๐•‹๐•’๐•ž๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•˜ ๐•‹๐•™๐•– ๐”น๐• ๐•˜๐•˜๏ฟฝ...

By m2004alu

[SHORT STORY] People say curiosity kills But don't forget it can be a virtue too. ~~~Krist held his hand tig... More

Note*
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
โ™กโ—‡โ™ก

CHAPTER 10

21 6 1
By m2004alu

The sunshine struck Lily's face and she opened her eyes. The morning looked bright;  no clouds hovered in the sky. She got out of the bed and dashed to get ready, her clothes had been kept set beside her bed. 

Lily put on her jacket, took her packed bag, and left downstairs. She sat on the chair in the dining room.

Techna rang the bell and aunt Roslina went to open the door.

"Morning Aunt Roslina", greeted Techna and Nance.

"Morning girls, come in, Lil's having breakfast", said Roslina.

Techna and Nance got in. They joined Lily at the table. Roslina served them hot chocolate, she then packed sandwiches and gave it to Lily.

"Here are some sandwiches, have them."

"Thanks, Rose", said Nance.

Roslina smiled and went back to the kitchen. Peter, Andy, and John were playing in their room. Uncle was busy gardening his ever-growing bushes. You can find diverse plants in the backyard. During weekends uncle usually does things like these, later the family goes out for fishing or to the nearby beach. Lily does join them but she likes hanging out with Techna and Nance.

"Lil, I had booked the bus tickets online, we have to reach at the bus stop by 10:40", said Techna.

"You booked, good so that time is saved ", said Lily.

After about twenty minutes they left the house. They had to walk fifteen minutes to get to the Pentaville town bus stop. By 10: 50 the bus arrived and they got in. 

"Hope the bus doesn't take much time to reach", Lily said and texted her aunt they have taken the town bus.

"Yup", Techna replied and put her earpods on.

Nance and Lily babbled on.

Lily's mind wanders as she speaks. Did she take the wrong decision, venturing after Krist, what if he is a thief, a scoundrel? Anyway, she was going to find out.

The bus came to a halt after forty minutes. The three got out at the Citadelbay Town bus stop. They don't have the slightest idea where they can find Krist. They decided to walk through the streets for some time and then head towards the town Post Office.  

"Do you think we can get Krist's address if we go to the Post Office?", asked Nance.

"Hope ", Techna shrugged.

"What if he doesn't have any contact with the Post Office, don't you remember from the school they said Krist was using fake documents", asked Lily.

Techna and Nance looked bewildered as if they realized something all of sudden and Techna was the one who threw it out,

"What if he's not from Citadelbay?"

Lily paused and then it hit her. Techna was right, what if Krist made up the story that he's from Citadelbay.

"Let's just walk around and ask some people if they know a guy named Krist?", Nance said and walked forward.

Lily's heart sank and she felt frustrated for bringing her friends and ruining their weekend.

The three continued to walk. They met a teenager, he looked like he was their age. Techna looked at Lily as if asking for an agreement.

"Hey... do you know a guy named Krist, he lives here somewhere?", Techna managed not to sound stupid.

The guy raised his eyebrow and finally said," Krist... I don't know ; what's his last name?"

Techna looked at Lily and Nance.

"His family works at the Post Office", Lily said though she knew what she said was utter rubbish.

"Sorry girls I don't know", the guy said and walked away.

Lily stared at Techna and Nance and nodded her head in disappointment.

"Let's walk", said Techna.

Time went by as the three walked through the streets. They stopped by to ask a few people, but nobody knew a boy named Krist. Their hopes dwindled as they passed each intersection of the town. They stopped by to eat their sandwiches and bought three drinks from a cafe. The time was  2:00 P.M already. Techna looked at her phone and said the last bus back to Pentaville was at 5:00 P.M. They agreed to return on that bus. 

They passed the Post Office but didn't get in, they knew it was useless. 

Forty-five minutes passed and now they stood in front of a Children's park. They decided it was better to erase the memory of Krist and head back. Lily felt desperate but her friends cheered her up, after all, they had a great time, got to know a new Town. Lily took out her phone and texted Aunt she'll be back by 6:00. They watched the kids playing cheerfully in the park.

They turned away from the Park and started to walk, just then they heard someone calling Lily's name.

"Lily..? Is that you?"

Lily, Techna, and Nance turned back.

Their eyes widened, Lily's face turned bright.

"Krist ?", asked Techna, her eyeballs were about to pop out.

"Yes Techna, how did you guys get here?", Krist was surprised and looked so happy.

"Who the ...?", Techna burst out angrily.

"Calm down Tech, let me explain", Krist said and moved close to Lily.

"Thanks for coming, I thought I'll never see you again."

Lily smiled and asked, "What is this all about Krist?"

"Follow me, girls I'll explain everything to you", Krist said and started to walk; the three girls followed him.

"Is your name Krist ?", Lily asked, her eyes longed for an answer.

Krist sighed and started:

"My name is Kristen Shaw and I don't belong to a family of Post Office employees, my dad is Derick Shaw a former basketball champion. My mom .. she passed away when I was eight. Yes, I live in Citadelbay; my home is just around the corner. The guy I said was my dad when I was in Pentaville, he's not .., he's one of my dad's friends. I came to Pentaville to steal the Warrior's Cup."

The three girls stared at him stupefied.

"Don't stare you heard me right. The story that I told you about the cyber gang .. actually it was not my dad who those people threatened, it was just an incident that happened a year ago, we have nothing to do in it. When you three found out that I was the one who tried to break in, I just narrated to you the incident replacing the actual people with mine and dad's name. I tried to break into the security room to turn the surveillance camera off so that I can enter the Hall of Fame without being seen and I did enter the Hall of Fame and take the well-known possession of your school. As we didn't know how long it will take for me to steal it, my dad's friend played the role of Head P.O, and we moved into the town as father and son. My job was over but as you three saw me I had to get out of the town, and of course, the cops found out about the scam. So I returned back to my town and dad's friend stowed away to Australia."

Lily, Techna, and Nance wondered how he could say all these things effortlessly.

"How can we believe you Krist.. again?", asked Nance.

"You will soon", Krist said and he looked at Lily.

Lily had sorrow in her face and she gazed at him blankly.

"Don't start hating me Lil", Krist's eyes pleaded.

"Why did you steal?", Lily asked.

_____________

TO BE CONTINUED...

The next chapter will be the last one!!

This will be a short story with just 5 chapters.

Don't forget to vote and comment your opinions...

                                             :)                       ;)                     :-)       

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 117 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
104K 3.8K 44
"put two fingers inside of you and go fast with them." i slipped two fingers inside my pussy and let out a sound of satisfaction. my fingers moved s...
The Painting By Col

Mystery / Thriller

133K 8.7K 94
"It took me five seconds to fall. The impact on my chest jarring my body but not my mind. I suppose this is the point where your life is supposed to...
14.3K 1.1K 34
"What's wrong with you?" I asked, finally tired with his annoying stares. "What's your deal with Lucas?" He asked back, gritting his teeth. Geez what...