My Cowboy, My Hero

By Sara_Elizabeth1990

As one of Georgia's most successful ranchers, Rhye Collins doesn't have time to even consider dating, but tha... More

My Cowboy, My Hero
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chaptr Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Back to School
Dumb and Dumber
Chapter Forgiveness
Strong

Chapter Nineteen

35.2K 791 52
By Sara_Elizabeth1990

The Next Morning:

Max

Max smiled when he peaked in on Lexi. She was still sleeping and he couldn't help but admire how innocent she looked, you never would have imagined she acted as the Great Houdini last night. He pulled the door shut and headed into the kitchen. He needed some coffee. He was surprised to find Tyler and Taylor already up.

"Good morning." they mumbled.

He chuckled. "Still feeling tired from last night?" he taunted.

Both men nodded as they gulped their coffee.

"So, what exactly did you do to make my Lexi run away last night?" Max teased Tyler.

"Why did I have to do something? How do you know she just isn't a delinquent?" Tyler tried to argue back, but the way his upper lip pulled into a smile showed he wasn't serious.

"You like her, don't you?" Taylor questioned.

" I...I.." Tyler trailed off, suddenly looking unsure of himself.

"It's okay if you do Tyler. Heather wanted you to move on." Taylor assured him, but Tyler still looked pained.

"I can't imagine how you feel, but I know, without a doubt, Heather would have wanted you to continue living." Max encouraged.

Tyler nodded. "I know she did and I do like Lexi." he admitted to himself.

"She is a sweetheart." Taylor commented.

Max nodded. "She has only been in my life for a few days, but I can't imagine my life without her."

Tyler and Taylor nodded.

"What do you two have planned for this morning?" Max asked.

"Nothing."

"Come eat breakfast with Rhye, Cat, Kat, Lexi and I.." he asked. He wanted her to get used to Tyler and Tyler to understand his feelings for her.

"That sounds fun." Tyler said agreeing.

"We are going to go to an amusement park after, you guys should tag along."

Their conversation was interrupted when Lexi appeared at the kitchen door.

"Hey kid." Max teased as he slid his chair back.

She walked over and climbed into his lap. "Did you sleep good?" Max asked.

She nodded and rested her head on his shoulder.

He chuckled. "Are you still tired?"

She nodded again.

"How about some breakfast?" Tyler said as he pushed back from the table.

She shook her head. "No thank you." she mumbled.

"Lexi, you didn't eat dinner last night. You have to eat some breakfast." Tyler reminded as he moved around the kitchen.

Max chuckled to himself. He knew it would take time for Tyler to learn to care for someone again, but he had a feeling it would be a great show in the process."

--------------------------------

Rhye and Katrina

"Good morning baby girl." Rhye said as he pulled the covers off of Katrina.

"Cold." she whined.

"Is the Birthday girl cold?" he teased.

"Yes." she pouted.

He reached down and scooped her up. "How about some breakfast?" he asked, as he smiled at her pink Minnie Mouse pajamas.

She nodded and snuggled into him.

"What would you like?" he asked.

"Chocolate cake." she suggested.

"Cake?" he laughed.

"It's my birthday." she pouted.

"Well, I suppose it is." he said as he stroked his chin like he was thinking. He had already planned to take her to a local bakery for breakfast.

"How about we go to Rolling In Dough?" he asked.

She nodded excitingly.

He set he back on the bed. "Get dressed then." he said.

He walked out of the room and turned back quickly. The sudden movement caused her to jump and look at him expectantly.

"I forget my kiss." he mumbled as he lowered his head to hers. He brushed his lips against hers with the gentleness of a butterfly. She leaned in wanting more and she felt him smile against her lips. He moved his hands to cup the back of her neck and pulled her closer. After a moment he pulled back. "Get ready love." he whispered as he left the room. She watched his back as he retreated, leaving her sitting in her bed. "I need another kiss. It's my birthday!" she yelled.

"Get dressed first little love!" he sang back.

She quickly shook her head and began her routine. She decided on wearing a dark wash pair of skinny jeans and a green American Eagle sweater. She left her hair down, but used the curling iron to enhance her curls, like Caitlin had showered her. She also did her makeup like she had been taught. She smiled when she was finished. She felt really pretty. She walked into the kitchen and grabbed her cowboy boots from beside the door. She waited patiently on Rhye, but he was taking a really long time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhye stepped out to the barn so he could speak to Joe without any little ears hearing.

"Hello?" Joe grumbled into the phone.

"Well good morning to you too sunshine."

Joe chuckled. "Good morning Boss."

"I am taking Kat to Rolling In Dough. Do you want to meet us there?" Rhye asked.

"Yeah!" he exclaimed, warning Rhye's heart.

"Alright, meet us in about half an hour."

"Alright Boss." the older man said as he hung up.

Rhye would be glad when Joe and Katrina would be introduced as father and daughter, but Joe had asked that Rhye give Katrina time to adjust to him being around, so Rhye had agreed. He felt like he was keeping something he shouldn't from Kat, but he also felt like it wasn't his place to give her the news.

He headed back inside and smiled when he saw Kat reading his Bible at the table.

"Whatcha' doing Love?" he asked.

"Reading your Bible." she said with a timid smile.

"What were you reading?" he asked.

"Psalm 73:24."

"That is a beautiful passage." he said as he bent to kiss her head.

"You look beautiful." he added.

"Thank you." she giggled.

"I am going to ask Caitlin if she wants to come. I will be right back ok?" he said.

"Can I ask her?" Kat asked.

Rhye smiled. "Of course Darlin'. I will get dressed then." he said as he headed towards the master bedroom.

After she finished praying Kat ran down the hall and pushed open Caitlin's door. She jumped on the bed and laid on top of Caitlin.

"Good Morning!" she yelled, causing Caitlin to roll of the bed and onto the floor.

"Ow!" she whined.

"Wake up and get dressed! We are going to Rolling In Dough!" she sang.

Caitlin reached up and threw a pillow at Katrina. "You are so mean."

Katrina giggled causing Caitlin to start giggling as well.

That was how Rhye found them both. They were sitting on Caitlin's bed laughing.

"What's so funny?" Rhye asked them as he flopped on the bed.

"Your fiance is abusive!" Caitlin declared, making Kat break out in a fresh bout of giggles.

Rhye laughed and ruffled both their heads. "Get ready!" he commanded Caitlin.

"Arf Arf." she said as she giggled.

Kat giggled too and Rhye rolled his eye's.

About fifteen minutes later they were all loaded in Rhye's pickup and headed to the bakery.

"Are you happy about turning nineteen?" Caitlin asked her.

She shrugged. "It doesn't feel any different."

"Yeah, I didn't thinks so either."

"What did you do on your birthday?" Kat asked.

"We went ice-skating and then we went to see.. Heather's grave." she said.

Katrina nodded and patted Caitlin's knee, but she didn't ask any more questions, until they pulled up at the shop.

"Is that good Max's truck?" Kat squealed.

"Yes baby." Rhye said as he helped her into her chair.

"That means Lexi is here." Caitlin sang.

Ryhe chuckled as they walking into the shop. The smell of freshly baked cookies and pies met his nose, making his stomach growl.

They quickly located the table where everyone was and waved to everyone. The wave was returned by everyone but Lexi and Tyler were in a close conversation.

She was shaking her head.

He had a gentle look on his face, but she looked really nervous. He noticed Max was ordering and his heart went out to Lexi. She seemed so scared.

Rhye thought Tyler must have noticed too, because he sent her a gentle smile and stood from the table.

______________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 17.5K 62
A down to earth cowboy with a past is thrown into the supernatural world, when he falls for a vampire who has demons of his own. Daryl's a bullfight...
895K 33K 41
Wade smiled at her, and their eyes met. Aubrey held her breath as she studied his sapphire eyes, so deep and so bold. If only they didn't look as if...
223 44 42
Sadah is hiding many secrets,thoughts and mysteris in her head.And fortunately she want's nothing to do with anyone except study and keeping her moth...
1.2K 98 17
"I wanted you Lily Rose. You were all I ever wanted. You were the girl I loved." Wanted, loved. Past tense, in the past. No more. He didn't love her...