Teary Eyes - A Sonic x Reader

By YosiDusk

Life made me want to escape, so I did, and it might have just been one of the best decisions I ever made. Aft... More

The Ocean
۵ Chapter 1 ۵
۵ Chapter 3 ۵
۵ Chapter 4 ۵
۵ Chapter 5 ۵
۵ Chapter 6 ۵
۵ Chapter 7 ۵
۵ Chapter 8 ۵
۵ Chapter 9 ۵ (The New Version)
۵ Chapter 10 ۵
۵ Chapter 11 ۵

۵ Chapter 2 ۵

5.5K 136 712
By YosiDusk

As raindrops are hitting the roofs of the buildings on the Bygone Island and the thunder is roaring in the background, Y/N, Sonic and Tails are sleeping comfortably inside Tails' house. The storm had started soon after they had gone to bed and none of them knew it even existed, until a couple knocks are heard from the door causing Sonic to wake up from his slumber but he just turns sides and tries to go back to sleep, only to hear someone knocking on the door again, this time louder. Still not interested in opening the door he tries to go back to sleep but instead hears loud banging coming from the door.

Groaning he gets up from the couch and walks to the door opening it and revealing soaked Dr. Eggman wearing a trenchcoat. "Hi!" Eggman waves to him.

"What do you want?" Sonic asks tiredly. The idea of having to fight in the rain doesn't seem too appealing to him and on top of that he is tired.

"First of all, thank you for answering the door at such a late hour. I realize what an inconvenience this must be—"

"Get to it Eggface," Sonic cuts him off.

"Well I uh... I need your help," Eggman says much to Sonic's surprise.

"You need my help?"

"Yes. My sinister island lair, you know the ultra-high-tech stronghold where I hatch my diabolical schemes to eliminate you, it was destroyed in the storm. I was hoping I could crash with you and Tails for a few days until my robots rebuild it. Please, don't strand me in this wilderness," Eggman begs.

"You certainly could use a roof over your head," Sonic tiredly says and sniffs, "And a bath. But how do I know you won't just capture me and Tails while we're sleeping?"

"I swear not to harm you, or you fox friend during my stay," Eggman swears and then lifts up his jacket, "I didn't even bring any weapons. Here, check my pants."

"No, no, no. It's okay. I believe you," Sonic says, "So it's only for a few days and it's just you?"

"Just me," Eggman assures. Sonic opens the door more pointing him to come in which he does revealing the two bots following him, "And Orbot and Cubot. They're family."

Sonic slams the door shut groaning as Eggman takes off his jacket. He then notices Y/N sleeping on the couch and turns to Sonic asking, "Is that the girl from earlier?"

Sonic glances at her saying, "Yeah. You better not hurt her either."

"You have my word," Eggman says. "But if I may ask, why is she here?"

"She didn't have anywhere to stay so Tails and I let her stay here," Sonic says as he goes back on the couch and lies down. Eggman turns to look at Y/N with a thoughtful look and then glances at Sonic.

The following morning, I am the first one to wake up. I yawn as I sit up and look around myself still somewhat tired. So, it wasn't a dream, I think as I gets up from the couch before walking over to the kitchen. As I'm is pouring myself a glass of water, Sonic slowly gets up from the couch as well. "Morning," I say to him as our eyes make contact. "You wouldn't happen to have a coffeemaker here, do you?"

"What's a coffeemaker?" he asks yawning.

"That better be a joke," I say sternly, but Sonic just shrugs. "Oh no," I dramatically cover my mouth.

"What? What's the matter?" Sonic asks running over to me.

A tear trickles down my face as I answer, "I don't know if I can live without coffee."

"Don't worry, I bet Tails can do something about this," Sonic says and goes over to his fox friend who is quietly snoring on his bed. "Tails, buddy. Time to wake up."

Tails groans, "Sonic? What is it?"

"Y/N needs coffee," Sonic explains.

Tails turns to him with a dumbfounded look and asks, "That's it?"

"Yes!"

Tails yawns before jumping up from his bed. He walks over to the kitchen area and opens one of the cabinets. "We rarely drink coffee, so I keep this here," Tails says as he takes a coffeemaker out of the cabinet and places it on the counter. He then takes out a metallic box and opens it, "It seems we don't have any coffee here."

"Oh, it's not real—"

"I'm gonna go buy some!" Sonic says cutting me off before running out.

Tails and I look after him surprised and I turn to Tails asking, "Does he usually act like this?"

"Well, not really," Tails answers. "I mean he's often pretty impulsive but whenever he has to do something for someone he usually complains," he says just as Sonic bursts back in.

"Here you go! This is the best kind they had," he says handing the bag to me.

"Thank you," I say but then notice the human from yesterday standing in the middle of the living area scratching his head. "Why is he here?" I say pointing at him.

Sonic and Tails turn around confused and as Tails sees him, he yells, "Eggman!"

"No, no, no! It's okay," Sonic says calming him down as Eggman turns around to face us. "He came here last night because his lair was destroyed and he needed somewhere to stay for a while," he quickly explains to us as I open the bag and smell the coffee.

"Yeah," Eggman accompanies him, "I'm just here for a few nights until my robots rebuild my lair."

"Sounds understandable," Tails nods and turns back to me, "So anyway, where were we?"

"I was making coffee," I say and turn to look at the others, "Does anyone want some?"

Eggman raises a finger saying, "Yes, could I have a latte with steamed Austrian goat milk?"

I blink a couple times with a straight face before saying, "Sorry, you gonna have to go to Starbucks for that one. We only serve regular."

Eggman looks at me confused and then turns to Sonic and Tails asking, "What's a Starbucks?"

A while later I'm is sitting on the couch while drinking my coffee and someone knocks on the door. Sonic being nearby opens it to reveal three creatures. I quickly recognizes two of them as being the same ones I saw at the beach shack yesterday evening while the third one is completely new but judging by her looks, she seems to be a badger.

Just as the three walk in and Sonic closes the door behind them, Eggman exits the bathroom. The three quickly take notice of this and after passing their initial surprise they jump into fighting stances.

"Eggman?" the red one questions confused.

"Oh, hey gang!" Eggman waves to them, "Didn't know you'd be visiting so early," he continues and begins to walk s the chair. "I'm still in my evil pajamas. They've got a trapdoor in the back," he finishes and points his rear, where his pajamas have a flap.

The trio looks at him confused and the red one points at him asking, "What's he doing here?"

"We have a truce. Tails is letting him stay here till his lair is rebuilt," Sonic tiredly explains as Eggman sits down on the hanging chair.

Eggman clears his throat before saying, "Still waiting on that salmon eggs benedict."

"Coming, coming," Tails says from the kitchen where he's finishing off Eggman's breakfast. He soon comes out and places a plate on a table before Eggman who quickly leans in to take a closer look.

He sighs annoyed, "I asked for egg whites. These are yellows! See the yellow? I'm trying to watch my cholesterol. And this salmon is farm raised! What is this, prison?"

"It's all some evil plot, man! First, he lures us in with some terrible roommate ploy, but then wham! Out comes this 50-foot obliterator bot that... obliterates us all!" the badger yells and shakes the red echidna. "We gotta get outta here."

"Guys, we have to help him," the pink hedgehog says, "If we don't, we'll be no better than he is."

"Yeah, you'll be no better than I am," Eggman agrees while munching his breakfast.

The pink hedgehog walks over to him saying, "Think about how this is for him. Do you feel scared without a home? Do you feel alone? Are you eating your feelings?"

Eggman glares at her and growls, "Somebody get her away from me."

"Guys, if Eggman needs to stay, he can stay," Tails says as he's washing a plate. "Who knows, he might not be so bad after all."

I take a sip of my coffee and set the cup on the table, "So, why does no one like Eggman?"

The badger screams pointing at me, "What is that?" The hedgehog and the echidna also seem rather surprised when they notice me.

"I'm the new girl," I say as the group once again gets ready to throw some punches.

"Calm down guys!" Sonic says turning to the trio. "She's a friend."

"She is?" the echidna asks as I get up from the couch and walk over to them.

"I am," I smile to them.

"Tails and I met her yesterday and seeing as she's new here, we decided to let her stay with us for a while," Sonic explains as both the hedgehog and echidna let down their guard. The badger on the other hand still seems somewhat doubtful but also relaxes a bit.

"I'm Y/N," I introduce myself, "What about you?"

"I'm Amy Rose," the pink hedgehog introduces. As I finally gets a closer look at her I notice her green eyes and that she's wearing a pinkish red headband and a dress of the same shade, white gloves and golden bracelets on her arms and red and pink sneakers. She's only a tad bit shorter than me.

"Knuckles," the red echidna says rather proudly while pointing towards himself. The first thing I notice is his height as his rather buff chest is at the same height as my head. He has purple eyes and a cream-colored muzzle. His sports tape covered arms are noticeably muscular and on his hands are white gloves that each have two spikes in them. His legs on the other hand aren't on the same level as his upper body and it's rather clear that someone has been skipping leg day.

"Name's Sticks," the badger says somewhat mysteriously. Her fur is mainly orange, but on certain areas such as her ears it's brown. Her eyes are blue, and her muzzle is cream colored like on the others. For clothing she's wearing a gray tube top and a brownish skirt that is tied around her waist with a rope. "And you better not be some government agent sent here to spy us," she adds giving me a glare.

"I hope so too," I say to her jokingly, but it seems she doesn't really get it. I turn to the other and smile, "Great to meet ya'll."

It doesn't take long until Amy, Knuckles and Sticks leave and after that Tails takes me over to his workshop. "So, you're the gadget guy of the group," I say as Tails opens the door to his workshop.

"Pretty much yeah," he answers as we walk in.

My eyes widen when I see the different gadgets and equipment around the building. In the middle of the room is a yellow airplane that's partially under some tarps. "Wow," I say surprised, "You made all this?"

"I mean not all of it. But most of it, yes," Tails answers as he opens a cabinet.

I walk further into the room looking around it. "So, what are you gonna, um, invent today?" I ask as I turn to him.

"I'm not really gonna invent anything," Tails says as he opens a toolbox, "I'm gonna work on my new plane and hopefully gonna go on a test flight later."

"That sounds interesting," I say and look at the plane. The one he used yesterday was blue so this must be a different one. "Did something happen to the plane you were using yesterday?"

Tails stops whatever he's doing and turns around to face me, "Yeah... The Tornado sunk into the pond and is now under the ice. Luckily I was already working on this new plane so that I could retire that one."

Nodding I turn around about to leave but as I'm about to, I notice a small robotlike build that seems to be still under construction as wires are spilling out of it. "What's this?" I ask turning to Tails and pointing at it.

"Oh, that's a project I've been working on for a while. I call it "Mobile Universal Paraphrasing and TranslationModule" as it's going to be able to translate everything into our language and you can take it anywhere because of its small size," Tails explains as he walks over to me. "I still have to find a way to make its range better, as currently it keeps getting everything wrong."

"Have you tried bigger receptors?" I ask crossing my arm.

"Yeah, but it only caused it to get even more confused."

"What about a noise cancelation system? It's rather easy to program a system that only picks up the voices you want."

Tails looks thoughtful after hearing my suggestion. "Why didn't I think of that. Maybe that'll do it. Thanks Y/N!"

"It's nothing. I bet you would've realized it sooner or later," I smile to him. As I'm about to leave I turn back, "Oh and Tails?" He turns to me with a surprised look and I continue, "You might wanna work on that name. It's sorta... overly descriptive."

After Y/N left Tails continues to work on his plane while thinking about her suggestion. He is rather surprised that he didn't think of a noise cancellation system earlier and that a rather normal human girl was the one who came up with that. Maybe she really has some potential in her, he thinks to himself as he smiles, No wonder he likes her.

 As he's in the middle of screwing a new lightbulb he suddenly hears Eggman's voice yelling, "Pillow Fight!" —and gets smacked with a pillow. The lightbulb falls to the ground and shatters as Tails glares at Eggman.

Later on, Sonic is trying to clean up the house from the damage that Eggman's pillow fights have caused, only to realize that whenever he cleans up a spot, Eggman comes in and ruins it almost immediately after. Y/N doesn't have it any better. While she is doing the dishes, she suddenly gets smacked with a pillow causing her to drop several plates and breaking them. Luckily Tails understands what happened and doesn't get mad at her, but later on it seems that he is confused as to where one of his collectable plates has disappeared to.

The night is also rather horrid. The only one who is sleeping is Eggman, as no one else is able to fall asleep because of his snoring and laughing. At some point during the night Sonic suggests for Y/N to leave and go sleep in the beach shack, but she rejects the idea stating that she isn't comfortable with the idea of sleeping alone in a shack that doesn't have a door.

The next morning Sonic and Tails are sitting on the couch as Amy is sitting on the hanging chair while I'm pouring myself a cup of coffee. "That's it! I've had enough of Eggman," Sonic states, "Lair or no lair, he's out of here."

"You can't just throw Eggman out," Amy says to him," "Sure he might be a difficult roommate, but it's only because you guys have a communication problem."

"Communication problem? He whacked me with a pillow. Hard. I'm dizzy and I have serious short-term memory loss," Tails replies annoyed as I sit down by him. "And I have serious short-term memory loss."

"He also caused me to break up several plates, one of which was a collectable," I tell her as Sonic nods and Tails turns to me with a confused look.

Amy jumps up from the chair saying, "Why don't we settle this with a roommate meeting?"

Some time passes and soon enough Amy returns with Eggman. He sits down on the chair while Amy sits down by Sonic saying, "Now Sonic, do you have something you'd like to share with Eggman?"

"Yes. How to say this delicately... You're a horrible roommate and nobody in this house likes you," he says without much hesitation.

"Let's frame our statements with "When you do this it makes me feel this"," Amy says much to Sonic's annoyance.

"Fine. OK. Uh, let's see," Sonic says and takes a breath, "When you live here, it makes me feel angry. Because you're a horrible roommate and nobody in this house likes you."

"Couldn't have said it better," I agree as Tails nods while Amy just rolls her eyes.

Eggman looks at him dumbfounded and then begins crying very dramatically. Tails and Sonic turn to each other with bored looks as Eggman says, "You're right. I am the worst roommate. I've never lived with other people before."

"What about us?" asks Cubot.

"You don't count," Eggman says to him angrily before he goes back to crying.

Amy turns to Sonic saying, "Sonic, I think someone here could go for two spoonfuls of forgiveness washed down with a tall glass of friendship. What do you think?"

Sonic groans crossing his arms. "Ugh, Eggman if we give you a second chance will you promise to shape up?"

Eggman immediately stops sobbing and raises his head up saying, "You bet!"

"Roommate meeting group hug!" Amy says as she jumps up from the couch.

Eggman immediately gets up with arms open as Sonic and Tails groan while getting up. He quickly engulfs Amy and the two into a hug as I watch from the side while sipping my drink.

The next day as Sonic gets up from the bed, he's surprised to see Eggman doing the dishes. As the day goes onwards, he's pretty much the perfect roommate all-day long, until evening comes around. As Sonic, Tails, Y/N and Eggman are playing a board game, for the seventh time that night, Eggman once again wins and following his win he blows into his kazoo causing an annoying loud sound.

"I win again!" Eggman says joyously as Sonic yawns.

"That's great," he says tiredly, "Well it's getting late. Time to hit the hay."

"Aw, just one more game. That's what good roomies do. We have fun!" Eggman says.

"Look I'm all for fun, but aren't you guys exhausted?" Sonic asks turning to Orbot and Cubot.

"They're robots," Eggman says, "They don't get tired because they have no souls."

"Hey," Orbot tried to interject but gets cut off by Cubot saying,

"He's right."

"Whatever," Sonic says getting up, "Good night guys."

"Wait! Don't leave," Eggman says as he runs in front of the door, "Just hang a little longer. I'm so lonely. Please... Roomies?"

Sonic sighs and turns around as Eggman jumps in joy and once again blow into his kazoo. He walks over to Y/N and sits down by her asking, "How are you not tired?"

"Oh, I am," she says laughing, "But I'm nearly not as tired as you are."

The night continues from that point onwards by playing one more game and after that Eggman wants to watch TV. That lasts until the morning rays can be seen in the distance and after that everyone finally goes to sleep. Only that once again the only one who's really sleeping is Eggman.

The next morning Amy, Sticks and Knuckles walk in while Y/N, Tails and Sonic are sitting on the couch with tired looks. "You're still hanging with Eggman?" Knuckles asks, "How many hours of sleep did you get?"

"Zero," Sonic answers tiredly as Y/N lies down on the couch.

"It's stage two of his evil plot man. We are minutes away from him summoning his big obliterator bot with its obliterator legs and obliterator teeth," Sticks says jumping around.

"Sticks, stop being paranoid," Amy says to her, "Eggman's lived here for two days and he hasn't hatched a single evil scheme..."

Suddenly Eggman's laughter can be heard from outside and everyone turns to the door surprised. Sticks, Amy and Knuckles run outside immediately while Tails, Sonic and Y/N slowly slouch their way out. "What's so funny," Tails asks as he gets by the others' side.

"Remember how I said my island fortress was destroyed by a storm?" Eggman asks and jumps in front of them, "I may have fibbed. You see, I kind of faked the destruction of my fortress as an excuse to live with you and tire you to the point of exhaustion." He runs to the edge of the forest and continues his explanation, "So you'd be too tired to stop Obliterator Bot!" A tree falls down behind him and out walks a large mainly red colored bot.

"I knew it," Sticks says, "He did have an obliterator bot. Why doesn't anyone ever believe me? It's not like I'm paranoid!" She turns around noticing her shadow and shouting, "Stop following me!"

"Enough!" Eggman shouts gaining everyone's attention. "Obliterator Bot destroy Sonic and his four friends," he commands and the bot changes position.

"For-tress? Fortress," the bot says misunderstanding the commands. "Destroy fortress. Destroying Island Fortress," it says as it begins to walk s the shore.

"What? No! That's not what I said!" Eggman says panicking, "Obliterator Bot do not destroy Island Fortress. Do not destroy Island Fortress!"

"Affirmative! Playing up-tempo music while destroying fortress," the bot says continuing on his way as several speakers pop out from it and begin blasting rock music.

"No!" Eggman screams as the bot continues. "Sonic, you have to help me!" Eggman begs falling to his knees in front of him.

"Why? He's your obliterator bot?"

"Because if you don't, I'm truly stuck living with you until I build a new island fortress," Eggman says.

That makes Sonic realize the importance of the situation and he turns around saying, "Let's roll."

The group quickly boards Tails' new plane and flies over to the island where they can see the bot already destroying the building. They quickly hop out of the plane and walk closer s the lair wondering what to do.

"Gotta stop him... but so tired," Tails says slouching before he falls.

Knuckles glances at him slightly worried and turns back to the bot saying, "He must have a weak spot."

"Maybe there's a clue on the ground," Sonic suggests and slowly goes to lie down, "This soft, soft, bed-like ground."

"I'll help too," Y/N suggests and also lies down on the ground as Stick runs up to Sonic and kicks him a couple times.

This causes him to wake up shouting, "What? What's wrong? Are we under attack?" He jumps up looking around and then notices the bot. "Oh, right."

As Sonic yawns Knuckles turns to Eggman saying, "Eggman, you built that thing. How do we take it down?"

"By activating two kill switches at the same time," he answers, "They're inside the lair." He then points to the right side of the lair saying, "There," —he then points to the right, "and there."

"Oh come on," Sonic yawns, "Alright, Amy, Knuckles, Sticks, distract that metal monstrosity. Tails and I are on the kill switches."

"What about me?" Y/N asks getting up from the ground.

"You just try and get some rest," Sonic says walking over to Eggman. "Eggman, you'll have to show us how we activate them."

"Why do I always get the boring job?" Y/N asks as Sonic yawns before running toward one of the kill switches.

"You've only been here for three days," Tails says, "We'll,—" he says and yawns, "figure a better job for you later," he finishes and also leaves for the kill switch.

While Tails and Sonic make their way to the kill switches while simultaneously turning the defenses off, Knuckles, Amy and Sticks do their best to get the bot's attention, which proves to be rather hard as Eggman had specifically commanded it to destroy the fortress. Soon enough both Sonic and Tails have reached the switches and Eggman begins to run between them while explaining to each of them what they need to do. Too bad that when one of them is finally doing what they're supposed to, the other immediately falls asleep.

The bot continues destroying the fortress and suddenly jumps down right before Amy, Knuckles and Sticks who says, "I knew you were coming. But you will never obliterate Sticks because Sticks is un-obliter... un-olib... un-oblitery... You can't kill me."

"I think its unobliterable," Y/N says as she walks up to them, "What was I supposed to do again?"

Eggman continues trying to get both Sonic and Tails awake but quickly notices his tries are useless. As he looks between them wondering what to do, he finally remembers what woke them up every time they had fallen asleep. He takes out his kazoo and blows into it causing an annoying sound. Both Sonic and Tails immediately get up and grab the levers they are supposed to.

The bot stops moving and soon Sonic runs in front of it while grabbing a piece of the lair's wall that it had broken. He jumps into the air yelling, "Pillow fight!" ­—and smashes the bots head causing it to fall on the ground.

The bot explodes and Eggman joyously exclaims, "Yes!" —but a second after that his entire lair explodes and his face falls. "No!" he sadly says as all he's left with is smoldering remains of what once was his evil lair.

A while later we're all relaxing on the beach doing absolutely nothing. At a certain point Eggman joins us and asks if he can stay with us for a while but Sonic quickly takes him back to his lair leaving him alone with his smoking ruins.

"Are all days here gonna be like the past two?" I ask as I turn to look at Sonic.

"No... well, I mean Eggman does attack the village like almost every day," Sonic answers and turns to look at me with his emerald green eyes, "But most of the time it's pretty relaxing."

I stare at the hedgehog for a moment while thinking. How can someone have so green eyes? And why is so easy to get lost in them? "Good," I say as I turn back to the ocean, "I might just stay here."

"Really?" Sonic asks and I can hear the excitement in his voice even though he tries to hide it.

"Yeah. It's definitely nicer here than where I came from," I answer before yawning, "I think I'm gonna go sleep." I get up from the ground and begin to walk toward the direction where Tails' house is in.

"Wait!" Sonic says and runs up to me. I turn to him confused but before I can say anything he says, "Wouldn't it be easier if we just stay here tonight?"

I glance at the shack behind me and turn back to his green eyes. "Well, maybe... but my stuff is back at Tails'," I remind him.

"Right. Well then I'll just carry you there now and we can come here tomorrow."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" I ask tilting my head, "Carrying me I mean 'cause you're also still pretty tired."

"Please, I just dropped Eggman back at his lair not too long ago it was fine," he says back.

Shrugging I say, "If you say so."

Sonic carefully picks me up before speeding off to the house. As I'm there in his hands I can feel his heart beating. His pulse is much faster than mine but it's still so calm. I don't get to be in his hands for long as the journey only takes a couple seconds. "Here you go," Sonic says as he places me down on the couch. "I'll probably have to hit the hay too."

"Thank you," I say as I reach for my bag, "I'll have to change my clothes." Sonic eyes me as I pull a t-shirt and a pair of shorts from my bag. As I begin to take off my shirt, I notice Sonic looking at me and clear my throat, "You gonna stare?"

The hedgehog quickly turns around and awkwardly says, "Sorry I didn't... realize." While I continue on changing, he walks over to the kitchen and pours himself a glass of water. "We haven't really gotten to know each other that much," he says.

"Right," I say as I throw my jeans on the couch, "But I did get to know you at least a bit."

"Yeah but I didn't get to know you," Sonic says back and turns around.

The two of us stare at each other for a moment and I can feel my cheeks getting slightly warmer. It seems that Sonic also gets slightly redder than usual. "I didn't say you could turn but I was about to," I say and pull my shorts up. "So you wanna change that?"

Sonic clears his throat, "What?"

"I mean," I say and walk closer to him, "Would you like to know me better?"

"Sure, yeah," he answers, "I think that'd be great."

"Good," I quietly say and turn around walking over to the couch, "But that'll have to wait 'cause now I need to sleep." I lie down on the couch and pull my blanket over me, "Good night Sonic."

"Goodnight," Sonic says back, and I can feel him still staring at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 153 17
He Only Looked You For A Few Moments But That Few Moments Were Special For Him And His Feeling Are Becoming Stronger And Stronger For You
16.3K 470 10
================================================================================== (Disclaimer: Amphibia belongs to Disney and was created by Matt Br...
13.3K 342 6
Back by demand™ You've been with Shadow for a while now, and living near Sonic and his friends. Everything was supposed to be great, so why are Shado...
156K 3.8K 55
After your defeat, sonic decided to spare you.You became something of a anti-hero like shadow and help them on their adventures.The mad doctor now ha...