Hey there Iris (FlashxGlee)

By Glee4lili

It was the one day where all the new directions visit Dalton academy. That one day where they unfold one of S... More

The tour
The song
TAGGED!
The call
Possible Q & A

Finally meeting Iris

3.2K 63 40
By Glee4lili

Start writing your story

Hey guys... :D

PLEASEDON'TKILLMEI'MSORRY!!!!!!! Getting ready for the new school year and summer's been busy. Know that it isn't a good excuse but hope you guys have been having a good summer! (or winter or fall or spring. Depends on where you are in the world)

I wanna say thank you so much for all the support I've gotten since the beginning of this story! I never expected it to get this big! I'm glad you all enjoy it! I've wanted to see a short story with a plot like this one since I discovered the whole "Sebastian is Barry" trope and haven't been able to find one so I decided to write one! I know a lot of you like it and thank you for sticking by my side!

I have realised that I switch from referring Sebastian to Barry and vice versa. To clear it up, i will use Sebastian when the ND's and Warblers talk to him and when it's in 3rd view mostly because it is taking place in Glee's setting. When Iris talks to and/or about him, it will be Barry.

This is going to be the last chapter :'( (unless I decide to write an epilogue...) I know it's been a long wait but here it is! Wrote this while at Starbucks with wonderful music blasting through my earphones. Really proud of this chapter actually. Enjoy! (Also Sebastian/Barry might act a little OOC)

IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE END

-------

Previously...

There it was. The name. The mysterious name that everyone wanted to know. It did make sense since earlier, he changed the lyrics to 'Hey there Iris'. There was the name who made Sebastian bearable. Who made him nice.

There was one thought running through everyone's mind as they slowly backed away from the door. There was one thought as they continued the tour but barely paid attention.

We have to meet Iris.

-------

3rd P.O.V

After hearing that phone call you really can't expect the New Directions and the Warblers to just MIND THEIR OWN BUSINESS right...?

Oh course not! After all, if they did, this story wouldn't exist (I think)! So what did they do? They obviously coincidentally were at Lima Bean on a Friday. The same Lima Bean where Sebastian would meet the mysterious Iris and where they will finally be able to answer some of their questions.

Time skip brought to you by a Presentation called "The Whole Being Dead Thing"

It was Friday. Finally. For Sebastian, it meant finally seeing his childhood friend/crush. For the Secret Listeners (ND and Warblers), it meant finally getting some answers. They didn't always get along but, for this, they would band together.

The NDs and the warblers were sitting inside Lima Bean. OBVIOUSLY in disguises (that didn't really work but it made them feel more excited.) They weren't sure what time Sebastian and Iris would meet up so they agreed to arrive there around 11am and stay till it closes so they could catch the woman who put a real smile on Sebastian's face.

Sebastian himself was walking to Lima Bean in comfy yet casual clothes with a slight bounce in his step. He was also blissfully unaware of the storm that was about to hit him that would start as soon as he walked into the store.

Iris had quickly dropped her bags off at the Smythe's and quickly caught up with them before they shooed her out of the house to go meet up with Barry. She was excited to see him and see how he's been doing. There hasn't been much contact between them especially with all the school work they get.

Everybody is in their places, everybody is ready and nobody is prepared for what they're about to find out.

Let the show begin.

With the ND's and Warblers

Most had arrived at the agreed time (11am), some arriving a little later, flustered and apologising with excuses on their tongue. It was semi full, most of the customers the Secret Listeners. They had ordered their coffees and sat down at the biggest table which only seated 10. Since they had 13 (Blaine, Kurt, Finn, Rachel, Santana, Brittany, Artie, Tina, Mercedes, Quinn, Thad, Nick and Jeff) they had some of the couples sit on each other's lap (Blaine + Kurt, Santanna + Brittany and Nick + Jeff). The ones facing the door (Santanna, Brittany and Thad) kept an eye on it, watching for a girl that might be their age to walk through the door. Some had gotten bored quickly and were scrolling through their phones.

It had only been 45 mins until a girl caught the door watchers' interest. She had chocolate skin and wavy hair that suited her perfectly. She dressed casually, had an air of unfamiliarity around her and looked around as if looking for something, or someone. She was beautiful and was clearly unfamiliar with the store. They quietly alerted the others and they discreetly tried watching her as she made her way to the barista and ordered a small iced cappuccino and sat down at a two seater table facing the door. It wasn't until the barista announced the name "Iris" and she stood up to grab the cold drink that they knew they had their person. They looked at each other and had the same thought.

"It's her"

Now it was just a matter of time before Sebastian would walk through the door. They just had to wait.

They didn't have to wait long after that but for them, it felt like hours. 15 mins after Iris had arrived, Sebastian entered with a goofy grin on his face, a completely different air around him. He seemed happier than he usually was. They noticed the small bounce as he quickly looked around the shop. His eyes landed on the girl sitting scrolling through her phone, clearly not paying attention.

He quietly snuck behind her and placed his hands on her shoulders, spun her around and said "BOO!". The girl, Iris, was startled at first before the shock melted into happiness. She laughed, threw herself at Sebastian and quickly engulfed him in a giant hug which he happily accepted and returned. Laughing as he spun her around and said 'hi' with the biggest smile on his face that almost no one had seen before. They sat down and started talking.

A couple of the ND's and Nick made a move to get up before they were brought down by the people next to them, and were shushed. They wanted to wait a little longer before they confronted the pair.

Sebastian's P.O.V

I walked in, my eyes quickly scanning the store before resting on a figure sitting by herself, eyes glued to her phone, in her own bubble away from the world. A grin made its way to my face before I had even noticed and quietly crept behind her. It was easier since she had her headphones plugged in, probably blasting music. I quickly put my hands on her shoulders, spun her around so she would see my face and let out a "BOO" effectively startling her. She quickly recognised me before launching herself into me.

Laughing, I pulled her into a hug before realising something. I was taller than her. When I left Central City, we were the same height as I was on the small side. Now, I was able to tuck her head into the crook of my neck easily while slightly tipping my head up to rest on hers. Wow. We've both grown. I knew that she would grow a lot but still. Wow.

I spun her around saying "hi". I was probably smiling and could feel my cheeks starting to hurt. She mirrored my smile and also said hi before I finally let her down and we moved to sit.

"You've grown" I said, still slightly shocked about the height difference between them.

"So have you silly" she said with a small laugh at the end. "You've gotten more lean but you're still scrawny" she remarked with a slight teasing tone in her voice.

"Gasp, I am offended. I am not scrawny" I said back in the same teasing tone."How have you been?! It's been a while! What's been going on?"

"I'm good! Joined the soccer and junior judo team at school. It feels so different not having you there" she said "Dad has been teaching me some boxing and It's been really fun! He also told me to tell you he says hi and that he misses you. Also that if I find out someone's been giving you trouble, I should kick their ass!" She said with a smile on her face.

"That's so cool! And don't worry. Dalton has a strict no bullying policy"

"So what's been going on with you? Last you told me you joined a lacrosse team! How many times have you tripped?" she said while sipping her coffee, mirth shining in her eyes.

"I am offended" I remark, dramatically putting a hand on my chest. "I'm actually the captain of the team and have led them to multiple championships thank you very much"

"I'm so proud of you!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air, attracting a few curious looks from other customers. I let out a little laugh.

I didn't realise how much I missed her until she was right in front of me, laughing and bantering with me. I knew that I missed her but didn't realise how much.

I heard a couple chairs scrape back, meaning people were standing up. I didn't pay much attention, too interested in watching Iris talk about how she wanted to join the school newspaper team. Suddenly, I felt someone come and stand behind me. They cleared their throat and said something that made me freeze.

"Hey Meerkat"

ND's and Warblers P.O.V

It was like watching two puzzle pieces come together. That was the conclusion some reached while watching Sebastian and Iris talk. Them going back and forth, laughing and bantering. It made some people feel guilty for watching and following them. Intruding on his private life. If this went the wrong way, they would destroy the fragile trust that some of them built with Sebastian. If it goes the right way, they hope (hope) that they'll be able to become closer to Sebastian which some needed so they could put the past behind them.

It was now or never. They were too far in to back out now.

When Iris threw his hands in the air, Santanna finally got up and started approaching them. The rest followed easily. As they approached the pair who hadn't noticed them yet, a couple suddenly started getting butterflies in their stomach. Whether from fear or excitement, they weren't sure.

Santanna stood behind Sebastian and cleared her throat.

"Hey Meerkat"

There's no backing out now.

3rd P.O.V

Sebastian whipped around, eyes wide in shock. A second later, his face became passive, a small smirk resting on his face like it's been there the entire time. If they didn't see that shock, they would think that Sebastian had that smirk on all day.

"Hello Santan and others. What are you doing here?" he asked, face nonchalant. He realized it was a stupid question right after the words left his mouth. Lima Bean was a popular hangout and meet-up spot for a lot of high school students. Why wouldn't they be here?

"We decided to all hang out together here and saw you sitting here! And with a beautiful lady on top of that right across from you. May I ask for your name my dear?" Thad replied smoothly with what seemed to be genuine surprise at seeing Sebastian here while extending his hand for a handshake. The ND's and Niff knew otherwise.

Iris seemed to buy it, meeting his hand halfway and shaking his hand. "Iris West. Do you all know Barry?"

"We do," piped in Rachel with a big fake smile on her face. "I'm Rachel Berry"

One by one they introduced themselves, shooting a small smile at Iris.

"Thad Harwood" replied the boy from earlier.

"Nick Duval" replied a short man with black hair standing next to a blond (A.N THANK YOU @rosslynch6 for helping me with Nick and Jeff's last name)

"Jeff Sterling" replied the tall blond standing next to Nick (THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS ALSO)

"Blaine Anderson" said a guy with WAY too much gel in his hair standing next to a chestnut brown haired teen

"Kurt Hummel" said the brown haired teen with amazing clothes on

"Finn Hudson" replied the tall and muscular teen in the group

"Santana Lopez" a feisty looking latino replied with her arm around another girl

"Brittany Pierce" the girl who had Santana's arm wrapped around her waist said

"Artie Abrams" said a guy in a wheelchair, glasses on his face

"Tina Cohen-Chang" a petite asian girl said, a shy smile on her face

"Mercedes Jones" an excited girl introduced with a big grin on her face

"Quinn Fabray" said a blond with a polite smile on her face

As they introduced themselves, they felt Sebastian's steel gaze watching them, daring them to mess up or say the wrong thing.

Iris, unaware, grinned at them then looked to Sebastian "It's nice to meet you. You didn't tell me you were so popular Barry! How do you know them?"

Before Sebastian had the chance to answer, Santana started speaking.

"Thad and Niff go to the meerkat's school and the rest of us go to another school. We're also their rival glee club"

'Niff?' thought Iris, storing the information in the back of her brain. It took her a few seconds to process the other piece of information that she had received.

"Wait GLEE CLUB?" Iris exclaimed. Sebastian winced, not really wanting to explain.

"Didn't you know? Sebastian is the captain of the Warblers" said Nick with a grin on his face.

"Wait really! Barry you neve- wait who's Sebastian?" Iris asked with a confused look on her face.

"Wait who's Barry?" Some of the ND's asked, confusion also floating in the air. By this time, some of them had grabbed spare chairs from other tables and sat themselves down.

Also by this time, Sebastian (or Barry) had enough of being silent and not being able to talk so he rushed in while everyone was too busy being confused.

"My original name is Barry Allen but I changed my name when I came here" he admitted, eyes cast downward. A slight bit of hesitation and fear in his voice. Fear that the ND's and the Warblers weren't sure where it came from. Iris, though, seemed to understand perfectly.

"Why though? What happened for that to happen?" asked Artie.

A look of hesitance, fear and a brief look of, was that shame? Sebastian looked across to Iris, a look passed between them before slowly looking at the New Directions. He started to stand and gather his things.

"Not here. Let's go somewhere else. More private" he said, a slight tremble in his voice. Not noticeable if you weren't paying attention. Unfortunately, everyone was.

Iris silently got up to follow him and gestured for the rest of the group to do the same. The ND's and the Warblers were confused. What was so bad that they had to go somewhere different for Sebastian to tell them?

As they walked out of the coffee shop, millions of questions made their way into the group's minds.

For the ND's and the three warblers, it was questions centering around Sebastian. They originally came here to find out about Iris but left on a mission to discover more about Sebastian. For Sebastian, the questions were more worries and toxic thoughts. How would the rest react? Would they treat him the same? He came to this new school thinking that he could hide his past until he graduated. Unfortunately, it seems that his ugly past will finally come to light. Iris was worried but she was worried about Barry. She remembered the days when he would come home stumbling, his hood up to cover his face with multiple injuries littering on his little scrawny body. Sometimes he would be able to cover it up, Iris and Joe not knowing until they bump into one of his injuries and the facade drops with him flinching in pain or hissing.

They tried to bring up the topic of the severe bullying to the principal but she wouldn't listen. Judging Barry and comparing him to his father like the rest of the city did. They were forced to acknowledge it though, when it got so bad that Barry ended up in the hospital. Another bully student had seen what happened and recorded the encounter on his phone. A couple days after Barry landed in the hospital and rumors had started in school, the boy brought the video to Iris and Joe which they used to get Barry out of school and have the boy expelled. The boy's parents tried to fight it, but after seeing the video themselves and hearing that they might leak it, they relented and accepted the expulsion.

Iris knew that it was a silly thought, Barry's new friends turning on him because of something that he didn't do, but it's happened before and she really doesn't want it to happen again.

Everyone was too caught up in their thoughts while Sebastian led to an abandoned park which was slightly hidden, surrounded by trees. There were a couple picnic tables to the side and a small playground next to it. Sebastian led them to the tables and sat down. They quickly joined him.

Sebastian took a deep breath and started to talk.

"I'm going to tell you something that not many people know. Please don't ask any questions until the end. When I'm finished, you can make up your opinion of me."

And he told them. He lowered his walls, his defences for so long and told them. He wasn't Sebastian Smythe in those moments. He wasn't the cocky, arrogant rich boy with an amazing talent for singing and dancing. He was Barry Allen. The boy who is a victim of severe bullying and is a nerd. The boy who loves science and will go on rambles and rants of things almost nobody will understand. He was Barry Allen, and he was going to tell his new friends/enemies about his past. The dark past he never wanted to go back to but knew he would have to face sometime. The peaceful bliss of a second life that he lived would end. He knew that and was going to face it.

Was he ready? No. Was he going to do it? Absolutely.

He told them about his mom and his dad. Nora and Henry Allen. He told them about how when he was 11, a few days after his birthday. He told them about the man in the yellow lightning and how he saw his mother stabbed and somehow ended up a couple miles from his house. He told them about how when he finally arrived back to his house after running, he saw his father being pushed into a police car and went into the house to see his mother dead. He told them about how Iris and her father, Joe, took him in. He told them about how his father had been accused of murdering his mother. He told them about the bullying, the taunts, the death threats and the treatment he received from others after the news got out. He told them about how he had a therapist who tried to talk to Joe about sending him to a mental institution because of how he tried to convince everyone it was the man in the lightning who killed his mother, not his father. He told them about the incident where he ended up in the hospital and how his uncle and Joe decided to send him to Dalton, which has a strict 'No Bullying' policy. He opened up the invisible jar where put all his feelings and secrets in, thinking he would never open it again. But here he is, spilling them to people who don't even like him.

By the end, some had tears in their eyes, some had their eyes wide and others were trying not to burst with anger. Some didn't like Sebastian and others were his best friends. But hearing this could even happen to someone? All that trauma and pain that he was forced to deal with by himself, in an unfamiliar environment made their hearts' break when they thought about it.

To some it made sense. Kurt, being bullied himself, although not as severely, finally pierced together some of the flags that had been waving ever since he met him. The flinching, some of the things he said, and the actual shock and regret in his eyes when he flung the slushie at Kurt. It changed his perspective of Sebastian.

The trio of Warblers also came to revelations. The way Sebastian would always change for gym, not letting anyone else see, his hesitation at others touching and hugging him. The way he was always tense with loud noises and how he kept a distance, both physically and socially from others when he first came to Dalton. It wasn't until he joined Lacrosse and the Warblers that he started opening up and starting conversations.

The ND's felt guilty. They saw how hard it was for Sebastian to admit this to them. It wasn't even their business. If they had not listened and didn't follow him and invade his privacy, he wouldn't be struggling to even get words out of his mouth.

While Barry was talking, Iris scooted closer and closer, until she was sitting right next to him, her arm around him, hugging him. As hard as it was for Barry to open up, it was also hard for Iris to listen. This was her best friend and she couldn't do anything to help him. She remembered him unconscious, lying on a hospital bed with bandages covering almost every part of his body. She remembered seeing the get well cards and gifts that some of the police from CCPD left for him, having grown attached to him after Joe brought him multiple times to the station. She remembered feeling powerless, unable to do anything. She could only wait for him to wake up.

As Sebastian finished telling his story, he slowly looked up, eyes full of fear and he was prepared. Prepared to have them laugh at him, call him crazy and leave him. Prepared for the disbelief and prepared to be hurt. No tears shone in his eyes but they were slightly misty. When the ND's realized that, their hearts broke a little more.

Sebastian was prepared for all that. As he looked up, not able to meet their eyes but looking in their general direction, he was surprised. Where was the laughing? The screaming? The taunting? He was sure that would be what happened. He heard none of that though. What was going on?

He was prepared for a lot of things. Rejection mostly but not for Nick to rush forward and engulf him in a hug. A strong one and he felt his shirt dampen slightly from the tears falling from his friend's face. What was going on? Sebastian was too confused and shocked to return the hug.

As the others saw, they quickly joined in the hug, though some preferred to stay back not sure how to react and unsure what to do.

As Sebastian felt more warm bodies joining the hug, he broke. He cried and cried and cried all the tears he could never shed because he couldn't. He cried in shock that these people wouldn't abandon him. That they believed him and would stay by his side. They accepted him and he cried for that. Some were tears of happiness, others of shock and some were fueled by pure sadness.

He couldn't make out everyone individually, things becoming blurry from the tears in his eyes and the different mops of hair that was in front of him, by his side and even the one standing to the side. He was sure that Iris was on his right since she had made her way there while he was explaining. Sebastian thinks that Nick is in front of him but he wasn't sure of where the others were.

Someone was whispering reassurances into his ear, words of encouragement and apologies. '

Why are they apologizing?' he thought. 'Shouldn't I have to apologize? I wasted their time and they're probably just doing this out of some sort of obligation'

He kept thinking thoughts like those until his muddled brain focused on the words being said into his ear.

"-mazing and thank you so much for telling us. You're so strong. It's not your fault. You're not crazy and you didn't deserve what they did to you. You still don't. You are-"

The words kept coming. In different tones, voices and pitches. They were being said by different people. People who had almost nothing in common, people who got along with everyone and people who hated others. These people, who he had done horrible horrible things to, were telling him that they forgive him and that he was strong and amazing and other words that came together.

Before he realized, words were flowing from his mouth, apologies for everything he's done, for the way he acted and 'Thank you's'.

The proud Sebastian Smythe, who had never let anyone see him cry and never apologised, had "I'm sorry's" being spoken and tear marks flowing down his face.

Sebastian thought he was weak. Everyone else thought he was one of the strongest people they knew. And they would keep telling him that until he got it through his thick, stubborn skull.

It was a while until they untangled themselves from the big hug, putting their hair back into place, wiping tears from their eyes and fixing some of the wrinkles in their clothes.

They stood a step away from Sebastian, close enough so that he could feel their support, but far enough that he had space to breathe. As he calmed down, he felt a huge weight lift itself from his shoulders and his chest felt a little looser.

He let out a small chuckle. He wasn't sure why, but he felt happy. Happier than he has felt in a long time. He watched as the group came and stood in front of him. Santana spoke first.

"We want to apologize Meerkat. We feel bad that we followed you and made you tell us about something that means a lot to you."

"Sorry" could be heard from their mouths, not meeting his eyes, probably from guilt or shame.

"It's fine. I'm not really surprised" replied Sebastin

Ouch. That stung

"Well, I for one, want to explore while I'm here and you guys seem fun. Why don't you come with us?" said Iris, daring them to say no. They wouldn't anyways.

"Sure sounds fun"

"Let's do it"

"We could go to the mall"

"There's a good ice cream place close to here"

Everyone started talking. Smiles on their face and excitement buzzing around. Everyone stood up and started walking.

Sebastian- no Barry, bounded after them with a smile on his face.

This is fine. Everything's going to be ok.

The End...

Extra scene

"Bye Iris!" shouted a small group of people, waving and hugging a girl with a suitcase by her side, as they stood in front of an airport. It was Sunday evening which means that Iris had to get on the plane to fly back to get to school the next day. She knew it would be a short trip but the time flew.

As she hugged Barry, she thought about the fun times that she had hanging out with the ND's, the Warblers and Barry. It was bittersweet, watching the scene in front of her. Nick and Jeff were dramatically crying, clinging on to each other as they shouted how much they'd miss her. Santana was keeping Kurt from running off to look at a clothing store in the airport that he saw. Blaine, Finn, Rachel, Brittany, Artie, Tina, Mercedes, Quinn and Thad were waving goodbye smiling.

And Barry, her Barry and best friend, was hugging her, not wanting to let go. She gave one more hug before making her way to the ND's to leave them with one last message.

As she drew them close, her face turned dark and scary.

"If you hurt Barry I will hunt you down and never let you see the light of day ever again"

Now usually, threats weren't always scary, especially since she was a little shorter than them. But the look on her face convinced them that she was serious.

As soon as she finished, a big smile was back on her face as she spun around, giving Sebastian a quick kiss on the cheek and walked into the airport.

That woman is scary

Time skip brought to you by the "Loki deserves better" petition

It's been a couple weeks since Iris left Ohio and she was relaxing on her bed, scrolling through her phone.

She was slightly startled when her phone started to vibrate, an invitation to a facetime call flashing on her screen. She grinned and accepted when she saw it was from Barry.

As soon as it connected, she saw multiple faces on the screen. There were some of the ND's and some warblers that she hadn't met but was told about. In the center of the group, was Barry, his face shining with a big smile.

"HEY THERE IRIS"

AND THAT'S A WRAP! Thank you so much for staying with me till the end of this story!

I'm thinking about doing a Q&A if I get 10 or more questions. You can ask them on the comments :) I have gotten so much support on this story and am so thankful!

Check out my other story called Lost In Confusion! Love you all! MWAH!

Hit that vote button
Comment your awesome comments
And follow your wonderful author!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 475 9
To everyone around her, Stiles Stilinski was just an average HUMAN teenage girl. Okay, she might be way more sarcastic than the average person, and...
73.5K 2.8K 34
After Siberia, little by little Tony Stark disappeared. A year after, the Rogues are welcomed back in the compound. But a world without Tony Stark mi...
2.9K 119 5
A forgotten prince, abandoned in the remains of the Amethyst Palace, very few know of his existence. Ps. This is NOT Athanasia friendly or Claude fri...
68.1K 1.8K 41
AU: James survived and Harry Potter still became the Boy Who Lived through Lily's sacrifice. James Potter, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin (The Marauder...