm. She also has high fever before the tarantacapuff bite," the doctor explained.

Everyone was shock at this result...except for Trollex who witnessed the whole thing

"It's true. She has fever 2 days ago, and I took care of her just warm water," The King of Techno explained, "She's also too stubborn to admit it."

"Yeah, magick musical trolls easily got sick when thi feel orful cold. Thi wiren't completely immune to sickness until thi get their true colors," Delta remembered that part of the book she brought.

"Well, warm water is not enough. She needs to stay in the hospital until tomorrow for recovery. She'll be fine," said the doctor.

"Oh, thank you so much, doc," King Quincy sighed in relief and thankfully.

"No problem, Your Highness," the doctor bowed confidentially, "You can visit her anytime. She's awake now."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The nurses already sent Aggie to her own Patient's Room. She was resting on her bed with an arm sling around her injured arm.

Just then, the door opened as the leaders came in, happy to see her again

"Aggie!" They exclaimed happily.

"Hey guys!" Aggie greeted back, her voice was a little weak.

Poppy gave her a warm hug, Barb playfully ruffled her hair, and Trollzart patted her head.

"We're so glad you're okay!" Poppy said.

"How are you feeling?" Trollzart inquired in concern.

"Oh, just a little headache, but I'm a little better," Aggie replied.

"You're a one brave troll, Aggie!" Barb chuckled, "I never thought you would save a king like that."

Trollex hovered to the side of Aggie's bed, and showed his concerned face at her, "Aggie, you shouldn't have done that."

"I have too. You're the King of the Techno Trolls. You're too important," the Magic Musical Troll told him.

"No. You're still a kid, Aggie. You shouldn't made sacrifices like that. Besides, you're too important... to me." The Techno Troll placed a hand over Aggie's hand.

Aggie blushed a little when Trollex admitted she's important to him as he blushed as well. He doesn't know what he was saying, but it's true. He didn't ever realize his voice was a little loud for the other leaders to hear what he told Aggie, and it's noticeable Trollex touched Aggie's hand like that as they smiled at each other.

Barb was the one who spoke first when she noticed this moment as she cooed and nudged her elbow at Trollex, "Oooooohhhhhhh, what happened to the two of you these couple of days?"

Trollex quickly yanked his hand from Aggie's, "Nothing! Nothing happened. We just bonded... as very good friends. Right, Agz?"

"Yeah. Good friends," Aggie grinned nervously as she doesn't want anyone to think she and Trollex have sort of a thing.

"Okay then. I won't bother you if you two are just friends," Barb said sarcastically as she whispered to the two, "If something did happened to the two of you, I will find out for sure. I will!" She pulled herself away as she stared at Trollex and Aggie sharply, wanting to keep an eye on them.

Essence then cleared her throat as it's her turn to speak, "Aggie, the doctor said you have to stay in the hospital until tomorrow, so you need to rest."

Aggie nodded without protesting, "I guess so. I hadn't sleep well for a couple of days."

Trollex comforted the gray troll as he combed her hair with his fingers.

"Aww, that's so sweet!"

A voice came from the door as the leaders, Aggie and Beat startled as they saw Cloud Guy slouching at the door.

"Cloud Guy?! How did you get in here?!" Poppy asked.

"A cloud has secrets. I can't tell," Cloud Guy chuckled, gesturing of zipping his lips.

"What do you want, Cloud Guy?" Branch groaned in annoyance as he doesn't want to be in the same room with the cloud.

"Oh, just checking on our new friend here. And I should've helped you two out when I had the chance," Cloud Guy said.

"What are you talking about?" questioned Aggie.

"Oh, boy. Alright, listen, when I heard you two have gone missing, I know this is urgent for the rest of you guys, so...." The cloud paused for a bit before letting out a giggle as he found his actions a little funny, "My wife, kids and I made our own Search Party, and we clouds are too easy to see missing people from high above."

"You said you haven't seen Trollex and Aggie since they went missing," Poppy recalled what the cloud said.

"I did, I did, but I actually found them after the twister blew them away, and I also saw something between them, so I keep them occupied for a little while before I can report to you guys that I already found them," Cloud Guy grinned nervously.

The room was in silent as the leaders stared at the cloud. He found Trollex and Aggie all along since the first day they got lost, nut didn't report to the other leaders immediately.

"So, you lied to us," Branch glared at him.

Trollex also felt the anger inside of him as he shouted, "You already found us since day one, but you never thought of rescuing us! You let us put ourselves in danger! For what?!"

"Maybe I think I know what," Beat guessed, thinking he might be right, "He was just trying to make you and Aggie closer and confess your feelings for each other."

"I wouldn't put that way," Cloud Guy said.

"I WOULD!" Aggie snapped, "I am offended. I am angry. I am very tired, so I'm gonna go to sleep. But when I wake up..., you are IN for it!"

"You know what? I'm going to sleep as well... on the couch... because I'm also angry and tired. But when I wake up too, you are really IN for it!" Trollex added.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 hours later

Cloud Guy was drinking at the drinking fountain while waiting for Trollex and Aggie to wake up. But it's 4 hours, so that's pretty late enough to discuss about his actions, "I'm pretty sure they forgot all about it," he said to himself.

Suddenly, a sharp stick was thrown above him. Luckily, he was missed when the stick crashed into the wall.

"Not so fast!" Branch shouted after he threw the stick at Cloud Guy.

"Do ya really think this here is over?" Delta scoffed with her hands resting on her hips.

The other leaders moved aside as Poppy pushed Aggie on a wheelchair, still having her injured arm in a sling, and Trollex hovered beside her.

"How dare you?!" Aggie growled in anger.

"Oh, come on. I was just trying to help," Cloud Guy explained with a mix of a little laughter.

"Wow, your help feels an awful lot like love forcing, so do us a favor and don't EVER help us like this again!" Trollex yelled.

"Wow, well, you didn't seem to mind me helping you when I made you realize you two actually love each other."

"We didn't ask you to do that!"

"Because of you, I almost died!" Aggie showed her arm with a sling.

"But you're not, right?" Cloud Guy grinned.

"That's it! Let's kick him out!" Branch suggested as he and the leaders, except Poppy and Essence since they don't want to do something violent, charged slowly at Cloud Guy

"Whoa, whoa, come on. Can we just settle this in a lovely fancy dinner?" the cloud backed away with a smile on his face.

Cloud Guy ran out of the hospital when sharp sticks were thrown at him.

"Ugh! that there nerve ov that there cloud," Delta scoffed as she stomped on of her legs on the floor.

"I know I just got up, but I have to get back to bed," Aggie pleaded as she felt a little headache after she got her anger out on Cloud Guy.

"Of course, Aggie," Poppy turned the wheelchair and pushed Aggie back to her room, and the others followed them.

"Don't worry, Aggie, I'll go back to the castle and cook you some soup. It'll cure your fever completely and fast." Essence said calmly.

"Your Majesty, please, you don't have to do that." Aggie hesitated as she transferred to her bed.

"It's okay. You know, our little Darnell was also sick as you are, and my soup cured him. So, just let me cure you too."

"Okay, Aunt Essence."

Essence gave Aggie a kiss on the forehead before moving out of the room.

"We'll come back when the soup is ready," Quincy told the other before following his wife, volunteering to help Essence making the soup back in the castle.

When the King and Queen of Funk left, everyone still remembered what Cloud Guy said about Trollex and Aggie when he decided not rescue them just to test their feelings towards each other.

"Ha! I knew something happened between you two," Barb exclaimed in triumph. Her suspicions were correct.

"That was nothing, Barb. Really. That cloud was just messing with us," Trollex grinned nervously in denial.

"Yeah, nothing happened between us," Aggie added, also smiling nervously.

"Okay, we believe you... for now," Trollzart snickered, then cleared his throat, whispering to the King of Techno, "Look, Trollex, if you have time, we need to talk about what we found about the Magic Musical Trolls outside. Aggie needs to be alone to rest."

"Alright, Trollzart, I'll catch up," Trollex nodded as the other leaders went out of the room to have a secret meeting where Aggie won't listen. Trollex looked back at Aggie, and placed his hand on hers, "Don't worry, Aggie. Just get better soon."

"I will," Aggie nodded and smiled as she's ready to go back to sleep.

Trollex hovered towards the door, and before he got out, he turned to the gray troll, "Aggie," She got his attention, "Thanks... for saving my life."

"You're welcome," The Magic Musical Troll nodded in respond.

Trollex closed the door slowly as he sighed. He owed his life to Aggie. He would never forget that. Then, he turned to his fellow leaders, "So, what do you guys want to talk about?"

Poppy started to explain as she opened the same book that Branch read to her before they left Pop Village, "Trollex, before you and Aggie were found, Branch and I found an information of a Magic Musical Troll about choosing music to earn their True Colors,"

"Remember what Aggie said that something bad was going to happen if a troll played other music that their music of choice?" Branch recalled.

"Yeah," Trollex said.

"It says here that a Magic Musical Troll has to choose just one music. Not two, not three, not more, just one, and they have to choose wisely. When they do, they earn their True Colors with magical abilities, and they have to stick to the music they choose."

"What will happen if they play other music?"

Branch sighed sadly as he took the book from Poppy, and read, "From what I've read... they'll lose their True Colors, magical abilities, and music.... Permanently."

"What?!" Trollex snatched the book from Branch, and read it himself.

"It's true. We done tried ta fahnd mo-wr books ifin' this information was fuh-alse, but.... It's true," Delta said.

"And there's no way she has to choose more than one music. No Magic Musical Troll in the history choose more than one. It's impossible," Barb added when she read a book about choosing music of the Magic Musical Trolls.

Trollex couldn't believe this will be the consequence if Aggie choose one music, and might play other music as well. Everyone saw how Aggie played all music so well, she shouldn't have to choose one, but it's still part of her culture to choose just one music, and it's impossible to choose more than one music genre, "Oh no. We can't let that happen to Aggie. We can't make her choose just one music. She loves all music, and she's good at all of our music."

"Aggie's music in life can't be everything, right?" Poppy inquired.

"It may as well be. Ah don't know how we fahnd thuh music that feeyts in her life whe-yn she kay-yun do it all," Delta replied.

Trollzart sighed, "And if earning her True Colors seems impossible, we can just forget about the whole Magic-Musical-Troll-getting-her-True-Colors-without-choosing-one-music thing, which is actually impossible."

Trollex sighed in guilt. He made a promise to Aggie that he'll help her earn her True Colors and her music in life, but he can't let her lose her True Colors and music once she start choosing. He can't even let her choose just one when she can do all music, "I never should've gotten her hopes up! I never shouod've made a promise like that!"

"What are we going to tell Aggie?" Beat asked in concern.

"Maybe we should explain to her, but we can't tell her about the consequences we just found out. It'll broke her little heart even more if we admit we can't help her get her True Colors with deciding," Trollex suggested as his fellow leaders nodded in agreement.

"I hope she'll understand," Barb hoped as she shook her head down.

"Oh, and there's something that Aggie told me while we were gone," Trollex started to explain about Aggie's reason why she ran away from her home land in the first place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Quincy and Essence sent their UFO vehicle above Volcano Rock City, where they and their leaders set up their meeting with Aggie again, and this time, they have to be subtle since she was discharged from the hospital. She felt so well, and her arm recovered from the bite so she no longer needed the sling. She's healthy once again.

Quincy and Essence sent themselves and their guest down to Barb's fortress where the Meeting Room. The bubbles can only land them outside of the fortress, so they have to get in the hard way to get into the Meeting Room.

"Sorry for the mess. I can't believe we have to settle the meeting here instead back in Vibe City," Barb explained as she and her fellow leaders and Aggie made it to the Meeting Room.

Our Meeting Room wasn't ready yet, and we have to get Aggie out of the hospital before she can get sick again," Quincy replied.

"Well, since we're here. What are we going to talk about?" Aggie asked curiously.

"Umm... Aggie... it's about... you music in life," Poppy replied.

"Oh, yeah! I almost forgot about that! So, I did all of the music in the list! So, lay it on me, Your Leaderships. What's my music in life? And how do we get colors on this troll right here? I know nothing happened to me when I tried every music on the list, but I'm pretty sure you guys got an idea of how I earn my True Colors without deciding which music is the best for me."

None of the leaders knew where to start. They were too ashamed to tell Aggie the truth. She's definitely counting of them, but they have no idea how to help with this kind of situation. It would be too risky if they decide one music for Aggie because they don't want to lose her True Colors and music if she can play all music.

"Aggie, we... we don't," Trollzart said.

Aggie's face suddenly turned glum, "Wait. What are you saying?"

"We're sayin' that since ya kay-yun do everythin' so amazingly well..." Delta answered but she couldn't finish her sentence.

"We just can't figure out what one thing you're supposed to do," Essence added, feeling said and guilt for her new adoptive niece.

"Aggie..., we... we can't help you," Trollex confessed.

Aggie felt her heart shattered when all of the leaders admitted they can't help her with her problem. This made her brimming into tears. She thought they would help her, but she thought wrong, But, but... you're the world-famous leaders of all trolls! And... you promised you'll help me! I can't believe it! I... I... I won't believe it!"

Aggie rushed out of the meeting room in tearful denial, and her cried can be heard through the halls.

"Aggie, wait!" Branch screamed pleadingly.

"Come back!" Delta called worriedly.

"We're sorry! We're so, so sorry!" Trollex cried out pitifully as everyone watched the crying Aggie run until she was out of sight.

"This is just awful. For the first time ever, working together as leaders is just a complete failure." Trollzart wept his guilty tears away.

"Some leaders we turned out to be," Poppy muttered sadly.

Everyone in the room felt so sad they failed to help a helpless trolls. This is the first time they tried to help a troll together, but their first attempt failed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 536 11
When Barb goes to the Techo Trolls to steal there string, they are surprised to see another troll beside Barb. The rock trolls leave with the string...
108K 1.3K 47
Poppy and Branch discover that there are six different troll tribes scattered over six different lands. Each tribe is also devoted to six different k...
34.2K 482 31
The trolls have lived in harmony for so long, not knowing their world was a lot bigger. They find out that Barb, queen of the hard rock trolls, wants...
78.3K 1.3K 27
Poppy, Branch, and Val discover that there are six different troll tribes scattered over six different lands. Each tribe is also devoted to six diffe...