Guardian (Nishinoya x Reader)...

By shoto_kacchan

You are Tobio Kageyama's twin sister. Unfortunately for you, he inherited the gift of height, leaving you sta... More

Chapter 1: First day
Chapter 2: That Libero
Chpater 3: I'll Be Okay
Chapter 4: Training Camp
Chapter 5: SugaMomma
Chapter 6: Walk With Me
Chapter 7: Keep Me Safe
Chapter 8: Hold You
Chapter 9: Clarified
Chapter 10: Butterfies
Chapter 11: Tลru Oikawa
Chapter 12: The Pain
Chapter 13: Peaceful
Chapter 14: Healed
Chapter 15: Study
Chapter 16: Moms
Chapter 17: Ask Her Out
Chapter 18: Secret
Chapter 19: I'm Sorry
Chapter 20: Soon Enough
Chapter 21: Waves of Change
Chapter 22: Guardian
Chapter 23: Despair
Chapter 24: Results
Chapter 25: Bad Outcome
Chapter 26: Allies
Chapter 27: Babysitter (Part 1/3)
Chapter 28: Babysitter (Part 2/3)
Chapter 29: Babysitter (Part 3/3)
Chapter 30: Truth Unleashed
Chapter 31: Forgiveness
Chapter 33: Cover Up
Chapter 34: Lessons
Chapter 35: Vulnerable
Chapter 36: Our Chance
Chapter 37: Tears of Joy
Chapter 38: Self Worth
Chapter 39: Illuminate
Chapter 40: New Beginnings
Chapter 41: Recovery
Chapter 42: My Voice
Chapter 43: The End
Chapter 44: For You
Sequel!!!

Chapter 32: Confidence

2.1K 62 44
By shoto_kacchan

*Y/N's POV*

After the touching conversation with my lovely Tokyo boys last night, I received a video chat request from the oh-so-charming, Tōru. Recognizing his sense of style, I requested his help in picking out my bikini and outfit for my date today.

At first, he had quite a similar reaction to Tobio when I mentioned the word bikini, but uh... don't tell him he's similar to Tobio... EVER. Big mistake my friends. Hint: It ends with an extremely whiney, gloomy Oikawa.

Regardless, he chose a royal blue bikini with white polka dots since apparently the color made my eyes pop. As for my outfit, it took WAY too long for Tōru and I to make a decision. But eventually we decided on light blue, ripped jean shorts with a loose turquoise top, literally Aoba Johsai's school color.

So. Here I am now, waiting at the entrance of the water park with Yuu, our hands linked together and dangling at our sides as we took in the scenery around us. Families, big and small, stood on line at the admissions booth. A miserable little girl with pigtails wailed as her father desperately tried to force floaties onto the toddler's arm. Puddles of murky water randomly trailed across the concrete ground. Brightly colored tubes and slides twisted high into the air, peeking over the fence.

As we passed through the gates, we swerved off towards the rows of lounge chairs and umbrellas. The pungent scent of chlorine and sunscreen pierced my nostrils.

I placed my bag on one of the rickety beach chairs and shimmied off my jean shorts, uncovering my blue spotted bathing suit bottoms. I glanced over at Yuu who ripped his shirt off with no hesitation, revealing his toned body. His smooth skin glistened in the sunlight as he slathered himself in sunscreen. Oh shit... this is my first time seeing him shirtless... but damn that was not what I was expecting.

I quickly whipped my head around before he noticed me drooling over his abs. Right. My pale ass needs sunscreen too. I flipped open the top to my sunscreen and rubbed the cream into my arms and legs. I shook off my cheap flip flops and adjusted the black sunglasses on my face.

Turning back to Yuu, he asked curiously, "Are you ready to go? Your shirt will get soaked if you keep it on."

"I, uh, um," God damn it Y/N use real words.

He flashed me a warm smile. "Hey, don't you worry. I got you covered." He sent a wink in my direction before turning around to shuffle through his bag. He tugged out a black one piece bathing suit and handed it to me. "After you texted last night about your insecurities... I bought you this just in case your confidence faltered."

Literally... he's got me covered.

"Oh my gosh! Yuu! You didn't have to do that for me," I squealed, waving my hands around frantically.

I looked down at the slick black fabric in my hand. "But I think I still have to take a stab at this confidence thing." I took a deep breath, relaxed my shoulders, and set the bathing suit down on the chair, pausing before I took my next action. I shakily pulled the turquoise top off over my head. It's better to just rip the bandaid off right?

Yuu's eyes widened and I felt my cheeks heat up, probably bursting with all shades of pink. I immediately fumbled to cover my exposed stomach as best as I could, but ultimately failing due to lack of surface area provided by my arms.

After smearing sunscreen over my neck and stomach, I reached my hands around to my back, awkwardly spreading the cream. Without hesitation, Yuu snatched the bottle of sunscreen and effortlessly applied the cream for me. The sunscreen felt cold against my back, sending a chill up my spine... or was it Yuu's gentle touch lingering against my delicate skin that made me shiver.

*Nishinoya's POV*

Oh lord.
Why did I choose the water park?
I won't be able to take my eyes off her.
I mean... just look at her...
She's gorgeous.

Her golden blonde locks flowed neatly, framing her beautiful face. Her dark hair tumbled over her bare shoulders, the ends of her hair tickling the midsection of her back just below the tie on her bikini.

My eyes drifted lower, trailing down her spine and resting at the dimples in her lower back, hovering there for a moment. Despite how frail she looked, her half naked body was still intoxicating to me. The body that holds her bubbly, caring personality. The body that carries her cheerful, sparkling smile. The body that is beautiful because it belongs to Y/N.

I slipped my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me, her cool skin sizzling against the heat of my own.

I flinched momentarily over the iciness of her exposed skin. "Y/N! You're freezing! Why didn't you say anything!"

"Oh, it's alright. A little cold is nothing I can't handle," she played it off laughing. Her adorable smile spread ear to ear.

LIAR.

But... Instead of arguing with her stubborn ass, I wrapped my arms around her from behind in an attempt to transfer my body heat to her. My bare stomach pressed up against her exposed back, fitting together like puzzle pieces. The sensation of skin touching skin only aroused me more.

I rested my chin on her shoulder and out of the corner of my eye, I caught her smile somehow grow even wider.

"Next group!" A lifeguard called out from atop the platform.

I pried myself off of Y/N to look her in the eyes, "Ready?" I asked.

"Yes yes yes!" she replied, her giddy excitement building with each step she took towards the colorful slides.

"Lighter rider in the front," the lifeguard spoke monotonously.

Unfazed by his attitude, we both flopped into the divots of the orange figure eight shaped raft, Y/N in the front of course. My legs were split to either side of Y/N's body, forcing her to lean back against my chest.

She released her grip from the handles and tickled my foot, forcing me to retract it quickly. "Hey!" I tried to wriggle my leg away, but the lifeguard interrupted again.

"Keep your hands, feet, and arms inside the raft at all times. Enjoy your ride."

Without another word, we were pushed forward, inching closer and closer to the first drop of the slide. Y/N gripped onto my legs tightly, rather than reaching for the handles on the sides of the raft.

The slide took a steep drop, plummeting us through a dark tunnel. Y/N squealed with excitement the whole way through, echoing off the enclosed walls, causing me to crack up along with her contagious laugh.

We were blinded by daylight once again as the raft rocked side to side along the drifting water beneath us. Sloshes of water covered our laps on each twist and turn.

The raft steadied out as we approached the last drop. Wind whipped by our faces. Drips of water harshly splattered against our skin. Y/N's grip on my legs tightened as she let out one last scream. Joining in, I let out a small yelp in chorus as we rushed down the slide and plunged into the pool of water at the bottom.

Too impatient to wade, we used our hands to paddle ourselves back to shore.

I followed Y/N as she hopped out of the raft and walked up the stairs in front of me, her hips swaying gently.

Yuu! Stop staring!
I mentally slapped myself.

As we reached the top, she turned to face me and started jumping with joy.

"That was AMAZING!" Her eyes lit up with excitement. "It was like WHOOSH, SPLASH, then BOOM!" She twirled in circles, her arms above her head, dazing out completely.

As if expecting what would happen next, I reached out impulsively to catch her as she tripped over her own two feet, tumbling straight into my arms.

"Hey there, going somewhere?" I gleamed down at her.

She smiled up at me, her eyes squeezed shut from smiling so wide.

That smile.
It was real.

That smile wasn't covering anything. It was a smile of true genuine happiness, as if all her worries washed away in the water slide.

When her mind isn't bullying her body, she truly lives life in the moment. Knowing worry will only take away the time from today, she let it wash away, replacing it with something more powerful...

Confidence.

———

*A/N: Another sketch I did at work, but added glow to it later

Curious... do you prefer shorter or longer chapters?

Heh! Sorry another chapter with a mini life lesson (Not as powerful, but still important)...
Today's lesson: Confidence. The quickest way to acquire confidence, is by doing the exact thing you fear to do. You can't live life to the fullest if you fill it with worries of tomorrow. Take things one day at a time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7K 615 117
Haikyuu!! Fanfiction Tsukishima x OC Ogawa Nakano needed volleyball to live like a fish needs water. She'd been away from it for far too long. She...
1K 7 22
the summer before your year in high school. you had to move to Miyagi Prefecture, due to your parents divorce. you where dating tukishima kei who you...
908 37 5
โŸโจ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ช ๐“ฅ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ผ!๐“—๐“ช๐“ฒ๐“ด๐”‚๐“พ๐“พ!๐” ๐“•๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ต๐“ฎ!๐“ก๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ปโจโŸ "Do you think Tobio-Chan is better than me? I just think he's some lo...
13.8K 233 25
"I've played volleyball all my life and now it's time for high school and I am about to start at Karasuno. I was never confident in how I played so I...