The Styles Mansion [h.s]

By Lark_Den

[START : 21 JULY, 2020] [COMPLETE : 19 AUGUST, 2023] #1 in murder #1 in Possessive He kissed me back with ur... More

prologue
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
fourty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
sixty
sixty-one
sixty-two
sixty-three
sixty-four
sixty-five
sixty-six
sixty-seven
sixty-eight
sixty-nine
seventy
seventy-one
seventy-two
seventy-three
seventy-four
seventy-five
seventy-six
seventy-seven
seventy-eight
seventy-nine
eighty
eighty-one
eighty-two
eighty-three
eighty-four
Bonus
Bonus 2

six

1.2K 35 8
By Lark_Den

AN ARROWING pain expensed through my forehead the second I opened my eyes only to find out that I was lying on my bed as the silk bed sheet is shrouded over my body neatly. The twang sounds of a huge horologe floating around the room faintly as I abruptly looked at the wall clock which was in my room.

It's barely six p.m. and I started remembering what just happened back at there. When I perceived that Harry coup me with the glass vase, it only took a few seconds for me to lose my consciousness and land on the ground. I could still remember how Henson ran towards me and picked me up in bridal style while mumbling something. After that I don't remember anything.

I touched my pained area and realised  my wounded forehead was bandaged. I licked my parched lips and endeavor to sit up in my position. I jumped up a little when a maid rushed towards me.

I haven't noticed her existence.

"Mrs. Styles." It was the same oldish maid who took care of Harry yesterday.

I didn't say anything. I sat on my position while rubbing my head. She brought me a glass of water and told me to rest while leaving me in my room alone.

Around five minutes later, Henson showed up in my room wearing a maroon jumper along with skinny jeans. It would be a lie if I say I didn't stare at him for more than ten seconds. These brothers' beauty is soul catching. He smiled with a tendency and sat down beside my legs.

"How are you feeling?" He asked with a caring tone.

"My head is hurting."

"It will be alright in a few days. You got some stitches." I nodded

"I'm sorry Venessa." He spoke looking down as if he was ashamed.

"Why are you sorry?" I asked confusedly.

"I'm talking about Harry." My heart burst in sorrow when I saw his vulnerable face.

"Don't be Henson, Harry didn't do it with his full consciousness. He doesn't even know what's going on around him. It was just an accident."

"But Venessa, it hasn't been two days  since you came here and already Harry is giving you trouble. I'm sorry that I couldn't do anything. You are family and it's my responsibility to take care of you when Harry can't do that."

"Right Henson I'm family. And it's also my responsibility to cope with my new family. It’s  ok." I assured him while touching his hand. He looked at me with glossy eyes of his and it seems like he was in so much affliction.

"We are really lucky to have you, do you know?" He chuckled with a sore face and said which bound me to blush.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked when I remembered something.

"What is it?"

"Where is Harry?" I know you must be thinking I'm a mad woman who wanted to know about her husband who hates her so much that, he didn't hesitate to hit her with a vase. But how much I tried I couldn't do that. He is my husband, I took vows to stay with him for the rest of my life. Either, he likes me or not.

"He is sleeping. After hitting you with the vase he had a panic attack. So, we had to put some drugs in his system. It calms him down. We usually do it when he gets out of control." My heart squeezed at his narrative. I want to cry. God knows best, how much anguish this family has been going through. I wish I could have the power to wipe their pain away.

"By the way, I was wondering about something." Henson changed the topic as I attentively watched him and waited for him to say his next sentence.

"I was thinking about perusing a nanny for him, what do you think?"

I don't know why but I didn't like the idea. I am sure about that, a nanny won't be a man and it's gonna be a woman. And I don't want to trust anyone around my husband. He was like a magnate. Even if the nanny would get over forty, there are no qualms that they won't give a seductive glance at my husband.

His only one single innocent gaze makes me weak on my knees then what is going to happen when a woman would be around him twenty four hours.

"I don't know." I stupidly said and right now I want to slap myself.

Henson frowned probably not comprehending what I meant by that.

"What do you mean?"

I swiftly put on a smile and decided to go along with his words.

"I mean, it would be a great idea. He needs someone to help him, someone who can take care of him like a mother." I finished desponding the breath which I didn't even know that I was holding. I hope Henson got the message when I mentioned the word mother. I don't want any young woman approaching my husband with any filthy thoughts in their mind.

And I don't want any woman to take advantage of his condition.

I know I might sound like an over jealous wife but I can't help. My husband's overwhelming appearance originated in me that way.

Henson hummed but I didn't miss the teasing smile off his lips and I knew I had been caught by my brother-in-law.

After talking with Henson for a few more times he left. He said he got some important work to do as he couldn't go to the office today because of the incident. A maid brought me something to eat in my room as I took some rest.

My eyes suddenly snapped open when I heard my bedroom door cracked open. I saw someone was standing in darkness not moving an inch. The dim light of the room wasn't really helping me to clearly see who was standing in my door step. I sat up while trying to see who was standing there.

"Who is this?" I called out but nothing came out.

"Nova is that you?" Nova was a maid who was taking care of me. Supplying me with medication and food. Whatever I needed she brought me here.

But when no response came out, I frowned thinking who can come in my room in the middle of the night. I glanced at the clock only to find out it was one in the morning and that's when panic started to rise inside me. A creepy thought rushed in my mind and the surroundings were getting more creepy due to the sound of the furious gushes of the river.

Especially at night the water gets berserk crazy.

"Who is this?" I asked again to hold up the courage in my tone so that whoever was standing there couldn't say I was afraid. But the real thing is I was afraid.

I tried my best to clear my vision and watch the shadow as a person and when I finally adjusted with the light the next thing left me stunned. It was my unstable husband who was standing there with a poker face while staring at me. He was still in his sweater and the same sweat pants. Seeing him somehow I exhaled an alleviation breath and I looked out to see him more clearly.

I don't know what he was doing here at this time but for some reason I don't want to know what he was doing here. I smiled softly as he stood there blinking rapidly while still staring at me with his beautiful green eyes.

It's my chance to make a good impression.

"Honey, do you want anything?" I spoke softly with a smile on my face.

He didn't say anything and kept quiet.

My hope died there where it inaugurated when Harry turned his back and walked away. I was left in disappointment and pain.

The morning was usual, I took a bath to relax my sore body which the amount of lying down on bed for a long time caused. The doctor said I couldn't put water on my wound right now. It's still not healed and it needs to be dry so, I just wipe my face with a wet cloth.

I changed into a normal knee length dress and walked down to the dining room and saw Harry and Henson having breakfast together sitting side to side.

Abrupt memories from last night's scenario flashed before my vision as I still couldn't believe Harry came into my room.

"Harry I'm thinking of bringing someone to take care of you." I heard Henson informed Harry as their back was facing me. I decided to stay quiet while listening to their conversation.

Like always Harry quietly kept eating. Henson let out a long sigh and proceeded to eat. Probably thinking there was no fruit when we were talking with Harry. I walked towards the table and took a seat across them.

"Morning Henson, Morning Harry." I greeted them with a smile.

Henson nodded his head but Harry said nothing nor looked at me. I knew he got a trace of my presence because he stopped eating and sat there residually.

After having breakfast I got back to my room. I called my office to inform my boss that I couldn't come today and informed him I got into a small accident.

Around eleven in the morning I was reading a book sitting on my bed while eating some chirps but I was interrupted by a knock on my door. I ordered them to come in whoever was seeking my permission to get in.

I frowned when the person knocked again instead of coming in. I again ordered to come in but one one came.

I huffed and placed my book before going I made sure to fold the corner of the page which I was reading. I walked towards the door and yanked that open relieving that no one was there. I confusedly looked outside, examining that no one was there.

But suddenly I came in a halt when something grazed with my bare foot.

A black rose was lying on the floor along with a piece of blue paper. My mind drew somewhere thinking where they found the black rose and why they were giving me a black rose with a note.

I took the rose and the messily folded paper in my hands.

I unfolded the paper and saw there was a 'SORRY WIFE' written. The hand writing was messy and they were written in only capital letters but in the end when I saw another capital letter, my eyes widened and an unwanted smile took place on my lips. My heart flattered and I chuckled thinking about the fact that he was addressing me as a wife not by my name.

It was my husband who said sorry to me with a black rose while calling me wife.

All the love

Please vote and comments

Lark Den

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421K 9.3K 75
• BOOK 1 OF THE ESZTAR SERIES • Reaching upstairs, he hurled me inside his room and closed the door harshly. I stood there shaking with fear. He look...
380K 21K 74
BOOK 1 OF 'The WAR of Dynasties' SERIES ✨ Princess Chandralekha was born in a royal family and was promised to the wealthiest king, but little did sh...
10.6K 376 33
[Started Writing : 3rd August, 2023] "What do you want from me Alex? I gave you what you wanted. Now what else do you want?" I whispered when he won'...
8.4K 201 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...