Free Minds Chained Hearts | ✔

Από illianaklyne

Loving yourself is hard. Trying to find love in a family who objectified you? Seems like work. But try findin... Περισσότερα

W E L C O M E
P A R T 1
P R O L O G U E
Part 1 | Chapter 1
Part 1 | Chapter 2
Part 1 | Chapter 3
Part 1 | Chapter 4
Part 1 | Chapter 5
Part 1 | Chapter 6
Part 1 | Chapter 7
Part 1 | Chapter 8
Part 1 | Chapter 9
Part 1 | Chapter 10
Part 1 | Chapter 12
Part 1 | Chapter 13
Part 1 | Chapter 14
Part 1 | Chapter 15
Part 1 | Chapter 16
Part 1 | Chapter 17
Part 1 | Chapter 18
Part 1 | Chapter 19
Part 1 | Chapter 20
P A R T 2
Part 2 | Chapter 1
Part 2 | Chapter 2
Part 2 | Chapter 3
Part 2 | Chapter 4
Part 2 | Chapter 5
Part 2 | Chapter 6
Part 2 | Chapter 7
Part 2 | Chapter 8
Part 2 | Chapter 9
Part 2 | Chapter 10
Part 2 | Chapter 11
Part 2 | Chapter 12
Part 2 | Chapter 13
Part 2 | Chapter 14
Part 2 | Chapter 15
P A R T 3
Part 3 | Chapter 1
Part 3 | Chapter 2
Part 3 | Chapter 3
Part 3 | Chapter 4
Part 3 | Chapter 5
Part 3 | Chapter 6
Part 3 | Chapter 7
Part 3 | Chapter 8
Part 3 | Chapter 9
E P I L O G U E

Part 1 | Chapter 11

2.5K 99 44
Από illianaklyne

I feel numb. To say I'm stunned is an understatement. Just watching him converse with Jackson while Jocelyn seemed to not be able to get her hands off of him makes me sick; not just because of the sight, but because of the thought.

I truly believed that I could escape him for a day, just once. But, apparently once someone steps into your life, they are always around.

"If I run away from girls then I guess you're my soulmate, " I hear Cade remark. I turn to him wide-eyed.

"Excuse me?" I said and he runs his hand through his messy hair with a chuckle.

"It means, you run away from guys. Matteo specifically." He clarified and I playfully push his chest. He fakes a hurt reaction and I hugged my binder.

"I don't run away from guys, " I argued.

I don't. Guys aren't monsters to hide away from - not most of them anyway. Besides, why would I be the one running away from boys when I'm the one searching for my knight and shining armor?

"Well, this shouldn't be a problem then, " I hear him say with a mischievous grin.

Before I could respond, he grabs my shoulders then pushes me into the room. My feet trying their hardest to halt the action but the concrete floors were not my friend.

"That's for teasing me about a girl, " he said through the glass door. "Oh and I'll wait for you by the entrance. Don't care how long, I just want to know how this shit goes!" He yelled as I watched him walk away in such a victorious stride.

My cheeks warmed up at the quick succession of things. All I know is I was stood beyond that glass door with Cade then suddenly, I'm in here without my consent.

How dare he?!?

"Oh, hey Evie! We've been waiting for you." I hear Jackson's sonorous voice reverberate from behind me and I shut my eyes in disappointment.

Great. Guess I'll have to deal with Cade later.

I take a deep breath to try and prepare myself for whatever it is that's about to transpire before breathing out.

I turn and there exactly, I find a joyous Jackson, a scowling Jocelyn, and a blank-faced Matteo. All their eyes are on me of course and I feel like a kid that's just been caught in a crime.
My head goes void of any happy emotion or excitement. Now it's just filled with all the interaction he and I had and even if it's not so much, it still made such an impact to me.

"Jackson, " I greeted, faking a smile as I walked towards them. I'm trying my hardest not to show any sign of fear and intimidation but it's kinda hard when he's right there.

"Well, well, so the girl who doesn't party and date does music. Not a surprise." I hear the adenoidal voice of Jocelyn and I look at her; we faked a smile to each other and she rolls her eyes.

You know I'm actually willing to give people a chance but the way she acts to make it seem like she doesn't care at all. She probably doesn't.

I mean if strutting into this place with a crop top that practically shows her whole anatomy and a pair of shorts that barely covers a thing doesn't show her carelessness; then I don't know what does.

"You guys know each other?" Jackson asked pointing a finger towards us and my eyes mistakenly found Matteo's. By instinct, I looked down to my feet like a kid being scolded and I mentally slam myself.

Perhaps if I wasn't too intimidated by his presence then I can actually have a proper introduction? It's just that ever since he told me all those things yesterday, I find him much of danger not just to myself but to society.

With his knowing smirk and green-deep set eyes that looked like that of a scheming demon, he sure is a recipe for disaster. Oh and let's not forget the myriad of tattoos and piercings.

"We only met once...it was quite the impression, " Jocelyn chuckled and that's when I knew I had enough.

Not wanting to have a confrontation, I made my way to the stage where the whole band is setting up and I decide to join them. Maybe Matteo and his girlfriend wouldn't bother me here.

The eyes of my bandmates moved from the trio to me like observant hawks, waiting for the drama to unfold. I cleared my throat to catch their attention and to my relief, they followed and only retired to their chairs in a series if gossiping mutters.

"Actually, " I hear Jackson say as I settled my bag down, "I think I should tell you, remember the gig we have tomorrow night?" He asked, walking towards me with the other two following behind and I feel my heart race in frustration.

"Yeah," I answered plainly.

"These two are actually paying, along with Andrew; the frat guy." He explained and my eyes widened.

Ok, so will I hear about aliens landing on earth anytime soon? What is this? The series of unfortunate events?

I shift my gaze towards the two very amused couple at the back and this time I took a good glance towards Matteo.

He wore a green bomber jacket with a white shirt underneath, a pair of blue jeans, and a hand stuffed into his pockets. He stood comfortably with himself standing tall and running his fingers through his light hair as a smirk appeared on his lips. He knows exactly what he is doing though, I do wonder if he knew I was in the band before they booked us. God, this guy is seriously gonna be the death of me- and not in a Romeo and Juliet way!

"Seriously?" I said, hiding it in a laugh, and Jackson curls his crusted lips.

"Yeah, all night at their party." He said. "It's good money."

"Jack, are you sure your band can actually do something?" Matteo interjected and my jaw drops; feeling rather offended.

"Come on, Matteo. These guys are the best on the campus. I told you a week ago when you booked." Jackson defended sounding almost pitiful and Jocelyn flips her hair like a barbie doll.

"Well, they sure do have some very innocent people, " she said, eyeing me and I had to immediately fight the urge to come down and preach justice for myself. Though I know better than this unclassy brat.

"Look, trust me, both of you, my band; especially Evie can do justice. She's the best part of this."

"Of course she is. A perfectly good girl is always the best part." Matteo's Italian accent was more prominent in his words and I shiver. His words are always a nuclear bomb. Hurt is his mission and he is accomplishing it so far.

I opened my mouth to try and say something to defend myself but decided against it when I saw him and Jocelyn eyeing each other like two scheming monsters. Instead, I stood my ground; despite the ever-growing lump in my throat, and crossed my arms. The last bit of confidence in me has been sucked up and it's all because of one person.

"So are we still a go?" Jackson asked, clearly not reading the room.

"Yeah, long as they do their jobs, " Matteo responded and that's when I turned around to look away and distract myself with the guitar laying before me.

I hear them exchange confirmations and their goodbyes and a small part of me felt relieved that they will be gone. I don't think I can stand their judgments any longer.

Hoping that they had gone, I turned around and was stunned to find Matteo stood just a foot before me. I stumbled a little like I usually do and looked around to try and find a way out but Jackson was busy talking with Jocelyn and the band couldn't care less. I was stuck under his gaze.

There's a look in his eyes that I couldn't quite read as his whole face was blank but his eyes told something else. He clenched his jaw, looked around as my breathing stopped.

When he looked at me again, a smirk took over his lips before taking out something from his pockets.

To my surprise, he leans into my ear, hovering as his breath kissed my cheek and I feel something get placed inside my left jean pocket.

"Looks like you and I are attached." He whispered and I felt every letter as he spoke. His breath seeming like a curse. I feel all the blood in my body filter out. I felt cold like a ghost had just been around me and I felt weak. I was scared.

He pulls away with a smirk before turning around in large strides and towards Jocelyn whom he wrapped his arm around as they walked away.

I gulped at the strange interaction we had as I tried to find my senses again.

Now, all I could do is try not to cry. I know I could've done something but I was just too scared. He made me that way. Knowing that I shouldn't be scared but still is, is probably a stupid thing but I can't help it.

I can't believe how much of a jerk he is! I'm trying my best to see the good in him but all I can see is hatred. What have I ever done to him? We met once and yes it wasn't very pleasant but he could've at least been a little nicer. He treats me like a rival from his childhood and I've been nothing but forgiving to him. Is this what people are like now?

Remembering that he did place something in my pocket, I fumbled to fish it out, sniffling as I try to prevent tears.

And there, I read a note, handwritten that leaves me confused more than when this whole fiasco began:

Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains" - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

82.6K 1.1K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
112K 2.8K 41
Do you ever wonder what life would be like if it were a movie? Or some sappy romance novel that you wish your life could be like but it's not? Someti...
2.3K 359 21
"The roses are dead, The violets are too, Don't mention romance, You'll make me spew." Francesca Burton knows all there is to know about love and rom...
The Mafia's Son Από ehrikuhhh

Εφηβική Φαντασία

4.9M 109K 65
Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall way that day. I didn't know anything abou...