oliver wood imagines

By westcoastcollective

just some oliver wood imagines for y'all :) • all chapters are my original writing, please don't repost elsew... More

Disclaimer!!
A Bit Odd
Filthy Little Mudblood
Right Beneath Your Nose (Pt. 1)
Right Beneath Your Nose (Pt. 2)
Right Beneath Your Nose (Pt. 3)
Sorry Madam Pomfrey
Ideas/Suggestions?
Don't Flatter Yourself
Common Room Festivities
After a Long Day
update

Christmas

6.8K 96 73
By westcoastcollective

Christmas at Hogwarts, circa 1991 (The Philosopher's Stone)
-----------------------
tw// mention of dead parents
-----------------------
Spirits were high at Hogwarts, after all it was Christmas time. Some students had their bags packed and prepared to spend Christmas with their family and some of them stayed here. Your aunt, who's taken care of you since your parents passed, was unable to plan a Christmas vacation this year. It was simply too busy at the ministry but she promised to make it up to you in the summer. Honestly, you didnt mind that you were unable to spend Christmas with your aunt since it meant spending more time with Oliver. After finding out you couldn't go home for Christmas he practically begged his parents to stay at Hogwarts for the holidays. His parents were disappointed that he didn't want to come home and bring you along; how eager they were to meet you, but they understood. The two of you had a day planned out in Hogsmeade after you messed around at the pitch. Most days you'd be annoyed by Oliver's insistent urge to play/talk about quidditch but you thought it'd be fun to experience flying as it snowed.

You were woken up by the sound of a young boys voice, somewhat distant but still loud. Hearing foggy, you couldn't pick up what he said. You rubbed your eyes and kicked the knitted blanket off from over your feet. Taking a few seconds to actually wake up, you realized it was Christmas. Leaping off the bed, your feet met the cold wooden floor. You made your way down the stairs to see two young boys in the common room. By the looks of their hair and height, you figured it was Ron and Harry.

"Mornin' Ron, mornin' Harry!"

"Good morning Y/N!" They said in unison. "Merry Christmas Y/N" they said cheerfully as you made your way towards the Christmas tree. You smiled and said it back.

Bending down to the floor beneath the tree, you looked through each of the presents searching for one with your name. Finally, your hand grazed over a small box wrapped in shiny red wrapping paper, topped with a gold bow and an embossed card attached. The card read:

'Dearest Y/N,

It's safe to say our Christmas trip has been postponed. Due to how busy the ministry is at the moment I won't be able to make it up to you until summer. Until then, capture your memories with this, hold onto them so you can tell me all about it later on. P.S. I don't want any inappropriate photos with that Wood fellow. Tell him I said hi will ya?

Love,

Your Aunt'

You scoffed when you got to the part about Oliver. Your aunt only met him a couple of times over the summer when he'd come over to hang out but you didn't think it was that obvious that you two were together. After folding the card into your pant pocket you finally opened the present. Ripping away at the glossy paper your eyes beamed at the sight. A brand new polaroid camera, still in its packaging. They were all the craze this year but you'd been asking your aunt for one since your first year at Hogwarts. Unable to contain it any longer, you let out a shriek and jumped up and down. The yell caught the attention of Ron and Harry who quickly ran over to check if you were okay.

"Woah! Is that a brand new camera?! My brother Percy's always wanted one, mum and dad always told him no but-" Ron cut himself off once he saw Oliver approaching.

"Merry Christmas Ron, Harry, Y/N" he said with a charming smile. You felt his body come behind you, leaning into him as his arms wrapped around your waist. He gingerly placed kisses from behind your ear to the top of your shoulder.

"Ew! There's children present y'know. George, help, shield their eyes!" Fred said as they jokingly placed their hands over Harry and Ron's faces. You broke out of Oliver's grasp and quickly yanked a pillow off of the couch to your side, throwing it in their direction. It hit Fred straight in the nose causing you all to laugh.

"I'll get you for that Y/L/N..."

You quickly ran around the furniture scattered about the common room, dodging the twins as they tried to get you. You fell back into Oliver's hands and he looked at you with a cunning smile.

"Oliver Wood you bloody bastard I swea-" you were cut off by him carrying you over to the twins.

They were all laughing at you struggle under the twins grasp while they tickled you. Trying your best to calm down, you closed your eyes and tried to fling objects over to the twins. Two ornaments flung off of the decorated tree and they finally let you go, rubbing their heads in pain. You made your way over to Oliver, looking at him as though you were going to kiss. You inched closer and closer and he willingly leaned in, once he was close enough you kneed him in his crotch.

"Ohhh, bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed and Harry flinched at the sight

Oliver rolled on the ground in pain, "I- Why'd you have to do that for!?"

Your eyes rolled back, "Oh Oliver, Oliver, Oliver...betrayal is a confusing thing isn't it?" You smirked and made your way up to your dorm. "If anybody needs me I'll be in my dorm, it's not like any of you could get up here but, just in case."

"Oh Harry check this out! If you try to get up to the girls dormitory the stairs will make you slide right down." George said.

"Go on, try it!" Fred encouraged.

Harry tried his best to make it up the stairs, sliding down each time. The boys were engulfed in laughter.

"Boys..." you muttered and rolled your eyes, making your way into the dorm.

You quickly got ready. Threw on loose but warm maroon jumper, a light jacket on top and a pair of comfortable jeans. Stuffing a beanie in your pocket for later, you then put on your favorite pairs of shoes on top of some warm socks.

Once you were back down in the common room, Oliver looked up with a bright smile on his face.

"Ready to go love?" He asked, holding his spare hand out for you to grab, his other carrying two brooms.

"Have fun!"

"But not too much fun! Use *covering Harry and Ron's ears* protection" the twins yelled, slowly turning into a light whisper as they said the last word.

The two of you scoffed and made your way to the quidditch pitch. Once you got there Oliver set your brooms down on the grass, his breath apparent in the cold air.

"So, Y/N, I know I promised you this would be fun but I just need you to do one small favor. And I'm not going to try and beat you or anything, I just need you to catch this-" he rummaged around in his back pockets, swiftly pulling out the golden snitch.

"But Oliver-"

"I know, you don't usually play as seeker but trust me, it'll be worth it," a big smile made it's way onto his face, causing you to smile back.

Whatever he had in store for you, you weren't prepared, but you did it anyway since you were both eager to please him and find out what this was all about.

The both of you lifted your hands over your brooms, quickly it made it's way into your grasp. Oliver released the snitch and you soon went after it. At first it fluttered around then in a flash it was as if it wasn't even there. You maneuvered yourself around the pitch, unable to see where it went.

"Oliver this is impos-" you stopped yourself as you heard the flapping of its light wings. Following the sound, you made your way around a couple of the goalposts and flew just above the grass. Quickly, you reached your hands out and caught the snitch. You hopped off your broom and jumped up and down cheerfully.

Oliver was still on his broom above you, "ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR!! GRYFFINDOR WINS!" he flew back down to meet you on the cold grass. His slightly taller frame stood in front of you as you held the snitch in your hand. His hand grazed over the snitch and it opened in your palms.

"How did you do that?"

"I may or may not have asked Dumbledore for help. After spending a few detentions with him after sending that howler, he taught me a few things." You both laughed. "Well go on, open it," he encouraged and waited for your reaction.

You carefully grabbed what seemed to be a skinny golden chain out of the snitch. Placing it in your hands, you realized it was a round locket, it beamed as the sun shined through the clouds. As you opened it your smile slowly turned into a small frown.

"Do you not like it?" Oliver asked with a worried expression on his face.

"No, I mean yes, I love it but- thank you." You wrapped him into a hug and buried your face in his chest. Tears welled up in your eyes as you looked back at the locket. It opened vertically unlike most lockets, making it able to fit two small photos in the middle piece. On one side was a photo of your parents, happily laughing while embraced in a hug, and the other side was you and Oliver doing the same. You swore that you could hear the small animated photos in front of you, hearing your parents laugh that you haven't heard in years. Oliver softly wiped your tears away, his callused fingertips drawing your attention to him.

"Thank you."

The two of you shared a soft and sweet kiss as snowflakes started to make their way down to the ground.

"Can you put it on for me?" You asked, gathering your hair in one hand and holding it above your neck. Oliver linked the chain and admired how you looked with it on. You were both so busy just looking at each other and admiring each other's company that you didn't even notice that the pitch was covered in a thin layer of snow.

"When did this happen?" He joked, "Come on, let's go back-"

"Oliver wait- I almost forgot, how stupid of me." You pulled out a thin envelope from your jacket and gave it to him. His face lit up as he saw what was inside.

"Two tickets to a Puddlemere United match?! Thank you Y/N!" His head was in his hands out of shock, he'd always wanted to go to a match but was never able to. Once again he wrapped you into a tight hug and placed a soft kiss on the top of your head.

The two of you made your way back to the common room. As you were walking there you just had to ask, "so where'd you get the pictures of my parents from?"

"Got it from your aunt actually, even wrote her a few letters back and forth."

"That's sweet, she told me to tell you that she says hi."

"Well, I'll have to write her back, but tell her I said hi if you get the chance to first."

"She really likes you you know," you told him, playing with his hands as you two stopped to talk in the hallway. "I th-I think I want to just stay here for the day if that's all right with you."

His eyebrows furrowed at first, then he understood what you meant by 'here'. "Oh of course. We can always go to Hogsmeade another time, as long as I'm with you I'm happy. " The two of you were about to lean in for yet another kiss before you were interrupted.

"Would you two young wizards please, for the love of Merlin, get a room!" Dumbledore joked.

"Albus, do not disturb the children, it's only young love. Besides, I think it's sweet." Professor Mcgonagall said softly with a smile.

You and Oliver gave a slight head nod and smiled back.

"Merry Christmas, the two of you." Dumbledore said as he walked away.

"Merry Christmas, dears. I hope you enjoyed your holiday."

"Thank you Professor, Headmaster. Merry Christmas to you both."

------------------------
Sorry if the ending seemed kind of dragged on, I didnt want it to end, and also its currently August and nowhere near Christmas but please don't judge me I just wanted a cute and soft Christmas imagine. I hope you enjoyed, if you read all 2k or so words, if you didn't then...I don't know go like read something else. Anyways have a great day/night!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.5K 606 30
Harry Potter Oneshots- fluff, imagines, smut *reuploaded*(All smut is with the characters 18+)
743K 9.4K 33
Various Harry Potter x Reader oneshots and imagines! This book of imagines has been DISCONTINUED and I will not be accepting any requests. Some chap...
7.2K 23 34
Just some Wizarding World imagines / Oneshots written by me! Moonythe2nd 🌙. Requests open 😀 slow and random updates ( will try to work on that )...
23.7K 201 27
One shots of the characters from Harry Potter. Please leave requests. I will do any character of any relation. The OC Will be female unless someone r...