highschool [ zukaang ]

Від InsecureOmens

zukaang, but they're in highschool. This story uses: correct punctuation, grammar, and spelling! Fire nation... Більше

1 ; transfer student
2 ; hello
4 ; gaang
5 ; plan
6 ; drinking
7 ; hangover
♡ A/N ♡
8 ; Sokka
9 ; parole
10 ; cheer up
11 ; confrontation
12 ; dance
13 ; visiting hours
14 ; Katara
15 ; winter formal
16 ; give him a chance
♡ A/N ♡
17 ; help
18 ; school
19 ; ozai
20 ; accident
21 ; Mai
22 ; Azula
23 ; Iroh
A/N
24 ; false memory
25 ; 😳👉👈
26 ; truth or dare
27 ; Maia
28 ; three times the charm
29 ; drive
30 ; the end

3 ; bender showcase

1.7K 61 37
Від InsecureOmens

heyyy everyone i hope you like the story so far:))

did i forget to mention Zuko has book 3 hair?? well he does lol

i have about 24 chapters planned rn

Aang didn't see his foster parents in the morning, they were already gone. He ate breakfast alone, cereal and a banana. Momo came and drank some milk from the bowl before Aang threw it away.

He patted Appa's furry head before leaving. He was going to meet Toph at the bus stop about a mile down the road. While he always walked from school to home, he took the bus when going to school so he could talk to Toph.

"Hey twinkle toes," Toph turned towards him as he walked forward.

"Hey," Aang smiled. "Bus isn't here yet?"

"Nah," Toph sighed. "I can feel it though, it's almost here."

"Good," Aang said. "I'm tired already."

"You're weaker than I thought," Toph snickered.

"Oh, shut up," He laughed.

The bus came, and left with two more students than when it had arrived. The bus drove for 10 minutes, along the forest path lined with trees, through the train track, where Zuko was walking, past the Jasmine Dragon, and came to a stop at the school.

First period went by slowly.

"Alright, I have to get to math," Aang patted Toph on the shoulder and started towards his locker. He didn't need anything from it, he guessed Katara came by usually to meet him, but he knew Katara wasn't in school until later, during the bending tests. She had gotten the date wrong, and led the entire group to believe yesterday had been the bending showcase.

So Aang didn't know why he was there.Maybe it was to see what strange shirt Zuko had on over his outfit. Today it was pineapples on a cream background. Maybe he was there to waste time before going to the worst class on campus, or maybe it was on the off chance that Zuko would stop and talk to him, instead of giving a glance and smoking half a cigarette.

Aang was determined, though. He marched up to him and had to slow his pace in order to stay with Zuko. He moved awfully slow.

"I see you're here to annoy me again," He sighed.

"I was just walking in the same direction," Aang said.

"Yeah, whatever," He sighed again.

"How are you not getting caught?" He glanced at the cigarette.

"I only smoke between first and second," Zuko said. "No one cares anyways."

"Actually, plenty of students get caught out by the courtyard and are suspended," Aang said.

"Mm. I'll be sure to avoid the courtyard then," He said. "We're here. You managed to be just under the bar of 'too-annoying-to-walk-with'."

"Uh, thanks, I guess," Aang smiled awkwardly. "Well, I'll see you in art class."

Zuko rolled his eyes and shuffled in the door. Aang had a lot of work ahead of him if he was ever going to get him to be friends. He thought about walking with him to art class, but then decided against it. He didn't want to push it too far.

Aang couldnt concentrate during his entire second period. His phone wouldn't stop buzzing with texts from his friend's group chat. Katara kept apologizing about thinking the bending showcase was yesterday, and everyone else kept telling her it was fine. But that was Kat, always over thinking.

After what felt like a lifetime, the bell rang and every student in the class jumped out of their seats.

Aang was walking to art, and he couldn't see Zuko anywhere in front of him. He felt something brush his shoulder. He didnt have to look for Zuko anymore, he was standing right next to him.

But he was silent, staring straight ahead. He was moving at the same pace as Aang, standing up straight for once.

"Hey," Aang smiled.

Zuko merely nodded in his direction. Aang didn't want to push his luck, so he shut up and stayed that way all the way through the door.

Ty-Lee was waiting for them when they got to the table. Haru was there too. but his nose was red and he was sniffling.

"Welcome back, Haru," Aang said as he sat down. "I'm guessing you're here for the bending showcase? It's supposed to start soon."

"Yeah, I am," He sniffed. "Sophomores are leaving the gym right now."

"I heard there was going to be a surprise combat test," Ty-Lee whispered. "All the juniors and seniors have to take it. But that's just a rumor."

"Do we have to do the fighting thing?" Zuko asked, looking slightly panicked.

"What? Can you not fight?" Ty-Lee laughed.

"I can fight. I would prefer not to," He hissed.

"Well it's probably not even going to happen," Haru said. "She said it wad just a rumor."

Zuko scoffed and leaned back in his chair. An announcement came on over the intercom then, "Will all juniors please proceed to the gym in an orderly fashion. The annual W.A.E.F Highschool Bending Showcase will take place  in 10 minutes."

Aang grabbed his backpack and stood up. "Do you guys wanna sit with eachother?"

"Yeah, that's fine," Haru smiled.

Ty-Lee nodded, and Zuko sighed. "I guess I have no other options."

"Let's go, I don't want to be late," Aang said.

Zuko was pushed up against Aang and Haru, which made him highly uncomfortable. "Is there any way for you guys to not touch me?"

"Ty-Lee can you scoot over at all?" Haru looked to his left.

"Nope! I'm squished," She sighed.

"I can't either," Aang pushed against the boy to his right  but he was also smushed against another student.

"Whatever," Zuko narrowed his eyes.

And then, the gym doors burst open, and seven adults in different colored jump suits ran into the room. Aang guessed it was a show off from the staff team, because they were all doing different types of bending, working together to make a show of power.

"If I get wet, I'm going to leave," Zuko frowned.

"I don't think they'd do that-" Aang was interrupted, however, by a light showering of rain drops across the bleachers. "Ah..."

"Alright, bye," Zuko stood up, and Aang immediately grabbed his arm to stop him.

He could see smoke rise from his hands when he had grabbed him. Had he almost fire bended at him? Zuko's eyes were wide, but when the glances of some students around then lingered too long, he sat down.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have touched you like that," Aang whispered after a minute.

"It's fine," Zuko said. "Just... if you happen to do it again... Don't be surprised if I burn you."

Aang swallowed thickly. He could guess why he didn't like being grabbed roughly like that. Aang assumed it had to do with his father's abuse before the murder of his mom.

"Can I get an applause for Miss. Yoki's takented bunch of traditional show benders?" A man with a microphone walked out in the middle of the gym.

Someone tapped Aang's shoulder from behind him. It was Suki. "Hey, Aang."

"Oh, I didn't realize you were sitting behind me," Aang smiled at her as the man continued talking.

"Yeah, I didn't recognize you until I saw your arm tattoos," She said. "Katara and Sokka are on the other side of the gym. I saw toph sitting up on the top row on this side."

"Oh, we're all divided," Aang caught Zuko staring at him and took a chance. "Suki! This is Zuko. Uh, and this is Suki..."

"....nice to... meet you?" She said quietly.

Zuko rolled his eyes and started staring at the guy in the middle of the gym floor. The man had black hair that was pulled into a small bun atop his head, and he wore a simple red suit and tie.

"Could I please have my water benders join me on the floor?" He asked. The microphone hissed for a few seconds.

Aang watched Katara and about 70 other people leave the bleachers. They all ended up gathered around the man with the microphone, whose name Aang hadn't heard.

"Alright. Everyone get in a line over there, and you'll give a demonstration of your abilities," He grinned, stepping away.

About 10 minutes later, Katara had her turn. She made multiple water whips, she made an octopus protection circle, and finally, she made the water in the barrel seep through the cracks and then back in.

Students clapped, like for everyone else that did their little trick. Once the water benders had finished, the microphone man had them get into pairs. Aang saw Zuko's hands clench on the edge of his seat.

"Maybe I was right," Ty-Lee said excitedly.

"Folks, as a little surprise," The man's grin became wider. "We'll also be having a combat test!"

Zuko looked like he was going to have a stroke. Aang lifted a hand up and gently touched his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

He didn't answer, it seemed as though he was thinking deeply. Probably of a way to get out of this. "I'm 99% sure they won't make you fight."

"Yeah?" Zuko's voice was soft, not harsh like usual. He seemed vulnerable at the moment.

"Yeah," Aang patted his shoulder. He was glad this simple touch hadn't made him freak out.

Without even realizing, Aang had missed the entire water bending fight. No one looked hurt, he guessed whoever got knocked down first lost. He could win easily.

"Aaaaaaaaallllllright," Microphone man said. "Can we get all of the firebenders onto the floor?"

"You got this, Zuko," Aang said, staring right into his eyes no matter how awkward direct eye contact with someone was. "You just bail before they fight. The door is right there."

Zuko nodded, and quickly found his way to the floor.

When the firebending started, most students just produced a simple flame. Some more advanced students were able to make a fire ball or a twisting whip that traveled around them.

Zuko's turn was next, and he also was the last. It didn't look good for his chances to slip out before the fighting began.

He started by planting his feet about as far apart as his shoulders, and then, a long whip shot from his palm. It quickly grew a head, and wings, and horns as it looped around his body. Aang saw what he was trying to produce, it was a dragon. It was mostly successful, because while it was small, it got the point across and was much more impressive than the others.

Students gave the same amount of effort for clapping, though. Zuko tried to back away, but the microphone man went behind him, blocking his path. He looked up at Aang for a brief second, fear in his golden eyes.

"Everyone get in pairs!" The man said cheerfully.

Zuko was partnered with a boy of the same build, but he looked less like he was going to puke and more like he was going to win.

The battle began between the first pair, then the second, and the third, and the fourth, and then it was Zuko's turn. He stumbled into his stance while his partner was confidently standing relaxed.

The whistle blew, and the boy shot a flane directly at Zuko. He barely dodged it, ducking under the blast. They shot flames at eachother for a good minute before the kid with blonde hair was able to sneak behind Zuko. He pulled him by his hair, trying to get him to fall, but Zuko reacted too quickly. He panicked and slammed his palm onto the boy's chest, shooting burning fire onto his skin.

Aang jumped from his seat as the room went silent. Zuko was breathing heavily, as the blonde haired boy below him crawled away as fast as possible.

The microphone man dropped the mic and started towards Zuko, who blasted fire at him in a panic. The man stumbled back.

"Wait, I'm sorry!" Zuko yelled.

When no one moved or said anything, Aang started to run down the bleachers. He was going to help Zuko, even if he didn't know how to help. But before Aang was even halfway down the bleachers, Zuko turned on a dime and sprinted through the exit doors.

The blonde haired boy stood up and touched his burned clothes. "What the fuck was that?"

oop

see ya next time <3

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2K 209 17
𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚒𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎, 𝙰 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚍𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚌𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚌�...
11K 714 95
A marriage of alliance... The threat of war... Magic humming through the earth... A runaway Prince meets a stoic King, and both are thrust into a wor...
87.2K 1.2K 24
hiiii this is my haikyu mpreg/omegaverse series, this is for fun purposes only. please enjoy 🍓 ‼️THE ARTIST FOR THE COVER IS [wrong direction] ‼️
392K 14.1K 50
A single father, who absolutely hates his son, wholeheartedly believes was the reason for his wife's death. His mother, with no other choice, starts...