The Clashing of Two Worlds

By YeeJuiceMan

Soon after the fall of the Re-Estize kingdom, three lizardmen in the Great Lake discovered something never be... More

Prologue
A Mysterious Anomaly
What Lies Beyond
Post-Festival Discovery
Lurking in the Trees
Interrogation
Welcome to Tempest
Fishy Disappearance
Eye-Openers and Espionage
Preparation
The Leader Wants to Witness
Interrupted Schemes
Demon Lord, Goblins, and Two Heavenly Kings
The Clashing of Tanks
Blood and Darkness
The Eavesdropper
Conflict Termination
The "Trek" Home
Demiurge's Duty I
Demiurge's Duty II
The "Hero's" Short Journey I
The "Hero's" Short Journey II
An Eyeful to Watch
Inspection
Epilogue
Hiatus notice

First Unfriendly Encounter

7.1K 215 54
By YeeJuiceMan

Demiurge grinned upon hearing the report.

In accordance with Ainz's will, he was ordered to spy on the two and see what they would encounter as a sub-punishment.

Since it was a "spying" mission, he thought it would be too troublesome if he went across the portal in person. Plus, he didn't prepare the necessary items to explore such unknown lands.

So he decided it was best to send a group of individuals who specialize in spying, and have them report back to him if they spotted something.

He chose the level 80 monster known as "Hanzos"; a humanoid ninja-like monster that excels in hiding itself.

Ainz-sama usually uses them for espionage—it wouldn't hurt if I used them, too?"

At first, he thought using them would be a disgrace to the one he swore loyalty to, since they were usually Ainz's bodyguards.

However, his motives thought otherwise.

***

"So, Demiurge, you wish to use my hanzos to spy on the two?"

Demiurge bowed deeply. "I apologize for my selfishness for doing such an important mission."

Ainz raised his hand. "No, no. It is ok. You may take them. Just don't do anything too over the top. After all, I expected you to use them in the first place."

Demiurge bowed deeply once more. "I thank you, Ainz-sama, for your mercifulness.

Ainz put up a face of doubt mentally.

Seriously though, what's so merciful about that?

Demiurge left the room with a face of satisfaction, leaving Ainz bewildered.

***

After receiving the hanzos, Demiurge began to give them orders.

"So you all know what you need to do, I assume?"

One of the hanzos replied in a steadfast manner. "Yes, Demiurge-sama. We are to spy Albedo-sama and Shalltear-sama on their progress on the other side of the portal."

Demiurge smirked. "Good. Report back to me if anything suspicious pops up. Remember that this is for the sake of his majesty Ainz-sama!"

"Yes, Demiurge-sama!"

The group of hanzos concealed themselves into the shadows and dashed their way to the portal.

Demiurge gazed at the portal with curiosity.

***

Albedo and Shalltear, along with their respective escorts, trekked through the forest, following the path the lizardmen previously have taken.

The two were seemingly arrogant compared to when they entered. It looked as if they were itching for a fight. Nonetheless, they were vigilant.

They also earlier discovered a large road, indicating that the civilization or nation they're going to meet soon should be pretty advanced. For some reason, they decided to stay in the vegetation.

However, Albedo was getting annoyed by the vegetation. Shalltear followed suit.

"These trees are really annoying ~arinsu. Why can't we just walk by road?" Shalltear exclaimed in a kinky fashion.

Albedo sighed. "As much as I really want to, I think, it's smarter to stay in the shadows, no?"

Shalltear smirked upon hearing the remark. "No worries ~ arinsu. After all, the World items Ainz-sama the 41 Supreme Beings borrowed to us should be able to protect us from such dangers ~ arinsu."

Shalltear equipped a World Item that was said to remove Mind Control effects. After her last incident, Ainz gave her this item in fear that the same would happen again.

Albedo peered at a black wand-like object with a floating black sphere. It was the World Item named "Ginnungagap" given to her (without permission) by Tabula-sama. It was said to be capable of destroying a large area. She would only use it in case things got too out of hand.

Shalltear's World Item was giving off a weird aura, but the two barely heeded it.

As they continued trekking through the forest, the two nodded towards each other. They switched direction and headed straight to the road. They both soon felt something blocking their path.

Albedo touched it with her hand. It seemed to be a wall.

"Hoo, a barrier?"

She went back to the bag, taking out the halberd. She swung her halberd towards the invisible barrier. The barrier gave a sound resembling a crack.

"Seems like brute force wouldn't do."

Shalltear touched the barrier with the palm of her hand. A large amount of magic was released as Shalltear seemed to struggle to break the barrier

Alas, a hole was erected.

"Seems like magic works better, albeit it was pretty difficult."

They walked into the road, not knowing the consequences of their actions.

***

Rigur dashed through the road to Blumund with five other goblinas and hobgoblins on their direwolves.

As they were patrolling the area, one of the patrols used <<Telepathy>> to inform them that a part of the barrier has broken.

Rimuru-sama said that these roads are meant to fend off high-level monsters. This means that something stronger than that has passed through.

The group slowed their pace as they approached the site. A fence was temporarily erected around the hole, with patrols standing all around it, preventing any trouble.

"Rigur-sama. You have arrived."

One of the patrols on the site greeted him.

"Yeah. You find anything weird here? Any creatures or monsters."

"Yes! Two female humanoids and a bunch of undead!"

Rigur rubbed his chin. "Undead!? Report this quickly! Everyone else, follow me!."

"Yes, Rigur-sama!" The patrol ran off to tell his colleagues.

***

The duo and their escorts walked on the road without a care. Everyone who was around them quickly fled, knowing they were the ones that broke through the road's monster barrier.

"Avoiding us, huh?"

Shalltear chuckled.

"Lower life forms will always be lower life forms."

Albedo looked down at the stretch of road. She hammered it a bit with her halberd.

"This road looks pretty sturdy, no? Wonder how much it can withstand."

As they continued trekking, they saw a group of goblin-like creatures wearing formal clothing riding what seemed to be oversized, gray-furred wolves, approaching them quickly

"It seems we have found some of the beings guarding this nation. Shall we take action ~ arinsu?"

Albedo hesitated for a moment. "Check their magical power first."

Shalltear incanted a spell. "<<Mana Essence>>".

She looked at the goblin-like beings and chuckled.

"It seems they aren't too strong ~ arinsu"

"I see."

Albedo grinned devilishly.

***

After he gave the order to the patrols in the area, Rigur was equally doing his part.

I need to find these monsters quick.

He was the Head of Security, after all. Any dangers that pop up as threats to travelers on the road and the Federation's citizens are to be subjugated by his division. In short, he was the first-response team.

They soon were in visual range of the group of undead.

Before them stood two women, one with white horns, black, long hair complimented by white skin, along with yellow pupils. She was wearing a formal gray dress that accentuated her voluptuous figure. The other wearing a frilly black-and-red dress, red pupils, white eyes and white hair. She was holding an umbrella and had a sharp tooth sticking out.

Rigur signaled the group to stop. He soon dismounted from his direwolf.

Monsters? These look more like monsters among monsters! And to think they came from the forest and broke the barrier with ease!

Rigur gulped hard.

"I am Rigur, the Head of Security of the Tempest Federation. It seems that you people have broken the monster barrier."

The woman in gray seemingly put up a facade. The black-dressed girl spoke.

"You mean that disappointing magic wall? I'm sorry to hear that ~ arinsu."

Rigur unsheathed his weapon.

"In accordance with the law, I am to take you into custody for breaking public property!"

The woman in gray sighed.

She pulled out her oversized halberd from the bag.

"Listen. We are here as representatives of the Sorcerer Kingdom, and we demand an audience with the leader of this nation. A group of our nation's people have been kidnapped here, and we wish to take them back 'without harm'."

Nation's people? Does she mean those lizardmen Souei-sama captured earlier?

I can't tell if they're lying or telling the truth.

Rigur held his weapon firmly.

"If you don't comply with the law, we are forced to fight you."

Albedo snickered. "Whatever you SAY!!"

With both the snap of their fingers, the two transformed into their battle armor.

Shalltear's World Item was shining brightly.

Rigur turned back.

"Goblin Riders, arrest them!"

The riders charged towards the two figures.

"Wha-"

Albedo proceeded to swing her halberd into the ground with great force.

The 6 jumped away from the crack. A large crevice was formed. People and monsters alike that were around quickly fled the scene, running and screaming with all their might.

Rigur opened up <<Telepathy>>.

<Backup! We need backup!>

<Roger, Rigur-sama. We will send backup soon.>

He looked at the two figures.

"U-um..."

The two turned their heads.

"Ah, we haven't introduced ourselves, have we? My name is Albedo, and I am the captain of the Floor Guardians of the Great Tomb of Nazarick."

The red-armored figure butted into the introduction. "And my name is Shalltear Bloodfallen. Floor Guardian of the first, second, and third floors of the Great Tomb of Nazarick."

"Nazarick?"

Rigur couldn't wrap around his head on what was going on. He immediately began to regain his composure.

The figure named Albedo chuckled.

"And, for your inability to allow us to have an audience with your leader even when we asked politely, we are to put you down."

Shalltear and Albedo assumed an attack stance.

"Goblin Riders! Formation!"

Rigur and his party did the same.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 874 13
Hello Readers, Welcome To, The world of Chaos and beauty Re:Zero x Rimuru Thank you for joing I hope you'll enjoy the story..To all the awesome peopl...
27.8K 744 12
When YGGDRASIL closed is servers, the famous guild of Ainz Ooal Gown is sent to another world (as the original story suggested). Little did they know...
6.3K 138 15
Come and read Y/N's adventure being isekai'd into an isekai. As the main trope of defeating the demon lord is completely reversed as they're basicall...
197K 7.2K 40
(spoiler warnings for vol 12 of the lightnovel for Tensei slime) Danmachi x TSSDK A country loses its king, and another gains a final boss. Having...