Fantasy Bakugou x Reader

By Belongs_To_Bakugou

◾ Cover Credit: Playboyforkatsuki ♡ ◾Art Credit: Lightning Strikes ◾ I do not own My Hero Academia ◾ or this... More

ᖘrologue
๏ Story Map & World Building ๏
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 10.5
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
🍋Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Important Question
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Side Story - Todoroki
Side Story - Shinsou
Side Story - Midoriya
Side Story - Toga
Side Story - Kirishima
Fantasy Hijinks: Preview
Fantasy Hijinks: Part One
Fantasy Hijinks: Part Two
Fantasy Hijinks: Part Three
Fantasy Hijinks: Part Four
Things to Address
Chapter 63

Chapter 47

24K 1K 4.1K
By Belongs_To_Bakugou

Tired.

Bakugou forced his eyes to stay open as his teeth chattered on their own, making him curse himself out in his own mind. He hadn't said a word since him and Midoriya had parted ways with Tsuyu and Mineta, but there wasn't much for him to say anyways. His mind raced with thoughts of you, the idea of the League being so close, Kirishima taking his time healing, and the general thoughts about his tribe looming overhead.

Deku mentioned the League sent him the letter about the festival, and it made sense. How could anyone have possibly gotten word to them about something that was happening so soon? Bakugou turned his head, glancing over at Midoriya and seeing the knight shivering as well, blood slowly dripping down his nose as he struggled to stay upright. Why did the League want Deku and that witch in Mirag? Was it because he was there? Because you were there? Bakugou sneezed and wiped his nose, muttering under his breath how tired he was of the cold air, and Midoriya let out a quiet chuckle.

"ѠЄ ДЯЄҋ't ҒДЯ ҒЯөӍ ℓДҋԌЅtөҋ, ѠЄ ЅӉөҴℓԀ БЄ tӉЄЯЄ Ѕөөҋ."

"ЅӉҴt Ҵҏ, ԀЄҜҴ. ҒөҪҴЅ өҋ ЅtДҰЇҋԌ ҪөҋЅҪЇөҴЅ."

Midoriya nodded and mimicked Bakugou, wiping his nose as his eyes widened from the blood left behind on his glove. The prince glanced over again, sighing and looking up to the moon. It was going to be setting soon, and the sun would rise behind them. He turned around, noticing that the sky was already beginning to form that deep red hue. His eyebrows furrowed, turning back around to face forward as he began to whisper.

"Sun...s- Sunrise. The sun, is rise. Me and (F/N) will hold hands, when the sun is rise."

He looked down at his hand, smiling softly before patting Kirishimas back roughly. When Kirishima wakes up, they can find you.

"Rising, Kacchan."

Bakugou winced and looked over, seeing Midoriya smiling weakly.

"ҰөҴ ѠДҋt tө ЅДҰ 'The sun is rising.' ЯЇԌӉt?"

"ҒҴҪҜ өҒҒ, ԀЄҜҴ."

"ДЯЄ ҰөҴ ℓЄДЯҋЇҋԌ ӉЄЯ ℓДҋԌҴДԌЄ?"

Bakugou pouted and looked away, gritting his teeth as Midoriya laughed a little louder, the sound quickly turning into a harsh cough.

"Ѕө ѠӉДt ЇҒ Ї ДӍ?"

"Їt'Ѕ ҪЯДѯҰ, tө tӉЇҋҜ ӉөѠ ӍҴҪӉ ҰөҴ'ѴЄ ҪӉДҋԌЄԀ, ҜДҪҪӉДҋ. Ї'Ӎ ЄӍБДЯЯДЅЅЄԀ tӉДt Ї ԀЇԀҋ't ЯЄДℓЇѯЄ ЅөөҋЄЯ. "

"ѠӉҰ ДЯЄ ҰөҴ tДℓҜЇҋԌ ℓЇҜЄ ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ЅөӍЄ ҜЇҋԀ өҒ ДԀҴℓt. Ї'ѴЄ ДℓѠДҰЅ БЄЄҋ ℓЇҜЄ tӉЇЅ...өЯ өtӉЄЯѠЇЅЄ, ѠЄ'ЯЄ БөtӉ ҪӉДҋԌЇҋԌ, ԀҴӍБДЅЅ."

Bakugou rolled his eyes and looked back at Midoriya, who was wiping more blood away from his lip. That...wasn't from their fighting. Midoriya looked back over to Bakugou, smiling again as his face grew paler.

"Ї ҜҋөѠ, Ї ҜҋөѠ. Ї ЈҴЅt ЯЄӍЄӍБЄЯ ѠӉЄҋ ѠЄ ѠЄЯЄ ℓЇttℓЄ ҜЇԀЅ. ѠЄ ѠЄЯЄ ЅЇӍЇℓДЯ, БҴt ҰөҴ ѠЄЯЄ ӍҴҪӉ ӍөЯЄ ДӍДѯЇҋԌ, ДҋԀ ДԀӍЇЯДБℓЄ."

Deku is so annoying. Bakugou trotted ahead a little further, making sure to be a few feet in front of Midoriya.

"Ї ЅtЇℓℓ ДӍ, Ї'Ӎ ЅtЇℓℓ tӉЄ БЄЅt Їҋ ӍЇЯДԌ, ДҋԀ Ї ДℓѠДҰЅ ѠЇℓℓ БЄ."

"ҰЄДӉ, ЅҴЯЄ ҜДҪҪӉДҋ."

There was silence for a moment, and Bakugou sighed, thinking in the quiet. He has to work with Deku, how many people have told him that by now. What would you have said? Bakugou slowed down, once again matching Midoriyas pace and staying at his side, rather than ahead of him.

"ӉөѠ ℓөҋԌ...ӉДѴЄ ҰөҴ БЄЄҋ tЯҰЇҋԌ tө ҒЇҋԀ ДҋөtӉЄЯ ѠДҰ tө ԌЄt tӉЄ ЅѠөЯԀ, ԀЄҜҴ?"

"...ЅЇҋҪЄ Ї ℓЄҒt ӍЇЯДԌ, Ї ԌҴЄЅЅ."

The knight looked to his right, staring at the tall grass that swayed along the dark hills. The horizon was hazy, but he knew he was staring in the direction of their home, squinting to try and clear his vision.

"Ї ЅtөҏҏЄԀ БЄℓЇЄѴЇҋԌ Їҋ tӉөЅЄ ЅtөЯЇЄЅ ҰЄДЯЅ ДԌө, БҴt өҋℓҰ ЈҴЅt ЯЄҪЄҋtℓҰ ӉДѴЄ Ї ӍДԀЄ tӉЄ ҒЯЇЄҋԀЅ tө ҏЯөѴЄ Дℓℓ tӉЄ tӉЇҋԌЅ Ї'ѴЄ БЄЄҋ tӉЇҋҜЇҋԌ. tөԀөЯөҜЇ ЄЅҏЄҪЇДℓℓҰ, ѠЇtӉ Дℓℓ tӉЄ ЇҋҒөЯӍДtЇөҋ Їҋ tӉЄ ҪДҏЇtДℓЅ ℓЇБЯДЯҰ."

He turned back to look at Bakugou, feeling his head fog as his vision spotted.

"ӉөѠ ℓөҋԌ ӉДѴЄ ҰөҴ БЄЄҋ ℓөөҜЇҋԌ? ѠДЅ Їt ЅЇҋҪЄ ҰөҴ ӍЄt (Ғ/ҋ)?"

Bakugou hesitated, looking down at Kirishima. Some of the redheads wounds were closing, some of the bruises even healing and discoloring faster than normal.

"ҋө...Їt ѠДЅ БЄҒөЯЄ tӉДt. Ї'ѴЄ ДℓѠДҰЅ ӉДtЄԀ tӉЄ ЅtөЯЇЄЅ ѠЄ ԌЯЄѠ Ҵҏ өҋ. ЅӉЄ ѠДЅ ЈҴЅt Д БДҪҜҴҏ ҏℓДҋ, Дt ҒЇЯЅt, Ї ԌҴЄЅЅ. Їt ԀөЄЅҋ't ӍДttЄЯ ДҋҰӍөЯЄ."

His eyebrows furrowed again as he frowned, listening to Midoriya sigh and nod in agreement.

"Їt ӍҴЅt'ѴЄ БЄЄҋ ӉДЯԀ, ҒЄЄℓЇҋԌ өБℓЇԌДtЄԀ tө ҒөℓℓөѠ tӉЄЇЯ ЯҴℓЄЅ, ДЅ tӉЄЇЯ ҏЯЇҋҪЄ."

"Ԁөҋ't ҒҴҪҜЇҋԌ ҏЇtҰ ӍЄ. Ї ԀЇԀ ѠӉДt Ї ѠДҋtЄԀ, ДҋԀ Ї ѠДѯ ҒЇҋЄ."

"ЅtЇℓℓ, ҰөҴ ԀЇԀ ЅДҰ Їҋ tӉДt ҪөҴҋҪЇℓ ӍЄЄtЇҋԌ tӉДt ҰөҴ ԀЇԀҋ't БЄℓЇЄѴЄ Їҋ tӉЄ ҏЯөҏӉЄҪҰ, Ї ѠЇЅӉ Ї ҪөҴℓԀ'ѴЄ ӉЄДЯԀ ӍөЯЄ өҒ ҰөҴЯ өҏЇҋЇөҋ."

Bakugou scoffed and shook his head, a small smile forming on his lips.

"tӉЄҋ ДЅҜ ҋөѠ, ԀҴӍБДЅЅ."

Midoriya didn't say anything, and Bakugou slowly turned his head, letting out a confused 'hah?' when he saw the knight slowly leaning forward. Suddenly, Midoriya slid off the side of the horse, scaring the animal as Bakugou shouted, quickly grabbing the reins and settling the animal down before Uraraka could fall.

"ө-өЇ ԀЄҜҴ!"

Bakugou slid off his horse, stumbling over to Midoriya and pulling the knights ankle out of the stirrup, noticing it twisted in a painful angle.

"Ԁ-ԀЄҜҴ ԌЄt tӉЄ ҒҴҪҜ Ҵҏ-"

Midoriya coughed and squirmed out of Bakugous hold, a small splotch of blood spitting out of his mouth and into the gravel. He smiled weakly, taking his map from his pocket and setting it next to Bakugou.

"Їt'Ѕ...ѠөЯЅЄ tӉДҋ Ї tӉөҴԌӉt. ӉЄЯЄ, tӉЄ ЯөДԀ ԌөЄЅ ЅtЯДЇԌӉt tө ℓДҋԌЅtөҋ. Ԍө tӉЄЯЄ, ДҋԀ ДЅҜ ҒөЯ ҰДөҰДЯөѯҴ ӍөӍө, ЅӉЄ'ℓℓ ӉЄℓҏ ҰөҴ."

"Ї Ԁөҋ't ЅҏЄДҜ ДҋҰөҋЄ'Ѕ ҒҴҪҜЇҋԌ ℓДҋԌҴДԌЄ ӉЄЯЄ! ҰөҴ ӉДѴЄ tө Ԁө tӉЇЅ-"

"ЅөЯЯҰ, ҜДҪҪӉДҋ..."

Midoriya grit his teeth, tears welling in his eyes through his smile. He glanced up at Bakugou, who glared back as the princes eyes widened.

"Ї ԌҴЄЅЅ Ї'Ӎ ЅtЇℓℓ tөө ѠЄДҜ."

Bakugou sat in silence, watching as his childhood friend passed out next to him, listening to the wind blow by as he groaned loudly in anger.

"...ԀДӍҋ Їt."

A noise from above him made him look up, and he watched as Uraraka came sliding off the horse too. He quickly laid down to catch her in time, grunting as she landed on top of him with a thud. Bakugou huffed and rubbed his face tiredly, carefully pushing the witch off of him and catching his breath.

"..ԀДӍҋ Їt!!"

Can it get any worse? He closed his eyes, cursing and whining in his head as a raindrop landed on his cheekbone. Blinking, he opened his eyes and shouted into the air, feeling his anger rise as it thundered and rain began to pour down onto him once more that night. Does it always rain this far South?!

"ԀДӍҋ Їt!"

Thunder boomed overhead, leaving the prince and the three unconscious bodies freezing in the early morning air. Bakugou laid there, angry as his lip quivered, and he quickly covered his face with his arms, crying as his cheeks reddened in embarrassment. Why was everything bad happening at once? Why the hell did Deku pass out? How the hell is he supposed to go to a city without anyone who spoke the stupid language?! He continued to lay there, shaking and digging his nails into the gravel at his side with his other hand, his breathing only growing heavier.

What was he going to do?

"You'll be okay."

His breathing slowed, sniffling quietly as he removed his arm from his eyes, picturing you next to him, smiling softly. Your words were quiet, almost inaudible as the tears and rain made his vision hazy.

"You're Prince Katsuki, you can do this."

He slowly lifted his arm, reaching over and swatting at the illusion of you. In the blink of an eye, you were gone, but your voice echoed in his ears, making him exhale slowly, before inhaling and sitting up, looking at the horses. He frowned, tears still falling from his narrowed eyes as he whispered to himself, his voice cracking with the thunder.

"Ї...Ї Ԍөt tӉЇЅ."

Bakugou staggered to his feet, readjusting his cape and pulling the hood over his head. He grabbed Midoriya and threw him over onto the horses back, grabbing Uraraka and doing the same thing. He took their things and slung them over his shoulder, pouting at the wet and stained map that Midoriya had taken out of his pocket. He shoved it in his own pocket, climbing back onto his horse and tying the reins of Midoriyas horse to his saddle, before starting a slow pace in the direction of Langston.

"Ї'Ӎ ҏЯЇҋҪЄ ҜДtЅҴҜЇ, өҒ ҪөҴЯЅЄ Ї Ԍөt tӉЇЅ."

He kept his eye on the two bodies passed out on the horse next to him, flipping Kirishima over to let the rain continue to wash his wounds and burns. The idea that they would be there soon was thrown away as their peaceful but fast pace was reduced to a walk so painfully slow, it only pissed him off more. He rolled his eyes, continuing to complain to himself as the rain pelted down on him. The sun was rising now, and he watched the sky as the dark red became lighter, turning into a deep orange and eventually a light yellow mixed with the morning blue. The moon was just barely visible in front of him, disappearing within the storm clouds as Bakugou huffed, talking to himself yet again.

"I...love (F/N). The sun, is rise...rising. (F/N) and me will hold hands when the sun...is rising."

He hummed to himself, his grip on the reins tightening as he continued.

"Langston. Yaoyarozu, Momo. Momo Yaoyorozu is in Langston. I can...get dressed- ҋө. ЅӉЇt."

The rain once again began to fade from a heavy downpour to a drizzle, and eventually to a light mist. Bakugous eyes were heavy, tired and pained and begging for sleep as he nodded in place, hitting himself now and again to stay awake. He continued practicing the foreign language, mostly whispering to himself about how he would hold you, how he would hold your hands, and how he would love you when the sun was rising. Kirishima didn't teach him any romantic phrases...he should ask when he wakes up. Bakugou squinted in the fog, seeing the shadowed silhouettes of towers far off in the distance. They were far, but they were visible, and that meant they were close.

He picked up the speed as best he could, stopping here and there to secure Midoriya and Urarakas limp bodies from once again falling off the horse. The poor animal whined and Bakugou mumbled for it to shut up, wincing as it huffed in his face, it's teeth getting dangerously close to his arm. The more they walked, the more detailed Langston became, and it sent a chill down Bakugous spine. It looked like a castle, a darker, more brutal, and less merciful castle than the one in the capital. The towers were taller in the back, growing shorter until they disappeared behind the tall blackstone wall that hid most of the city. This was a city?! It looks more like a prison.

Bakugou eventually came up to the gate, hearing something shouted down at him from above, and he squinted in the morning light and gentle rain to see multiple guards staring back at him. They shouted in their own language, and Bakugou shouted back, making them freeze in place.

"Ї Ԁөҋ't ҜҋөѠ ѠӉДt tӉЄ ӉЄℓℓ ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ЅДҰЇҋԌ, БҴt Ї'Ӎ ӉЄЯЄ tө ЅЄЄ ҰДөҰДЯөѯҴ ӍөӍө!"

They looked at him, mumbling something to each other before shouting to someone else, and Bakugou followed their gaze until he saw what they were looking at, making his eyes widen. From three of the higher towers surrounding the front gate stood armed guards wielding massive mounted crossbows, all aimed in one direction; at Bakugou. The horses grew nervous, stepping anxiously in place as the prince muttered for them to calm down, looking back up when he heard a word he understood.

"Mirag?!"

"Uh- Yes! Mirag!"

One of the guards shook their heads, pointing out to the open road behind Bakugou, shouting again.

"Leave, Mirag! You are not welcome! Don't make us use our weapons!"

"ӉДӉ?! ℓөөҜ, ℓЄt ӍЄ ЇҋЅЇԀЄ, Ї ҋЄЄԀ tө ЅЄЄ-"

A warning shot was fired off, making Bakugous horse kick up in fear, knocking him down into the gravel. Kirishimas body fell limp into the road, and Bakugou groaned, holding himself up by one elbow.

"First, and final warning!"

"Ї Ԁөҋ't ҜҋөѠ ѠӉДt ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ЅДҰЇҋԌ!"

Think, idiot. He racked his brain for anymore of the stupid foreign language, staggering to his feet as he tried to calm his horse once again. He picked Kirishima up, setting him back on the animal, staring at the redheads blank expression. What should he do? He thought about their lessons back in Mirag, the lessons with you, how you messed up the sounds and words that came so naturally to him. Think. Think. He could see them prepping another arrow, and he waved his arms, shouting again.

"No! Y-Yaoyarozu Momo! I, I need-"

He stopped himself, swallowing his pride as he shouted louder. He really was going to have to use it, wasn't he...

"Please! I need your help!!"

Suddenly, the front gates opened, and Bakugou panted, feeling his heart race as he held onto the horse for support. Maybe it was a good thing Kirishima taught him that. A taller girl with long black hair held up in a ponytail appeared in the entrance, her body encased in a thick fur cloak. She looked familiar, but from where?

"Bakugou? Bakugou Katsuki?"

"Yes, Yaoyarozu? I-I need your help. ԀЄ- ӍЇԀөЯЇҰД, ЇѯҴҜҴ. өҪӉДҜө, ҴЯДЯДҜД-"

He gestured to the other horse, thanking the Gods that it had remained calmer than his own and hadn't kicked the two off. The girl moved closer, holding her gloved and chainmailed hand up when the guards shouted something at her. Once she was within reach, Bakugou stepped aside, watching as her eyes widened in shock.

"Oh Ochako...Izuku. Come with me. ҒөℓℓөѠ."

Did she just give him an order? Oh Gods no. Bakugous eye twitched as she commanded him to follow her, leading the horses along as she ordered the doors to be opened for him as well. Inside the castle-styled city were even more grim and overgrown buildings. Was this place seriously inhabited? Most of the buildings didn't look liveable by the countries standards, more like storage bases, barracks, and stables. Bakugou felt the stares of everyone in the area glaring at him, and he pulled his hood back over his head. Was this how you felt in Mirag? Why did he feel so...weak?

Yaoyarozu led him into the center square, calling to a few others as they came and took Midoriya and Uraraka. One went to grab Kirishima, but Bakugou stopped them, only to be stopped himself by Yaoyarozu.

"Ѕtөҏ."

"ЇЅ Дℓℓ ҰөҴ ҜҋөѠ Д БҴҋҪӉ өҒ ҪөӍӍДҋԀЅ?"

The girl shook her head, shrugging slightly before calling someone over to take the horses away. Bakugou stood there awkwardly, watching his three traveling companions be taken away and left with only Midoriyas bag and Urarakas staff to look over. Yaoyarozu ordered him to follow her again, and he sighed, reluctant as he obeyed and followed her through another large set of doors.

"I have to apologize, my Mirag is terrible. Mina Ashido taught me a few things, but not enough to even consider myself knowledgeable with the language."

"Ї Ԁөҋ't ҜҋөѠ ѠӉДt ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ЅДҰЇҋԌ, Ѕө Їt'Ѕ ѠӉДtЄѴЄЯ."

Hearing his language made him figure what she was saying, but it wasn't enough to understand her. The way she spoke was careful, some of the words bigger and more complicated sounding than a normal commoner, making Bakugou pout slightly. What was she, a princess, like that half bastard? Maybe she can teach him more of your language? The girl led Bakugou down a long hall and into what looked like a study; bookshelves filled to the brim lining the walls, maps and parchments scribbled with information hanging everywhere. The desk in the middle was huge, making the black haired girl look small in comparison as she sat down behind it, offering the seat in front of her to Bakugou.

"Now, Mirag aren't really allowed...within Okamoto. However, I let it slide once the last time we met. I think I can help let it slide a second time, and possibly get your right of abode settled with the Capital."

She sighed, rummaging through papers and letters as Bakugou sat down lazily, still looking around the room.

"ДԌДЇҋ, Ԁөҋ't ҜҋөѠ ѠӉДt ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ЅДҰЇҋԌ, БҴt ℓЄt ӍЄ ԌҴЄЅЅ, Ї'Ӎ ҋөt ДℓℓөѠЄԀ tө БЄ ӉЄЯЄ?"

"Basically."

Hah? Bakugou sat up straighter, leaning closer as Yaoyarozus eyes slowly trailed up to meet his.

"ҰөҴ ҪДҋ ҴҋԀЄЯЅtДҋԀ ӍЄ?!"

"No, not really, but like I said, I know a few words here and there. I just assumed what you were saying."

Back to not understanding. The prince slumped in his chair, running his hand down his face as he sighed tiredly.

"Gods, where is she?"

Yaoyarozu hummed quietly to herself, readjusting the paperwork after finding what she had needed. She wrote carefully, her handwriting delicate, but more page filling than Midoriyas as Bakugou stared at the paper, slightly interested in what it was.

"ѠӉЄЯЄ ЇЅ ҜЇЯЇЅӉЇӍД?"

"Huh?"

"ҴӉ- Midoriya, Uraraka-"

"Oh, in the hospital. I'm having their wounds treated now. I'm guessing Kirishima is your partner?"

Bakugou shrugged and nodded, assuming she was asking if Kirishima was his friend. If Mirag aren't welcome here, dragons definitely aren't, so why bother correcting her? After a while, Yaoyarozu stood and stretched her arms, once again ordering him to follow her. Bakugou scoffed and kicked at the ground, but followed regardless, muttering under his breath.

"tДҜЇҋԌ өЯԀЄЯЅ ҒЯөӍ ЅөӍЄ ЅtЯДҋԌЄЯ, ДҋԀ Д ҒЯЇЄҋԀ өҒ ԀЄҜҴЅ ҋө ℓЄЅЅ. ѠӉДt'Ѕ ӉДҏҏЄҋЄԀ tө ӍЄ..."

Yaoyarozu led him down another hall and another door, which led to a long outdoor hallway. She called someone over, handing them the letter and nodding in another direction, before repeating Mina Ashidos name, pointing off down the hall. Her name was also familiar. Were these all people from that time you had been kidnapped? Which one was she...

Yaoyarozu called Bakugous name, ordering him to stay close as he walked behind her, and he rolled his eyes. Once they were through another archway and back inside the cold, empty building, Bakugou grabbed her arm, wanting to get her attention.

"өЇ, ЈҴЅt tДҜЄ ӍЄ tө ЅЄЄ ҜЇЯЇ-"

His sentence was cut off as Yaoyarozu quickly grabbed his shoulder, spinning her arm out of his grasp and pinning his arm behind his back. She shoved him against the wall and tilted her head, her eyes narrowed and cold, making Bakugou sigh quietly.

"Don't."

"өҜДҰ, өҜДҰ, Ї ӉЄДЯ ҰөҴ ℓөҴԀ ДҋԀ ҪℓЄДЯ. ҋөѠ ҒҴҪҜ өҒҒ."

He squirmed and easily brushed her off, but her eyes stayed firm, pointing in the direction they were headed in.

"Do you want to see your partner or not?"

Bakugou did what you had done so many times with him, and made a best guess, nodding quickly. Yaoyarozu sighed and beckoned for him to follow, but she didn't say anything else; no command, just a mumble under her breath.

"Bastard."

Bakugous eyes narrowed as he watched the back of her head, his gaze lowering to the floor as he sighed loudly, making Yaoyarozus eye twitch.

"Sawry."

Yaoyarozu turned her head, seeing the prince rubbing the back of his neck as he continued to avoid eye contact with her. She chuckled, shaking her head as she stopped in front of another door.

"The word is Sorry, but at least you've made an effort. I wonder if Midoriya was the one teaching you."

She opened the door, leading Bakugou into a room that looked similar to the one they had visited in the capital. Medical supplies and books everywhere, tables and beds lined along the walls as Yaoyarozu gestured over to the end of the hall-like room.

"Down there."

Bakugous eyes followed her hand, leaning over and smiling slightly as he saw Kirishima laying in one of the beds on the other side of the room. Bakugous walk turned into a run as he raced down the long room, brushing past what looked like multiple doctors and healers. Kirishima looked better than before; his eyes remained closed, but the wounds were now nothing more but scabbed over scars. Finally, he should wake up any hour now. Bakugou smiled and took Kirishimas hand, squeezing it tightly as he rest his head against both their hands.

"ԌөԀЅ, ҒЇҋДℓℓҰ."

"Your lover seems fine, just unconscious, but we've treated his healing wounds anyways. It's amazing, they look like they're healing in record speed."

One of the healers squinted, ruffling Kirishimas hair as something was poking out from the dirtied mess, but Bakugou quickly slapped their hand away.

"ℓЄДѴЄ ӉЇӍ ДℓөҋЄ."

"Bakugou."

Yaoyarozu stood over the prince, glaring down at him as he sighed, pathetically apologizing once more. She rubbed her temple and apologized further, questioning where Mina was with an irritated tone. Suddenly the door was thrown open, the bounty hunter shouting loudly as she yawned.

"SөrrҰ Mөmө! Ї was traЇnЇng wЇtӉ Ѕөme өf tӉe Ұөunger sөℓԀЇers. Ї can't БeℓЇeѴe Ұөu ℓet sucӉ cute guҰs Їn Ӊere...waЇt, БДҜҴԌөҴ?"

The pink tinted girl stopped in place, her dark eyes narrowing as the prince stood up. He recognized her from that day, she was the one who talked back to him. More than that though...she was Mirag. He knew she was, but why didn't he recognize her other than from that day? He thought as far back as he could, trying to remember a feisty pink haired girl, but he couldn't picture her at all. Maybe she was from a different tribe, but she was definitely Mirag. The girl scowled and marched towards them, reeling back and attempting to punch Bakugou in the face. Bakugou immediately threw his hand up, catching her fist as he glared down at her, Yaoyarozu calling for them both to stop. They continued to stare at each other, and Yaoyarozu sighed, apologizing to the healers and gesturing for the three of them to leave.

"Come, we can talk elsewhere-"

"Їs tӉis whҰ Ұөu caℓℓeԀ me here?! thЇs guҰ?!"

She glared back up at Bakugou and spit in his face, making the prince growl and let her go as he wiped his cheek.

"БЇtҪӉҰ ДЅ ЄѴЄЯ, Ї ԌҴЄЅЅ."

"ЄДt ЅӉЇt БДҜҴԌөҴ. ѠӉҰ tӉЄ ӉЄℓℓ ДЯЄ ҰөҴ ЄѴЄҋ-"

"Mina, please."

Yaoyarozus voice was quiet, but stern as she beckoned down the room towards the door. Mina waited for Bakugou to move first, crossing her arms as he rolled his eyes and followed Yaoyarozu out of the hospital room. They both followed the black haired girl down two more halls, and eventually up a large spiral staircase of one of the many towers. Mina continued to mutter quiet insults at Bakugou, the prince clenching his fists and ignoring her as they were led into another smaller library. Yaoyarozu offered seats to the two, sighing again tiredly when neither of them sat down. She removed her coat, shrugging off the cloak and taking off a few pieces of her armor, rubbing her wrists as she sat down.

"These never grow comfortable. Now, Mina."

"Ї'Ӎ nөt ҏuttЇng mҰ guarԀ Ԁөwn arөunԀ ӉЇm."

"Then don't, I do not care. I'm just asking for your help with translating."

Mina kicked at the ground and groaned, falling onto one of the sofas in the center of the room. After she did, Bakugou followed suit, sitting down carefully with his hands on his knees in front of her.

"ҒҴҪҜ ҰөҴ."

"ѠӉДtЄѴЄЯ. ҒЇЯЅt, tЄℓℓ ӉЄЯ Ї'Ӎ ЅөЯЯҰ ҒөЯ ҪДҴЅЇҋԌ ҏЯөБℓЄӍЅ, ДҋԀ tӉДҋҜ ӉЄЯ ҒөЯ tДҜЇҋԌ ҪДЯЄ өҒ tӉЄ өtӉЄЯЅ. ЅЄҪөҋԀ, tЄℓℓ ӉЄЯ Ї ҋЄЄԀ tө ЅtДҰ ӉЄЯЄ ҒөЯ Д ԀДҰ өЯ tѠө, ҴҋtЇℓ ҜЇЯЇЅӉЇӍД ѠДҜЄЅ Ҵҏ."

Minas eye twitched as Yaoyarozu asked for her to repeat it, and the girl groaned, translating what he had said with venom on her tongue. Yaoyarozu hummed and looked over at Bakugou, blinking in confusion before speaking quietly.

"He's demanding, but I'm surprised he apologized. The last time we met him he was so...aggravated."

"ҰeaӉ weℓℓ, Ӊe's a ԀЇcҜ-"

"Come on now."

"ДҋԀ tӉЇЯԀ, Ї ѠДҋt ӉЄЯ tө tЄДҪӉ ӍЄ ЅөӍЄ өҒ ӉЄЯ ℓДҋԌҴДԌЄ."

Mina whipped her head back to glare at Bakugou, cocking her eyebrow in irritation.

"ѠӉҰ tӉЄ ӉЄℓℓ ԀөЄЅ ЅөӍЄөҋЄ ℓЇҜЄ ҰөҴ ѠДҋt tө ℓЄДЯҋ tӉЇЅ ℓДҋԌҴДԌЄ. ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ҋөt ЇҋtЄЯЄЅtЄԀ Їҋ ҪӉДҋԌЄ."

"ДҪtҴДℓℓҰ Ї ҒҴҪҜЇҋԌ ДӍ. Ї Ԁөҋ't ҜҋөѠ ѠӉДt tЯЇБЄ ҰөҴ ҪДӍЄ ҒЯөӍ, БҴt Ї'Ӎ ҪӉДҋԌЇҋԌ tӉЇҋԌЅ."

Minas lip twitched and she dug her nails into her skin, growling under her breath.

"ДЅ ЇҒ. Ї ЯЄӍЄӍБЄЯ ҰөҴЯ tЯЇБЄ. tӉЄҰ'ЯЄ Дℓℓ-"

"БДԀ ҏЄөҏℓЄ, Ї ҜҋөѠ."

Mina didn't respond, muttering the translation for Yaoyarozu as she leaned back in the couch, acting like a child throwing a tantrum. Yaoyarozu hummed and got to her feet, moving over to the bookshelves around the room and dragging her delicate fingers across the books.

"He can stay; he's welcome for the time being. Once Izuku and Ochako are better, they'll have to take him to the capital to meet the King, he'll need his emigration badge, if he's offered the chance."

"Ӊ-Ӊe's ҏℓannЇng өn staҰЇng Ӊere? Їn өҜamөtө?! WӉҰ?!"

"Ask him, Mina."

"ѠӉҰ tӉЄ ӉЄℓℓ ДЯЄ ҰөҴ ҏℓДҋҋЇҋԌ өҋ ЅtДҰЇҋԌ Їҋ tӉЇЅ ҪөҴҋtЯҰ?"

"ѠӉДt? Ї'Ӎ ҋөt, Ї'Ӎ ЈҴЅt...tЯДѴЄℓЇҋԌ, ЯЇԌӉt ҋөѠ."

Mina repeated Bakugous words, and Yaoyarozu hummed again in response, pulling a book from the shelf.

"He's not? Well, he still needs official permission to stay here. Does he realize he's here illegally?"

Mina asked, looking back to Bakugou as he shook his head.

"Ї ѠДЅ ҜЇԀҋДҏҏЄԀ БҰ tӉЄ ҒҴҪҜЇҋԌ ℓЄДԌҴЄ өҒ ѴЇℓℓДЇҋЅ, өҒ ҪөҴЯЅЄ Ї ҜҋөѠ Ї'Ӎ ҋөt ДℓℓөѠЄԀ tө БЄ ӉЄЯЄ, БҴt Ї Ԍөt БЯөҴԌӉt БДҪҜ БҰ ԀЄҜҴ."

Hearing this made Yaoyarozu freeze in place, looking down at the ground as she thought things over. After a few seconds, she turned around and sat back in her chair, crossing one leg over the other and setting the book in her lap.

"I'm interested in that story, but I won't ask now, I'm already asking for a lot of information. Tell him I'll show him to where he can stay, and after I make my rounds, we can have a short language study."

Mina groaned and repeated after Yaoyarozu, getting up and stretching before glaring one last time at Bakugou.

"Їf tӉat's aℓℓ fөr nөw, Ї'm ℓeavЇng. Ї neeԀ tө gө traЇn sөme mөre, seeЇng tӉЇs assӉөℓe maҜes me want tө ӉЇt sөmetӉЇng."

"Thank you Mina, I know I asked for something extremely exhausting and troublesome for you."

The pink haired girl scoffed, apologizing to Yaoyarozu for her attitude, and she nodded, accepting her apology. Mina moved towards the door, grabbing the handle before stopping in place. She turned her head slightly, speaking quietly to Bakugou and making the prince cock his head back.

"Ї Ԁөҋ't ҪДЯЄ ѠӉДt ҰөҴ ЅДҰ ҋөѠ, ҰөҴ'ℓℓ ДℓѠДҰЅ БЄ tӉЄ ЅДӍЄ ДЅ tӉЄ ЯЄЅt өҒ tӉЄӍ."

"tӉЇҋҜ tӉДt tӉЄҋ, Ї Ԁөҋ't ҪДЯЄ."

With that, she opened and slammed the door, leaving Yaoyarozu to sigh and rub her temples.

"I wish she could stick around without getting so upset...it's impossible to discuss these topics with minimal understanding."

"ҜЇЯЇЅӉЇӍД ӉДЅ БЄЄҋ...ҴӉ, Kirishima, has help me."

Yaoyarozu looked up and over to Bakugou, watching as he tried to gesture and explain that Kirishima could also translate, and that he just needed to wake up. The girl watched him carefully, covering her mouth as she chuckled and apologized for laughing, before putting her armor and cloak back on.

"We can also work on your diction when I get back. Now, ҒөℓℓөѠ."

Bakugou rolled his eyes and kicked off the sofa, following Yaoyarozu as he rolled his shoulder boredly, stepping back down the stairs and into another hall. Everything looked the same. How the hell do people not get lost?! He couldn't find any tapestries or statues; he couldn't find anything that helped mark where they had been and where they hadn't. She pointed down the hall and spoke before opening the door to another room.

"Kirishima, Izuku, and Ochako are down there. You can stay in here."

Entering the room, Bakugou immediately felt his heart sink. The bed was average sized, but it was the only thing inside the room and it sat under the only iron barred window. Bakugou felt a chill run down his spine and he sighed, tossing Midoriyas bag onto the ground and setting Urarakas staff to lean against the wall. Yaoyarozu leaned in the doorway and coughed to get his attention, handing him the book she had bought down from the study.

"Read, it'll help you some. I'll be back later."

With that, she shut the door, leaving Bakugou in the dim lighting of a single candle sconce on the other side of the room. He looked down at the book, pulling his hood back up for warmth before sitting down on the ground under the candle, opening the book and turning the first few pages. It was Mirag, but it also wasn't. Was this your language? The pages were covered in translations, pronunciations, and definitions, making Bakugou smile softly. Until Kirishima wakes up, he has nothing better to do.

"ѠЄДtӉЄЯ...ЅҴҋ, өӉ, sun. Sunrise, sunset, sky, ЯДЇҋ...raein. tӉҴҋԀЄЯ...Thender, L-Lite..neen. tӉЇЅ ЇЅ ЄДЅҰ."

He read through the translations, priding himself in instantly knowing the words you and Kirishima had taught him before. He skimmed the book, looking for things he really wanted to learn, his eyes widening in excitement.

"ҒЄЄℓЇҋԌЅ. өҜДҰ ӉЄЯЄ, ℓөѴЄ. Love, ԀҴӉ. I love (F/N). ӉӍ, ӉДtЄ...Hate. I hate Deku. ӉДӉ."

Bakugou smirked, continuing down the list.

"ℓЇҜЄ...Like. I like...um, I like Uraraka. I like Kirishima. ӍөЯЄ ℓЇҜЄ tөℓЄЯДtЄ, ЅӉЇt."

His lips pouted, thinking about his dragon. He put his hand over his chest, inhaling deeply to focus on his connection with Kirishima. The redhead was still tired, but there was no longer any pain, and the lack of that feeling made Bakugou smile softly again. He was going to be fine. Should he go and check on them? He looked back down at the book, bending the corner of the page to mark his spot before shutting it and tossing it onto the bed. Staggering to his feet, he felt a wave of fatigue wash over him, and he shook his head, rubbing his eyes as he headed towards the door. Right as he went to open it, there was a knock, and he pulled the door wide open to see Mina Ashido, her arms crossed as she glared up at him.

"...БЇtҪӉ."

"ѠӉДt Ԁө ҰөҴ ѠДҋt, ҏЇҋҜҰ."

Bakugou stepped out of the room, forcing Mina to step back as she mumbled, shrugging her shoulders.

"Ї...ҪДӍЄ tө ДҏөℓөԌЇѯЄ. ДҋԀ ДЅҜ Д ѻҴЄЅtЇөҋ."

"tӉЄҋ ДЅҜ."

He pointed towards the end of the hall that Yaoyarozu had pointed to earlier, motioning for Mina to follow him. There was a silence between them, but Bakugou didn't say anything, waiting for her to speak up. Mina followed alongside the prince, still keeping her arms crossed and her guard up, but he only threw down his hood and ruffled his messy blonde hair, tired and too exhausted to think about fighting.

"ДЯЄ ҰөҴ...ѠЄЯЄ ҰөҴ ЅЄЯЇөҴЅ ѠӉЄҋ ҰөҴ ЅДЇԀ ҰөҴ ѠДҋtЄԀ tө ҪӉДҋԌЄ tӉЇҋԌЅ?"

"ҰЄДӉ, Ї ЅtЇℓℓ ДӍ."

Silence again. Mina thought for a moment, unsure of what to say next. Bakugou spoke up, his words stabbing into her like a knife as her eye twitched in anger.

"ℓЄt ӍЄ ԌҴЄЅЅ, ҰөҴЯ ДҏҏЄДЯДҋҪЄ ӍДԀЄ tӉЄӍ ҜЇҪҜ ҰөҴ өҴt?"

"ҰөҴ ЅДҰ Їt ℓЇҜЄ Ї ҪөӍӍЇttЄԀ Д ҪЯЇӍЄ-"

"tӉөЅЄ өℓԀ ЅӉЇtЅ ДЯЄҋ't ѠөЯtӉ ДҋҰtӉЇҋԌ. өҋҪЄ Ї'Ӎ ҜЇҋԌ, Ї'Ӎ ԌөҋҋД ҪӉДҋԌЄ ӍЇЯДԌ ҒөЯ tӉЄ БЄttЄЯ. tӉЄҰ'ℓℓ ҏЯөЅҏЄЯ ҴҋԀЄЯ ӍЄ."

Mina laughed, stopping in the hall as she pointed at Bakugou. He walked a few feet ahead, stopping in place and turning to face the pink tinted girl. She was really determined to piss him off, wasn't she?

"ДҋԀ ҰөҴ tӉЇҋҜ ҰөҴ ҪДҋ ҪөҋtЯөℓ Дℓℓ өҒ ӍЇЯДԌ? tӉЄЯЄ'Ѕ өtӉЄЯ ҜЇҋԌЅ, Їҋ өtӉЄЯ tЯЇБЄЅ-"

"tӉЄҰ'ℓℓ БЄҋԀ tө ӍЄ, Ї'ℓℓ ӍДҜЄ tӉЄӍ."

"ДҋԀ ѠӉДt ЇҒ tӉЄҰ Ԁөҋ't?"

"tӉЄҋ Ї'ℓℓ ҒЇԌӉt tӉЄӍ, ДҋԀ ҜЇҪҜ tӉЄЇЯ ДЅЅЄЅ."

Every jab and remark she had was answered in a heartbeat, as if he had planned this out for months, years even. Bakugou and Mina stared at each other for another minute or so in silence, before Bakugou turned and continued down the hall. Minas gaze fell to her feet, his hands balling into fists before she quickly followed after him.

"...ҰөҴ ЯЄДℓℓҰ ДЯЄ ЅөӍЄtӉЇҋԌ, ДЯЄҋ't ҰөҴ, БДҜҴԌөҴ."

"ҰөҴ ЅЄЄӍ ℓЇҜЄ Д ЅtЯөҋԌ ҒЇԌӉtЄЯ, tӉЄҰ ѠЄЯЄ ЇԀЇөtЅ ҒөЯ ЄӝЇℓЇҋԌ ҰөҴ."

The compliment hit her just as hard as his assumption did minutes before, and she laughed, cracking her knuckles with one hand. She was an amazing fighter; probably one of the best Bakugou would ever meet. They should spar. Mina sighed and held her hands behind her back, pushing past Bakugou as he opened the door to the hospital room.

"ЅҏЄДҜЇҋԌ өҒ tӉЄ ЄӝЇℓЄԀ, ѠӉЄЯЄ'Ѕ ҰөҴЯ ℓЇttℓЄ ҜЇҋԀДҏЄЄ?"

Bakugou clicked his tongue, looking away as he began to follow her now, down the room towards Kirishima and the others. He opened his mouth to speak, to correct Mina for disrespecting his feelings for you by claiming you were still a victim of kidnapping, but stopped when he thought about where you were...where were you?

"ЅӉЄ'Ѕ...ЅӉЄ'Ѕ ҋөt ҜЇԀҋДҏҏЄԀ, ДҋԀ ЅӉЄ'Ѕ ҋөt ӉЄЯЄ, Ѕө Ԁөҋ't ДЅҜ."

"ҒЇҋЄ, ҒЇҋЄ."

Once they were on the other side of the room, Bakugou sat down again near Kirishima, taking his hand and sighing as he held it against his forehead. Mina watched, slowly sitting down at the end of Midoriyas bed, her eyes following Kirishimas chest as his breathing was still slow and calming.

"ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ҪөҋҋЄҪtЄԀ ѠЇtӉ ӉЇӍ ЯЇԌӉt, ѠЇtӉ ҜЇЯЇЅӉЇӍД? ӉөѠ'Ѕ ӉЄ ԀөЇҋԌ?"

Bakugou huffed and glared over at Mina, making the girl roll her eyes as she sarcastically apologized. The princes gaze moved from her back to the dragon beside him, shaking his head.

"ҒЇҋЄ. ӉЄ ҒЄЄℓЅ БЄttЄЯ, ӉЄ'Ѕ ҏЯөБДБℓҰ ЈҴЅt ҴЅЇҋԌ tӉЇЅ ҪӉДҋҪЄ ҋөѠ tө ЅℓЄЄҏ ДЅ ӍҴҪӉ ДЅ ӉЄ ҪДҋ, ℓДѯҰ БДЅtДЯԀ."

Mina hummed and rested her hand on Midoriyas leg, smiling weakly as her eyes trailed over to Uraraka.

"Їt ӍҴЅt БЄ Ѕө ӉДЯԀ өҋ ЇѯҴҜҴ, ҪөҋҋЄҪtЇөҋ ЇЅ ӉДЯԀЄЯ ѠӉЄҋ Їt'Ѕ ҋЄѠ."

...What? Bakugou quickly looked over at Mina, and then at Midoriya. His eyes narrowed in shock, but also confusion, and slight irritation. Midoriya...Deku and that witch were...connected?

"..ӉДӉ?"

"ҰөҴ ҪөҴℓԀҋ't tЄℓℓ? ЇѯҴҜҴ ДҋԀ өҪӉДҜө ДЯЄ ҪөҋҋЄҪtЄԀ. ӉЄ'Ѕ tДҜЇҋԌ ЅҴҪӉ Д ӉДЯԀ ӉЇt ҒЯөӍ ӉЄЯ ѠЄДҜ ЅtДtЄ."

Mina purred the response, reveling in the fact that Bakugou didn't know something about someone he had grown up with. Weren't they supposed to be close? Bakugou stood up, letting go of Kirishimas hand as he moved around the beds, standing next to Uraraka with his hands on his hips. What was that bastard thinking?

"Ї ҒЄЄℓ БДԀ ҒөЯ tӉЄ ℓЇttℓЄ ѠЇtҪӉ, БЄЇҋԌ ЅtҴҪҜ ѠЇtӉ ЅөӍЄөҋЄ ℓЇҜЄ ԀЄҜҴ."

Mina scoffed and rolled her eyes, this time much more playfully and with less anger.

"ҜҋөѠЇҋԌ ӉЄЯ, ЅӉЄ ҏЯөБДБℓҰ ЇҋЅtЇԌДtЄԀ Їt."

How stupid of Deku. Bakugou sat down on the edge of Urarakas bed, his mind lost in thought. Why would he connect with an outsider? It's easiest with two people who know what it is, and it's hell for the first year, especially for people like them. Why would Deku do it in the middle of a war he wanted to fight so badly in? Bakugou rubbed his temples, glancing back over at Uraraka. She instigated it, hm? With Deku? Why?

"ӉДѴЄ ҰөҴ ЄѴЄЯ ӉДԀ ЅөӍЄtӉЇҋԌ ℓЇҜЄ tӉДt ӉДҏҏЄҋ?"

Bakugou shook his head, still trying to wrap his brain around the sudden realization. That's why Deku was so sick and why he passed out...

"ҋө, ҜЇЯЇЅӉЇӍД ЇЅ ԌөөԀ ДБөҴt ӉЇЅ ЄӍөtЇөҋЅ, БҴt ЄѴЄҋ ЇҒ ӉЄ ԌөЄЅ БЄЯЅЄЯҜ, Ї'Ӎ ДБℓЄ tө ӉДҋԀℓЄ ЅҴҏҏЯЄЅЅЇҋԌ tӉЄ ҪөҋҋЄҪtЇөҋ."

Mina hummed quietly and stood up, looking over to the door on the far side of the room as Yaoyarozu opened it quietly. The black haired girl slowly made her way down the hall, not hearing Minas insulting whisper.

"Ї ԌҴЄЅЅ Їt'Ѕ ҪДҴЅЄ ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ЅҴҪӉ Д ԀЇҪҜ, ҰөҴ'ЯЄ ҴЅЄԀ tө ҒЄЄℓЇҋԌ ҋЄԌДtЇѴЄ ЄӍөtЇөҋЅ."

"ѠДtҪӉ Їt, ҏЇҋҜҰ."

"How are you two doing? I'm surprised you're hanging around him without cutting his throat."

"өӉ trust me, Ї'm gettЇng tӉere."

"ѠӉДt ДЯЄ ҰөҴ ЅДҰЇҋԌ tө ӉЄЯ?"

Mina stuck her tongue out at the prince and Yaoyarozu chuckled, gesturing to follow her.

"Tell him to come with me, we'll start his first language lesson now."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.9K 2.7K 56
Bakugou Katsuki x Fem!Reader
7.1K 68 12
Fem. reader x Katsuki Bakugo My Hero Academia Fanfic ✨✨✨ (Y/n) wants more than anything to become a hero. But, she knows how hard it will be because...
32.8K 1.2K 26
Saeki Atsuhi has finally made up her mind! On her birthday, during Training Camp, she plans to confess her newfound feelings to Bakugo Katsuki. As bo...
141K 4.6K 37
What started off as a simple journey soon became a life threating choice. A young herbalist finds her curiosity getting the best of her as she discov...