Finally Free

بواسطة lulustoriesss

"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we s... المزيد

foreword
aesthetic boards
playlist
01
02
03
04
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44 ~ what if
45 ~ what if
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
epilogue
closing note

05

5.4K 143 144
بواسطة lulustoriesss

S O P H I A | teen romance movie

My alarm rang loudly at 6 am, I reached my arm out to turn it off and knocked my phone off my vanity. I'm covered in sweat from nightmares. I've been having them again. Silent ones but they're still there.

No, I can't think about that right now. It's the first day of school and I can't focus on that. I have to shake it off and move on.

I trip over my sheets getting out of bed and fall over on my face. That is a clear sign that school has officially started. These are my end of summer blues, when I am a clumsy, fumbling mess.

Ugh, here we go again. I look at myself in the mirror. Running my messy hair in between my fingers. A lot has changed. I'm not the same girl I was four months ago when junior year ended, but I still have the same old boring routine.

I get up out of bed reluctantly and go downstairs into the kitchen to find Paige sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal. She looks up from her phone, beaming at me.

"Hey Soph, are you ready for senior year at your new school." She exclaims, clearly more excited then I am.

"Oh I don't know how about you?" I responded and opened the fridge. She nods excitedly.

It's a new school year and I know nobody, and nobody knows me. I'm really nervous and I want to make a good first impression. I don't want to be the basket case that showed up out of nowhere. I try some of the breathing exercises that I learned from many months of therapy. It seems to make a little difference. Paige snaps me out of my thoughts by asking what time I have to leave.

"I think I should leave at 7:45 because I have to get there at 8:00, school starts at 8:30 today." I say as I take out a bowl and put yogurt and granola in it.

"Let me guess, Liam is still asleep." She asks and rolls her eyes.

"Nope, good morning sisters." A very exhausted Liam says and he walks down the stairs. His dark brown hair is in his eyes.

Liam already has a school book in his hands. I scoff at his nerdiness. They both seem to be doing somewhat okay. Paige says she is loving California.

She applied to audition for the San Francisco Ballet last week. Liam and I just want her to be happy but I don't know if she is happy here. Though she would never express that feeling to our faces.

Liam pats me on the back. "Morning," I say as I get up to get ready. I'm too tired to engage in a conversation with my siblings today. I just feel fucked up right now.

I hear him ask Paige in the distance, "What's wrong with her?" I roll my eyes. I go into my room and immediately disappear into my closet trying to figure out what to wear.

After many minutes passed by of comparing shirts, pants, dresses, and skirts. I settled for a black crop top, a white zebra print skirt, and a black zip up hoodie.

I put on some makeup. Natural and subtle, my nails tap my eyelashes upwards once I've applied mascara.

I curl my long light brown hair and brush them out. I put on a white headband. I grab some hoop earrings and walk downstairs.

I check my phone and it is 7:30. I knock on Liam's door to remind him that we need to go in 15 minutes, but I can hear him sighing from the other side of the door.

He has to drive Paige and I to school. I got my license last year but my parents had it suspended. Long story. Really long story

Before leaving I put on a pair of white high tops. Once we were all ready to go, we get into Liam's black BMW.

We all listen to music as we drop off Paige at her new school. "Good luck little sis," I say as Paige nervously steps out of the car. "Bye guys." I simply reply with a bye and blow her a kiss.

She awkwardly waves goodbye, stepping back onto a curb causing her to stumble. "I'm good." She yells to us, throwing a thumbs up. I can't hold back my laughter at that point.

North Bay High is not far from her school. It's about 2 minutes away.

I've lived in a big city my whole life and I don't really want to be here. This town is not busy. It's boring. I've only been here a week and nothing interesting has happened. I have yet to make any friends.

I miss my friends back home. I had two best friends and a whole group of people that I hung out with everyday. I'll miss the rush of meeting my friends for coffee and then running to school fifteen minutes before it started. It pains me to be across the country from my real home. This will only be my home for a year and then I go off to college.

Once we get there we pull up in the parking lot, I get out and Liam says, "Okay, I wish you good luck, bye."

Short and simple which is exactly his style. He has an early class so he drives away. Leaving me alone. He can be a pain in the ass sometimes. I turn around and I am so overwhelmed. It's loud and there are a bunch of people just on the outside, all hugging their friends that they haven't seen all summer.

It makes me feel extra lonely.

Alright then, I take a deep breath and walk into the large school. The main building is wide and is about two stories high. There are slightly smaller buildings surrounding it. The campus is really big but not as big as my old school. I'm just analyzing the school to calm down.

My siblings and I went to a very prestigious private school in the upper east side. I've never been to public school. Not to sound spoiled but it's true.

I notice I'm starting to shake and my thoughts are wandering.

I'm probably overreacting. I really need to calm down. I was told to go to the front office and thank god it's right there when you first walk in.

Nothing better than being lost on your first day. I take a deep breath before opening the door.

Inside there is a lady sitting at the desk right in the front. She is old maybe in her 40s or 50s. Her hair is graying, she has her glasses brimmed on her nose and she is talking on the phone.

After about 5 minutes when she's done I look up. "Hi, how may I help you?" She asks in one of the most polite tones I've ever heard. "Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering where I should go?" I don't really know what else to say. I play with a ring on my finger nervously.

"Well I'm Ms. Meyer, what is your name?" "Sophia Carrington." I try to plaster on a nervous smile.

"Okay Ms. Carrington, our principal Mr. McCarthy is meeting with some people right now so he should be out shortly." I nod and hesitate when I sit down.

About a few minutes later an older man probably in his late 70s or so walks out of his office.

"Hello, Ms. Carrington, it's lovely to meet you." I shake his hand.

"Ms. Meyer here has your schedule and then we need to have you fill out some forms, Welcome to North Bay."

Inhale. Exhale. Just breathe. Fuck, I am going to get lost and end up like the basket case I was talking about.

I say thanks again after finishing my forms and I head out.

The minute I get out of the office some girl bumps into me and spills water all over my outfit. I hear her mutter sorry and she keeps going. Jeez. I get nothing else, no help. I go into the nearest bathroom and grab some paper towels. I lock myself in a stall and just start crying.

Ugh, I feel so alone. I haven't been without Paige or Liam all summer. I try calling Liam but he doesn't pick up. "Hello, are you okay?" Someone's voice startles me. "Uh, I'm fine." I say awkwardly, sniffling into my jacket sleeve. To my shock and surprise they open the door. There are two girls in front of me.

"The doors in here don't do shit." One of the girls says.

The first girl on the left is blonde with bright ocean blue eyes. She's wearing ripped denim shorts with a red tube top and her white lace bralette straps sticking out. Her long blonde hair is in french braids.

The other girl has short black hair which is being held back by one butterfly clip on each side. She is wearing a tan plaid skirt with a black sweatshirt that has a rolling stone logo on it. Her black Doc Martens compliment her outfit perfectly.

Basically total opposites.

"I don't know you. Hi, I'm Madison Harbour, you can call me Maddie." The blond one flashes a big, bright smile at me and it reaches her eyes.

"Hi I'm Sophia Carrington. I just moved here from New York."

"I'm Claire Nakamura." The other girl says a little more quietly but still keeps an excited look on her face. I say hi. She also gives me a more tame smile.

"What are you doing here?" Claire asks. "I don't know, I'm so confused, and I got water all over me." I point to my outfit, which is still damp.

"Okay well we are officially your new friends, we'll help you." Maddie says and helps me off the bathroom floor.

As we are walking down the halls, Maddie goes on and on about many things, electives, the cliques, the teachers, what life is like outside of school. It's good to know that there is life here. It sounds like an insane party school.

We compare schedules and I have AP Literature and French with Claire and Bio and AP Euro History with Maddie. I don't have AP Calculus or Econ with anyone I know.

I nod in response to everything she's saying. "What electives do you think you are going to take?" Claire suddenly asks.

"I think I'm probably going to take dance or theater but most likely theater." Maddie's head pops up like a whack a mole.

"Oh I love the musicals. I've done them all since freshman year." She exclaims, flashing a winning smile at me. "School starts in 10 minutes so the rest of the kids will arrive soon." Claire interjects hoping to slow down Maddie.

A tall boy with ashy brown hair comes up behind Maddie and kisses her cheek. She gasps and then turns around and gives him a peck on the lips. "Hey babe!" She exclaims.

Claire fake coughs to get their attention. "Oh right, Sophia this is my boyfriend Chase." Maddie says hoping she didn't make me uncomfortable. "Hey, how are you liking it here?" He asks while he wraps his arms around Maddie's shoulders.

"Well it's definitely different from New York City." I reply. "Well welcome." Another really genuine person here. He turns to Maddie " I have to go meet up with Wyatt and Logan, nice to meet you, Sophia." He flashes a bright smile. I respond with thanks.

That was a nice change from the selfish, entitled rich kids that I knew in New York. Everyone there was fake or toxic. To be honest, so was I. I suddenly find myself remembering the stone cold bitch I was last year. I shudder at the thought.

Then he kisses Maddie goodbye and walks away. "Hey Mads, have you heard about Anthony lately?" Claire asks and her face drops a little.

"I don't think so, he hadn't communicated with Chase all summer." She replied and then looked at me realizing I'm totally lost.

"Anthony and I dated last year and it got really messy." Claire says. I think they sense the curious look on my face. Claire considers something for a moment

"You are bound to hear about it anyway. Well he cheated on me with one of my good friends, Alexa who is now friends with a total party and stoner group." Claire says in disgust.

"She started hanging with Eloise Miller, party bitch, master manipulator." Maddie scrunches her nose in disgust just at the mention of her.

"Oh speak of the devil." Claire says as both Maddie and I look in the direction she is. I see a tall, skinny blond who looks like she could be a model.

She's strutting towards us.

She looks like the type of person who can smell fear from a mile away. "Retreat, retreat!" Maddie says under her breath. Too late, Eloise is already in front of us.

"Hey Maddie, Claire, and person I don't know." Eloise grits out with a smile so cold it could cure climate change. "I'm Eloise. Miller." She whips her hair in a very dramatic manner.

Ugh I already hate her. I've dealt with girls way worse than her though. Her voice is high pitched and nasally. This isn't some teen movie, jeez. "I'm Sophia."

"Nice to meet you." The force to be as nice as possible in her voice is dripping from her mouth.

"By the way Claire, Alexa wanted me to tell you that she and Anthony had a great time this summer." Claire looks defeated and says nothing.

"They did stuff too, let's just say Alexa isn't so innocent anymore." Eloise sneers. She turns our attention to a blond girl who looks like a carbon copy of Eloise and a light brown haired boy making out on a bench. It's incredibly uncomfortable to watch. I cringe at the unwanted PDA.

"You know Eloise, word is that Carter is back to screwing anything that walks." Maddie defends back. She rolls her eyes and scoffs. "Nice to meet you Sophia." She says in a fake tone again and walks away.

"Claire I'm so sorry, are you okay?" Maddie looks at her with pity in her eyes.

"Well I feel like shit but he's a piece of shit so it's a win win situation." Claire laughs sarcastically.

"As long as I'm not Carter's new trophy I'm okay." Claire says.

"Who's Carter?" I ask. His name has been mentioned twice already. They both turn to me and look at me as if I'm crazy. "He's an asshole. He and Eloise broke up last week." Maddie says, rolling her eyes.

"Everyone is saying he'll revert back to his player ways but I doubt it." She adds.

"Just in case though, he loves innocent new girls so steer clear, he makes things in your life complicated." Maddie says. "Does everyone hate this guy?" I ask. It sounds like I'm going to hate him.

"We don't hate him, in fact he's friends with Chase, it's just that his actions are not the smartest. He has his moments though." Maddie sighs. "It's just better to not start anything with him." Claire says. I hate that I'm intrigued.

"That's him." Claire exclaims. I turn around and I'm actually taken aback.

About 20 feet away I see a boy. He's tall, he has jet black hair. His eyes are hazel brown with hints of grey and gold and they shine when he smiles. His skin is a deep tan and wow he's fit. I pause in my tracks to get a closer look.

I can tell he's really strong, and even through his clothes, I can still make out his muscular outline. I can see his muscles rippling through his shirt.

Maddie told me to stay away and that is probably what I'll have to do because guys that look like that most likely don't play nice. Guys like that break your heart.

His gaze shifts to mine, and our eyes meet for a good, solid three seconds but it felt like an eternity. I feel lightheaded because he looks like he's about to smile at me but I decide to turn around so I don't push it.

He has this stupid smug look on his face.

He's bad news, I can see it by the way he's looking at me.

✿✿✿

Author's Note:

I tried to make the characters have cute style. Very modern, very pinterest 2020 chic. The outfit at the top is what Sophia is wearing btw.

Vote and Comment please!

Okay so I have a really bad sense of humor and this book is really serious so if you catch me putting memes in at really inappropriate times throughout the story, just go with it.

Sophia be like:

I'm going to hell itsg.

Xoxo,

Lulu

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

35.4K 802 67
I put on a show only for him in front of hundreds of people. I bring one hand up to my hair flicking them to the other side, trailing that hand down...
2.8K 195 86
"My name's Elijah, by the way. It's nice to meet you, window-girl." She liked that name: Elijah. "I doubt you're even listening, but, look, I'm not...
790 118 25
"You say you love me, yet you try to rip me apart limb by limb. I may not break easily, but the way you keep wearing me out all the time - well - I m...
43 2 4
It all started with a paper plane... _______________________________________________________ "You.... you shouldn't do that.. carter.. dont-" I stu...