• All The Lies • t. oikawa

By peachykags

An Oikawa Tooru short fic. ·✿·──────· · After all of those tears, she still forgave him. "I love you" it was... More

𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔 1
𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔 2
𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔 3
𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔 4
𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔 6
𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔 7
𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒓'𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒆

𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒆𝒔 5

276 15 35
By peachykags

· ·──────·✿·──────· ·

Oikawa was beyond pissed to himself. It was his fault why their team lost against Karasuno. He saw where the direction of Hinata's spike yet he didn't get to position himself to properly receive it.

It's not enough, I need to work harder.

Walking home, his thoughts were clouded with self-hatred.

I failed to bring my team to the Nationals.

A part of him felt better as he and Iwaizumi mended their friendship. Just like the rainbow after a storm, despite their differences and arguments, they'd always make up with each other with such simple gestures.

Oikawa came to halt, realizing where he was. Hanako's place.

Hesitating whether he'd ring the doorbell or not, he was just standing there at the roadside looking like a creep―a good-looking one. Taking a deep breath he rang the doorbell.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

"Is she not home?" He muttered to himself. A few seconds later, her front door opened. There she was in her shorts and tank top, hair tied in a messy bun while some of her bangs stuck on her forehead that glistened with sweat. She looked pretty nonetheless.

The girl's eyes widened, obviously shocked to see her boyfriend, she didn't expect him to come to her in person.

All of her plans to avoid the boy was dumped outside the window the moment she saw him. Her shaky hands fumbled with the gate as she invited him inside her abode. 

Once the two of them were settled in the living room, silence enveloped them. It was quite tense, both wanted to speak up yet no one had the guts to do so.

Hanako was about to head to the kitchen and offer her guest some tea―she just really wanted an excuse to leave just so she could calm her overly excited heart, but Oikawa had other plans he grabbed her wrist.

It was firm and warm. It gave her comfort.

Eyeing the boy she was confused why was he suddenly acting so bashful, he didn't even make an eye contact ever since he stepped foot inside.

"W-we... lost." Once he said that he finally met her gaze. Hanako bit her lip, she didn't know what to say since she refused to watch the game, she didn't know what happened.

Lowering herself slowly in front of her boyfriend, she held both of his hands. She couldn't leave the boy alone, even if he hurt her so much especially now that he's suffering from a defeat, he was also a friend first.

Once she was facing the boy, level with him―he was sitting on the couch while the girl was kneeling in front of him. She couldn't hold her tears back as she let out a sob after another.

She was crying for him. Seeing the sad look in his eyes also broke her heart. His pain was also her pain.

The girl wrapped her arms around him settling her head on his chest, he hugged her as well feeling the warmth of the girl. She knew how much he had suffered just to be who he is right now and he still continues to push himself to become better―whether he was going to break physically, he just couldn't see himself as someone as close as people who were natural.

Waves of emotions wanting to breakthrough. Nobody has said a single word and they just let their presence with each other do its thing.

· ·──────·✿·──────· ·

"Are you starving?" Hanako asked releasing herself from Oikawa's grasp, suddenly feeling the coldness of the night.

He hummed signaling that he was indeed hungry. The last friendly volleyball game with just the third years surely had worn him out.

The girl made her way to the kitchen as she started to prepare the meal they're going to eat. Oikawa entered the kitchen after a few minutes wrapping his hands on the girl's waist back-hugging her, burying his face on her nape inhaling her scent. He whispered, "I love you, princess."

Hanako was taken aback by what he said, because of this she accidentally cut herself with the knife she was holding.

She hissed at the sight, while Oikawa dragged her to sit on the chair by the dining table while he took the first aid kit.

I love you, princess.

I love you.

I love―

"You don't have to do it Tooru, I can handle myself it's just a small cut." The girl insisted that she didn't need her boyfriend to bother himself fixing a band-aid for her but he didn't listen and continued treating the small wound.

Her heartfelt heavy while she felt butterflies in her stomach.

She just stared in awe at his face. Oh the things that you do to me. "Take a photo, I'm pretty sure it'll last longer and you could still stare at me even if I'm already back home."

Hanako felt her cheeks burn. He met her stare with a smile on his face. Time slowed down, their faces few inches apart.

Oikawa's heartbeat became rapid. It's been so long since the last time they became intimate.

It's your fault.

The girl became light-headed, her boyfriend's natural scent intoxicating her, it was addicting. He's addicting.

They were each other's Aphrodite who wanted the golden apple that was addressed 'to the fairest' and would do anything just to claim it―even if it was meant to cause chaos.

The moment their lips touched was when the other knew they needed each other. It wasn't out of love―no, it was for assurance. The relationship was just to make sure that someone's there. On the other hand, the other only felt pain. Guilt jumbled the pit of that person's stomach.

Stop!

· ·──────·✿·──────· ·

The two stayed quiet during their meal. No one dared to talk, the unsettling feeling they both felt was only getting worse the longer they stayed together, occasionally making eye contact.

Now comfortable on the couch they waited for nothing in particular.

Oikawa decided to make the first move, grabbing her hand then interlaced their fingers just because he longed for her warmth, she flinched and she wasn't even discreet being caught.

"Why," She breathed out, not making any eye contact. "Why do you constantly hang out with other girls? Why do you tolerate them and―just neglect me?"

There was no malice laced in her voice, she was like an innocent child asking her teacher a question. Confused that's what she was. The boy's mouth gaped, he was speechless. I don't know.

"Don't you know that every time I see you with them it felt like I was digging my own grave? I am hurt yet I don't want to admit it. I wanted to get mad at you but I couldn't bring myself to because for sure you have a reason why."

He was unable to answer his girlfriend's questions nor able to explain himself.

What was there to explain? He didn't have a valid reason to treat the girl poorly while all she ever did was to endure the pain he caused her.

Unless his of ending up like his older sister with a failed relationship counted as one.

Hanako slowly slipped her hand away from him, realizing that he didn't have an explanation. She stood up before she muttered the words she didn't imagine that she was going to be able to say ever.

"Let's just break up."

Oikawa was frozen in place. He couldn't believe it. He doesn't want to believe it. Tears started to blur his eyesight, not wasting a single more second he hugged the girl―so tight, he refuses to let go.

"No, don't. Please."

She stood still, she couldn't believe it―he was begging. His grip on her becomes tighter every second.

"Tooru, please. I'm tired of getting hurt." She whispered. It took her an ample amount of courage so she wouldn't breakdown then and there. The boy was practically trembling―his wails echoed in the house he kept on muttering words as he choked in his sobs.

I'm sorry.

Don't leave me alone.

I'll make it up to you.

I won't hurt you ever again.

She let out a shaky sigh calming herself. "O-oikawa-san."

It sounded so foreign, she never called him by his surname. It didn't sound right, his surname didn't roll out of her tongue naturally. He hated his surname at that moment. "Hanako! Don't call me that!" He fell on his knees refusing to let go of her wrists.

"Oikawa-san, please leave." She stood her ground, despite her heartbreaking the entire time she had to set them both free.

"I need you Hanako."

She stiffened once she heard him.

"You just need me. You don't want me."

Finally freeing her wrists from his hold she headed straight to the door opening it for him to leave. He bit his lip, he couldn't believe what's happening. Even if he hated the idea of leaving he had to since he doesn't want to give the girl a harder time.

He looked at her who refused to look at him in the eye―wanting her to change her mind. Realizing that she wouldn't do anything that he hoped for, he placed a soft peck in her forehead before exiting the house.

The moment Hanako closed her door tears started to flow. Leaning on the door she just sat there bawling her eyes out until slumber took over her senses.

· ·──────·✿·──────· ·

Iwaizumi headed to his cousin's house wanting to go out with her. He was still pretty bummed with the defeat, but he didn't want to feel pity towards himself longer.

His eyes widened the moment he saw his best friend asleep leaning on the front door.

"Oi. Crappykawa, what are you doing here sleeping on my cousin's front door?" Nudging the boy to wake up.

The other boy opened his eyes tiredly, that's when Iwaizumi noticed the bloodshot eyes of Oikawa. Did he stay the whole night while he cried himself to sleep? Obviously.

"Hanako broke up with me." The poor boy blankly stated.

Iwaizumi blinked his eyes. Once, twice, thrice.

"I refuse to accept it Iwa-chan." Oikawa continued.

Hajime settled himself beside the other boy before asking, "Want to talk about it?" The moment Oikawa Tooru shared his concerns to his best friend it felt like his shoulders lighten up.

His life ever since he was little revolved around volleyball. Oikawa would do his best to improve himself just for self-satisfaction until he was in middle school. Going to Kitagawa Daiichi he and Iwaizumi continued their fancy towards volleyball.

Oikawa's rivalry towards Ushijima started when they lost towards Shiratorizawa's middle school team.

He hated the way it was so natural for people like Ushijima to be so amazing with volleyball, because of that he started to push himself to his limit. Eventually injuring his right knee.

Iwaizumi would always nag him for overworking himself―but his drive only grew when Kageyama Tobio entered the picture.

He hated the younger boy with his entire existence because of the natural talent of being a setter the other has while he had to work twice, thrice as harder just to be amazing.

He started to lose his calm, he'd often fight with Iwaizumi because the boy was practically torturing himself.

Graduating from third year of middle school. Oikawa still swore to himself that he wouldn't stop practicing just to become the best and defeat Kageyama and Ushijima.

The first year of high school Oikawa got himself a girlfriend. She was a manipulator.

She wanted to manipulate Oikawa to have his focus only on her, but it never really worked.

Having enough of it, the girl called their relationship off and told him, "If you won't change your attitude towards us, your fangirls. Sooner or later everyone's going to hate you for acting so high and mighty."

Those words were the reason why he started to entertain his fangirls more. He was constantly reminded by his ex's words and the failed relationship of his older sister.

"I don't want to offend you or anything but I don't think relationships are what you need right now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.3K 2.1K 60
(M.Atsumu x fem!reader) "𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓, 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐒𝐓." He lured her into his...
438K 14.5K 49
[[COMPLETED]] (L/n) (Y/n), a third year from Aoba Johsai is also the manager for the Boys' Volleyball Club. Join her in their wacky and stupid advent...
13.7K 445 12
"What...what happened to you?!" "You promised you would never leave....and then you were gone." Oikawa Tooru was depressed all threw Highschool. His...
10.4K 320 10
-y/n doesn't fall in love, or at least that's what she'll say to anyone who asks her about getting into any kind of romantic relationship. however, a...