Baby Steps

Por lockett_heart

Sequal to Story of a Heart. "I almost couldn't believe it. After all this time? The last two years have been... Más

Prologue - Dark Horizons
Chapter 1 - Reunited at last
Chapter 2 - Rhyl
Chapter 3 - Run Away
Chapter 4 - Beauty
Chapter 5 - Family goodbyes
Chapter 6 - Our home
Chapter 7 - New arrival
Chapter 8 - Secret Motives
Chapter 9 - Boys
Chapter 10 - Finding Faye
Chapter 12 - New Year
Chapter 13 - More Pets
Chapter 14 - Holiday
Chapter 15 - Ill
Chapter 16 - Ice Skates and Albums
Chapter 17 - Interviews and Agreements
Chapter 18 - Birthday Conversations
Chapter 19 - Conversations
Chapter 20 - Step in the right direction
Chapter 21 - Pregnant
Chapter 22 - Final months
Chapter 23 - Baby Ben
Chapter 24 - The Scott-Lees
Chapter 25 - Pregnancy two
Chapter 26 - Motherhood Practice
Chapter 27 - Progress
Chapter 28 - Sickness bug
Chapter 29: And baby makes four

Chapter 11 - The Family Reunion

100 2 4
Por lockett_heart

Lisa's Point of View
"Lisa? Are you paying any attention to me?" Faye asked me as I brushed eyeshadow onto my eyes.
"Yes?" I replied, I half had, but I'd got confused and given up after a while.
"Okay then, in that case you will know which topics we are avoiding talking about and with who. Go." Faye replied, she wasn't doing it to be cruel, more just to ensure I didn't upset her family.
"I'm not allowed to start conversations about Steps with Dotty... Danny once she's drunk, though as far as I can tell she always is." I mean it wasn't a lie, all the stories Faye had told me about the other members of the Bourne family they all drunk like Faye and I liked to on tour. "Rugby is urhm... Aron, Ari, Sammy and urmmm... oh god Josh?"
"And Dan. I feel as though you want to get beaten up by my cousins!" She laughed, came up behind me and hugged me. "Better plan - in the interest of not being the cause of a family argument, just don't mention rugby at all. Or Bond films, I mean you don't exactly know anything about them." She grinned at me in the mirror at the end.
I rolled my eyes at being reminded of my pub quiz failing. "This is why we can't do pub quizzes!" I replied but I smiled too.
"Being fair my Scottsie Bear, if you just talk about anything you do normally everyone will love you anyway, you have so many charms sweetie." She said.
I grinned again, and went back to applying my eye shadow. She went back across the room and set about brushing her hair. I was greatly looking forwards to this, to meeting her family and also to getting drunk with her again (as much as we enjoyed it generally speaking we didn't really get drunk at home, mostly because it wasn't as fun as it was if you could sing along to the music and befriend people you will never speak to again).

I knew what shoes I wanted to wear down there, but I had no idea where I'd packed them, or indeed if I'd packed them.
"Come onnnnnnnn" Faye whined.
"I'm coming. I'm coming." I said, pulling my shoes out by the heal I'd managed to grab.
She grinned, knowing that whenever I said I was ready I usually wasn't. I slipped my feet into my shoes and battled the buckle on the side. I couldn't get the damn strip of fabric into the buckle, let alone get the pin in the hole. Faye sighed and knelt down, gently doing up the shoes for me. She didn't need to ask how tight they needed to be because the one size hole I used was very obvious.
She stood up opposite me, adjusted our little shared bag so it wasn't falling off her shoulder, and kissed me softly on the lips. We pulled apart, both suddenly remembering our makeup. "Okay so now you're ready, shall we?" She asked, offering me her hand.
I smiled and took her hand. "Of course." I said.
Before we were more than a few steps from our room's door she'd slipped her hand round my waist.

Faye's point of view
I was slightly worried for my family's reaction to Lisa, so before we walked into the room I took her hand again. I'd never actually told many of them about my sexuality (unsurprising given how little time my mum had known), and as much as I knew my cousins would catch on I was worried about my nan and my aunties more than anyone else.
"Ah Faye baby you're here, looking lovely as ever." My mum said, taking me in a gentle hug. When she let me go she looked over Lisa before taking her into a hug too. "Oh and Lisa my darling how beautiful you look like that."
I glanced at Lisa and saw she was blushing. "Sorry" I mouthed to her as she looked over at me. She smiled.
"It's fine" She mouthed back.
"Come talk to your nan I'm sure she's desperate to see you baby." My mum said taking my hand and leading me across the room.
I tried not to groan, though at least it made the explaining easier as a majority of my older relatives were on a table together, watching as my cousins and the other younger relatives danced or got pissed.
"Mum, this is Faye and Lisa." My mum said to my nan.
My nan looked me over, stood up shakily and hugged me. "So good to see you my little pop star princess." She said. "And lovely to meet your friend too." she added, shaking Lisa's hand before sitting back down.
Lisa's other hand was still in mine, and she showed no sign of letting go. We'd discussed that I'd like to tell my aunts, uncles and nan, but she was still on edge because of how her family finding out had gone. We'd never really brought it up since we'd been dating, but I feel as though the night she'd opened up to me about 'the girl' she'd loved being me and I'd been horrible to her played a part in her fear of telling people about us too, even though we'd long since moved on from that. I looked at her to check she was still comfortable with me telling them, and she nodded but squeezed my hand a little tighter anyway.
"Actually nan, and actually all of you here who care, Lisa and I are dating." I said. Lisa squeezed my hand so tightly I was sure she was going to cut off the blood supply. When I was met by a few confused stares I took a deep breath. "I'm interested in dating girls, so Lisa is my girlfriend, in the same way as you were once grampie's girlfriend nana."
My nan smiled and her eyes lit up a little bit. "Oh my pop star princess, of course you'd be the one to have a girlfriend." She said smiling a little.
Lisa's grip on my hand loosened as she realised this wasn't going to be a repeat of her situation. She smiled at my relatives. "Hello, uhm yes I'm Lisa and Faye and I are dating." She said, her voice much quieter than normal.
My Aunty Lucy got up from the table, ran round and hugged Lisa. It was clear Lucy was slightly drunk already, it was where Dotty (despite her name being Danielle we called her Dotty or often to avoid confusion with mum Dotty-Danny) got it from after all. "Why are you so scared? We're not scary!"
Lisa smiled at my aunt. "Well I'm not scared of you guys, just of telling people in our, Faye and I I mean's, families about us. My dad didn't exactly take it too well when he found out."
Mercifully, if our fight was a reason she was scared to tell people about us, she refrained from mentioning it.
My aunt smiled at her. "Aww darlin'. Well I think it's lovely that you two are in love. You both look so happy with each other."

When my relatives had finished admiring us and telling us how sweet we were, I took Lisa off to meet my cousins, in the hope that they'd be both accepting and somehow more chill about the matter. It didn't take me long to find Dotty, or rather for Dotty to find us.
"Come on Faye you're not drunk!" Dotty said tugging on my arm.
"Lisa this is Dotty-Danny, Danny this is my girlfriend Lisa." I said.
Dotty stopped, narrowed her eyes and stared at Lisa and I. Lisa squeezed my hand again and I brushed my thumb across hers. There was a moment where none of us spoke.
"OH MY GOD! That's so cute!" Dotty squealed, and took Lisa and I into a tight hug together, before dragging us both off to be brought drinks.
"How long have you been dating? Was it while you were still in that silly group?" Dotty asked as she led us across the room to where her siblings and both my sisters were sat.
I sighed. "Given we were both in the 'silly group' together what do you think?" I replied.
Dotty stared at Lisa again. "Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhh... you were!" Dotty whispered as she realised. "So when the group split up what happened? Did you move in together?"
I'd forgotten Dotty was the one who was always full of questions. Fortunately Lisa explained so I didn't have to and we sat down with my sisters and cousins so Dotty was prevented from asking any other questions.

Lisa's point of view
"I still think it's adorable." Sammy said as I finished my third pint of the night.
I smiled. "Thanks!" I glanced round. I was getting worried now, Faye still hadn't returned from wherever Danny had dragged her off to after introducing us to the others and making us suffer though what felt like an interview on our relationship.
"She'll be back soon, its something they always do at family gatherings." Sammy explained, it didn't make anything any clearer.
Clare groaned and looked round the room to see if she could see her little sister anywhere. "They have to go say hello to everyone together, the only problem is that they have to drink while they do it. It was alright when they were kids and mum wouldn't let Faye get drunk but its a nightmare nowadays. She's a bleeding monster when she does. Anyway, what's it like living with my monster of a sister?" She teased.
Clare loved Faye really and I knew that. "Faye's not a monster and you know it! Its lovely for us two that we get to live together. Even if she is messy and chaotic at times. When we were first together we never really got any time to ourselves because the five of us, you know Steps, shared a house together, but Faye and I shared a room. It wasn't the same as having our own house..." I replied. I knew I'd of carried on talking for ages if someone hadn't slipped their arms round me from behind. I tensed then tried not to panic. I'd had enough experiences with drunk, mostly (but not always) males, doing stuff like this. Every aspect of my being told me this wasn't a good sign. I took a deep breath and dared myself to look up. To my immense relief I saw it was Faye, not a random person. I breathed a sigh of relief, and she kissed my forehead.
"Sorry if I scared you Scottsie." She said with a worried smile.
I smiled back at her. "It's fine Tozie." I replied.
She let me go and fell into the chair next to me before leaning her head up against my arm. I could tell she wasn't actually drunk, just trying to make everything seem like an effort.

A few drinks later Faye, Danny, Sammy, Cas and I (along with a couple of the boys) decided that talking was boring and that we needed to show all the respective small children in the room how use a dancefloor. Which probably would have been fine if Cas could stand up without having to hold onto something, and if Danny and Sammy could actually dance. Faye and I did fine at dancing though. Well we thought we did fine, but in reality we probably looked like utter morons. But it didn't matter to me though, and I wasn't sure it really mattered to her what she looked like, we were having fun.
At the end of one of the songs we'd been dancing to she looked at me and, very gently, kissed me, as if she needed to prove to someone we really were together. I was drunk and happy, so I didn't care and I just kissed her back. We were sensible and didn't make it too gross, knowing that there were small children nearby. I didn't realise until after it was the first time we'd kissed when we knew there'd be people who weren't our closest friends watching.
"You taste like... something fruity, and you're a very good kisser." She whispered to me, her breath blowing the loose hairs that had escaped the style I'd put them up in out of my face.
"You're a pretty awesome kisser too. And you taste like cider too." I replied smiling at her.

Faye's point of view
All I recall of the evening after us kissing in front of my family is that Lisa and I danced with my cousins and drunk more alcohol. And Clare naturally had an element of disappointment in how drunk I was. I was both drunk and so full of happiness that no-one's opinions mattered anymore, and neither did the music choices. In that time where I was dancing badly, and singing both tunelessly and loudly along to the music with Lisa beside me I felt like I never wanted anything to change from that. If that was what the rest of my life consisted of then I'd be happy. In fact I wouldn't have minded being stuck in that moment forever.
We'd made it thought the night without Lisa saying anything stupid, and I was proud of her for that. In fact most of my relatives had commented on how sweet she was, just as I had predicted they would. I also hadn't done or said anything stupid, although Aron had tried to lift me above his head (causing me to squeal and try to wriggle out of his grip) anyway, though mostly to prove his strength.
I vaguely recall us being told we should probably go to bed at some point, and the two of us crawling into our room at about 2am. At that point we'd both got changed, got into bed and lay there curled up together, our arms around each other for a while before falling asleep.

My hangover the following morning killed when I woke up at a time I was too lazy and comfortable to roll over and check. The hangover was strangely reminiscent of the night in Berlin when we'd got absolutely hammered and then had to do a silly tour of the city's history the next day while Lisa and I were hungover beyond belief. Unfortunately neither H or Claire were here for me to tell, less than politely, to go away.
I smiled slightly at the memory, and snuggled closer to Lisa, glad I still had her, glad that when it had come down to the choice between her and Lee I'd eventually made the right one. She mumbled something as I hugged her a little tighter, but I didn't hear what. I relaxed my grip on her a little anyway. I buried my face into the top she was wearing, whispered to her that I loved her, then drifted back off to sleep again. Her hair was soft and slightly silky even after last night, and it was a nice feeling where it had ended up flicked across my arm, and weirdly (perhaps where it was reminiscent of the past) it made me feel more comfortable.

The next thing I was aware of was Lisa having moved and I looked up to see her letting Dotty into the room. I smiled at Lisa, she was in one of my too-big tops that was basically a dress on her. I knew she'd slept in it because I knew my tops kept going missing and that I kept finding her wearing them in the evenings. Lisa sat herself down on the bed next to me and I forced myself to sit up. I looked at Dotty and Dotty looked at me. One of us was going to say something stupid it was just a game of who.
"Enjoying that hang over?" She teased. I contemplated sticking my middle finger up at her, but she carried on talking before I could. "Anyway, most of us are going out this afternoon for a walk together, are you going to come?"
I looked at her. "Sure." I replied before rolling over.
"Great we're going at half two." Dotty said before leaving again.
I called a few swear words after her, more because she was being bossy than anything, but I had no idea if she'd actually heard them. I might not have Claire to swear at while hungover anymore, but I could always use a sober Dotty instead.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

439K 14.3K 33
C O M P L E T E D ♡Book Two Of Stepbrothers Don't Love (SDL)♡ "Things come and go and you have to learn to accept it." -BlackandBlue222 There's a lo...
138K 2.5K 48
Jennie and Lisa have been dating for three years, they met in a House Party from one of their mutual friend. They are so in love to each other and is...
2.5K 130 24
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
351 48 23
When Lisa Winters gets into a car accident, because of her fucked-up mother; her whole world flips upside down. When Lisa and Chase finally admit the...