Songs From Underland

By wonderlandrose14

This is just a shitpost book of all the songs in my spotify playlist that remind me of Underland. I'll also... More

Just Like Fire~P!nk
Wonderland~Taylor Swift
Crybaby (album)~Melanie Martinez
Wonderland~Natalia Kills
Hey Alice~Rachel Rose Mitchell
SIX: The Musical
Long Live~Taylor Swift
Alice In Wonderland (1951) soundtrack
Wrap Me in Plastic~CHROMANCE, Marcus Layton
BADLANDS~Halsey
Alice~Lady Gaga
Pure Imagination~from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Almost Alice soundtrack

34 3 0
By wonderlandrose14

"I said you were not hardly Alice.  Although, you're much more her now.  In fact, you're Almost Alice."

Here is the link to my Spotify playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/74NUL8GWiPkUAiMr8ty8rY?si=fvqS2EgjSluWH30Aurm0BQ

I'm putting all of the songs from the Almost Alice soundtrack in one place.  For obvious reasons ofc, this was literally an album inspired by the 2010 movie.

Alice~Avril Lavigne

"I found myself in Wonderland.  Get back on my feet again.  Is this real?  Is it pretend?  I'll take a stand until the end."
Nice song, and in case you didn't know this was the song playing in the end credits of the first film.
The Poison~The All-American Rejects

"And you fall down a hole. And that's the one place that we both know. You'd take me with you if you could but I wouldn't go. I guess that sometimes we both lose our minds, find a better road."
A nice calm and relaxing sounding song.  I do like that change in music style towards the end, however.
The Technicolor Phase~Owl City

"If you cut me I suppose I would bleed the colors of the evening stars. You can go anywhere you wish cause I'll be there wherever you are."
One of the weaker ones on the album for me personally.  Still, every song on this album slaps in their own way.
Her Name is Alice~Shinedown

"I invite you to a world where there is no such thing as time. And every creature lends themself to change your state of mind. And the girl that chased the rabbit, drank the wine and took the pill has locked herself in limbo to see how it truly feels to stand outside your virtue. No one can ever hurt you. Or so they say. Her name is Alice."
I do absolutely love this one!  I first heard it used in a couple of Hatter cosplay Tiktoks on Instagram (I don't have Tiktok lmao).
Painting Flowers~All Time Low

"When I wake up the dream isn't done. I wanna see your face and know I've made it home. If nothing is true, what more can I do? I am still painting flowers for you."
Very sweet and just such a good song.  Gives me total Hattice vibes but that's for another song-book thingy.  Maybe.
Where's My Angel~Metro Station

"Where's my angel? Go on and take my life. Where's my angel? I need someone here tonight."
Also gives me Hattice vibes.  C'mon it's basically Tarrant asking "where's his angel" or his champion.
Strange~Tokio Hotel & Kerli

"Strange, strange. In your perfect world, so strange. Strange. I feel so absurd in this life. Don't come closer. In my arms, forever you'll be strange, strange like me."
Pretty solid.  Although it's a hit or miss song for me.
Follow Me Down~3OH!3, Neon Hitch

"Take me, take me outta here, it makes me feel so, feel so na-na-na-na-na. Baby, baby here we all are crazy. You don't have to worry. Na-na-na-na-na."
Such a bop my god!  This would be in my top whatever songs that are just so Underland.
Very Good Advice~Robert Smith

"I give myself very good advice but I very seldom follow it. Could explain the trouble that I'm always in."
A very kooky but great rendition of the classic 1951 song from the cartoon.
In Transit~Mark Hoppus with Pete Wentz

"Go down the hole. Drink from the bottle and never go home. No one's to blame, we're always the same. (We're always the same.)"
Another one of the weaker ones for me.  Granted, I don't normally listen to the music genres featured in this album but yeah.
Welcome To Mystery~Plain White T's

"This is a place where your mind can escape all the problems today and go far, far away. This is a town with no history, welcome to mystery."
I didn't expect to like this as much as I did.  Idk there's just a whimsical feeling to it that I love.
Tea Party~Kerli

"Welcome to the tea party. You wanna be my VIP? You didn't RSVP. That's okay, that's okay."
Hands down my favorite line from this is "fother-mucker try to show some class".  I love the upbeat vibe to it.  Although that line is a little risky for something inspired by a Disney film lol.  Did Disney have anything to do with this album though?  I mean they must have since it's their property on the cover.
The Lobster Quadrille~Franz Ferdinand

"Will you, won't you, won't you
Will you, won't you join the dance?
Will you, won't you, will you
Won't you, won't you join the dance?"
An interesting concept of a poem from the original book.  I actually really like this rendition.
Always Running Out Of Time~Motion City Soundtrack

"I have to know if you'll float away with me. The faster I go, the further away it seems you get. Are we floating nowhere yet?"
Another hit or miss song for me.
Fell Down A Hole~Wolfmother

"Could you lend a hand? 'Cause people don't understand she lives on her own down in Wonderland. I fell down a hole into another town. Living underground, looking for that sound."
Maybe my least favorite?  I'm not a huge fan of the rock and roll aspect of it.
White Rabbit~Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

"Go ask Alice, I think she'll know. When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead. And the White Knight is talking backwards and the Red Queen's off with her head. Remember what the dormouse said, Feed your head."
Oh god, I love this song!  Question though, is this song longer?  Like are there more verses?  Because I know with Alice by Avril Lavigne that there's an extended version.
Sea What We Seas~Never Shout Never

"I've got you and me that's a family. Let's sail the seven seas, and see what we see. 'Cause life is silly if you see like me. So please don't take life so seriously."
Also a meh for me.  I'm not sure what to think about it even though I've listened to it a bunch.  Also, I'm surprised that the word "pissy" is used and not edited out.
Topsy Turvy~Family Force 5

"Maybe I'm crazy, what did I fall into? Lookin' for a key to a door that I can't get through. Just maybe, I'm crazy. Don't you know, don't you know I'm going under? Just maybe, in a world of wonder, wonder..."
I really like this one too.  It has that vibe that I love so much!
Extreme~Valora

"You are exactly what I'm looking for. You are the key that opens up the door. I'll take anything from you, I'd long to love you. You are exactly what I'm waiting for. Waiting has only made me love you more. Tell me what you're gonna do. I'm crazy into you."
Ooo really like this one too!  Hattice vibes again.  Although I can't help it cringe at the lyrics "I'm not an ordinary girl".
You Are Old, Father William~They Might Be Giants

"You are old, Father William, the young man said, and your hair has become very white; and yet you incessantly stand on your head. Do you think, at your age, it is right?"
Such a weird poem.  Just like The Lobster Quadrille, this was another poem from the original book.  In the cartoon from 1951, as Alice sneaks away from the Tweedles, they're singing this song.
Alice's Theme~Danny Elfman

"How can you know this way, not that? You choose the door, you choose the path. Perhaps you should be coming back another day, another day. And nothing is quite as it seems. You're dreaming, are you dreaming, oh, Alice?"
Omg yES!  Danny Elfman is a god and his scores are nothing but epic.  Alice's Theme is no exception to that.  God, I love this so much and I know all the lyrics (and yes there are lyrics).
Tea Party (Jason Nevins Radio Remix)~Kerli

"I'm a lady, futher-mucker, try to show some class!"
Pretty cool remix of Tea Party but I prefer the original.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6M 47.5K 55
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
257K 1K 30
Just some AO3 shots not mine credit to owner ❤️
54.5K 4.2K 60
"Bredda yuh deaf say mi and yuh done" I said as I walked out of the bathroom "We nuh left until mi say suh" He said following behind me "Who author...
100K 5.7K 135
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...