It's a Queens Job | REIGN FAN...

By PMjosie_

" I will bow to no man. I will face every threat to my reign with sword in hand and any who stand in my way... More

Prologue
C A S T
2• Kissed
3•poison
4• The truth
5• Damaged
6•
7•
8•
9•
10•
11•
12•
13•
14•
15•
16•
17•
18•
19•
20•
21•
22•
23•
24•
25•
26•
part two.

1 • arrival

5.3K 71 25
By PMjosie_

|please play the song when it says to|

****

Catalina's POV

"¡No puedo esperar para casarme!"
( I can't wait to get married!)

My sister Juliana states proudly,

" El matrimonio no es un juego Juliana, además solo se casaban para aliados." ( Marriage is no game, Juliana, besides were only getting married for allies) She rolls her eyes at me, I hold my rosary close to my chest and I quietly pray.

I have never touched French soil or.. Met the prince I am to wed that was the agreement my mother made, that and if I want to be the queen of Spain I must marry. It sickens me that my mom doesn't think I can do it unless I have a man beside me.

Our carriage comes to a halt and I hear chanting and a bunch of "Your Majesty" soo I guess we're here.

¡Por fin estamos aquí, Catalina! ¿no estás emocionado, es tu nuevo hogar!
( Finally, we're here Catalina! aren't you excited, it's your new home!)
I look at her with seriousness in my face,

" Juli we must speak English now"
I say in my strong Spanish accent.

"Fine! Calm down your royal Highness" she jokingly bows her head and I laugh just a bit.

" Welcome, Princess Catalina! And Princess Juliana"

Me and my sister hear then look at each other and then, the door swings open and someone places a stool down for me and my sister.

" I guess it's time to shine Princess Catalina"

"I guess so Princess Juliana" I quickly grab her hand and walk not so gracefully out the carriage, Basically I fall and my ladies in waiting laugh oh so much.

I hear someone say
"those girls are no Princesses!"

And well I get irritated! How dare some random commoner talk like that to the future queen!

I stand up and straighten my dress out, then run over to my girls.

"Oh my! Susana, Clara! María, inés!"
The girls instantly bow to me,

"We've missed you so much, Catalina!"
María says

"Oh let's hug!" Susana says as she throws her arm around me then me and the girls hug, but all fun comes to a stop when my mother's carriage arrives. All attention drops from us and goes to her as she gracefully steps out with my two brothers right after her.

" Welcome, the Queen of Spain Ana"

Soon after, Catherine comes out.

"whose that with the king?" I say

"Esa es su amante"
(That's his mistress)
inés whispers but you can still hear her strong Spanish accent

" English please, I'm trying to learn"

"The one language your not mastered in" María jokingly says then Clara taps me on my arm

"Hey, your mothers coming over" she points to my mother

"Great. Something to ruin my day"

"Catalina."

"Hello, mother."

"Are you ready to meet your prince?

"Ready as I'll ever be"

" marvelous! Because he's here." She points over to a tall, blonde boy"

"He looks gorgeous"

" inés! You can't say stuff like that he is betrothed" my mother scolds
And the young prince walks up to us with a grin on his face

"You must be prince Francis" my mother speaks before I could

"Yes your Majesty" he bows

"I'm Princess Catalina" I finally speak up and lock eyes with him.

"Your grace" he bows to me and then, of course, one of my ladies speaks up

"Soo Francis! What do you want from our Princess" María speaks up and steps forward

"María!" My mother scolds her

"No, it's fine" he fixes his eyes on me

"j'ai l'intention de la chérir et de l'aimer bientôt, dans l'espoir de récupérer la même chose.
(i intend on cherishing and soon loving her, hoping to get the same back.)

He puts his hand out for me to take it, I take it and my mother claps so does the whole all the people

" you have had a vision what is it!"

"I.."

"Oh come on spit it out! Will my son be truly happy?"

" She will cause the rise... And fall of your son"

****
In Catalina's Chambers

" Ladies" a tall woman steps in my chamber and all my ladies stop dancing around and laughing.

"Good, now you girls listen up. You are here to make the Princess look good nothing the less"

"And who are you?" I stand from my chair I was seated in

"Well I'm your personal servant"

"Do we get servants too?" Clara almost dances with joy at the sound of it

"No, only the Princess" Susana speaks up

"Once you girls are married you can get as many of servants you want!" I say to lift my lady's spirits and make them feel equal to me, I know I am the heir to Spain's throne but family and friends come first as long as I'm a Princess.

" I like the sound of that"

"Of course you do maría" inés nudges
María.

"Well, what's your exact job?" I curiously ask

"I cater to all your needs, do as you ask and make sure your ready to be Queen"

Someone knocks on the door and then opens it, only to see Francis.

"Can I speak to Catalina alone?" He asks so polity and innocently, I nod and my ladies and servant leave in a hurry.

He smiles at me with a loss for words but I motion for him to sit.

"Well, what do you want?"

"I want to know more about you! You seem so mysterious and brave"

"Well, I'm the oldest child my name is Catalina rosa-"

"No something I don't already know!"

I lock eyes with Francis for just a second and see innocence and kindness,

"Please?"

"Fine! I speak 5 almost 6 different languages I've known my ladies since birth, my mother and I don't like each other very much but only because she believes my brother should be on the throne and not me..."
I look down at my hands and just one only one tear falls down from my eye to cheek and Francis notices and lifts up my chin.

"oh, Catalina ... tu es un ange et je viens de te rencontrer alors s'il te plait n'écoute pas ta mère. Vous méritez cette couronne."
(oh Catalina...you are an angel and I've just met you so please do not listen to your mother. You deserve that crown.)

"Francis... I need to tell you something"

"Yes?"

"Love to me is nothing... My father died right in front of me he was the only person who understood me when he passed I lost myself I didn't eat for weeks nor sleep but I've just gotten back a good place but... I'm not sure I can feel or believe in love again." I look deeply in his eyes and see the pain but still, he has a kind soul...

" Catalina you are more then I expected you to be and if that's your choice I accept it."

"Francis...thank you."

"No worries, I'll let you finish your business and see you at your ball"

"Wait- what ball?"

"There's a ball being held to announce our engagement to the rest of France"

"Oh my! Why wasn't I informed of this!"

"It was supposed to be a surprise"

"I hate surprises so thank you now I must get ready! Please send my ladies back in "

"As you wish"

Francis leaves and my ladies and servant come back in.

"Girls! I must get ready there's a ball being held in my honor!"

"Wasn't that supposed to be a surprise?" inés sits in the seat across from me

"Yes but thanks to my fiance I now know!"

The girls 'awe' and then we hurry and get ready.

****

|I know this looks tacky but I wanted to show her gown for the ball, so, please forgive me|

Catalina's dress

|so tacky!!!! But amazing dress|

****

I've had been at the ball for several minutes now and the couples are dancing and having fun, I look around and overhear the most awful thing!

"Ha! You really thought I would wed you? No. I need a woman of power like your friends, all you are is a stable girl whose family got just a little wealth!"

I see one of my oldest friends crying while that horrid man just insults her! So I get up and walk over to them

"How. Dare. You!" I yell and all heads turn their attention to us

"Your majesty"

"You are an evil bastard!"

"I was just making sure she knows her place! She's a nobody unlike us!"
A few people gasp but I can not believe what I am hearing!

"Well, who are you! Because I'm a Princess and future queen of one of the most wealthiest country! I could ruin you in a second!"

" I'm an old friend of the kings!"

"Yeah, you're old! Now leave my friend alone!"

I grab Susana's arm and pull her in a corner

"Susan are you-"
she cuts me off with a hug and keeps repeatedly saying 'thank you'

The music plays again and the people get back to chatting, then Carla rushes over and pulls us apart

"Ladies let's dance!"

"We can't dance alone"

"Then lets dance together! Hurry take off your shoes!"

| Play the song and start at 0:49 :)|

We take off our shoes and start dancing around and I feel my mother's eyes on me but at this moment I feel free!

We laugh and skip around just like when we were children!

I spin and spot Francis smiling at me so I run and bring him on the dance floor! We dance and our eyes meet... We lock eyes and just stare like we are the only people in France! It.felt.great! And for a moment just one second basically I felt love

****

1. I began this at like 8:00 pm and didn't finish till 2:08 am and I'm still refusing to go to sleep- so-
Anyway chile so-

2. This doesn't match real history! Well sorta! All the reign character's stories will be completely 60% accurate- bc I did do research on them and Spain so don't come at me!!!

3. Catalina and her ladies are close like shared a womb close- so I will not be breaking up their friendship any time soon!!

4. This took a long time I really put all my heart in it. Francis, not the one from reign the real king, deserved a chance of happiness, he was only 16 so this book is going to embrace him and his shyness!

5. Mary will be involved in the story just to involve drama.

6. I will try to post a chapter every other day if I'm not crying over reign Francis's death. Don't judge that broke me.

7. I don't know if the reign fandom is dead or naw but I love the show so I'm gonna continue to do what I love and right a full fanfic book!

****

Anywho I hope you guys at least give this book a chance but if u don't like just go read my love island fanfic :)
_______________________________________

Word Count: 1854

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.1K 204 32
My name is Rosalie Amelia Rocasolano and I am the girl who didn't plan on marrying a prince who is soon going to be king. I was going to marry some...
128K 2.4K 22
The realm seemed calm under the rule of King Henry. The alliance with Scotland was almost finalized by the marriage of his son Francis to Mary, Queen...
23.3K 593 18
Returning from their trip, news spreads about Elizabeth's threat towards Scotland and Mary. Francis returns to his normal duties in French Court, inc...
36.6K 324 70
My mother Queen Penelope of Bulgaria once told me that if I were to marry someone royal or noble or just not even royal that I should marry for love...