The Mysterious Boy || BTS (Ji...

By EcstaticAce

Jungkook is part of a futuristic world, where VR (Virtual Reality) games are normal and played often. Lately... More

The Mysterious Boy
The Lake
New Player: Yoongi
Returning Player: Namjoon
Game Announcement
Regret
Misunderstanding
Fight
Healing
Pounce
Reunion
Memory
Gone
Broken
Shall We?
Remember
Free
Forever Mine

Trip: Day 1

104 8 23
By EcstaticAce

A/N

Hello everyone! Sorry it's been awhile since the last update! My wrist has been feeling a lot better, so I tried writing this chapter a bit faster than usual. Hope y'all enjoy the chapter =^_^=

-----------------------------

Taehyung finally pulled into a parking space at the campground. There were a couple other people milling around the site and setting up their equipment, but Jungkook knew that they were staying in a cabin in the woods, the one they always stayed in when they were younger. Taehyung took the keys out of the ignition as he popped his trunk.

"Ready?"

"Yeah."

They both got out of the car, grabbing everything out of the car in one go. Even though they'd never admit it, they were both the type of people to refuse taking a second trip unless absolutely necessary. Their arms were full to the brim, almost to the point of toppling themselves over, but they both laughed as they reached the cabin, dropping everything onto the floor.

"Man, that walk is only like five minutes, but I always forget how long it is when trying to carry everything in one go." Taehyung threw himself onto the bed towards the right of the cabin.

"True, but taking a second trip is for quitters."

They both laughed, Jungkook sitting down on the bed on the left of the cabin, quickly grabbing his bags and organizing his things. It was a small quirk of his, the need to always stay organized. Taehyung chuckled as he watched Jungkook from the side. After a couple more seconds of rest, Taehyung sat up and began doing the same thing.

"You really have a thing about staying organized. It's like you inherited it from your mom."

"I probably did. At least I'm not as messy as you."

Jungkook playfully threw one of his shirts at Taehyung, hitting him square in the face. Taehyung was slightly shocked but smiled and chuckled before pushing himself off the bed. He began rolling his sleeves up as he approached Jungkook's bed.

"Oh, that's it. Let's settle this like men."

Taehyung quickly pounced on Jungkook, tickling his stomach and sides. It was something they did as kids that never left Taehyung's playful nature. So, here they were, both in the beginning of their twenties, having a tickling match with each other in the cabin filled with so many childhood memories.

At this point, Taehyung was definitely winning. Jungkook had been nonstop laughing for the past couple minutes, slowly running out of oxygen from all the pure joy he was feeling. Jungkook had shifted his body to the right to try and get away from Taehyung's grip, causing Taehyung to slide forward unexpectedly.

Before they knew it, their faces were only inches apart. Jungkook was still laughing from the aftermath of the tickling match, but Taehyung had now realized how close their faces were, his cheeks quickly flushing pink. Jungkook's laughs were slowly subsiding, his face now turned directly towards Taehyung.

Is this the moment? Do I lean in? Do I kiss him? Should I make a move now? But ... I never asked how he felt. Crap! He's staring at me. What ... what do I do. Stay calm. Stay calm. Just ... lean in ...

Taehyung started slowly leaning his head forward, watching for any signs from Jungkook. Before he could get very far, Jungkook playfully pushed Taehyung away from him, not even realizing Taehyung's advances. Jungkook moved towards the front of the cabin where they had left their shoes only moments ago.

Does ... does he not like me like that? Is this the nice way of him letting me know?

Taehyung stayed on the bed, his head tilted towards the floor as his insecurities flowed through his head. Jungkook was about to put on his shoes before he noticed that Taehyung wasn't following him. His smile quickly turned into a look of concern, deciding to forget his shoes and go back towards Taehyung.

Taehyung was brought out of his thoughts by someone's hands on his. Jungkook began swinging their hands in the air like they did when they were kids. Taehyung looked up to see Jungkook's concerned look, his eyebrows now furrowed.

"What's wrong, Tae?"

"N-nothing. Just thinking too much, I guess."

"Tae ..." Taehyung looked up into Jungkook's eyes, the dark chocolate orbs just asking him to get lost in them. "Please, don't lie to me. What's up?"

Jungkook sat down next to Taehyung on the bed, his hands never leaving Taehyung's. Taehyung found it hard to look at the boy next to him, his breathing also becoming slightly shallow. Jungkook was patient, waiting for Taehyung to speak up. Taehyung laughed, trying to lighten the mood.

"I think when you pushed me away," Taehyung gripped his shirt where his heart was, "my heart just about exploded from sadness." Taehyung made sure he looked dramatic, falling back onto the bed as he pouted.

Jungkook smiled, pulling Taehyung back up into a hug. Taehyung was taken aback, slowly wrapping his arms around Jungkook as if he was afraid the other would push him away again.

"Sorry if I pushed you too hard. I guess I don't even know my own strength."

Jungkook proceeded to flex his muscles, Taehyung now laughing from his friend's actions. Before he knew it, Jungkook grabbed his wrist and pulled him up onto his feet.

"Want to go to the lake before starting the bonfire for dinner?" Jungkook's large eyes shine in the sunlight, causing Taehyung to stare before answering.

"Yeah, that sounds good. But Jungkook?"

"Yeah?"

"You're not going to wear your swim shorts?"

Jungkook looked down at the black shorts he was wearing when he left his house, his cheeks turning pink slightly from the embarrassment of not realizing earlier. Jungkook quickly ran to his bag he'd left on his bed, grabbing the dark blue swim shorts out of it and shyly pointing to the bathroom.

"I'll go change."

Jungkook chuckled awkwardly before entering the bathroom. When the door closed, Taehyung sighed, as if he had been holding his breath whenever Jungkook got close. Taehyung sat on his bed, waiting his turn for the bathroom as his thoughts ran rampant.

Calm down, Taehyung. Just breathe. Don't think about the fact that you've had a crush on this guy for almost ten years now. Yeah, definitely don't think about that. But ... when do I make a move? Do I make a move? Ugh, this is so frustrating!

Taehyung had gripped his hair subconsciously as he processed his thoughts. He hadn't realized that Jungkook had left the bathroom, moving to place his clothes back in his bag for later.

"Tae, it's all yours. Tae?"

Taehyung quickly moved his fingers out of his hair, grabbing his red swim shorts and jogging to the bathroom.

"I won't be long."

The door slammed, Jungkook's eyebrows raised at Taehyung's actions. Jungkook hadn't grabbed too much, since the trip was just an overnight stay, but he began organizing his things again, trying to keep his mind busy. Even so, his thoughts moved towards Jimin.

I'm usually getting ready to play Mikrokosmos by now. I wonder if he's waiting for me. After what I did, what I said, there's no way he's talking to me again. At least ... not for awhile. Ugh, what should I do? I feel ... guilty? Guilty that I'm here rather than searching for him. I hope this short trip will help clear my mind and help me figure out what to do.

And Tae ... he's been acting weird lately. He just seems more ... awkward? Maybe it's just that we haven't had time to really hang out in a while. Yeah, that must be it.

Taehyung opened the bathroom door, throwing his clothes on his bed before looking towards Jungkook. It was as if Taehyung's trip to the bathroom to change had immediately made the boy less awkward. Taehyung walked towards the front door.

"Ready to go?"

"Yeah."

Jungkook left the cabin with Taehyung, them both starting the ten-minute walk to the lake. Jungkook was excited to play in the lake and relax. Taehyung was excited to spend time with his crush, still pondering when to make his move or of he was even going to attempt it.

-----------------------------------------------

Taehyung had started the bonfire outside the cabin, beginning to put their dinner on the makeshift stovetop. Both of them were excited for the meat frenzy they were about to partake in after their afternoon trip to the lake. Jungkook still had a towel in his hair, trying to dry it off before helping Taehyung with dinner.

"Don't worry, Jungkook. I brought plenty of meat, so we should be full by the end of this feast." Taehyung laughed, flipping some of the meat over as it cooked.

"That sounds amazing! Do you need any help?"

Jungkook placed his towel back inside before standing next to Taehyung as he continued to finish cooking. By now, Taehyung was starting to place the meat onto a plate, the pile causing Jungkook's eyes to widen slightly. He wasn't even sure the two of them would finish everything here.

"Oh, I'll go make some rice. Bring the meat in when it's done. I'll set up the table for us."

Jungkook smiled as he turned to re-enter the cabin. Taehyung smiled as well, his eyes almost crescents as he quickly finished cooking. He put the fire out, staying outside a little longer to be sure the embers didn't wreak havoc. He turned with the plate of meat to enter the cabin and was met with a table that was already set up.

Jungkook walked a bowl of rice to the table, setting it next to the meat Taehyung had cooked. Jungkook sat down, ready to dig in before noticing that Taehyung was still standing and staring at him.

"Uhh, Tae?"

Taehyung shook his head, not realizing he had been staring for so long. Jungkook could feel the atmosphere becoming awkward again, quickly smiling before glancing to the seat that Taehyung was supposed to be sitting in.

"Oh, sorry."

Taehyung quickly sat in the seat before they both started to eat dinner. The awkwardness quickly slipped away as they laughed throughout the conversation. They brought up many old memories at the cabin, one including how Taehyung knocked himself out playing dodgeball with Jungkook when they were younger. Man, was that a story to tell. Before they knew it, all of the food had been eaten, and their stomach felt as if they were about to explode.

"I ate way too much." Jungkook was rubbing his stomach, as if this action would make his stomach feel less stretched.

"I second that." Taehyung was leaning back in his chair, arms swinging lazily at his sides.

Jungkook grabbed his phone from his pant's pocket, quickly looking at the time and noticing how late it truly was. Jungkook slowly stood up before stalking over to the beds.

"I'm gonna go to bed, Tae. I need a nap."

Taehyung realized how tired Jungkook must have been when he laid onto Taehyung's bed, spreading his body out as he stretched. Jungkook's eyes were permanently closed as his breathing started to even out. Taehyung chuckled, knowing how often and easily Jungkook could enter into a food coma.

Taehyung cleaned up the dishes, being sure to turn off the lights and brush his teeth before even thinking about going to bed. He was hoping that Jungkook would wake up, realize he was in the wrong bed, and move to his own. To his dismay, Jungkook remained where he laid himself earlier. Taehyung sighed trying to figure out what to do.

"I guess I could just sleep in Jungkook's bed. But ..." Taehyung looked at Jungkook's sleeping figure, shaking his head only seconds later. "No! You can't just sleep in the same bed as your crush. That's just ..."

Before Taehyung could finish, Jungkook moved his body around, subconsciously trying to make himself more comfortable. Unbeknownst to Taehyung, he was trying to find a familiar warmth he hadn't had in a longer time than he'd wanted. Jungkook was now laying on his side, only taking up a small portion of the bed.

Before Taehyung could think clearly, he began taking steps towards the bed. He was currently at war with logic and his feelings. It was no question that he wanted to curl next to Jungkook, but his brain was telling him to reconsider. Deciding to listen to his heart instead, Taehyung slowly laid in his bed next to Jungkook, being sure to not wake the other.

It was almost as if there was a fissure between the two, Taehyung afraid to close the gap between them. After what felt like an eternity, Taehyung moved closer to Jungkook, the side of his arm now against Jungkook's back. Taehyung began rubbing circles in Jungkook's back, gaining a calm sigh from the other.

Without warning, Jungkook turned towards Taehyung, laying his arm across Taehyung's stomach. Jungkook placed his head on Taehyung's chest, nuzzling his head in so that his hair was moving against Taehyung's chin. If Taehyung had a mirror, all he would have saw was his wide eyes in surprise at his friend's movements. One of Taehyung's arms was now stuck under Jungkook's body, and the other was placed in the air, not sure where to put it at the moment.

Even though Taehyung had dreamed of cuddling close next to Jungkook for a long time, he was hoping that they would have talked about it first or had some sort of mutual consent. Taehyung decided that waking Jungkook to move him wasn't in the cards, not wanting to disturb the other.

Instead, Taehyung leaned in closer to Jungkook, causing the other to sigh contentedly as he leaned into Taehyung as well. Jungkook's head was nuzzled into Taehyung's neck, now having a protective grip on Taehyung's side. Taehyung smiled, using his free hand to brush through Jungkook's hair.

"—min."

It was whispered, Taehyung unable to decode what his friend was trying to say. Jungkook had repeated the same word a couple times, but Taehyung couldn't tell what the other was trying to say. He decided to drop it and settle into a deep sleep.

I wonder what Jungkook is dreaming about. Either way, sweet dreams.

-----------------------------------

A/N

I hope the chapter was worth the wait! Thank you to everyone for all your love on this story and my others. I really do appreciate you all! Here are some questions to answer if you like:

1) For the next chapter, do you want Day 2 of this trip, or would you like to see a quick Namjin or Sope break?

2) Did you see the new Tiny Tan video? It's the CUTEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!!! Do recommend to watch.

Thanks again for everything! As for the next update, I'll do my best to have it up within the next two weeks, but I am going back home this week to relax and see my family after a long time, so maybe give me 3 weeks haha. Love you all as always! =^_^=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 48 10
Main ships: Jikook Sope Enjoy😅😊
7.8K 690 32
-two neighboring kingdoms one of humans and one of winged creatures -humans are ugly. all the fairies think that -i want to meet them. no way the w...
101K 2.7K 35
Jimin is a popular girl who has a friend called Taehyung who is a geek and who loves to dress in Gucci. Everyone wanted to be friends with them but...
993 15 10
just one story part shots based on the collection of my songs🤭❤ TAEKOOK JIKOOK VMIN JIHOPE SOPE NAMJIN NAMKOOK JINHOPE VHOPE TAEGI KOOKMIN HOPEKOOK ...