Hatake Kakashi X OC

By SakuraAce13

Story of Sarutobi Michiko (OC) and the love of her life Hatake Kakashi... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Side Story 1
Chapter 24
Side Story 2
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Side Story 3 (Part 1)
Side Story 3 (Part 2)
Chapter 27
Side Story 4 (Part 1)
Side Story 4 (Part 2)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Side Story 5 (Part 1)
Side Story 5 (Part 2)
Side Story 5 (Part 3)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Side Story 6 (Part 1)
Side Story 6 (Part 2)
Side Story 6 (Part 3)
Side Story 6 (Part 4)
Side Story 6 (Special)
Christmas Special
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
o(*////▽////*)q
Side Story 7
Chapter 48
Chapter 49

Chapter 50 (Final)

3.6K 59 23
By SakuraAce13

Kakashi was discharged and he was currently in the Hokage Office, reporting on his previous mission with Michiko.

"So you met Kabuto on the mission and he blew up the entire underground lab while engaging the two of you?" Tsunade asked.

"Yes. He had an accomplice, but the two got away before we could find out who it is." Kakashi answered.

"And we did not see Orochimaru anywhere, so we are not sure if he is directly involved in this incident. There is also the possibility of Kabuto working behind his back." Michiko added.

"I got our specialists to analyse the data you have found. There is not much information available either. Kabuto must have erased all the important data. And now that the lab is gone, chances are most if not all physical evidence is gone. But I will send another team to look around just in case there is anything left behind."

"Hai. By the way, is there any news from the village after the incident?" Michiko asked.

"Oh yes. According to the Sonchou, the man named Kapu went missing after the incident. They believed he was working for the person who orchestrated this."

"Well, then he might be the one who attacked us and aided Kabuto's escape. If he is a shinobi, I would say he did well in concealing himself." Kakashi shrugged.

"Mah, these are just our conjectures. Without concrete evidence, there is nothing much we can do. Anyway, both of you did a good job for this mission."

"Hai!"

"Sad to say I can't afford to give you two a break just yet. Regarding your next mission..." Tsunade continued briefing them on their next mission.

For the next few days, Kakashi and Michiko were busy with different missions. Kakashi completed his mission half a day earlier than Michiko. After reporting to Tsunade, she got him to go to the rooftop, saying someone was waiting for him over there.

"Yo, looks like things have been pretty hectic for you."

"Jiraiya-sama... Well, yeah. You know Konoha's situation right now, so..."

"Mah mah, it has been quite chaotic. Anyway, remember what I told you at the hospital?"

"Yes, you said you will let me know when the time is near."

"Right. Naruto will officially be my disciple and I will be training him for the next two years. To make sure he is prepared for what will be coming for him."

"... I see. When will you be departing?"

"Tomorrow."

"Seems like he is going to get stronger again," Kakashi smiled.

"By the way..."

"Hai?"

"How are things going for you and Michiko?"

"Well... things are good for now. But I want to make sure she doesn't overthink things again. I am planning to propose to her but... I am still considering how I should go about doing it."

"Hoho, you're finally acting on it? Well done, kid." Jiraiya grinned as he smacked Kakashi's back.

"I can't let that slip since I heard it..." Tsunade laughed as she walked towards the two of them, with Shimizu walking behind her.

"Tsunade-sama..."

"Oh, Tsunade. Sounds like you have got a plan."

"Well I am lucky to stumble upon something good while taking a break from work," Tsunade stretched. "I do have an idea, but it depends on whether Kakashi is in for it," she smirked.

"I am listening," said Kakashi. Tsunade briefly described her idea to them.

Kakashi paused for a moment to think. "It's not a bad idea, except for the last part. I want to do it in a place with just the two of us, not in the middle of the village where everyone else is watching."

"Considering how low profile you have been, yeah you can do that somewhere else. So, the festival is on, I assume. If yes, I will have Shimizu inform the villagers and they can start preparing."

"Thank you, Tsunade-sama. I appreciate it." Kakashi bowed. "Then, I shall go and shop for a ring now." Kakashi bowed again before leaving.

"Good luck, Kakashi." Jiraiya waved.

"Ah ah, nice to be young huh." Tsunade smiled.

"Finally admitting that you are no longer young I see." Jiraiya teased.

"If you still wish to breathe, you better stop there." Tsunade looked at Jiraiya with a creepy smile.

"Hai hai." He raised both hands, pretending to be surrendering. "Geez, are all Konoha women this intimidating?"

"You said something?"

"Just talking to myself."

Tsunade sighed. She turned to Shimizu, "Shimizu, informed the villagers to prepare a festival tomorrow. It might be a little rush, but I think it will be fine. Anyway, this might be a good chance for them to relax and enjoy after that nightmare."

"Hai!" With that, Shimizu left.

The villagers have begun preparations for the festival almost immediately after the message has been relayed, and most of the fellow Shinobis knew about the proposal plan.

When Michiko came back from her mission, she was welcomed by Izumo and Kotetsu who were acting weird. They have been smiling at her in a freaky way.

"Alright, why are you guys smiling like some creepy dudes?" Michiko asked as she maintained a certain distance away from them.

"It's nothing. Welcome back! You're going to report to Tsunade-sama right?" Kotetsu grinned.

"Erm, yes I am."

"Well, you should look forward to—" Kotetsu elbowed Izumo before he revealed any sensitive information. Izumo groaned at the pain.

"What is that?" Michiko was puzzled.

"He was saying you should go and report to Tsunade-sama first."

"Yeah, right. Okay, see you guys around." Michiko walked away, eyeing them with suspicion but chose to shrug it off.

As Michiko walked towards the Hokage Office Building, she realised the villagers were all preparing for a festival.

Wow, are we celebrating something? She pondered. She wanted to ask them, but they looked busy and it does not seem like a good time to do so. Michiko kept the questions to herself and continued her way until she saw Genma in the dango shop.

"Hey, Genma! It's been awhile." Michiko waved and walked towards him.

"Michiko... Just came back from a mission?"Genma seemed a little surprised to see Michiko.

"Yeah, how about you?" Michiko took a seat opposite him.

"I just got back yesterday. Will be setting off again the day after tomorrow though," he smiled wryly.

"I have a feeling I am gonna get another mission too," Michiko laughed. "Oh yeah, are we celebrating something? Why are the villagers preparing for a festival?"

Genma turned behind to look outside. He paused before replying, "When I came back yesterday, they were already preparing. I am not sure why or for what purpose either." Genma shrugged.

"Okay, maybe I will find out from Tsunade-sama. Speaking of her, I should go and report to her now. I'll catch you around," Michiko stood up and waved, before heading out.

Genma heaved a sigh of relief as he continued drinking his tea.

Michiko was surprised to see her brother at the Hokage Office and she couldn't help but smile. They went home together after finishing reporting to Tsunade. It has been a while since they walked home together. Michiko suddenly remembered that she forgot to ask Tsunade about the festival, but well, her brother is more important.

The next day, most Shinobis have the day off and they were all looking forward to the festival. Kakashi found a ring that he was satisfied with after walking around the village for hours. He put the ring safely on top of his yukata before closing his wardrobe.

His next mission would be to ask Michiko to go to the festival with him. With that goal in mind, he went to Michiko's house.

"Michiko oba― nee-san just stepped out a moment ago. She mentioned something about doing light training. I am not sure where she went though. Hmm..." Konohamaru started thinking about the possible places that Michiko would go when Kakashi just patted his head and smiled.

"I think I have an idea where she is. Thanks, Konohamaru."

"O-Oh, you're welcome!"

Kakashi head towards the place where they used to train together. When he reached, Kakashi saw Michiko sitting by the river and staring into black space. Some of the trees nearby were visibly burnt.

What is she thinking...? Kakashi wondered as he moved closer.

"If I am the enemy, you are probably dead by now."

Kakashi's voice pulled Michiko back to reality. She turned around and smiled, "Déjà vu huh..."

"You were in deep thoughts the other time too. So... What were you thinking about?" Kakashi joined and sat beside her.

"Well... kinda doing some reflection about the things that happened recently."

"You mean..." Kakashi looked at Michiko and she nodded.

"I was just thinking about how I tend to overthink things and denying myself in some ways. And also, about what I want to do from now."

He listened to her intently, waiting for her to continue.

"Heh, you must be thinking about how silly I am. Well, I am still figuring things out so..."

"It's good to think about the future. And I don't think you're silly." He smiled, which made her feel a bit better.

"Anyway, are you looking for me?"

"Oh yeah. About that..."

"Hmm?"

"W-Would you like to go to the festival tonight?" He stuttered a little and Michiko chuckled.

"Sure, why not? Although I have to say I am surprised to see the villagers preparing for a festival when I came back from the mission. Do you know what we are celebrating?"

"M-Mah... I heard Tsunade-sama talking about giving our people a reason to relax after what happened."

"A festival does bring a smile to their faces. Hey, wanna do some training before we go to the festival? It's been quite some time since we last sparred." Michiko grinned.

"Are you sure you can handle the disappointment?" Kakashi smirked.

"That's my line!"

〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜〜

The sparring session ended with a tie and they went back to get ready for the festival.

Kakashi was in his room preparing for the big night, making sure he tied his obi properly and has everything he needs when someone appeared by his balcony.

"I see you're getting ready."

Kakashi turned around to see Jiraiya standing there.

"Jiraiya-sama..."

"Feeling nervous?"

"Y-Yeah, kinda. I have never really been nervous about anything. Well, except for the other time when I was preparing to confess to her and ask her to be mine."

"Hahaha! It's good to be young!" Jiraiya grinned and slapped Kakashi's back. "Mah, it's not exactly possible for you to calm down in this situation, I guess. Just embrace the moment."

"Hai. By the way, Jiraiya-sama."

Jiraiya turned to Kakashi.

"You will be leaving with Naruto tomorrow?"

"Yeah. I was planning to leave today, but since it's your big night tonight, we can wait one more day." He smiled.

"Thank you."

"Well, see ya later! Good luck, kid." Jiraiya patted Kakashi's shoulder and went off.

Making sure he had the ring tucked away in his obi, Kakashi left his house to get Michiko.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Michiko, are you ready?" Kakashi knocked on her door after Konohamaru let him in.

"Y-Yeah. It's been so long since I wore a yukata, so I am not too use to it." Michiko smiled wryly as she came out of the room. She froze the moment she saw Kakashi in yukata.

He... he looks really good in yukata.

Kakashi did the same when he saw Michiko.

"Kakashi?" Michiko called out when he did not respond. She walked towards him and peeked into his face. "Are you not feeling well?" Michiko tilted her head and put her hand on his forehead.

"I-I am fine!" Kakashi blushed as he reached for her hand. "Let's go, shall we?"

"Alright."

They held hands and walked towards the main street.

"Wow, there are so many stalls! And look, they seem to be enjoying themselves too. I am glad..." Michiko looked around, feeling a little relieved.

"A lot has happened... but people still find a way to move on..."

"Well, enough of this depressing topic! Is there any stall you wanna go first?"

"Not really. What about you?"

Michiko glanced around and one of the stalls caught her attention.

"Takoyaki is a must when we talk about the festival. Let's go get some!" Michiko gleamed as she tugged on Kakashi's sleeves. Kakashi smiled at her action as he followed her to the stall. They bought some Takoyaki and moved on to the next stall.

"Hey, the candy apple looks good. Oh, so is that grilled squid! Ahhh, but we probably shouldn't get too much food. Hmmm..." Michiko was pondering over what to buy next, but Kakashi was focusing his gaze on her and her only.

"Ne, Kakashi. Which one should we... get? What's wrong?" Michiko turned to Kakashi to find him staring at her.

"Just thinking how adorable you are," Kakashi grinned as he leaves a kiss on her forehead. Michiko's face turned red as she touched her forehead. Even after so many years, an act like this still gives her butterflies.

"H-Hey! You do remember we are in the public right now? And I thought you aren't a fan of PDA!"

"It's your fault for being too cute." Kakashi chuckled as he leaned in.

"I am gonna go get that candy apple," Michiko turned around and walked towards the stall before Kakashi make any surprise attacks again. Perhaps not being used to wearing geta in addition to the surprise kiss from Kakashi, Michiko tripped and lost her balance. Kakashi managed to catch her in time.

"Geez... You gotta be more careful. Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I'm good. Thank you,' She smiled as she felt warm with his concern. Michiko was still in Kakashi's arms when Naruto came over, looking all excited.

"Ne ne Kakashi, have you finally-- OUCH! Why did you hit me Sakura-chan?"

"Can't you see they are on a date? Stop being a third wheel! Sorry Kakashi-sensei, Michiko-san. Ignore this idiot and continue with your date," Sakura smiled wryly as she pulled Naruto away.

---------------

"Baka Naruto! You almost gave away the surprise!"

"Huh? How did you know if Kakashi-sensei proposed or not?"

"Well, there isn't any ring on Michiko-san's finger yet, so I think Kakashi-sensei hasn't ask..."

"I see! Sakura-chan you're so smart!"

"Sigh... Anyway, luckily, I was nearby when you almost ruin everything."

"Ehehe..."

---------------

After browsing the stalls here and there, Michiko stopped in front of a shooting game stall.

"Ne, Kakashi... Let's play this, shall we?

"Heh... Shooting game... Sure, why not?"

"Alright, how about this... Loser has to do whatever the winner asked for a day."

"You're on," Kakashi smirked. "Let's--"

"Kakashi!!! Let's have a duel!"

They froze at the voice for a moment, and they let out a laugh at the same time.

"I supposed it is about time Guy shows up," Michiko shrugged.

"Yeah, I had a feeling this would happen too."

"What? What's going on with you two?" Guy looked puzzled as Kakashi and Michiko smiled. "Anyway Kakashi, let's have a—"

"Sorry, Guy. Another day? It's not a really good time now."

"You always say that! Can't you just—"

"Hey Guy! We have something to discuss with you. Could you come over a minute?" Asuma appeared out of nowhere with Kurenai.

"But I was..."

"It is rather urgent," Kurenai added. They managed to pull Guy away before he interrupts any further. Kakashi nodded at the two and they mouthed "good luck" to him before walking away.

"Well... Shall we resume our game?"

"Sure!"

Their match ended up with a draw, again. They then decided to move on to other stalls before going to their favorite hideout – the cliff.

"It feels like we haven't been here since forever. This view never ceased to amaze me." Michiko smiled as they settled down. "But I think we have company, don't we?" She whispered the last bit to Kakashi.

"Haha, yeah. We can't exactly chase them away..."

"That is true. I am just wondering why are they hiding? Hmm..."

Kakashi sighed inaudibly. They are being so obvious, and I did mention I want it to just be the two of us... Oh well...

"You know... I have been thinking a lot lately..."

"Hmm?"

"About the past... and future... Our future."

Michiko turned to face Kakashi as he took a deep breath.

"That last incident made me realized something important. We have had quarrels now and then, but I really wanna spend the rest of my life with you. You are a great partner who always fights alongside with me and is always there for me when I needed you. Back when we lost the people we hold dearly, you were there by my side until I get over the past, and you are still here with me. I can't see the rest of my life without you. I am incomplete without you." Kakashi smiled as he took out the box.

Michiko was so surprised that it left her speechless. She could not believe her eyes when Kakashi took out a box.

"I love you. Will you spend the rest of your life with me?" Kakashi opened the box and revealed a simple yet elegant and beautiful silver ring. "Will you marry me?"

Michiko was dumbfounded for a few seconds before she began to register all the information.

"Michiko?"

"Yes of course!" Michiko jumped on Kakashi and hugged him tightly. Kakashi smiled as he embraced her back. Those who were hiding used the party poppers and surrounded the two in no time. They were all cheering and congratulating them.

"Have you guys been waiting for this? Oh god..." Michiko felt embarrassed as she covered her face with one hand.

"Kakashi-sensei, you haven't put on the ring for Michiko-san!" Sakura pointed out.

"Do we... have to do that in front of you guys?" Michiko asked while Kakashi smiled wryly.

"OF COURSE!" Everyone grinned.

Resigning to fate, Michiko put out her hand. Kakashi took the ring and gently slipped it onto her finger. Everyone cheered and Kakashi left a kiss on her ring before pulling her into his arms again.

They began to congratulate them once more and after hanging around for a short while, most of them left for the festival.

"Our little princess has finally grown up I see." Jiraiya grinned as he tousled Michiko's hair.

"Jiraiya-sama..."

"Congratulations. I am really happy for the two of you, you know."

"Thank you," Michiko smiled.

"I am also here to tell you about my little trip with Naruto."

"Hmm?"

"I will be training Naruto for the next two years, officially as my disciple."

"I supposed considering what has happened, it is inevitable... When will you two be leaving?"

"Tomorrow," Jiraiya smiled.

"That... is fast."

"Well, yeah."

"Ero-senin, Michiko nee-chan! What are you guys talking about? You have this really serious expression right now." Naruto jumped in before Michiko could continue. Jiraiya and Michiko looked at one another before laughing out.

"Eh? Did I say something funny?

"Nope, you didn't." Michiko chuckled as she looked at Naruto. "I heard from Jiraiya-sama that you will be training under him."

"Yeah! And I am gonna get stronger this time!"

"I am sure you will. Good luck with your training alright."

"Yeah!"

~~~~~~~~~~

"What's wrong? Wearing such a serious expression..." Kakashi asked as he slipped his arms around Michiko's waist and hugged her from behind. She was standing at his balcony, looking out at the village.

Michiko smiled and put her hands on his while leaning onto him. "Well, I was just thinking if only we can always have peaceful moments like this."

"This is why we always work so hard... to protect moments like this."

"Hmm." Michiko hummed as she gently stroked the ring on Kakashi's finger. "Hey Kakashi..."

"Yeah?"

"Let's have our wedding ceremony when things calm down?" Michiko turned around and beamed.

Kakashi was surprised for a moment before he pulled his mask down and leaned in for a kiss.

"Of course." He paused. "Oh, and let's have little Kakashi and Michiko too."

"W-What― Hmm!" Kakashi went for another kiss before Michiko could ask any further.

- The End -

------------------------------------------------------

A/N: First of all, I would like to apologise for the super later update! I had the draft on my laptop, but I am just not satisfied with whatever I wrote. I just hope that the last chapter doesn't disappoint for those who are reading it. I may or may not update side stories, as it all depends on whether I have something in mind or not... So we shall see about that. But I will probably not continue the story to Shippuden. I have multiple plots on my mind but none of them seems good enough (to me). 

Also, thank you for all the comments. Sometimes the notification doesn't work really well. I can see them on my feed but when I enter the app it's gone. Or maybe someone deleted them. I am unable to reply to all comments but do know that I am grateful for all the comments given. 

Lastly, a big thank you to those who have waited for the last chapter patiently, and a BIG BIG THANK YOU to all who have read this story. Hope you have enjoyed the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 220 21
This is a story about Yukina. About how an otaku like her got magically transported into the Naruto world. And about how she make bonds, found friend...
1.6M 51.3K 73
Asoka Rose is an isolated girl who lives her life in her fantasy. Her sanity had been lost long ago. And as she is transported into the Naruto World...
4.9K 207 43
A momentous encounter between two individuals. A dyad of souls bound to experience the highs and lows of love. A pair who drifted apart and eventuall...
2.7K 126 21
"I don't think I have any right to be happy in the first place. I simply don't deserve happiness... " That's what both of them thought in their minds...