Fated

By JaideHarley

****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her... More

Introduction/Prologue: Kidnapped
Chapter 1: Missing Beta
Chapter 2: Versatility of Beauty Products
Chapter 3: My Bad Ass
Chapter 4: Green Eyes
Chapter 5: Outsmarted
Chapter 6: Always a Bridesmaid
Chapter 7: On the Hunt
Chapter 8: Man of Honor
Chapter 9: Soulmates
Chapter 10: Dreaming of Him
Chapter 11: Bringing Her Home
Chapter 12: Awkward Beginnings
Chapter 13: Plus One
Chapter 14: Strange Connections
Chapter 15: Answers
Chapter 16: Jealousy
Chapter 17: Boyfriend
Chapter 18: Weak For Him
Chapter 19: Made For Her
Chapter 20: A Challenge
Chapter 21: Best Friends
Chapter 22: Secrets
Chapter 23: Rogues
Chapter 24: Secrets
Chapter 25: Take No Shit and Give 'em Hell
Chapter 26: It's A Wolf Thing
Chapter 27: The Human Way
Chapter 28: Pack Bond
Chapter 29: Spells
Chapter 30: Not So Different
Chapter 31: The Pre-Date
Chapter 32: The Date
Chapter 33: The Meeting
Chapter 35: The Rescue
Chapter 36: Just A Scratch
Chapter 37: A Natural Luna
Chapter 38: Need you
Chapter 39: Prepared
Chapter 40: Afraid of The Dark
Chapter 41: The Fight
Chapter 42: I Am Yours and You Are Mine
Epligoue: Complicated

Chapter 34: Hostage

55.8K 2.6K 849
By JaideHarley

Addie POV:

I felt nervous for the meeting at first but when Xander put the attention on me, every single person in that room easily gave me just as much attention as they'd been giving him before we started. It seemed to truly not matter to them that I was getting us started and Tess told me it wasn't just because of the Luna thing but also because the dinner really helped make them feel confident that I knew when to make a good call, even if it meant arguing with Xander.

It was kind of awesome. I tended to take leadership roles pretty easily when I was in school but this was way better because it wasn't a terrible group project where one person did the work and everyone else sucked. They all had parts to play and all led different parts of the pack without seeming to slack. Xander was right, it was like we were a whole body working together.

If I didn't have it bad for Xander before, I certainly did after that. He seemed so dominant a lot of the time so I expected pushback when I told him I wanted to do the talking so I would actually be able to keep up with what was happening. Instead, he seemed incredibly happy about it and only chimed in when there was something I didn't know or something I forgot about but he didn't talk over me or interrupt me. Not once.

He'd never been sexier.

It was apparently his turn to lead a run after the meeting so he grudgingly left after giving me a kiss that left me aching something horrible. I swear he knew what he was doing before I even saw the stupid smirk on his face as he ran out the door.

I headed downstairs after he left because I had nothing else to do and walked in on Kaden on the couch in the weirdest position. I paused in the doorway and tilted my head but he seemed too into the book he was reading to notice me. He laid with his back on the seat cushions and his legs over the backend of the couch, his head hanging upside down off the edge with the book in front of his face.

"Why are you laying like that?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He slowly lowered his book and tilted his head to the side, I guessed because he was looking at me upside down from this position unless he tilted his head. He didn't answer right away, just assessed his position then shrugged, letting his legs fall into the couch and sitting upright like a normal person.

"It's a valid question but I really don't have an answer," he grinned, marking the page in his book and setting it down. I raised an eyebrow questioningly and walked in, sitting in the loveseat next to the couch. "Sometimes when I start reading I just end up in weird positions," he said, scratching the back of his head. "It's not a conscious decision."

"I see," I giggled, crossing my legs and leaning back in my seat. "So you like the same kinds of books Xander does?" I asked, nodding to the cover which looked like some alien planet and a spaceship on it.

"Yeah," he nodded. "We've been passing books back and forth since we were kids. Do you read?"

"Not much," I shrugged. "I'm more of a binge TV shows kind of person. Who plays?" I asked, nodding to the guitar in the corner.

"I do," he said, grinned. "You like the guitar?"

I nodded and his smile widened as he hopped up and grabbed the guitar before plopping down on the couch.

"Oh Goddess," Tess groaned, walking into the room and plopping down next to me. "Don't encourage him. He'll never stop singing," she said, rolling her eyes.

"I have a delightful voice," Kaden defended, strumming the guitar.

"You have a mediocre voice," Tess shrugged. "You're going to regret bringing this up. He'll never stop," she said, nudging me with her elbow.

"Stop!" Kaden sang with a loud strum. "Hammer time."

"Don't do that!" Tess said, throwing a pillow at him. "Seriously, don't even speak," she said, giving me a side-glance. "He'll just turn anything you say into a song."

"This is the song that never ends," Kaden sang while he played the guitar. "Yes it goes on and on my friend."

"No!" Tess groaned, covering her ears.

"Nah to the ah to the no no no," Kaden sang.

Tess threw another pillow at him and I giggled, watching them bicker back and forth. Yeah, it was definitely a sibling kind of bickering. There was a strong sense of familiarity there you only saw with siblings.

Gina walked in and barely dodged the pillows Kaden and Tess were throwing back and forth at each other while I curled into the opposite end of the loveseat and just watched from a safe distance. She rolled her eyes and came over next to me, crouching down and holding up two boxes. I'd asked her about getting me silver bullets so I could protect myself and not feel helpless like I did at the wedding. Apparently she was the one that handled any kind of weaponry they needed including stakes and crossbows with wooden arrow heads. In fact, she apparently made most of all of it herself in a warehouse a few miles west which she promised to show me some time.

"So I didn't have hollow-point bullets but I do know how to make them out of regular bullets," she said, opening the box to show me. "It wasn't too difficult. I tested them out to make sure they were right. It's a pretty clever idea to use hollow-points, I never even thought of that," she said, tilting her head to the side. "What gave you the idea?"

"Well, it's the lingering silver that gives you problems right?" I asked, picking up the box from her hands as she nodded in confirmation. "Once Kaden wasn't in those chains anymore, he was able to heal relatively quickly but Felipe was in trouble because he was injected with it. The hollow-point solves the problem of it exiting the body and allowing faster healing because it'll stay in the body instead of going through."

"Why do you know so much about bullets?" Tess asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, should we be worried?" Kaden asked, hiding behind a pillow.

"My mom," I laughed. "And no. You're good. Just don't piss me off," I teased.

"I brought you a 9mm too," Gina said, holding up the second box.

"Oh, no thanks. I prefer to use my own gun," I said. "But Xander and I were talking about arming the wolves closer to the pack-house that can't defend themselves as well so they aren't helpless. Just the ones who are okay with it."

"Wait, you have a gun here?" Tess frowned.

"Seriously?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "You think I came to a house full of strangers unarmed?"

"Geeze," Kaden said, holding his hands up in surrender. "Don't get on her bad side."

"Nothing wrong with being prepared," I shrugged. "Anyway, please tell anyone that wants shooting lessons to come to me."

"I could do them with you if you want help," Gina offered. "I know my way around a gun too."

"Great, help would be nice," I smiled. "Thanks."

"You get what you needed, love?"

God, even just Xander's voice made my body tingle. I didn't even need to turn around to know he walked in and I probably shouldn't because I noticed he left the house shirtless.

"Yep," I nodded.

"Need me to show you how to use it?" He asked, leaning over the couch on his forearms and giving me a little smirk.

"Do you even know how to shoot a gun?" I asked, turning in my seat to look at him. Just his face. Definitely not going to let my eyes drift down that bare torso. I had no self-control with him.

"Of course I do," he shrugged. "I'm pretty damn good at it, love. I could give you plenty of pointers."

"I don't need your pointers, you're not better than me," I scoffed.

"Wanna bet?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, sweetie," I cooed, setting my hand on his face. "You are so going to regret this moment."

"You sure you're as good as you think?" He challenged, a glint in his eye.

"I'm better than you can imagine," I teased, placing a kiss on his cheek.

His smile grew and he leaned over, pressing a quick kiss to my lips. "Goddess, you're perfect," he murmured against my lips.

I giggled and leaned back, pointing to the door. "Get your ass outside, I'm getting my gun. You can use the one Gina brought."

"You have a gun here?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"That's what I said," Tess snorted.

"Again, house full of strangers," I said, gesturing to the room.

"I'm going to have to side with Luna on this one," Gina said, straightening out and patting my back. "We knew she was smart from the beginning, I'm really not surprised."

"How is it of everyone in this room I've spent the least amount of time with Gina and yet she gets me?" I asked, holding my hand up.

"I got you girl," Gina said, smacking my hand as she walked out. "I'm getting targets and I'll meet you outside because I really just can't miss this."

"There won't be much to miss except Xander getting his ass handed to him," I shrugged, standing up and taking the long way around the couch so I wouldn't risk bumping into his stupid sexy body.

"Says the woman that can't even stand to be in arm's reach of me because I distract her too much," he chuckled.

"You just shut up and go outside," I said, shaking my head and heading up to my room.

I stepped into my room and got my gun out from its hiding place. Before I got out the door my phone started buzzing and I reached for it but then Xander's arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back against him.

"What are you doing?" I breathed, still hyper aware he was half-naked.

"Distracting you so I don't get my ass handed to me," he said, moving my hair aside and kissing my neck.

"Don't think being cute is going to get you out of this," I said, leaning back against him and tilting my head to the side so he had better access.

"Uh huh," he said doubtfully, placing a particularly hard and wet kiss against my neck.

My phone started buzzing again and with one hand I reached back, threading my hands through his soft hair and with the other I pulled my phone out of my pocket, seeing Travis's name flash across the screen. I got nervous how Xander would respond and at first he stiffened but then he continued kissing my neck, his hands slowly drifting up my stomach.

I bit my lip and breathed in deep so I could focus before I answered the phone. "Hey," I greeted, swallowing hard as Xander's hand grazed the underside of my breast. "How's Nevada?"

"Oh, he never made it back to Nevada. Did you, best friend?" A voice said and then I heard Travis cry out in pain.

I stiffened and nearly lost hold of the phone. Oh God, they had Travis.

"What's wrong?" Xander asked, circling around to face me, concern on his face.

I couldn't speak, just pointed to the phone as tears filled my eyes. Xander nodded and I leaned into him as the panic started creeping in. His arms wrapped tightly around me and I took a deep breath before speaking.

"What do you want?" I asked, only able to hold it together because of Xander's arms around me.

"I want to know if you're alone, Luna," the voice said.

Xander's hand came up, cradling my head. "It's okay," he said softly. "Breathe."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Just a minute," I said.

They knew Xander wouldn't leave me alone. It would be obvious to say I was alone. I waited a minute then swallowed hard before speaking.

"Okay," I said.

"Good girl," the voice cooed. "I want you at Knox Valley at one AM. There's a break in Xander's patrols in the Southeastern part of the territory that should allow you time to get out. I want you there and alone. If I find anyone else with you, your precious friend dies," the voice said and then I heard Travis cry out again.

"Okay! Okay! Don't hurt him," I choked, leaning into Xander's chest. He tightened his arms around me, resting his chin on my head. I needed that.

"Very good, Luna. I know you're chalk full of surprises so I'm warning you now, I will not mess around. If I smell a single wolf or even the scent of one on you recently, he will die. There will be no room for negotiation. Understood?"

"I understand," I whispered shakily.

A/N:

Heyyyy loves!! Don't hate me for the cliff-hanger *sheepish smile*. Sorry I haven't responded to you guys yet, life has been busy, but I promise I will! Your comments totally make my day a thousand times better <3 So let me know what you thought of this chapter!

So, how much do we just love Kaden?

What'd you think of the dynamics between everyone (Kaden and Tess, Addie and Gina)?

Travis has been taken, what do you think is gonna go down now?

Until Tuesday, loves! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 332 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
788 5 21
Everyone talks about how precious is the mate bond, how it is the most important thing in the life of a werewolf, and how it should lead us, shape...
178K 5.7K 41
I was screaming even louder thinking I was going to die. But then I landed in somebody's arms. I reacted quickly and punched the guy in the face. He...
75.9K 2.4K 33
I feel his lips on mine like the were ment for each other.it feels like the whole world has been waiting for this moment and it's just us in this wor...