Son of the Boss

By MB2697

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ His eyes seem to glaze over as something unsettling flashes across his face. I don't know what it is bu... More

R O L E P L A Y
San Diego
Alessio
New Girl
Crossfire
Chances
Morning After
Romano
Masquerade
Acceptance
Sweet Eighteen
Welcome Home
Omertà
Forgive and Forget
Brothers
Vendetta
You
Thirst
Promotion
New York
Betrayed
Secrets
Mine
Graduation
Promise
Leverage
Goodbye Friend
Traitor
RIP
Happily Ever After...?
Epilogue
Author's Note

Heartbreak

1.4K 40 7
By MB2697

O L I V I A

"I can't do this, Olivia. I just can't!"

"Kimberly, get a grip. You can't just NOT find out and possibly pop a mini you in 8 or 9 months."

She shakes her head, "My parents will kill me! Graduation will suck and Joe might hate me!"

I watch her as she dramatically falls backwards on her bed and tosses her hand over her face.

"You both agreed to have sex, so it's his responsibility as well." I point out.

"Thanks mom." She groans and rolls into the pillow."Just end my misery if you love me."

I laugh and slap her butt. "Let's just go get a test and figure this out."

"If Joe backs out will you be the dad?" She looks up with sad eyes. "I can't do this alone."

I smile softly, "Kimberly, I would love to be your baby daddy."

"Okay, fine. I'll do it, BUT you need to spill the news between you and Italian boy."

"What do you mean?" I ask and try to act confused.

"Don't lie. I know you have something going on now."

"I thought we did but I don't know anymore." I shrug.

"I'm your best friend, you can tell me." Kim says and moves to curl up into my side. "I'm here for you, Liv."

I smile and settle into her. Ready to spill out as much as I know I can.

"We were dating."

"Were?" She questions.

"Well...let's just say this girl I met from a party his family had showed up at the cafe and dropped a major news bomb."

What Monica said in the cafe stayed engraved in my mind. I couldn't get what she said out of my head all night.

None of it made sense. Alessio had seemed so disgusted by her.

Why would he be in an intimate relationship with her? Is that why he went to Italy?

Thinking about it hurt so much.

"What do you mean?" Kim asks.

"She said she's engaged to him and pregnant." I blink back tears.

I look back towards Kim who is staring at me wide eyed. "What in the fuck? Engaged to Alessio Romano? I honestly didn't think he had an interest in anybody until you showed up."

"Yeah...tell me about it." I sigh loudly.

"Is she from here?Or somewhere else?"

"No, pretty sure her family is a friend of the Romano's from Italy."

"And...you believe her?" She eyes me.

"How would you feel if someone said the same about Joe?"

She looks away," You never know..."

"He's not cheating," I argue."I told you he is crazy about you."

"I just can't shake the feeling."

"So ask, silly."

She glares, "Why don't you just ask Alessio about his alleged baby mama and fiance."

"Alessio and I don't have the same relationship like you and Joe have," I frown to myself. "It's...different."

"Just make sure you confront him at some point," Kimberly says. "You guys have something special...don't let that just slip away."

" Fine...only if we go get you a pregnancy test though."

She groans out dramatically at the thought but doesn't protest even as I drag her from the house.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

"What does any of this even mean? I just need to know if there is a gremlin in me."

I roll my eyes and snatch the box from her hands to read over the instructions.

"One line is negative and two lines is positive."

"So it doesn't say,"Congratulations! You're fucked!" That would be a lot easier." She groans out.

"Just take the damn test."

"I'm scared."

"Kimberly, you're eighteen years old. Take the damn test." I shove it back at her.

"You suck!" She shouts and goes back to the CVS bathroom.

I shake my head and look back at the shelves stocked with condoms and pregnancy tests.

Nice placement.

Aside from the cashier at the front and pharmacy technician at the back of the store we were the only two in here and I could tell the workers weren't too thrilled considering they are supposed to be closing soon.

After several minutes had gone by, I realized the cashier was watching me like I was ready to steal so I smiled back apologetically and knocked on the bathroom door.

"Kimberly?"

No response.

"Kimberly? Are you okay?" I ask through the door again.

There's a weird shuffle sound of feet before the door opens. She stands there with a blank expression.

"What?"

She bursts into tears and shoves it at me.

Two lines. Positive.

I pull her in for a hug, "It's okay, Kimberly! I'm here for you."

"I can't do this, Olivia. My parents are going to kill me!"

"They'll love you no matter what!" I assure her, "They care about you so much."

"What if this is a false positive?" She asks against my shoulder.

"Want to take another?"

She nods and wipes at her eyes. "Please?"

"Alright! I'll buy two more. Hang tight."

She hurries back into the bathroom and locks it behind her.

I turn and grab a few more of the tests from the shelves and head back to the front to have the employee ring them up.

"Olivia."

I jump as soon as I hear his voice behind me.

Alessio looks me up and down and leans casually against the shelf. His dark eyes look tired and his hair is a complete mess. I can tell that he hasn't shaved in days.

He's dressed in the usual faded jeans and leather jacket. Beautiful as always.

"W-what are you doing here?"

"I was in the area. How are you?"

"Fine."

His eyes land on the pregnancy tests. "You don't think you are-"

"Not for me." I cut him off.

"Kimberly?" He muses.

"It's private, Alessio."

"Have you been avoiding me, Olivia?" He asks softly. "I tried to call you last night when you got off from work."

"No, I've just been with Kim. You're always busy anyways."

He nods a little, "I know. I apologize for my absence."

"Sure," I roll my eyes and try to continue towards the front. "Some things never change with you, Alessio."

He catches my wrist and pulls me towards him. "Why are you being so difficult?"

"You have other things to worry about."

"What the fuck are you talking about, Olivia?"

"Monica."

He tenses up." Monica? What about her?"

"I saw her, Alessio."

"Where?"

"She came by my work."

"What did she say to you?" He asks and seems to be nervous.

"Don't play dumb."

He doesn't respond and looks away from me. The muscles in his neck twinge as he flexes his jaw in aggravation.

"That's what I thought,"I scoff and turn away again. "You're no different from any other asshole out there."

He moves quicker than me and within seconds I'm pinned between him and the pillar between the two isles. His mouth moves from my lips and down to my neck where he kisses the skin softly.

"Don't Olivia..."He begs.

"I can't do this."

"Please."

"You've caused enough pain, Alessio. " I push against him.

The words sting and hurt me too. I know I'm going to have to break his heart and to do so means I'll have to hurt myself in the process.

"Go be happy with Monica."

"Olivia, it isn't like that," He huffs angrily. "I don't want her."

"What's it like then? Please explain that."

"I want you."

"You are marrying her, Alessio!" I point a finger at his chest. "Why would you just marry someone you don't love?"

"Can we meet tomorrow and I'll explain?"

"I don't want anything from you."

"Olivi-"

I stop him. "No, Alessio! She's marrying you and is pregnant with your child. Go handle your business."

He freezes and looks at me as if I just slapped him in the face.

"W-what did you say..."

"PREGNANT! P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T," I spell it out slowly and tears roll down my cheeks. "She told me she's pregnant with your child."

His eyes seem to glaze over as something unsettling flashes across his face. I don't know what it is but I know I can't concern myself with it now.

I can't care anymore. I have to let him go.

"No..."He trails off and looks at me. "She..."

"Goodbye, Alessio."

I turn away from him and feel my heart squeeze in my chest.

He doesn't call after me or try to stop me this time.

I'm walking away from Alessio Romano.

And this time, I'm the one breaking his heart.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

A L E S S I O

I stare after her as she walks away and feel my heart shatter inside my chest.

She's taking a piece of me with her and I suddenly feel like I can't breathe.

I can't move. I just stay glued to that one spot.

I was supposed to be letting her go anyways. I should've been prepared for this.

This is for the best and easier if she breaks my heart, right?

That way I won't have to worry about her trying to get over me. I can let her move on and know she'll find someone better.

She can finally be happy.

The drive back to the estate is fueled with nothing but pure rage with fucking Monica. I hit 100 mph the entire drive and see flashes of red blur my vision.

By the time I arrived back there, I didn't want anything to do with anybody in this damn house.

I walk inside and toss my jacket down on the floor.

"What the fuck, Alessio?" Giovanni snaps as I walk by him angrily.

He flicks his cigarette out to the porch and follows me into the kitchen.

"Are you just going to ignore me?" He snaps and blows out smoke. "You just flew in here going at least 90."

"I need a drink."

He follows me silently as I pour out two shots of whiskey.

"Do you want to vent?" He asks.

Giovanni isn't one to really care about anyone or their emotions. For him to even ask was just weird.

"Just bullshit, bro." I shake my head and hand him a glass. "At this point, I'm tempted to just leave the country."

"You will once you are married," He points out and takes a drink. "Adolfo will want you in Italy for awhile."

"No. I want out. Like...just disappearing completely."

He glares, "You can't just leave."

"I know."

"So are you going to tell me why or are you going to keep me guessing?"

"I saw Olivia tonight," I take a drink, "Monica talked to her."

How? When?"

"She showed up at her work," I shake my head angrily. "she told Olivia about the engagement...and apparently she's pregnant."

"You're serious?" He gasps.

"I guess so."

"So I assume Olivia left your ass," He chuckles darkly. "Can't say I blame her."

I sigh and grab the bottle," I don't blame her either. I know Olivia is going to have a better life without me."

"What about Jesús? He's still out there."

"I won't let him get to her, I'll make sure he's dead before he ever gets the fucking chance."

Giovanni nods, "Understood. Are you confronting Monica? What if she really is pregnant?"

The thought of marrying Monica was horrifying enough. I really didn't want to have to raise a child with her too.

I know the few times I did have sex with her I was always sure to use protection. Knowing her she probably poked holes in them while I slept.

"Yeah, I'll have to."

"Just make sure you ask for proof. Monica can be pretty deceitful."

"I'll take care of her." I tell him and take a drink from the bottle.

The two of us glance up as the sound of bare feet echo across the marble floors and Monica's figure comes into view.

"Where have you been?" She barks out and pulls her robe close. "I've been waiting."

I glare at her and focus back on my whiskey. "Business, Monica."

"Always business, Alessio. You need to include me now on these matters."

I scoff," The fuck I do."

She narrows her eyes at me and without hesitation she smacks me hard against the face.

I feel my teeth hit against the top of the bottle and blood pools in my mouth.

Giovanni stares back at me in shock and waits for my reaction.

"Don't you talk to me like that!" She whispers angrily.

I rub at my jaw and grab her by the back of the neck. "Don't ever fucking hit me."

"I'll do whatever I need to do for you to act like a fucking don."

"I'm not the don yet," I sneer and squeeze it harder. "Adolfo still has command."

"Well according to your father, he's considering making you don after our wedding."

I let her go. "He told you this, why?"

"He likes me," She laughs coolly. "He's been like a little puppy."

"I'll handle my business with Adolfo. In the meantime, keep your hands to yourself."

I walk past her, whiskey in hand, before she grabs at my arm.

"I need to tell you something, Alessio."

Her voice is girly and soft now.

I turn back towards her and let my arms fall to my side as she wraps her arms around my waist.

"I'm pregnant."

I sigh at the words and rub the small of her back. Tears start pouring out from her.

"I heard."

"From who?" She says with big innocent eyes.

"You told Olivia." I slur out.

"Why are you still seeing her!" Monica shouts angrily. "I want you to stay away from her, Alessio."

"I had to handle some stuff and ran into her, that's all."

"She's trouble for this family!" She snaps with venom in her voice.

"It's done, Monica."

Saying the words hurt even with the alcohol acting as a temporary bandage.

It really was over.

Olivia Moore isn't mine.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

523K 18.9K 53
"The damage was done the moment our eyes collided." ~Xavier De Luca *** One life-altering night ignites a soul-scorching passion between a gangster...
1.4M 39.4K 44
[Originally published in 2018 but deleted twice in 2021] [This is the first book of the "Mrs. Mafia" trilogy] Arabella Bianchi was born into the mafi...
981K 43.5K 31
Cover by: @Enny101 Christian DeLuca is a very successful businessman with little regard for anyone he doesn't consider family, he's found work and li...
366 17 17
mature book 18+ While most men are dying to get out of the mafia, Gio was dying to get in and lead it. Aurora leaves it all behind to be with the lo...