Rookie Season

Από SAGEBRAT

Alina is a college grad moving to Miami alone to start up her business. She's a strong willed girl with a dre... Περισσότερα

Cast List
OH➡️MIA
Intrest peaked
What's Good?
Oh Sh*t
The Re-Up
My Night
Just Checking...

Whipped

408 22 11
Από SAGEBRAT

"Yes, you can just put that over there Harry, thanks."

I've been at my business front all morning getting it together. I've put so much blood, sweat, tears, and money. Into this. If you would've asked me 5 years ago where I'd be...I definitely wouldn't have said here.

But a Masters in Psychology, and about to have my grand opening of my very own private practice. I could pinch myself. As I stare into my full circle moment.

Watching the contracts move across the floor, getting the reception area set up was the last thing. I personally have been super hands on. Painting, helping lay the floor. This is MY business. So I wanted to work on it. Not just in it.

"Order for Alina Burrows." A Boy that doesn't look any older than 17 comes into the store holding 5 bags.

"Yes! That's me."
"$55.02" I hand him $70
"Thanks boo, keep the change."
"Wow...thanks. Have a good day."

"Okay, everyone. I got us some food. I want to say thanks for all the hard work, and my constant bitching. I just really appreciate all that's you've done."

Everyone pretty much bum rushed me at the sound of food. And the sound of bags shaking.

"Thanks Alina, for all of this, and it's so nice to work with someone that appreciates our work, and is so involved with it."

We all continue to eat and converse. I even invited them to my grand opening. Speak of. I need to plan it.

"3 more suicides, if one of you is late, this whole team is late, ain't that right Mr. Butler,"Coach yells at us

"Yes, sir." Jimmy answers out of breathe.

After we finish our death of a workout I'm making it a point to lay into Jimmy's grown-ass.

He knows how strict coach is on time. Especially during the season, summer league he's a bit more lenient, but he be chewing our asses up with these three a days."

"All right boys that's all for the day, go shower, you all smell...and look like shit."

Once we're back in the locker room, I hop right into the shower then sit in the ice bath, pulling out my phone.

Jimmy gets in the bath next to me sighing in relief as he submerges himself into the water.

"Cut that sighing shit out." I say not diverting my attention from my phone

"I know you not still mad, the hard part is over. We did the practice, now we relax." Jimmy says laying back closing his eyes.

"It don't mater dude, this is the 3rd time yo grown ass done been late, I'm not running no more three a days for you, you got this whole team fucked up."

I look around at all my teamates, some were laying on the bench, others on the floor, some were throwing up into the trash cans.

"Jimmy you gotta get yo head in it."

"Pipe down rook." The infamous nickname all new players are given in their first year.

Being a Rookie isn't an insult to me. The way I see it, I'm deserving of being here just like every other man here. Otherwise I wouldn't have been drafted.

"Nah nigga, T is 100% right this is yo profession, and we're a team, when one fucks up we all look bad." Kendrick says coming to my defense

"Plus if I keep goin home to my girl getting charlie horses at 2 am and she gotta roll them bitches out...Ima slap the hell out you." Kendrick says rolling his leg out.

"Look. I'm sorry I won't do it again, I promise."

I chuckle at his lies, then go back to my phone, smiling at the reply Alina typed.

"And what's so funny giggles." Jimmy reaches over and snatches my phone from my hands.

"Aye bro chill." My attempts to grab my phone back fail, I look to Kendrick for help but he looks away like he Stevie Wonder of something.

"Boy she got you whipped." Jimmy says laughing loud as hell. "I'm tryna see you." He says reading my last text allowed.

Which I really didn't mind because...I am. Plus they already knew I was feelin her anways, so it's nothing to hide, they just annoying about it.

"What's so funny about two people talking. And potentailly making plans?" I counteract

"Oh nothings funny about it, I'm just thinking about how you finna turn into Kendrick here in a minute, and have to check in every second."

"Aye leave me outta this, and I don't have to do shit, I want to check in with my girl. And ain't nothong wrong with being a kept man, shit, that's probably why you so bad with time Butt, because you ain't got no girl to check yo ol' happy ass." Kendrick says getting up to snatch my phone back...but not before he himself looks at it.

I roll my eyes instantly, they love to be in some business that's not theirs.

"Oop she just replied," Kendrick clears his throat then tries to impersonate a female's voice. "I'm at the farmers market now getting stuff for dinner tonight, you can come here. Oh and she put a wink so let me do that." He does the uglisest wink I done ever seen in my life.

"Bro you ugly as hell cut that out NOW!" I say making a fake throw up noise.

he begins to type away on my phone.

"What the hell are you doin, gimmie my phone Dunn."

"Relax, I got this, and you better get goin because you need to pick up some red wine, oh and since you'll already be at the "real grocery store" he says looking down at my phone doing air qoutes. "You also need to get Double stuff Oreos, emphasis, on double."

"Y'all got way too much time on your hands." I stand to my full height and snatch my phone from Kendricks hands, then I step out the bath wrapping my towel around looking down at the text messages.

Of course Kendrick was the one who offered for me to get the Wine, versus her asking my to go pick it up,

I didn't mind really, my mom always says, 'Son you never go see a woman empty handed, even if all you have is a stick of gum'.

I qucikly get changed into my regular clothes, some gray nikes sweats, black Nike Air maxes, and a black dri-fit shirt.

"That boy not wastin no time." Jimmy says sitting down on the bench in front of our lockers. I try not to smile at his comment.

I can't even try to mask my excitement, I was smiling as soon as he said that, because yes. I wasn't wasting no time, I wanted to spend as much time with Alina as possible.

"Got that boy grinnin."

"Ight Ight Ight, shut up foo." I grab my bag and swing it over my back then pretty much run out the stadium, getting into my jeep and starting on my way to the store. I pull into a Publix parking lot and pull out my phone to confirm she just wants Oreos and wine. I smiled because sure enough she did a imessage effect that made the word 'Double' appear all over the screen.

Just as quick as I am in. I head right out. On my way to her house, typing her address Into my gps.

Once I pull in front of her house I take in the outside, the crazy thing is it looks just like her, and her little car sitting in the drivaway resembled her as well.

I grab the bag and the wine from my passenger, and make my way to her door.

I knock and await for her to open it, I look at all the decorations she has on the proch, I turn around to look at the wind chimes she has hanging on the post on the porch.

"I made those myself."

"Oh Shit-you scared me."

"Sorry," she chcukles a little. "I didn't mean to scare you, come in." she grabs my arm and pulls me into the house.

She actually strong for how little she is. I probably got a bruise from her lip grip.

I read her welcome mat that says "Remove outside soles first." I take off my shoes and set them by the door, Instanly hit by the arouma coming from the kitchen.

"I hope you're hungry, and like mac and cheese, beef ribes, corn bread and aspargus."

"I will eat anything, especially a home cooked meal, I haven't had one in almost 6 months. I also got you the goods."

I hold up the Oreos and wine

"Oh my goodness, thank you!!" she rushes over to me and hugs me, I take a minute to inhale her scent, I couldn't even put my finger on what she smelled like exactly, I could only desribe it as sugary and warm.

"If I knew Oreos was all it took, I woulda been bought you these." She releases her grip from me.

"Sorry, in general, i'm just a hugger, but add in Oreos, and I'll cook for you too." She says giggling.

"But you can relax and what not, I know you're probably really tired from practice."

"Coo"
I take a seat at one of her bar stools. Just watching her while she moves around the kitchen. Stirring the pot full of asparagus, checking inside the over every so often.

I couldn't get over how pretty she looked just being...her. Wearing her gray oversized sweatpants, and a tight white tank top, with star patterned socks. And her curly hair was pulled into a bun at the top of her head. The sway of her hips was so enticing. She looked so effortless and-

"Tyler?" She calls my name waving her hand in front of my face.
"My fault, what'd you say?"
"I said what did you guys do in Practice today...What were you thinking about? What made you space out all of a sudden?"

The outline of your breast in that tank top.

"Just thinking about how sore my muscles will be in the morning."
"Oh I'm sorry."
"Don't apologize. The one who should really be sorry is Jimmy."

As I tell her why Jimmy should be sorry. We move all the food into her dining room, setting the table for ourselves she pours both of us some wine.

"So I tired out this new vegan Mac n cheese. I'm not sure how it'll taste. I tried to make it how I usually would, just obviously no dairy. If it taste shitty tell me."

She looks at me attentively as I take the first bite.

"It's fire. Like for real. It taste like real cheese."

She lets out a sigh of relief and taste herself. Nodding her head. Indicating she also thinks it taste good.

"So you're vegan?"
"Well not entirely. I'm trying to transition into it. I'm easing in. I still die and crave for meat. Hence the ribs. But I am trying to be more conscious of what I put into my body. Which is why I rarely eat out."

We continue to talk about pretty much everything. She tells me about her businesses grand opening. She invited me, as well as the rest of the team. In her words it'll be "hotter than the heat". Which was cheesy as hell. But we both laughed about it.

She said a lot of cheesy things now that I think about it.

"Can you grab the Oreos please before you come in here."
"Of course, do you want me to rub your feet too?"

She laughed, but I was actually being serious. During dinner she mentioned how she was on her feet all day, getting things ready for her grand opening.

As I make my way to her plush blue couch I grab the Oreos off the counter.

"You're so silly." She reaches up to grab the Oreos from me. I sit down lifting her feet from the vacant spot on the couch then rest them on my lap. "Tyler, you don't actually have t-"

"Shhh," I take off her socks. Reveling her gold ankle bracelet, and perfectly manicured neon pink toe nails.

I chuckle. "Cute"
"What? It's one of my favorite colors. Plus it's summer time. I needed another color other than white."
"I like it." I say squeezing the soles of her tiny foot.
"What size shoe do you wear anyway?" I compare my hand size to her foot.

"I could 100% break your foot with this hand right now. If I wanted."
"Well it's a good thing you don't want too." She says laughing. "I can wear a lot of sizes. If it's in kids shoes then a 6, women's 7 1/2-8"

I begin to laugh. As I continue massaging her feet. She breaks the seal of the Oreos.

"You want?" I nod as she points to the pack.
"You'll have to feed it to me."
"All long as you keep rubbing, I'll do anything."

I quirk an eyebrow up in her direction.

"Oh get your mind outta the gutter."
"Aye. I ain't say nothin."
"Just open yo mouth boy."

We continue to talk for what seemed like hours. Just talking about everything. My time in Miami, hers. What'd I'd be doing if I weren't in the NBA. What I plan to do afterwards.

If all else fails, she is genuinely just a cool down to earth person. Take away all the physical attraction. I'd vibe with her in anyway.

"Thank you for coming T. I really enjoyed your company."

She pulls me into a hug. Wrapping her arms around my neck. I take advantage of the moment again to breathe in her delectable scent. Running my hands along the curves of her waist.

"Fasho, so when ima see you again?" I say pulling away looking at her eyes.
"You not wasting no time I see." She says giggling. "But I can make room in my schedule for you."
"Don't keep me waiting too long."
"I won't." She opens the door for me as we say our final goodnights.

I just about skipped to my car with joy like a lil ass kid. But I don't care. Word to Ariana Grande. 'I see it, I like it, I want it...I got it.'

A/N; sorry y'all for such slow updates on this story. Ugh 😩. I genuinely enjoy writing Tyler, and Alinas story. But I don't feel like it's the most interesting.

Not that the votes really dictate my writing. But when I as a writer don't see many interactions with a story I assume it's not good; or nobody is enjoying it.

But I'll continue to write. I hope y'all do like it. I like to take my stories slow. I don't like to lead right into smut etc. so hopefully y'all good with that. And if you're not 🤷🏾‍♀️.

Anyways please leave some in line comments, and votes, just feedback in general. Ok I'm done talking. Sending y'all all the love 🧿

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

268K 15.6K 38
𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 & 𝐈 .. (2 books in 1)
105K 3.8K 41
( 𝗠𝗔𝗚𝗜𝗖 𝗖𝗜𝗧𝗬 ) , in which tyler finds the woman of his dreams in the most unexpected place. the city of magic. tyler herro + blackfem
Involved Από HayesDaBaee

Ρομαντική

169K 6.3K 21
KILLIAN MARTINEZ. D1 basketball player a part of a morally questionable fraternity. When given the challenge to make someone fall in love with him as...