The Emperor's Favorite (Dropp...

By YERINHWAJ

Thanks to her talents and beauty, Jiao Wei enters the Imperial Harem and starts a long journey from begin a l... More

Author Note and Character Profile
Imperial Harem Ranking System
1. The Forbidden City
2. Imperial Concubine Chun
3. The First Night
5. The Secret Date (ruined)
6. Imperial Concubine Jian
6.2 / Update on the ranks of the Harem + a little message!
8. The Banquet
9. Dear Sister
10. Pregnant
Notice
I might comeback
I finally returned?
11. The Fourth Princess
12. A New Start
13. My Beloved
14. Princess Uisun
15. The Selection
16. The Sun and The Moon
Updates on the Royal Harem (1-16) + some things :)
17. Summer Heat
18. Cold Palace
19. The Emperor's Birthday
20. The Empress

4. Unexpected News

2.7K 57 32
By YERINHWAJ

The photo I used as the chapter cover is how Imperial Noble Consort Qi looks.
The photo I used is not mine, credit to the rightful owner.

"MeiMei, you look quite well, how was the night with the Emperor?"
Jiao Wei knew that her sister didn't mean well, since she was born, Ling Wei always tried to frame her.
Since her position of the only daughter of Wei Household was 'stolen' by Jiao Wei, she always resented her.

But their father, Liu Wei, never punished Ling Wei, because she favorited her mother.
"JieJie I'm in a good mood thanks to His Majesty, and how are you?"

Ling Wei, with her beautiful face ruined by the jealousy, replied "I'm quite well you know, His Majesty praised me for begin good at playing the guzheng[1]"

"I'm happy for you, if you allow me, now I need to retire." Jiao Wei didn't want anymore to hear Ling Wei words, so she leaved without looking anymore at her.

"You will see what I'm capable of" then, Ling Wei leaved too.

———

A month passed, Ling Wei was now the new favorite, the Emperor visited her two times in a row, which was rare for a new concubine.

Noble Lady Ling also was graced by the Emperor, after he discovered her talent with the pipa, he was enchanted by her charm and beauty.

Strangely, Consort Hua didn't make any move, she was all time in her personal chamber, rarely she went out.

In the evening the banquet for First Prince sixth birthday would be held.

The banquet hall was luxurious for the Prince, a red carpet with gold embroidery was put in the middle, the right seats were for women and the left for mens, all of the participants were from high ranked families, with officials and their wives.

The Emperor seat was in the middle, obviously it was made gold.
The closest seats to him were for his mother and for Imperial Noble Consort Qi.

The most important guest, aside from the Royal Family, was the Emperor uncle, the brother of the previous Emperor: Prince of the First Rank Gao, along his official wife and his favorite concubine.

In fact, Prince Gao was a candidate for the Dragon throne, but most of the officials, along the Empress Dowager, didn't support him, but that doesn't mean he hasn't any influence in state affairs.

Before any problem or proposal will begin examined by the Emperor in the court, Prince Gao will know about it first. Because of this, his presence is always a problem for the throne, he may, at any moment, start a rebellion.

Fortunately, that doesn't seem, for now, in his plans.

Every concubine wore luxurious dresses in hope to catch the eyes of the Emperor, Jiao Wei wasn't an exception.

In fact, most of the performances in the banquets were from the hard-working concubines, for example, today Jiao Wei along his friend, Noble Lady Ling, would perform a dance along the sound of the pipa.

Noble Lady Wei wore a luxurious blue and red ruqun chest with gold embroidery, golden hairpins can be seen in her long and silky black hair, her sister wasn't an exception, her dress was also quite luxurious: a pink dress that shows her chest, her hair is full of golden hairpins with pink flowers.

Also Noble Lady Ling was going with the extravagant look: a red and purple ruqun chest with golden hairpins.

When it was evening, the participants of the banquet started to enter the hall, soon all the seats were occupied.

After some minutes, the personal eunuch of the Emperor announced the arrival of the protagonist of this feast.

"Attention! His Majesty the Emperor, Her Majesty the Empress Dowager, His Highness the First Prince arrived!"

Immediately, everyone bows to them to show their respect and loyalty.

As everyone takes their seats, the banquet finally starts.
Professional dancers start their performance, and everyone is enjoying themselves with drinks and food.

Finally, its the concubines' turn to perform, Jiao Wei and Noble Lady Ling starts their performance.

After Noble Lady Ling starts to play the pipa, Noble Lady Wei makes her entrance. She starts to elegantly dance following the rhythm.

Everyone is speechless, they heard that the new concubines were not only highly favorited, but also talented. It seems the rumors were true.

The Empress Dowager was proud of her niece, she was glad she was selected as a concubine; and now she wanted her to have a child soon as possible, she knew the Emperor recently started to have feelings for her.

As she looked to him, she saw his eyes focused on her and his checks were of a bright red color; she smiled at that. Then the Empress Dowager looked away as she focused on the performance.

For the Emperor, Jiao Wei was the seduction itself. She didn't wore a scandalous dress like her sister, but she found Jiao Wei sexy as her dress pointed out her perfect curves.

Probably, no for sure he will spend the night with her.

The First Prince, along his mother, were jealous. Even if he was merely six year old, he knew how the harem worked; and he didn't like that his father was showing favor to a low ranked concubine rather than his mother, Imperial Noble Consort Qi.

As the performance finished, everyone clapped to the concubines, then Noble Lady Ling and Noble Lady Wei bowed to the Emperor in respect to him.

Consort Hua, strangely, didn't make any facial expression when she saw the Emperor face.
When the two concubines toke their seats, she made an announcement.

"Emperor, Pin Qie wants to announce something."

As the Emperor gave permission to Consort Hua to speak, she said "This concubine, today, brings a joyful news for the Imperial Family. Soon, another prince will be born. Pin Qie is one month pregnant."

Immediately, Imperial Noble Consort looked at her newly rival. The expression she made was priceless.

"Consort Hua, are you speaking the truth?" asked the Empress Dowager.

"This concubines doesn't dare to lie on this matter, the Imperial Doctor Wu confirmed it himself."

-
key words:
1. guzheng: a traditional chinese instrument.

noble lady wei/jiao wei dress:

first-class female attendant wei/ling wei dress:

noble lady ling dress:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 1.4K 69
true love never exists right?? or If it does than only give pain. "It's amazing how someone can break your heart, and you can still love them with al...
326K 13.2K 122
It all started when Princess Catheline married the dangerously attractive and recently crowned King of Anthreal, Xander. After their marriage, he ne...
9.5M 728K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...
42.6K 1.8K 18
"Rana Sa...." Why are you trembling...are you ok should I call someone for help.... "Sh...ssshhhhh...... Ahana....i would be inside you till now if y...