supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

By universaja

More

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[64]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[74]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[88]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[94]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[45]

3.9K 201 76
By universaja

c h a p t e r - f o r t y f i v e

"No, no, no. That can't be happening." You paced back and forth around the library with a frown. "There should be an answer.. They aren't- I- There has to be.."

You slumped on the ground and sniffed. Everytime you closed your eyes, you'll always see your father, waving his hand and trying to tell you it is alright. It's been awhile since it happened again. You must admit you depended quite a lot with the boys and you.. just hate it.

You are scared.

Tears uncontrollably run on your cheek. You quickly wiped it off and clenched your chest.

"This isn't the time to be a weak shit, I should be looking for ways instead of crying." You sniffed and stood up, rummaging once again at the shelves.

It's a relief that the guys gave you time. Hours had passed already and still, no one checked upon you and that's kind of peace you needed for a moment.

They are thinking that you need to breathe in all the informations. For you, you need this time to prove them they're wrong.

You were in the middle of searching when you remembered something. You flickered your eyelids and turned, "The Guide Book."

You know it might give you creeps just by seeing it but you have to set aside the fear for now. You run towards the information desk designed just for the ten guys, technically for you too, and looked at for the book. Weirdly, it took you long enough finding it. You must say it's because the book seems easy to find because it shows itself.

This is actually the first time you struggled finding a specific book; add up the idea that it's creeps you out.

Things you do for them.

A light yelp released your mouth when you found a black book mixed up into groups of yellow ones. Seeing it different gives you goosebumps.

Doesn't matter wherever it is, all you know is that it is scary.

You slowly approached with small steps and raised your hand, hesitating and debating every second that drops.

You took a deep breath and whispered to yourself once again, "For them."

Finally, you pulled out the book out of it's column but it didn't turn out as comfortable as you hoped it would be.

Because of the panic surging in you, you accidentally pulled it too hard and it made a thud sound as it hit the ground. You released a short scream and hid beside the another shelf, predicting that the book will be floating anytime soon and will show things once again.

You closed your eyes and clasped your hands before slowly looking behind.

To your surprise, the Book stayed still in the ground. You furrowed your brows and checked around from afar if ever it appears and freaks you out.

But there really is nothing.

You crawled on the direction with a cautious glance, still with your cheeks strained with tears. You pulled out your soft fingertips and slid it in the cover and retreated in advance out of instinct. Still, nothing happened.

"This is driving me nuts." You slapped yourself lightly to get back in your senses you believe you're starting to lost. "Book.. I know w-we're not.. like in g-good terms but.. can you stop scaring me? By acting like th- Now, I'm even talking to a book." You facepalmed and finally relaxed as you leaned your back while facing the book infront. "Well, there's nothing wrong being weird here. Everything else is magical itself."

Despite the fear of opening the pages, you finally grabbed it and rested on your lap. You traced the front page and shut your eyes as you opened it.

However, you stayed just like that. Nothing happened again. There are no floating letters around, no messages, and no creepy things.

Your shoulders slumped as you flipped the pages and see the default letters.

"What? You're not giving answers now?" You repeatedly slammed the book as you frowned. "I need answers! Just tell me! Just tell me.. they a-aren't what they think they are! Hey!"

Sounds ironic. You really hate, well scared seeing the books show those things but now you're demanding it to happen.

You were cut off when the door suddenly slammed open.

"Y/N-ah! Y/N!" The owner of the voice called. "Human! Where are you?"

You peeked and see Donghyuck hurrying inside while checking on each rows of shelves to find you. "Uh.. hi?"

"There you are!" He quickly kneeled down beside you and pulled you in a hug. "Are you okay?!"

"Y-Yeah? Why did you asked?"

"We heard thuds and some short screams here," He pulled away and frowned. "You know.. it's loud more because the place is big and yeah. Are you okay?"

"I am," You pulled him so he can sit down comfortably. "Besides, a few minutes had already passed. If something actually happened, you're late trying to save me."

Donghyuck scratched his head. "Well.. we are scared you're mad-"

"I'm not mad." You frowned.

"That's just a though. Also!" He grinned to wipe the incoming awkward tension. "You're our Protector. You should be able to develop activities.

"Is that a joke?"

"I wished it was," His words make you shiver in fear. Donghyuck quickly changed the topic upon seeing you eyed him worriedly. "Soooo, what do you have here- WOAH!"

"What?!" You asked in shock because of your paranoia of something happening and Donghyuck suddenly blurting don't really help.

"Are you actually reading The Guide Book?"

"Ah.. this." You glanced on the book on your lap.

"Woah! Aren't you scared of it?!" He quickly pulled it away from you which made you look at him hastily. "Mmm.. sorry? Just being protective here because you might scream when it start moving?"

"That's what exactly what I need. Now, pass me the book-"

"Why do you even need this?" Donghyuck looked at you cautiously. He didn't want to give it back because he know it's still scare you and he don't want yoy obviously to be yelling again.

"I told you, I'm not stopping until I proved you're not all the bad side."

"Y/N," He frowned.

"I know, I know. It's a silly thing to do." You looked up and hoped the tears that wanted to come out wouldn't be noticed by him. "So just.. leave my business. I can handle myself."

"No." Your brows furrowed and looked at him sharply but Donghyuck don't give a damn at the moment. He pulled the book further away and turned to you. "No, no, no."

"Hyuck-"

"Ah, you look cute calling me Hyuck. How about.. we go out, together?" He stood up. "Let's walk romantically under the sun."

It was your turn to give him a weirded out expression. "No-"

"It's a yes!" He grabbed your hand and forced you to stand up. "The sun is good today-"

"Just so you know," You swatted his hands off you. "There's still a wall between me and the boys because-"

"Blah, blah, blah. I'm taking you into a walk." He didn't let you speak again and pulled you out.

Donghyuck wanted you to take a break. But he didn't want to show it in a sweet way. To be frank, he wanted to, but it's you who don't like sweet things so he'd prefer to go things the way you wanted yo.

"Y/N!" You jolted upon hearing Yuta. He rushed into you and grabbed your cheeks almost too hard for your comfort. "Are you okay?"

"Yes," You assured with your cheeks squished. "Now, let go-"

Yuta pulled you closer and suddenly, his lips landed on your forehead. "I was worried."

"You're.." You pulled away. "..being too sweet."

"I don't care," Yuta rolled his eyes and then turned into a sulky version of him. "You're not mad, right?"

"Okay, enough with that. Me and Human will go outside!" Donghyuck cheered once again while passing you a jacket of his possesion. "Oh! Together with Mark! It's the three Lee again!"

You raised your brow while looking at it. "Jacket?"

"Mmm. Jacket." Donghyuck blinked. "It's cold."

Didn't he just say the 'sun is good today' earlier?

"Y/N." Taeyong sighed heavily. "It's pouring hard outside. Are you sure you'll be heading outside?"

You slowly turned to Donghyuck and nudged him a little harder. "You said it's sunny!"

"Y/N-ah.." Doyoung breathed after seeing you. "You're here."

"I never left this place."

"Yes, and so did in the library since yesterday." Doyoung smiled softly since he's happy to see you. Everyone else thought you were mad. "Are you going somewhere, Donghyuck?"

"Just outside." The youngest threw the jacket away.

Doyoung then crossed his arms. "It's raining."

"Donghyuck.." You trailed off with a scowl.

"Tsh. There's nothing to be afraid. Do you forgot what's our abilities? Weather Control and Manipulation of Water." Donghyuck smirked to see the realization in our face. "Let's go. Mark! We'll wait outside!"

Taeyong wasn't caring moments ago since he didn't think Donghyuck will actually do it until he pulled you away.

His back straightened seeing the two of you slowly get out of his sight. "Yah! Hyuck! Get back here! It's raining-"

"Hyung, we can handle her. Y/N needs free time for herself." Mark soon came and gave time to give Taeyong a reassuring pat in his back.

"But how about you two? If it's not Hyuck, you'd be the one using your ability." Taeyong massaged his temples, wanting to take care of you and his brothers too. "It's draining, Mark. Don't be an idiot."

"It's not draining.. not anymore. We're no longer kids, hyung! We are even in need of protecting someone." Mark punched Taeyong's chest softly. "Be back before sunset."

"Make sure!" Johnny answered instead when Taeyong couldn't.

Taeil watched Mark worriedly but all of those disappeared when the thundering rains came to a stop. He smiled proudly, knowing it's Donghyuck who did it.

He spun around and saw Taeyong still looking blankly. He tapped his brother's shoulders. "Mark was just joking. Did you really get offended by that?"

"I hate that joke so much." Taeyong nudged Taeil's hands off him. "I just hate to hear that we're protecting someone."

"You hate hearing Y/N?" Jungwoo raised his brow.

"No, it just doesn't sound right." He glanced at his brothers who are all eyes on him at that moment. "You all know we're not meant to protect someone. We are the one that destroys."

~~~

"You guys are messing up the weather." You laughed while sitting at a bench between the two guys.

Only Mark responded, which is so unusual. You quickly snapped your head at Donghyuck who's looking blank. You tapped his shoulder to ask if he's okay when he suddenly grabbed on it and glared.

"Woah, bro." Mark swatted Donghyuck's hand off you and it sure left a red mark around it. "You're gonna hurt her."

"H-Hey, I think we should get home now." You now realize why it's happening to Donghyuck. "You're overusing your power."

"No, I'm not." You shivered, together with the cold wind that blew in your direction. His voice is raspy and.. scary. "I'm trying to learn something."

"Are you seriously learning right beside Y/N? Drop that, Hyuck." Mark scolded and turned to you. "Don't mind him."

"Yeah.. It's easy not to mind about it." You successfully removed the sarcastic tone.

I mean; who wouldn't mind that Donghyuck's honey voices turned scary and raspy just earlier. Not you.

"Let's go home then," You almost freaked out when his voice came back to normal but none of them seemed to notice. Which you're not sure if it's a good thing. "I might actuallly drain myself now."

"Okay- Wait!" You came back in your seat after you realized you still have to do something.

"What is it?" Mark stroked your hair. "Do you still want to stay outside?"

It's not true that you want, but you have to.

However, you remembered about Donghyuck currently using his ability. You don't want him to faint anytime soon. And therefore, you have decided to do it as fast as you can.

"C-Can you guys buy me some.. uhh.. snacks?" You have no idea if that is a great excuse.

Mark looked at you for a moment and laughed. "That's cute. Of course we can."

"Do you have some money?" Donghyuck raised his brow.

"Oh.. that.." The boy infront of him scratched the back of his head. "Let's just go home fast-"

"Ahh! Please! I just need it to.. relaaaxxx?" You trailed off, unsure if it will actually work. "I.. want.. snacks..?"

They stared at you for so long that it was starting to make you uncomfortable. You moved your seat just to ease it. They sure adored you for being like that;

but they don't have money in their pockets at the moment.

"Okay, fine. I have a friend there and we can just ask to pay it later." Donghyuck brushed his hair up. "And Y/N, what do you want to eat?"

"Chips. A lot. You decide whatever just buy anything there." You answered, almost sounded like a rapper just to get him to go now.

"Okay. Mark will stay with you." Donghyuck smiled cutely and finally made his way to the shop.

Your eyes widened.

You failed keeping 'both' of them away.

But.. you can still think of other ways, right?

Mark sat back again and looked at the sun rays seeping in the clouds. "I never appreciated his power until today. Wow. The sunlight actually feels warm. This is nice- Human! Hey! Are you okay?!"

You squeezed your throat and pretended to cough. "I-I'm dying."

"D..ying?" Mark raised his brow.

Okay, shit. This is why I don't join that goddamn theatre club. You internally panicked. I don't act too well.

"I mean my throat is hurting.. l-let's go home." You looked at him in his eyes, hoping this technique will work instead. "Call Donghyuck. I feel so weak-"

"I will! Stay here, I'll be fast!" Mark sprinted away as soon as he said those words.

You took this as an opportunity to leave the bench and quickly find a spot to hide. You panted for a while and calmed your heartbeat that was racing from running and nervousness. You don't even recognize where are you currently in but what's important id that you're alone.

You didn't wait any longer and stood up, spuning around.

"T-Ten.. Are you in there? I know you are.. I'm alone now- Please just show up!" You frowned and looked around. "Ten! Just show up- Or maybe- Ugh! I don't know.."

You went calling for him a lot more times when the weather suddenly changed into an extremely strong rain. You shivered upon the contact but failed to find a shelter.

"Ten! Show up!" You yelled once again. "Just.. Just please answer my questions. I need answers, and the guys can't give it to me."

Nothing can stop you at that moment despite the cold temperature except for the small rock that managed to block your way. You fell in the icy floor and blood drips came from you. You stayed like that a little longer as you process how to endure the pain.

In a count of three, you pulled yourself up and leaned your back on the wall; only then you realized how cold things really are. You shivered upon the contact as you looked at the skies.

This is the normal weather. And only one person crossed your mind.

Donghyuck.. Did he faint from overusing his ability? Your eyes widened.

Worry filled you. You stood up in a speed of light only to fail when blood started dripping somewhere in your face. The cold raindrops hitting on it didn't help.

You shivered upon the contact and knew you won't be able to be conscious in the next minutes.

And just the perfect time you closed your eyes, Taeil appeared. He wrapped his hands on you and catched you with a pant.

"This is the first I felt like I run when I just teleported," He grabbed your chin and shuddered seeing blood all over your face he will always love to protect. "Hold on, I'll take you home, princess."

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

▪︎

"S-She's awake."
"She's not. Her eyes are closed. Duh-"
"Hyung, she is."
"No. That's not how human wakes up-"
"Will you two shut up?"
"But I told you, she's waking up!"
"Jungwoo, calm the hell down."
"You guys aren't believing the Empath."

"Oh." Voices said in unison, realizing the point.

Blurry voices started to be audible around you. You grunted softly that was almost impossible hear but thankfully, they stopped bickering.

You felt a hand on your palms. "Y/N? Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah," You forced yourself to say while opening your eyes because you wouldn't want to worry them any longer.

You stared in the ceiling for hours. It felt like your whole body isn't connected at yours in that moment. And this isn't how Yuta's ability works, you know that.

"Y/N, you can't move?" You recognized it as Sicheng's.

You remained like that for a while. "What happened?"

"Sicheng healed your wounds but you were under the cold rain and he can't do anything about it," Johnny sighed. "You can't get fever again. That's bad."

"It's not that bad?" Jaehyun innocently asked as a part of supernatural who barely get sick.

"Well, not for humans." said Johnny.

"Donghyuck?!" You suddenly blurted out and sat up causing everyone to yelp in unison. "Where's Donghyuck?!"

"I'm here! Chill, princess!" Donghyuck showed up from behind and ran to you. "I'm here."

"That's a relief," You closed your eyes and buried it in your palm.

"Stop worrying about it, Y/N. You're the one who got lost here." Johnny smiled softly, taking it as a joke.

"Will you mind telling us what happened?" Taeyong who has just been staring at you finally spoke, calmly. And it show why he usually leads the group.

"I was.." You started but stopped yourself after remembering what you really did.

If you told them, they will surely get mad at you. And for the first time, you got scared of them. You know they will not understand if you say that you simply wanted to know answers they can't give. Damn, they might even misinterpret it.

But seeing the look of anticipation in their faces, you don't want to lie nor leave them hanging like that.

You played with your fingers and shut your eyes, "Ten.."

"Ten?" Taeyong calmly said despite the nervousness that was starting to climb in him.

Shit. They will sure get mad at me once they knew I was looking for Ten. You thought.

You prayed at the moment that Jungwoo can read your thoughts. But knowing the Empath, he sure can only sense you are nervous and trembling.

"That's it," Everyone averted their attention to Johnny who stole his jacket. "I'm coming for that asshole."

"I'm in." Yuta glared.

"No, no, no!" You yelled.

Doyoung calmly looked at you. "Don't be afraid-"

"It's not Ten who did it!" You continued to shout but it didn't stop Yuta and Johnny from moving.

"You don't have to lie." Jungwoo said.

And it's a puzzle how he failed to detect if you are lying or not, for the first time.

"It's not Ten! I did it!" You closed your eyes. "I looked myself for him!"

Like the result you expected, the two guys who are making their way out came to an abrupt stop.

"What..?" Taeil bit his lip. "You looked for Ten?"

Crap.

You wouldn't like this discussion.

|     |     |     |     |

a/n:

what i exceed more words :')

chenle being noticed by curry.😫💞

its kind of cold at times guys, take care okay?♡

happy birthday xiaojunnnn! thank you for serving is vocals😭💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
26.9K 626 38
IDOL SERIES #2 Moon Ara Trainee who was being false accused and kicked out by the company Joshua Hong Successful idol who only focus on his work but...
43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
215K 10K 22
"Hello?" "Is this Luke?" "Who are you?" "I am your father." In which a girl prank calls an idol by accident.