I Wanna Be Down

By shayybreezyy

revamp of a previously written story on a different platform. •• More

C A S T
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E

C H A P T E R F O U R

46 3 7
By shayybreezyy

••

Raegan sat in her class waiting on her professor to show up. She was thirty minutes early and decided to use a little bit of free time she had to look over some of her notes from her previous lecture. 

After being publicly embarrassed at that party, Raegan used the rest of her weekend to recuperate and study. She hadn't talked to her roommates about it because she didn't want to make it bigger than it was.

Though it had been two days since their argument and she wasn't as upset anymore, she hadn't reached back out to Justin. He had been blowing up her phone and she was making it her duty to ignore him. Whenever she saw him out in public, she would quickly walk into a classroom or start a conversation with a professor that would be walking by.

When Raegan noticed that people had started coming in, she looked down at her phone and saw that class started in 15 minutes.

Out the corner of her eye, she saw someone take a seat next to her. "Wassup."

Raegan turned her head and chuckled. "You just don't know how to take a hint, huh?"

"Chill. I can't sit in a seat now? I ain't know it was a rule that other niggas couldn't sit next to you," Terrance shot back, pulling his notebook out of his bookbag. "I'm just tryna be close to the board. Is that alright with you?"

Raegan rolled her eyes, sliding her phone in her purse. "Whatever. Just don't distract me."

"Can't make any promises," Terrance grinned. "But I'll try."

Once the professor arrived, Raegan used that as an opportunity to end the conversation.

Terrance watched as she shifted her focus to their professor, and completely ignored him. Throughout the class, Terrance would stare at her until she finally looked back at him.

Raegan found it to be quite annoying if anything as she was just trying to focus on her work. Anybody that knew Raegan knew she took her studies very seriously and she didn't let anything get in between that.

After class Raegan had left out pretty quickly since she had another class starting in twenty minutes. Terrance jogged towards her, calling out her name.

"Yo! Raegan, wait up," Terrance called out, slowing down as he caught up with her. "What's wrong with you?"

Raegan rolled her eyes and she turned around to face him. "What do you want?"

Terrance scrunched up his face, "What's your problem?"

"Listen, we don't know each other and I would like to keep it that way," Raegan said, irritation laced in her tone. "Please, just leave me the hell alone."

Raegan started walking and out the corner of her eye, she spotted Justin walking in her direction. Raegan turned around, looking for a place to quickly duck off.

"Rae!" Justin sighed, now standing in front of her. "You can't ignore me forever, we gotta talk."

Raegan adjusted her purse on her shoulder, looking at him. "I have a class in twenty minutes, I really don't have the time to talk."

"Just give me five minutes," Justin begged, gently grabbing her hand. "Please."

Raegan looked down at her Apple Watch before nodding, "Five minutes, and then I'm gone."

"It was just a dance, I didn't think you would mind." Justin sighed, causing Raegan to raise her eyebrow and snatch her hand back.

"It's another girl shaking their ass on you, why would you think I would be okay with that?" Raegan questioned. "It's bad enough that bitches try and throw themselves at you when I'm around."

"I was wrong, I shouldn't have allowed that to go down," Justin apologized, grabbing her waist. "You're my girl, and I should've had enough sense to know that you wouldn't be okay with that. Please forgive me."

"What about the lying? You said you were staying home," Raegan crossed her arms over her chest. "You have two minutes."

"I didn't lie. I was originally staying home but then the boys wanted to go to the party, so I decided to tag along," Justin answered. "That's the truth."

Raegan looked at him before playfully rolling her eyes, "Fine. I forgive you."

Justin smiled, pecking her lips. "You gon' help me study for my sociology test? It's tomorrow afternoon."

"Yeah, I can help you," Raegan playfully rolled her eyes, looking down at her watch. "I gotta go! I don't wanna be late. I'll see you later!"

•••

Terrance walked down the sidewalk, completely oblivious to everything going on around him. He felt a slight tug on his arm, causing him to stop.

"Wassup," Terrance spoke, taking in her appearance.

"Hey, you didn't call me after the party," Kai chuckled, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "Did something happen? You forgot about me already?"

Terrance laughed lightly, shaking his head in the process. "Nah, I ain't forget about you. I just had a lot going on."

Truth is, Terrance completely dumped her out of his mind. He had his mind so set on getting Raegan that he hadn't even paid attention to any of the other girls that were begging for his attention.

He met Kai at the party after having his talk with Raegan. He didn't pay her any mind at the time, but took her number when she offered it.

"Well, I'm hoping you decide to use it soon." Kai laughed lightly, tilting her head. "Going to another class?"

Terrance gripped the strap on the book bag. "Yeah, my last class of the day. You?"

"I have one more after this one. It ends at 3," Kai sighed. "Wanna meet in the cafe for dinner?"

Terrance nodded his head, licking his lips. "Yeah, that'll work. I'll see you then."

Kai smiled as she walked away, holding onto her books. Terrance looked back, watching as she turned the corner.

The entire way to the cafe, all Terrance could think about was the fact that he was trying so hard to get somebody's attention and that was completely out of character for him. Kai was the typical girl he would go for, the one who came to him, the one that didn't require much of him. While he didn't mind that, he was enjoying the thrill that came with chasing Raegan.

Terrance was snapped out of his thoughts when he heard laughing coming from the dining hall. Terrance shook his head as he jogged up the steps to the entrance.

Terrance immediately spotted Esau walking with David. Terrance called out Esau's name, quickly catching his attention.

"Wassup man, I ain't know you were out of class," Esau spoke, sticking his phone in his pocket. "You good?"

Terrance dapped Esau up before turning to David to do the same. "Yeah. Damn, that shit smells good as hell. What are they serving?"

"Shrimp Po'Boy and fries," David answered, rubbing his hands together. "What class you coming from?"

"Psychology." Terrance nodded his head, signaling for them to move up in the line.

"That's the class you got with Rae, right?" Esau questioned before turning to talk with the cook. "Yeah, we gon' all get both."

"Unfortunately, yeah," Terrance admitted, grabbing his food as the cook handed it to him. "She so damn stuck up."

"Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that she has a terrible attitude towards people she doesn't really know," Esau chuckled, walking out the line with his food.

"Yeah, but once you get to know her everything will be cool," David added.

Terrance shook his head, chuckling. "Nah, I'm over it. Ion wanna get to know her anymore, that shit is dead."

Esau shrugged, sticking a fry in his mouth while walking. "There she goes, I'm finna go talk to her. I'll meet y'all at the table."

Terrance walked alongside David. "So, wassup with you and Brandy?"

David stopped walking, side-eyeing Terrance as he stifled a laugh. "Man, don't even play with me like that. She and I are barely even friends, I tolerate her for Rae."

"Mhm." Terrance hummed, sitting down at the table and taking his book bag off. "I was just asking a question, no need to get hostile buddy."

"Aye! Coach is starting our conditioning next Monday," David flexed his muscle. "Time to put in that work. I'm finna bench press 250!"

Terrance laughed, eating his fries. "Shit is finna get real intense now. What time are they gon be?"

"6 am to 8 am. Shit is a blow, but I'm not too mad." David shrugged. "I got a class right after that, so at least I'll finally be on time."

"That gives me some time to eat breakfast before my 9:30," Terrance replied, standing up. "I'm finna get something to drink. You want something?"

"Yeah. Get me the blue Powerade and some ketchup." David answered, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Esau walked towards the table, drinking his juice. "Aight. I'm back, where you going?"

"I'm getting us something to drink. And from the looks of it, you might need to come with me and get a refill." Terrance laughed, pointing at his nearly empty cup.

Esau smacked his lips, placing his plate on the table. "Man, fuck you. Watch my food bruh."

Terrance continued laughing as he grabbed two cups. "I don't know why you mad at me, I was just looking out for you bro."

"Man, whatever." Esau waved him off. "You got a class after this?"

"Nah, that was my last one for the day," Terrance yawned, filling both cups up. "Why, wassup?"

"Y'all tryna get on 2K?" Esau asked, walking to the table.

"Nah, fuck 2K. Let's hit the track and see who still got it," Terrance smirked, handing David his cup. "Cause we gon' find out in conditioning next week anyways."

"Oh, you ain't say nothing but a word!" David clapped his hands. "Let's go!"

••••
thoughts on Raegan forgiving Justin?
initial thoughts on Kai?
do you think Terrance is gonna give Kai a chance? Or will he continue to pursue Raegan?
also, how're you liking the golden trio friendship dynamic? (Esau, David, and Terrance)
don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.2K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancé ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...