SABAISM | H. POTTER

By cthgreenlight

SABAISM (noun) : The worship of stars. For centuries, people have looked up to the stars and became instanta... More

| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE
ONE. | PLATFORM NINE & THREE QUARTERS
TWO. | HOGWARTS EXPRESS
FOUR. | FIRST DAY OF CLASSES
FIVE. | NOT EXPECTED
SIX. | PLAYING QUIDDITCH TO PLAYING SNAPE
SEVEN. | A HALLOWEEN NIGHTMARE
EIGHT. | GRYFFINDOR VS. SLYTHERIN
NINE. | CHRISTMAS BREAK
TEN. | BACK TO HOGWARTS
ELEVEN. | THE DEMON IN DETENTION
TWELVE. | FIGURING IT OUT
THIRTEEN. | FACING VOLDEMORT PT.1
FOURTEEN. | THE END OF FIRST YEAR
| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS
ONE. | THE RESCUE MISSION
TWO. | THE BURROW
THREE. | FLOO GONE FLOP
FOUR. | DIAGON ALLEY
FIVE. | FASHIONABLY LATE
SIX. | A HEADACHE
SEVEN. | FULL OF HIMSELF
EIGHT. | SNAKES BELONG ON THE GROUND
NINE. | THE VOICES
TEN. | PRANKS AND PETRIFICATION
ELEVEN. | THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS?
TWELVE. | ANNUAL INJURY
THIRTEEN. | DUELING
FOURTEEN. | WHAT'S ON THE INSIDE
FIFTEEN. | TOM RIDDLE
SIXTEEN. | THE LOSS OF TWO FRIENDS
SEVENTEEN. | STICKY SITUATION
EIGHTEEN. | GILDEROY LOCKHART IS CANCELLED
NINETEEN. | FACING VOLDEMORT PT. 2
TWENTY. | THE END OF SECOND YEAR
| PROLOGUE | HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN
ONE. | UNSAID DISTRESS
TWO. | SOUL SUCKING
THREE. | THEIR RETURN
FOUR. | MYSTIC "PREDICTIONS"
FIVE. | SLYTHERIN CRYBABY
SIX. | TAKING THE DOG TO THE POUND
SEVEN. | A PUSH OVERBOARD
EIGHT. | GREATEST FEAR
NINE. | AN UNRECOGNIZED REUNION
TEN. | THE WRONG HOG
ELEVEN. | THE DAUGHTER OF A MURDERER
TWELVE. | GRIM DEFEAT
THIRTEEN. | YOU ARE NOT ALONE
FOURTEEN. | MORE THAN ONE SAVIOR
FIFTEEN. | WOLF IS OUT OF THE BAG
SIXTEEN. | THE LEGACY IS PASSED ON
SEVENTEEN. | SETBACK FROM GAIETY
EIGHTEEN. | FRENEMIES
NINETEEN. | THE LUPIN-BLACK "TWINS"
TWENTY. | FIREBOLT FIASCO
TWENTY - ONE. | GRYFFINDOR VS. RAVENCLAW
TWENTY - TWO. | NOT SEX BUT SIRIUS
TWENTY - THREE. | PETER PETTIGREW
TWENTY - FOUR. | RED-HEADED CHEW TOY
TWENTY - FIVE. | MONSTER-IN-LAWS
TWENTY - SIX. | THE INDISPUTABLE TRUTH

THREE. | THE SORTING

16K 588 328
By cthgreenlight

STUDENTS EXITED THE TRAIN AND ENTERED INTO THE DARK OF NIGHT. Gemini had grasped Harry Potter's robe in order to not get flung about, and Harry had grabbed Ron in a similar fashion. Gemini's robes shimmered grandly, while Ron's secondhand silks showed a bit too much sneaker. However, Gemini's were only grand due to this being her first year.

    Immediately upon departing from the train; they were greeted by the largest man Gemini had ever viewed, and she truly didn't mean that in a negative light. "Right, then! First years! This way, Please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up," the sizable man boisterously instructed. The girl had to admit she was hesitant to walk in the direction of the yelling half-giant, but Harry dragged her and Ron towards the commotion. "Hello, Harry," the man greeted when he laid eyes upon all three. "Hey, Hagrid," Harry nonchalantly responded. Hagrid? The groundskeeper of Hogwarts! Gemini vaguely recalled her Father telling her what a sweet man he was, and she trusted her Father's judgement immensely. So, she thrusted her hand towards him. Straining her neck to look up; she introduced, "Hello, Hagrid! My name is Gemini Lupin-Black. It is lovely to meet you!" A flicker of recognition crossed over his features, but he happily welcomed her. Sparing another glance over Harry and Gemini, Hagrid instructed, "Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." All the first years wearily followed the enthusiastic man.

    Hagrid had led them to a number of boats that were awaiting their presence. Taking in the scenery, one could see a vast lake and the lights of a huge castle stunningly reflected off of it. The children were in awe, rightfully so. It looked like something out of a medieval movie. "Woah," Ron whispered to her and Harry. "Woah, indeed," Gemini muttered in agreement. "Right," Hagrid eagerly started, "Four to a boat! Get in you lot." Gemini was one of the first to run towards the lake; Harry hot on her heels.

___________________________________

    Grandma Minnie, in her signature jade robes, stood waiting for the new pupils in the lit entryway. Once they'd all piled in, she instantly began her introduction, "Welcome to Hogwarts. I am Professor McGonagall. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup. A great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours. The sorting will begin momentarily." Well, that was a lot to take in. Gemini found herself slightly nervous. Even though she knew what was about to happen, doing it in front of all of her peers seemed terrifying. "That was inspirational, Grandma Minnie," Gemini cried out to the woman's retreating figure. That exclamation earned her more then a few looks, and Harry questioned, "Is that your Grandma?" Chuckling, she replied, "Not by blood relation, no. She did help raise me though." It was true. After the whole incident with her Mother, McGonagall stepped up and helped Remus Lupin out in any way that she could. Remus Lupin had always been Minnie's favorite student, and Gemini was like the kid she never had. Harry nodded his head, satisfied with her answer.

    Suddenly, Gemini could see her distasteful cousin walking towards the trio. She never had the displeasure of meeting her Mother's side of the family, but from what she knew of them...it was chalked up to not missing out on much. "It's true then," Draco started, "what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." The blonde openly stared at Harry's scar, and his accusation instantly caused whispers to erupt. "This is Crabbe and Goyle," Malfoy nodded towards his minions,"...and I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Ron snickered at hearing his name, and Gemini had to hold back a laugh herself. Merlin, she knew she was full of herself but not this badly. Draco's eyes narrowed in on the red-haired boy. "Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley. You'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." Disgust settled in Gemini's stomach as she watched Draco outstretch his hand to Harry. The Boy-Who-Lived looked Draco up and down before he denied, "I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks." He turned around, ignoring Draco's hand. Malfoy's eyes glittered with rage.

    Gemini chuckled and grasped Draco's hand, causing gasps to break out. She exclaimed, "Hello, dear cousin. I am Gemini Lupin-Black. If you lose that stick lodged up your arse, and the helmet hair; I would love to get to know you. Sadly, I know that won't be happening anytime soon....stop messing with Weasley though, okay? So he has a bit more color to him. At least he doesn't appear as a pasty ghoul like yourself. Did Mummy not put enough blusher on your cheeks before you departed?" More gasps broke out, either from her name or from her obvious jeer. The smirk on the young girl's lip widened significantly when Draco furiously removed his hand, and wiped it against his robes as if she carried a deadly disease. "Blood-traitor," he sneered; walking off with trailing goons. Gemini twisted back around to meet Harry and Ron's awed looks. "Blimey. That was awesome, Gemini," Ron complimented. He couldn't believe the girl stood up for him, and if possible; Harry felt as though he fell deeper in that moment. A clearing of a throat caused them all to quiet down. There stood McGonagall; and she informed,"We are ready for you now."

    They were all led through two large doors and into the Great Hall. There were four long tables situated parallel to one another, and they were lined with numerous kids. Floating candles were haphazardly placed in divergent areas, and when looking up they were able to view the twinkling stars of the night sky. Gemini smiled giddily. She loved all of the constellations, and despite her families' craziness; she appreciated the tradition of the Black's being named after the balls of light. Hermione's voice broke Gemini out of her thoughts, "It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Gemini appreciated the girl's thirst for knowledge, and it was easy to see she probably read so much in order to fit in. "I read it as well. I wonder though if in the morning it is bewitched to show the sun, or do you think it is just the normal rafters? I could not find that information anywhere," Gemini retaliated. Hermione smiled warmly in her direction, and walked faster to keep in pace with her.

    McGonagall broke their mindless chatter. "All right," she said, "will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." Dumbledore rose from the main table and the whole hall hushed. Gemini could only think; imagine having that much respect and authority. What a power move. Dumbledore cleared his throat and then announced, "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He sat down after that very morbid statement. "I hear he's a genius," Hermione whispered to Gemini.

    All eyes turned to Professor McGonagall; who then cleared her throat, "When I call your name, you will come forth, I shall place the sorting hat on your head, and you will be sorted into your houses." Anxious mummers began to rise from the first years. McGonagall stated,"Gemini Lupin-Black." Of course, Gemini would be the first one. Immediate whispers broke out as the older students eyed the last of the Black's, and the daughter of a murderer. "Oh, honestly," Gemini muttered as she skipped up to the hat. Yes, skipped. "Hey, Minnie! You are looking positively wonderful today. I love you dearly," Gemini announced loudly throughout the now quiet hall. Various chuckles broke out and it was obvious the Professor was fighting a smile. All of the other professors just couldn't believe how much she was alike to the notorious Sirius Black. "Sit down, Miss. Lupin-Black," Minnie said humorously. Gemini plopped down dramatically and could easily see all of the stares sent her way. They were probably wondering the same thing everyone else thought. Is she going to be in evil Slytherin like the rest of her bloodline? Who knows. The hat barely brushed her head before it shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!" Some claps could be heard throughout the hall, but Gemini did not care about their unenthusiasm. Harry Potter could be seen reacting joyously for her, though.

    She bounded towards the Gryffindor table and sat herself beside two identical red haired boys. Glancing at them and then aquatinting herself, "Hello, my name is Gemini. Are you perchance related to ickle Ronikins?" Both boys eyes widened and the one closest to her jokingly proposed, "Marry me." She smirked mischievously. "Ah, you must be Gred and Forge. It is definitely a pleasure. If you truly wish for me to marry you, I require dungbombs as a proposal." This time he repeated his statement only with much more severity. "Hello, Love. I am George Weasley; your future husband," he versed. The one furthest away added," I am the better looking twin, Fred Weasley. You have a mischievous flare about you. I cannot help but wonder if you have any tricks up your sleeve?" Gemini smiled happily, "Why, of course," she answered, "I promised to send my Father home a toilet seat at one point." They both looked at her in awe, but she returned her attention back to the sorting when she heard, "Hermione Granger."

    Hermione nervously walked up towards Professor McGonagall and shyly sat on the stool. Once the hat was placed on her head, it started talking. "Ah, right then. Hmmm...right. Okay, GRYFFINDOR!" Gemini was excited and she waved the girl to sit at the open seat on her left. "That was nerve wracking! I am so happy I was placed in a house with someone I already know," Hermione breathed out in relief. Gemini smiled softly at the girl before giving Grandma Minnie her undivided attention, or as much as she could. "Draco Malfoy," McGonagall stated. Draco sauntered up proudly. What a prick. Much like Gemini. the hat barely brushed the top of his head before it screamed out, "SLYTHERIN." Only this time, the tattered hat seemed to nearly freak.

"Harry Potter," was called out so suddenly and the dead silence proved defining.

    Harry cautiously walked up and sat down. Gemini felt pity for the boy, at least for her some were too afraid to stare openly. He was sat, under the old hat, for nearly five minutes before the hat called out, "GRYFFINDOR !" Harry seemed to sag in relief at the placement. There was immense cheering and Harry went to sit across from Gemini at the lion's table. Fred and George loudly chanted, "We got Potter!" It was as if the atmosphere appeared lighter to everyone, and McGonagall continued the sorting whist everyone still celebrated. "Ron Weasley," she called out. Everyone turned and watched his actions; as he was the last one. The sorting hat bellowed, "Ah! Another Weasley. I know just where to put you...GRYFFINDOR!" Ron happily ran down and sat beside Harry and across from Hermione.

    Minnie clanked her glass before ordering, "Your attention, please." Dumbledore rose his hands and stated, "Let the feast...begin." Food magically began to appear on all of the respected tables, and the hall filled with wonder and nosey chatter. Gemini had heard her Father's stories about the glorious meals Hogwarts dished out, and this definitely exceeded her expectations. There was roast beef, chicken, pork chops, lamb chops, bacon, steak -- the feast of all feasts. The girl's stomach grumbled as she eagerly served herself a helping of the glazed beef roast, and listened to Ron tell her all about the wizarding cards he did have in his collection. Ron, having just finished a chicken leg, reached into the bowl to give Gemini one after telling her how good it was, and a ghostly head popped out. "Ahh," Ron exclaimed. The ghost simply laughed," Hello! How are you? Welcome to Hogwarts." Ron shared an affronted look with Gemini. The two had quickly bonded over their love for food and mutual hatred for Draco Malfoy. Gemini shrugged and then various ghosts came pouring through the cobblestone. They all watched circumspectly as the ghost who popped out of their table interacted with the other beings. Suddenly, Ron pointed at the ghost and said, "Hey, I know you! You're Nearly Headless Nick!" The ghost in mention looked slightly offended from Ron's words, and this made both Harry and Gemini uncomfortable. The ghost responded with, "I prefer Sir Nicholas if you don't mind." Hermione's curious nature overtook her and she questioned,"Nearly headless? How can you be nearly headless?" Sir Nicholas responded depressingly, "Like this," and grabbed his head and pulled it to the side. His head was still hanging on by a minuscule inch of skin. "Eugh," Gemini humphed, quickly losing her appetite. "I think I'm done eating," Neville blanched.

--------------------------

    After dinner Ron's eldest brother, Percy, led the Gryffindors to the staircases. The smart-ass teenager said, "Gryffindors, follow me please. Keep up. Thank you." As they followed the ginger, the first years could see the other houses walking in divergent directions. Finally, they stopped for a second. Gemini thanked Merlin because she was out of breath. She quickly wanted to retract her praises though when she glanced up to see a vast amount of staircases. People were walking on them, but the staircases themselves were switching places! Blasphemy, honestly. "This is the most direct path to the dormitories. Oh, and keep an eye on the staircases...they like to change," Percy said all knowingly. No shit.

    On the journey there the numerous painting's entertained Gemini. The people in the painting's were all moving and greeting them upon their arrival; though creepy it just added to the magical flare. Approaching the Gryffindor dorms, they stopped in front of a large painting. It contained a broad woman in a hideously pink dress. Bloody hell, Gemini wondered why this woman was chosen to guard the lion's den. The woman she scrutinized asked, "Password?" Percy responded with, "Caput Draconis." The woman nodded affirmatively and the portrait swung open to reveal a gap in the wall. "Oh, wow," Hermione whispered. They all clambered through the portrait in astonishment. They had entered a rather cozy room, filled with squashy armchairs. Percy broke them out of their stupor. "Gather 'round here," Percy said, "Welcome to the Gryffindor common room. Boy's' dormitories, upstairs and down to your left. Girls, the same on your right. You'll find that your belongings have already been brought up." With that said, Percy briskly walked away.

    Hermione grasped Gemini's arm and ran up the stairs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 15.7K 131
'And he's the best fuck that ever walked. He's beautiful - rich, in money and everything else; he's a rockstar to boot, trapped in the body of a figh...
5.4K 269 32
New description! Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. Best friends. Until they each realised that they were in love. With each other. A/N I don't own any of...
3.4M 118K 65
[ EDITING] James Potter was a skilled and talented wizard, his name a renowned one amongst Hogwarts students. Many knew him because of...
159K 5.5K 15
» "What're you thinking?" Remus asks quietly. "About werewolves," I reply. "And you. And how it isn't fair that you had to be one when there are so m...