Where's a reset button, when...

By VampireLover269

More

Where's a reset button, when you need one? Chapter Two.

Where's a reset button, when you need one? Chapter One.(Sequal to Bikini Boy)

23K 427 192
By VampireLover269

Chapter One

Sometimes I wonder, what would my life be like if Ian stayed with me? Would I live in this house, with a man I only loved with half my heart? I don't know, I learned not to dwell on the could-haves and focus on the now. Which was being married to Caliber, and starting a family with him.  

"Knock. Knock." Melody's voice called as she opened my front door and walked inside my three-bedroom house.

"In the kitchen," I hollered. At the moment, I was cleaning the dishes and day-dreaming.  I had allowed myself an hour of day-dreaming about Ian and what could have been, but now that Melody was here I was dragged back into reality. She came in, bouncing a giggling Titan on her hip.

"What's up?" she asked, as I wiped my hands off and stole the smiling baby from her, kissing his cheeks and smell his sweet baby smell.

"The usual, cleaning the house and waiting for Caliber to get home," I said with a shrug as she followed me into the living room, her baby still in the crook of my arm. "What are you doing?"

She sighed, bit her lip, and I knew what she was going to ask. "Will you babysit the baby tonight? Hunter wants to take me on a date, and we don't go out often," she asked, and I smiled.

"Yes, I love spending time with my godson," I cooed down at him kissing his forehead which made him giggle his sweet giggle, and Melody smiled lovingly down at him.

"When are you going to have one of your own?" she asked, taking Titan from me. 

His face began to scrunch up and I knew he was about to blow up with tears. Titan loved to eat. 

I  laughed. "Uh, How about never?" I said and she laughed.

"You have to have kids. Are you guys using protection, still?" she asked, as she popped the bottle in his open mouth and he began to suck on it happily.

"Of course not, but we don't do it daily," I said. I couldn't say the word "sex." It just felt weird. "Anyway, it's kind of weird to do it when I know Kane could walk in any minute." I added, picturing Kane's usual worried face rushing inside.

"Why doesn't he go to your mom with his problems?" she asked, and I shrugged. Ever since Marty been on bed rest, her cancer was getting stronger. Kane was always over with their daughter, May, because she couldn't stand to be stuck in the house all day. So he would usually drop her off, and then go back over and sit on her bedside.

I didn't complain about being his babysitter, because he was my blood and I would do anything for my family. "We like to give them their privacy, they deserve it." I said and she just rolled her eyes.

The door burst open, and Caliber came walking in. He was wearing his work uniform and he kissed my cheek as he walked beside me. "What are you two gossiping about?" he teased and I laughed swatting his arm playfully.

"About how you two need to start multiplying," Melody joked and I blushed a deep red while Caliber just laughed his usual, good-hearted laugh and kissed me once again on the cheek. I turned around, and our lips connected and Melody pretended to gag. "Not tonight! My baby doesn't need to watch a porno," she said and we broke apart.

I just shook my head, and Caliber grinned. "I'm going to take a shower," he said and I nodded and he disappeared. 

Melody sighed, and stood up. "I better get going, Hunter will be home soon and we got to feed Titan and yadda, yadda before we go out tonight." She said and I nodded. I kissed her cheek, and gave her a quick hug.

"See you tonight," I said and she nodded. I walked her to the door, waved goodbye and when she was gone, I walked upstairs and into my room. I heard the shower on and smiled. My life was perfect...I had a loving husband, supportive family and maybe even kids, but I didn't have Ian.

The letter popped into my head, and I stole a few minutes to read it over again. It always gave me butterflies in my stomach, but as the shower shut off, I stuffed it away and turned around to see Caliber walking out of the bathroom. A towel was wrapped loosely around his waist, his hair soaking wet.  "Sexy..." I murmured and he smirked walking towards me and pulling me up and against his wet body.

"Thanks, my clothes are wet now." I said with an eye roll and he laughed, his hands went to the edge of my shirt and yanked it off as his lips met mine. No need to go into the details about what happened after the shirt fell off. All you need to know is that, afterwards I laid breathless, naked in bed next to an equally breathless Caliber.

"I love you." He mumbled against my skin, as his arms pulled me against him and I sighed content in this position. 

"I love you, too." I whispered, rolling around and kissing him gently on the lips before slipping out of bed and pulling on my clothes.

"Where are you going?" he asked, fighting the yawn I knew wanted to escape. 

"To visit Marty before we're on babysitting duty tonight." I said and bent down to kiss his lips again. "Take a nap, I'll wake you up when I have supper done." 

He nodded, rolling over and falling asleep quickly. I walked downstairs and out of the house. 

The ride wasn't long, and I got there in no time. I walked in without knocking, and was greeted by a bright-eyed, paint-covered May.

"Hi Willow!" she greeted, waving her hands happily and I smiled down at her. 

"Why are you covered in paint, babe?" I asked as I grabbed her hand and walked towards the kitchen, ready to clean her up. 

"Daddy said I could finger paint!" she exclaimed and I shook my head. Sometimes Kane can say things without thinking them through. He's been driven by grief lately. So it's understandable to an extent.

"Did he? Then why is there paint on your face?" I asked as I lifted her onto the counter and began to wipe off the paint from her face as she grinned sheepishly.

"I was trying to face paint." She explained and I just shook my head in laughter.

As soon as she was all cleaned up, we went and cleaned up the mess she created in her room. Once that was cleaned up, I got her situated in front of the T.V. and I walked upstairs to check on Kane and Marty.

I knocked lightly on the door. "Come in." Kane's tired voice answered and I slipped in. "When did you get here?" he asked. Marty's hand was in his, and she smiled faintly at me. 

"Just a few minutes ago.Lucky I came by. May would have redecorated your house." I said and Marty laughed a quiet laugh while Kane just nodded.

"Hey Marty, how are you?" I asked and she held up a limp hand and waved in a so-so motion and I nodded. 

"Where's May now?" Marty asked, and I motioned downstairs and she nodded. She yawned and shivered a bit, and Kane immediately covered her up and I could see her eyes roll. "Kane, can you please go get me a glass of water?" she asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, would you like your medicine now?" he asked and she shook her head no. He kissed her head ever so lightly, and I stared with amazement. I was always in awe about their relationship, how Kane loved her so much and would do anything for her. He slipped out of the door, and Marty laughed to herself as she sat up straighter. 

"You would think I was dead, with the way he acts." She joked and I smiled sadly as I stole his seat beside her bed.

"He loves you a lot," I commented. 

"He loves me too much at times, but that's why I love him." She said and smiled longingly at the door, and I grinned at her. "I worry about him though." She said as she began to cough a bit. 

I stared at her confused so she continued, "I worry about what he's going to do when I die. Is he going to be strong enough for May? 'Cause she'll need him more then ever." She explained and I shook my head.

"I'll be there for him, and May. So don't worry," I said and she smiled at me, her hand wrapping around mine. 

"Don't throw your life away though, for him. You deserve to have kids, and have your own life." She reminded and I nodded, the door flew open and May came in, squealing. 

"Mommy!" she screeched happily and scrambled onto the bed beside her.

"Yes honey?" she asked, as she smoothed May's wild brown curls behind her ears and out of her face.

"I want the G.I Joe doll." She said with a proud, dimpled smile and Marty raised an eyebrow. 

"You don't want Barbie?" she asked and May shook her head in disgust. 

"Barbies are for girls, and I'm a boy," She said as if her mother was the stupidest person ever and I just shook my head.

May, for some odd reason, believed she was a boy and not a girl. She refused to wear dresses, skirts, and any girl colors. She wore her torn jeans and polo shirts all the time, her hair was either pulled in a ponytail or let loose. You would think a mother would be slightly let down, to not have a girl to dress up...but Marty loved it.

"Oh. Sorry, I forget sometimes." Marty said and May nodded.

"It's okay. I still love you." She said and kissed Marty on the cheek and hugging her tightly, before climbing out of the bed and running out of the room. Kane came in minutes later, the water in his hands and his eyes were rimmed red ,which was a telltale sign that he was crying. I didn't call it out though, I acted like I didn't see it and Marty did the same. 

"Well, I love you both, but I have to get home. I'm babysitting Titan tonight." I said and Marty aw-ed.

"You have to bring him over again. He is such a cutie!" Marty cooed and I laughed. 

"Tomorrow, since I know Melody won't be picking him up tonight," I joked and she laughed.

Kane smiled a bit and in came May again, "Willow can I go to your house? I want to play with the baby!" May whined and I looked at Kane and Marty, who nodded their heads yes.

"Yeah, you can come over." I said and she cheered as she ran to her room to get some clothes. 

"It seems like only yesterday when I was feeding her bottles," Marty sighed and I smiled. "Now, she's going to be starting kindergarten soon," She said and I grinned. 

"It sucks." I said and she nodded in agreement, the door opened and May stood there. Her little batman suitcase was in her hand. "Bye, guys." I said with a wave.

"Bye, Mommy! Bye, Daddy! I love you!" May said before grabbing my hand and yanking me out of the house.

The drive to my house was short and the person sitting on my doorstep kind of shocked me. 

"Hey, Harley, what's going on?" I asked as I climbed out and helped May, who did a small wave before going into the house.

"I need to talk to you, like pronto. It's about Ian." she said and I couldn't help the dread and the excitement that mixed together dangerously in my stomach.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so this is what you all have been waiting for, and I would love to know your opinion about it. I definitly would like to know your guys thought on the title, and Guess what? I passed my semsest tests, You gutys probably don't really care but I had to tell you guys anyway. :D So, Hope you enjoyed. Please COMMENT. VOTE. BECOME A FAN!

Continue Reading