Home is Together (A Supercorp...

By emmel23

Kara had to make a tough decision when she almost lost her best friend. In Lena's perspective, she struggles... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Six

3.1K 98 14
By emmel23

Kara looked away from the television screen and Lena met her eyes.

    "How are they working together? It's impossible!" Lena exclaimed.

    Kara shook her head. "I don't know."

    The news footage flickered for a second from Red Daughter's laser eyes. Ten feet behind her was another woman dressed in all black with a trace of decorative lace and a headpiece.

    "Reign had disappeared for nearly a year after we fought." Kara started pacing, wanting to fly off to where the fight was.

    "You can't fight them." Lena warned. "This has to be Lex or Lillian. They have something to do with Reign and Red Daughter attacking the city somehow."

    Lena couldn't explain why she believed her family was behind this team-up but Kara nodded her head in agreement. Kara had a feeling it was the Luthors but she couldn't figure out their plan. The Luthors made her skin crawl with hatred, something that doesn't happen often.

    "Reign disappeared literally minutes after our fight. We were pretty even but Brainy couldn't track her after she fled." Kara remembered her last encounter with the Worldkiller. She smiled shyly when she realized she was trying to impress Lena but she didn't seem to notice.

    "And Red Daughter hadn't been seen since she came to LCorp." Lena added on.

    Alex's voice came through Kara's coms again. "Supergirl, we have reinforcements. We need you." She said, struggling to sound like she had everything in control.

    Reign was nearly as strong as Supergirl the last time and Red Daughter was an exact replica of the Kryptonian. Kara had trouble fighting both separately and she wasn't prepared to have a full on battle with them, even if she had backup.

    "You're staying here." Kara told Lena, her expression serious. "You're staying out of danger."

    Before Lena could protest, Kara flew out of the building, heading straight to where the fighting was. She hated staying out of danger but she hated watching Kara head straight for it even more. She quickly changed into clothes that she can run in, in case she had to get away from something, and made her way to where the Super Team was now fighting Red Daughter and a Worldkiller.

    Kara's heart rate increased when she noticed Lena heading straight to the fight three blocks away. She saw the small hint of green of Lena's eyes even in the dark night and instantly knew it was her.

    "She just can't stay safe, can she?" Kara mustered enough strength to punch Red Daughter hard enough that she went flying into the air.

    Nia, J'onn, Alex, Maggie, and Brainy were all at the scene along with a few of the top DEO agents. They all knew how dangerous a Red Daughter and Reign combination could be. They were all fighting Reign but they would turn around and throw in a few punches to help out Kara whenever Red Daughter got a hit in.

Surprisingly, Reign was even stronger than she was before and she swatted Alex and Maggie away with ease. They both hit the ground hard and they didn't get back up. J'onn left the fight for a few minutes to fly Alex and Maggie back to the DEO to get them safely into the hands of some very professional doctors. During the time J'onn was away, Nia and Brainy took on Reign alone and it was very obviously taking a toll on them. Lena was now a block away and she hid by the corner of a restaurant, watching her friends being tragically defeated. Nia and Brainy managed to fight back enough to not get slammed into the pavement, but it wouldn't last much longer.

    Lena looked around for Kara and Red Daughter but she couldn't find them anywhere until she saw two figures circling the sky a hundred feet above the ground. Kara and Red Daughter exchanged punches but neither were injured at all. Their heat vision met in the middle and it became too strong for both of them. It exploded and threw them both backwards. Sparks flew everywhere, blinding Lena. By the time Lena blinked away the brightness, they had recovered. Red Daughter was slightly dazed and Kara took that to her advantage. Using her super speed, she opened her left palm and injected a needle into Red Daughter's neck.

    Lena watched as Red Daughter's eyes rolled back into her head and fell to the concrete. Lena flinched when the ground exploded. She glanced back up to Kara and their eyes met in understanding. While Kara was talking to Alex on the coms back at Lena's lab, Lena had walked over to a secret compartment on the middle of the floor and took out a small vial of liquidized Kryptonite. She had held up her hand to stop Kara from yelling that she had Kryptonite and motioned to the television screen. Kara understood what she had meant and she realized Lena had kept just the one vial in case Red Daughter visited her again and attacked her. Kara didn't look too pleased but she knew Lena wasn't going to hurt her.

    At this point, Kara looked over to Reign and realized Nia and Brainy were in deep trouble. Reign had knocked Brainy unconscious, dragging him across the concrete, and she was about to drop him off of a building but Nia appeared to her right and tied her up with her Dreamer rings. Reign turned and used her heat vision to fend off Nia. Dreamer collapsed but J'onn arrived at the right time to scoop her up and bring her and Brainy to the DEO, too.

    Kara was becoming more and more furious, upset that nearly all of her friends were hurt. She heard J'onn pick up Nia and Brainy's unconscious bodies, but she focused all of her attention on the Worldkiller in front of her. They were both floating ten feet in the air and they slowly moved in a circle, timing the right moment to pounce.

    Reign moved first but Kara was prepared and she dodged her attack. She flew in a zig-zag to try to get some distance between them but Reign followed close behind. The Worldkiller punched Kara so hard, she lost her footing mid-air for a second. That second was long enough for Reign to grab her by the cape and drag her through five buildings, slamming through every window. Kara felt every single impact and she flinched, hearing the cracks of the glass, but she couldn't wrestle free.

    Kara finally managed to break free from Reign's grip and she executed a mean uppercut, sending Reign flying through the atmosphere. If it were a normal person, they would've died on impact, but Reign simply dove back to Kara and punched her back.

    The punch felt like an eighteen-wheeler had slammed into her face and Kara hit the pavement. The ground cracked where Kara had been. Reign landed gracefully in front of her as if she was asking for more.

    Kara somehow got back to her feet and glared at Reign, her eyes glowing from rage. They exchanged hundreds more punches and kicks hard enough to collapse a building, but Reign and Kara kept going. After a few minutes, it was clear that Kara was starting to feel exhausted. Luckily, J'onn showed up again and had the element of surprise on his side. He floated down slowly and quietly behind Reign before he released his powers on her. Reign yelped, taken aback. J'onn's powers rippled through her and she screamed in pain.

    Unluckily, J'onn's surprise attack made the Worldkiller angrier and she lashed out by flying straight at him. This time, J'onn was the one who wasn't prepared. Reign pushed him through the buildings that she hadn't destroyed previously, but J'onn wasn't able to escape like Kara had.

    Satisfied, Reign turned around to continue her fight with Kara but she found the Kryptonian in front of her. Reign activated her heat vision again but Kara dodged it easily. She glanced down into the street for a moment and she saw the DEO agents that were supposed to help huddling in a corner from fear, but she couldn't find Lena anywhere.

    She felt a little relieved that her best friend was out of danger. She let out a sigh of relief before her face hardened. Kara felt her power surge through her. She spun 360 degrees and clapped her hands together. The clap was a shrill sound and it broke all of the remaining glass within a one mile radius, but more importantly it hurt Reign.

    Kara paused to catch her breath after the clap, perfectly aware that it will drain her of a lot of energy, especially after such a long and tiring fight. Something moved and she noticed it out of the corner of her eye. She turned to see what it was and Reign took her distraction as an advantage.

    Reign grabbed Kara by the throat and squeezed hard enough to make Kara gasp desperately for air. Her face had been cut and bruised from how hard she had been punched. She tried to wriggle free from Reign's grip but she was too strong.

    "I shall rule Earth." Reign's voice echoed as if three people were talking. She held up her free fist and pounded Kara's face over and over. Kara slumped, wanting to give up. Her head snapped back from the force and she felt blood trickling down her face. The yellow sun had been long gone and Kara's healing powers were gone along with it.

    Lena was frantically trying to find Kara and Reign. She had lost them in the chaos. She ran up and down the surrounding streets before she saw a figure with her hand gripping another's neck. Lena stopped herself from being hopeful that Kara was the one who was winning the fight. She nervously stepped closer to see who was who.

    Her heart nearly stopped when she realized Reign had Kara by the neck and she nearly cried when she saw how badly Kara was hurt. She took in all of her cuts and bruises and she shivered, never having seen Kara bleed before.

    "Supergirl..." She whispered and she silently prayed to every single god that she knew, even though she wasn't religious. She felt a tug in her chest and she clutched it as if she was trying to protect it.

    Reign had been floating upwards slowly, aiming for the tall building in front of her. She stared Supergirl in the eyes as if she had a personal grudge against her and she smiled as she watched Kara close her eyes, defeated.

    Lena watched their ascent and stepped even closer. The Worldkiller had dropped Kara off at the roof of the skyscraper and she was standing over her limp body.

    "This is my destiny, Kryptonian." The Worldkiller was saying to Kara. "You cannot stop me. No one can."

    Kara had drained nearly all of her energy and so she could only listen to Reign rant on and on.

    "I was created for this very purpose and I will not fail my ancestors. My kind will soon grow and take over all of humanity. You will serve me before I will ever serve you." Reign continued, her voice becoming more threatening by the second.

    All Kara could muster was a groan and Reign smiled at the powerless alien at her feet.

    "You are weak and pathetic, Kryptonian. The Worldkillers will have unlimited power and we will be invincible." She mocked.

    Reign picked up a now unconscious Kara with one hand as if she were picking up a small animal and walked over to the edge of the building.

    Lena screamed as she watched Reign drop her best friend seventy stories.

    The ground shook when Kara made impact with it and the concrete separated, creating a crater with Kara in the center. Lena looked up at the roof but Reign was gone. Dozens of people began to emerge from the shadows and gathered around the fallen hero but Lena was able to shove her way through the crowd to get to her.

    Tears were streaming down her face and she felt her heart rate spike from fear that Kara was dead. She brushed her hand against Kara's bleeding face and she wiped away some of her tears before she put her head on Kara's chest. She whimpered when she couldn't find a heartbeat and she slumped against her best friend. Lena stayed like that for seconds, hoping to hear something, but it felt like eternity. She let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding when she finally heard a faint thump.

    The DEO agents that were there from the beginning tried to pull Lena away but she refused to leave her side until she realized Kara needed their medical attention more than her at the moment. She sniffled as she got up and she wiped her cheeks, smearing her face with Kara's blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226 8 1
Kara tried to tell Lena her secret at the Pulitzer party, but couldn't. The next day she reminisces over her old suit, forgetting that she and Lena h...
122K 3.3K 40
After the big reveal, Lena just wanted to never see Kara again. So, she just left National City, without telling a word to Kara or all the other Supe...
12.5K 408 10
(Completed at 17626 words) Kara Danvers' room mate is an obnoxious, filthy, unkempt, annoying brat. She gets home in the early hours of the morning...
99.8K 3K 23
It's been months that Lena and Kara haven't talked. While Kara is broken from the distance between them, not knowing that Lena knows her deepest secr...