Emerald Rain

Door OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Ever wonder how the events in Fire Emblems Three Houses would have unfolded if Byleth had never been offered... Meer

The Beginning:
Three Houses:
The Blue Lions:
The Mock Battle:
A Day of Monastery Life
Eliminating the bandits:
Garland moon:
Castle Gaspard:
The Holy Mausoleum:
The Rite of Rebirth:
The Crest of Flames:
Into the Abyss:
The Chalice of Beginnings:
Verdant Rain Moon:
Conand Tower:
Vanished:
Horsebow Moon:
The Battle of The Eagle and Lion:
Zanado Canyon:
Remire Village:
The White Heron Cup:
The Ball:
Fate:
Awakening:
The Holy Tomb:
Path of Thorns:
Reunion at Dawn:
The one-Eyed Beast:
Protecting Garreg Mach:
The Beast:
Ailell, The Valley of Torment:
The Master Tactician:
The Great Bridge of Myrddin:
Great Tree Moon:
To Gronder Field, Part One:
To Gronder Field, Part Two:
Gronder Field, Part One:
Gronder Field, Part Two:
The Aftermath of War:
Preparing for Derdriu:
Alliance in Peril:
Protecting Derdriu:
On Trek to a New Dawn:
Rumors of a Reaper:
The Sealed Forest:
The Baron Dominic:
Strategy meeting:
Preparing for Fort Merceus:
Deception:
The Battle at Fort Merceus:
Javelin of Light:
To Garreg Mach Monastery:
Jeritza Von Hrym:
Enbarr Strategy Meeting:
To Enbarr:
Enbarr the Imperial Capital:
The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:
Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:
A United Front:
The Dragon that Lurks in the Shadow:
Two Sides of the Same Coin:
The Church of Seiros:
The Princess of Brigid's request:
The Foreign Land and Sky
A Prince's Proposition:
Arianrhod Part One:
Arianrhod Part Two:
Love and War:
The Cool Before the Storm:
Tailtean Plains
Reclaiming Fhirdiad:
The Beginning of the End:
One Year Later:
The Return:
Those Who Slither in the Dark:
For the Freedom of Fodlan:
The End!

A Day at the Monastery:

277 12 4
Door OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Dimitri:

"They were some of the children that Lady Rhea took in after they had lost their parents?" Gilbert asked in shock, "Are you sure you are alright Your Highness?" he questioned.

Sylvain laughed, "I don't think we need to worry about His Highness" he said "They were all still practically kids" he added.

Gilbert frowned and shook his head, "Still I don't think that the both of you should have just let them go" he said "What if they go and try to attack someone else who is unable to defend themselves" he added.

Dimitri shook his head, "I don't think they will" he said "And if they do, I will personally take responsibility for their actions" he added.

Sylvain patted Dimitri on the shoulder, "I don't think you will have to go to that extent" he said.

Dimitri looked to the floor and remained silent. Sylvain was wrong, this was... No, it is his responsibility. As the person who taught them how to wield a blade, he tainted them.

"Your Highness?" Gilbert called out.

Dimitri looked up to him, "Yes?" he asked.

"Are you sure that you are alright?" he asked.

Dimitri nodded and stood up from the chair in the infirmary, "Yes, I am now if you'll excuse me" he said and began leaving the room.

He needed to clear his head.

And as usual Dimitri was drawn to the training grounds and swung his lance until exhaustion ate at him.

His body felt sore, or maybe it was the weather Dimitri thought as he put the training lance back on the rack then left from the grounds.

Wait.

He still needed to find Byleth.

Maybe she was in her quarters?

Dimitri walked past the classrooms and saw her there in the grass area looking up at the sky.

He wondered, was she waiting for the rain to fall? Or perhaps she was silently cursing the heavens.

Dimitri watched Byleth for a moment then drew closer to her, she turned to him as he stood waiting for her to acknowledge him. "Dimitri" Byleth said she stared at him unsure why he had approached her. For a moment Dimitri considered telling her of what had happened to the children that they had taught swordsmanship to all of those years ago. But... Now did not seem the time to.

"Hello Byleth" Dimitri replied and paused for a moment, "I wished to speak with you on a matter regarding the future of our army" he said.

Byleth looked confused, but she nodded her head. "Alright" she said "What is your question?" she asked.

Dimitri was quiet for a moment; he was trying to find the words to tell someone that he cared for deeply that their idea of sparing everyone wouldn't be possible. Especially not against someone such as Rhea.

"Byleth" Dimitri said softly, "I was wanting to know what your plans were for Rhea?" he asked.

Byleth chuckled softly. "You want to know if I will kill her" she stated.

Dimitri inhaled sharply, perhaps he had said the wrong thing "Byleth you don't have to kill her, there are others who could do it" he began but was cut off.

Byleth shook her head, "No" she said "It has to be me" she added.

Dimitri frowned, "Byleth, if it is going to affect you perhaps you shouldn't be the one to do it" he said softly.

Byleth was silent for a moment, "You know Dimitri, there was a time many moons ago when I probably would have taken you up on this offer" she said "I was terrified of what I was becoming, my goal for Rhea and siding with Edelgard" she said then chuckled slightly "In all honesty I thought I would be like you, driven by the goal to kill Rhea that I might have disregarded everything else entirely" she sighed. "But I know that will not happen" Byleth said "I will be the one to slay Rhea, I have made peace with that" she added.

Dimitri nodded his head slightly; she had thought this through to a great extent he could see that now. He did find it rather hard to believe that she was afraid of becoming like him, as far as Dimitri could tell she was furthest from reaching his level of depravity. "I see" Dimitri said "I apologize for having doubted your ability" he added.

Byleth hummed in acknowledgment of his apology, the two stood in silence for a moment. "Was that all you wished to discuss, Dimitri?" Byleth asked.

Dimitri's face grew red, "Oh, I'm sorry" he began "I could go elsewhere if my presence is bothering you" he said.

Byleth stood silently, mulling over his proposition of leaving her alone. Finally, she sighed, "Don't worry about it Dimitri" she said "I don't mind you as much lately" she added.

Dimitri smiled softly, "That brings me more comfort than you could know" he said, searching her face for any indication of discomfort.

As usual there was nothing.

Byleth nodded her head and shifted around awkwardly, "Well if my presence is no longer needed, I will be on my way" she said and began to walk away to do whatever it was that she needed to.

Dimitri stood there for a moment longer, he was making progress. In all honesty it surprised him that she even stood in his presence at times. Surely all she must see is how Dimitri took the life from her friend's eyes, and... And yet.

To Dimitri's surprise she was eerily calm beside him, perhaps it had to do with the fact she saw that own darkness within herself. And this is her way of empathizing with Dimitri.

Not that he even deserved it in the first place... But still. No, he shouldn't focus on that, it was a relief to him that she didn't avoid him entirely anymore.

Just be happy with that.

He tried to... 

He really did, but there was something about it that didn't sit right with him. After everything they had been through with one another. Would he really be ok with just that? Not that he really deserved more than that, but...

No.

He can't be greedy.

Dimitri knows this.

Claude:

Hilda stared across at Claude as he sat doing paperwork, her gaze was burning a hole into his head. Claude sighed and looked up at her. "Ok Hilda" he said "What do you want?" he asked.

Hilda pursed her lips together, thinking for a moment. "So, are you going to elaborate more on how you know an Almyran general?" Hilda asked.

Claude shook his head, "Oh, Hilda sweet dear Hilda" he sighed "I already did" he added.

Hilda frowned, "No you didn't Claude" Hilda said sternly "You simply danced around the obvious" she added.

Claude laughed, "Huh, I'm a little surprised by you Hilda" he said "Normally these things would slip right past you" he hummed then paused for a moment "No, actually you normally just don't care to comment on it" he said. "So why this time?" Claude asked.

Hilda sighed, "I just want to know is all" she hummed "This is obviously important information Claude" she said "I think we are entitled to know it" she added.

Claude sat in silence for a moment, sure. To some degree Hilda was right. But at the same time wasn't he allowed to have his privacy?

No, he can't tell her. Not any of them... Not yet at least.

Claude rubbed his face, "Hilda, please" he sighed "I... I can't not yet" he said "But I promise you that once everything is over, I will explain everything" he added.

Hilda sighed, "Fine Claude" she said "But when this is all over, you better tell us everything" she demanded.

Claude laughed, "Of course Hilda" he said.

Hilda seemed a bit less upset than she had initially, but he knew it would take time before they would be ok again.

"Next time you keep a secret like that Claude, I'll beat you up" she threatened.

Claude nodded, "Fair enough" he said.

Hilda opened her mouth to respond but was cut off, "Hello there lovely" a voice called out from the entrance of the Golden Deer classroom.

Claude looked at the door and saw Sylvain making his way to them.

"Hey there Sylvain, you're looking pretty lovely yourself" Claude said with a wink.

Sylvain laughed, "Of course" he said "How can I forget the dashing Claude" he said and winked back at him.

Hilda chuckled, "You both are dorks" she said while shaking her head.

Claude looked to Sylvain, "Alright so what can I do for you?" he asked "It's not often you pay me a visit" he added.

Sylvain threw his hands up, "You caught me" he said and paused for a moment "I came to pick your brain a bit in all honesty" he added.

Claude tilted his head in confusion, "Oh? For what?" he asked.

"About how you intend to break down those barriers," Sylvain said.

Claude frowned, "Hm, I didn't take you as someone who would be interested in that" he said.

Sylvain smiled, "I think your impression of me might be off then" he said.

"Hmm, maybe then" Claude said "So why are you interested in it?" he asked.

"Do you know where Gautier territory is?" Sylvain asked, "You probably don't" he said "It borders the Northeastern part of Faerghus right along-" he began.

"Sreng" Claude butted in.

Sylvain nodded, "Yes Sreng" he confirmed.

Claude was silent for a moment, "So you want to open up relations with the people of Sreng" he asked.

Sylvain nodded, "Yes, I do" he said "And to show Faerghus that we don't need crests in order to have harmony between us" he added,

Claude nodded, "I'm a little surprised that you have these kinds of ambitions if I am being frank" he said.

"Yeah, who knew there was more to you" Hilda laughed.

Sylvain grimaced at that comment but nodded, "Haha, yeah" he sighed.

"I intended to get rid of Fodlan's locket to strengthen ties, you could try something similar to that" Claude suggested "Although it probably is best you don't do it that way, you should be diplomatic instead, build a relationship with the leaders" he added.

Sylvain nodded, "Yeah... That makes sense" he replied "Thank you Claude" he added.

Claude nodded his head, "Of course" he said.

Sylvain smiled then left from the classroom.

"That was a little weird," Hilda said.

Claude shrugged his shoulders, "Sylvain Gautier is a complex man" he said with a laugh.

Hilda smiled, "You know, normally I would object to that, but... I think you are right about that" she said "There is definitely more to him than he lets on" she added.

Byleth:

Byleth's heels clacked on the cold wet stone of the Abyss, she was certain she had just alerted them all of her presence. If this had been a stealth mission, she would have failed miserably no doubt.

But she wasn't on a stealth mission, so she had no reason to even worry about that. She merely wanted to relieve Mercedes for a couple of hours, so she wouldn't have to spend her entire day down in the Abyss with Jeritza.

Byleth didn't really want to but, she couldn't let her friend rot down here. Although knowing Mercedes she wouldn't have been affected by it... Well hopefully.

Yuri was leaning outside of Jeritza's room, his eyes flickered to Byleth as she approached him. "Hey there friend," Yuri said to her.

Byleth nodded to him, "Hello Yuri" she said "Is Mercedes still here?" she asked.

Yuri shook his head, "Nah, she left not too long ago" he said "It took a lot of persuasion" he added with a laugh.

Byleth smiled softly, "I don't doubt that" she said then reached for the door "Has he given you guys any trouble?" she asked.

Yuri shook his head, "Surprisingly no" he said.

Byleth nodded then opened the door and entered the room. She closed it after herself so that Jeritza wouldn't get any ideas. Byleth walked over to a chair that was at the desk and sat in it, watching Jeritza.

Jeritza was sitting up in his bed with a tray in his lap, focusing on his food...

Jeritza looked up and met her gaze, "Oh, it's you" he said "What's the matter? Hungry?" he asked.

Byleth frowned staring at his plate, "What... Is that?" she asked.

Jeritza's face remained neutral, "I am partaking in some sweet delights. Is there a problem?" he asked.

Byleth stared at Jeritza for a moment, "You... have a sweet tooth?" she asked.

"Yes..." Jeritza said, his gaze unwavering "I am a person too... What I eat is nobody's business but my own" he said then sighed, "If you need something spit it out. My ice cream is melting" he added.

Byleth leaned back in her chair, "I don't need anything" she replied, she found it mildly amusing how both Mercedes and Jeritza care for sweets. Maybe it's hereditary trait of having a sweet tooth.

"Then leave," Jeritza said.

Byleth continued staring at Jeritza in silence, "Are you really the Death Knight?" she finally asked.

Jeritza shook his head, "I am. And I am not" he sighed. "At the moment I am Jeritza Von Hrym" he added.

Byleth frowned, "You have said that before..." she said "Elaborate on that?" she asked.

Jeritza was silent for a moment, "The Emperor and the army know me only as the Death Knight..." he said "But he is merely an illusion- a demon who resides in my heart. He is not me. Not who I am at my core" he added, closing his eyes momentarily. "He thrives and feasts upon blood, death, and suffering..." Jeritza said "So while I sit here eating, I prefer to just be myself. Jeritza" he said "I would like to be who I truly am" he sighed.

Byleth sat there watching him, in a sense Jeritza reminded her of Dimitri. Both of them with this monstrous side to them, that controls them. Except Jeritza seems to not be in control of those urges and separates it from himself into another person. While Dimitri acknowledges that darkness inside and fights it... How odd. So similar, yet so different.

Jeritza grunted, "I am incapable of enjoying my desert with you gawking at me like that" he said "I have no further words for you, go" he added.

Byleth frowned at Jeritza and shook her head, "Um, I don't know if you realize but you aren't one to be making demands" she stated. "But I will stop staring if you answer my question" Byleth said.

Jeritza looked to her, "What question?" he asked.

"Mercedes, she keeps referring to you as Emile" Byleth said "And you call yourself Jeritza" she said, "So which is it? Emile or Jeritza?" she asked.

Jeritza was silent for a moment, "I told you before" he began "I am Jeritza Von Hrym" he said and paused for a moment, "Emile Von Bartels is dead" he added.

Byleth nodded, "I see" she murmured then focused her attention elsewhere so that Jeritza could finish his ice cream in peace.

As Byleth sat there her mind began to wander to the conversation she held with Dimitri earlier that day. If she could kill Rhea.

Part of Byleth didn't want to. For the obvious reason of not wanting to die, but she knew ultimately this is what must be done. Claude or Dimitri they wouldn't be able to forgive themselves once they found out the truth about what will happen to Byleth once Rhea dies.

Hilda's advice crossed Byleth's mind. Could she ever bring herself to tell them?

No, then Dimitri won't let her kill Rhea...

Byleth knows that.

Maybe she should at least tell her Father... No then she would still be in the same predicament.

As much as Byleth hated the idea of withholding this from her friends she knew that in the end it would be for the best.

Byleth just hoped that they would come to understand that as well.

A knock on the door broke Byleth's train of thought, she looked over to see Mercedes entering the room.

"Oh, hello Byleth" she said happily, "Thank you for keeping Emile company while I was away" she added.

Byleth nodded and smiled at her then stood up from the chair to let Mercedes use it. "It was no problem" Byleth replied, and began heading to the door, "I will see you tomorrow Mercedes" she added then exited and began making her way to her room.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

20.7K 687 56
"We could have been great together, Teach." Even though Byleth had chosen to teach the Black Eagles, the Golden Deer house leader Claude von Riegan w...
957 15 35
A Fire Emblem Three Houses high school vampire AU. Byleth is used to her father's job causing them to move suddenly, and has to start her senior year...
2.4K 32 12
Jeralt had gone through so much and has gone through the struggles of being a single, widowed father. He watched as his only daughter and child, Byle...
52.2K 751 19
in the monastery they being Heard rumors about a new transfer student would Join the house either black Eagle,blue lion and Golden dear, but when the...