Clato One shots

By _Nyx_xx

A collection of short, and long Clato oneshots More

What a coincidence
First kiss
I hate you, You know that right?
Everything
Candy hearts
Sunshine
Stay
The innocent ones
Authours note
Victory hurts
Merry Christmas!
"Yes"
Caught
Perfect
Blonde brat
Best friends
Caught (continued)
Sugar cubes are worse than beer
The game
Tiktok?
Never scare me
Authours note
Mission: Impossible with a blonde idiot
Pen Pals (pt.1)
The soldiers and the citizens (pt.1)
My feet hurt
The soldiers and the citizens (pt.2)
CATOOO
I kissed a bad boy
Car wash
The day I met him (pt.1)
The day I met him (pt.2)
Then I realized...
The day I met him (pt.3)
The day I met him (pt.4)
Babysitting is not easy. (pt.1)
Babysitting is not easy (pt.2)
Love of my life
When we were young
The day I met him (pt.5)
Maybe I Was Trying To Make You Jealous...
The third Hadley
It's a...complicated relationship
Training
Truth O'Dair (Never a good time)
Big spoon
Someone you loved
Definitely not a stalker
I'm fine!
The day I met him (pt.6)
New Girl
Maybe...
These demons
One shot turned into book
Redemption
F.R.I.E.N.D.S
I want to kiss you
Wisdom teeth
Thunderstorms
Singing in the shower
#clatonotglato // Banquet
New Book?|| important :)

My favourite memory

662 24 17
By _Nyx_xx

Catos PoV

One of my favourite memories was of the Christmas break we, (being Clove, Katniss, Peeta, Johanna, Annie and Finnick) decided to do something a little different.

A camping trip! Roughing it in the cold! All of us liked the idea, except for Annie, and Peeta, who only came because of their significant others nagging. 

It was the second last day of our trip, and we were all enjoying a cozy fire.....

"Pass the hotdogs will you?" Johanna asks. "I'm starving."

Clove reaches over and chucks the pack at Jo.

"Thanks."

I glance down at Clove and smile. The tip of her nose is bright pink, chocolate hair down, covering the majority of her face, along with a black toque. Her thousands of freckles stand out against her pale skin, making her even more beautiful.

"It's freezing," she whispers nuzzling her head deep into my chest.

I wrap an arm around her, hugging her close.

"It'll be better when we go to bed," I reassure her. "Lot's of blankets."

"And body heat. I suggest we sleep in a large doggy pile, me at the bottom tonight. That would keep us warm," Katniss says.

"No stupid. I'm not sharing a tent with that many people."

"Whatever."

Clove and I were lucky enough to share a tent with Annie and Finnick, while Katniss, Peeta, and Johanna slept in the other together. Johanna has been complaining about Peeta and Katniss both, who apparently talk in their sleep. Mostly about squirrels and bread.

"I'll be back. Gotta go to the bathroom," Finnick suddenly states, standing from his seat and trotting off into the forest.

"I'm getting some more cider. Want some?" I ask Clove.

She nods slightly.

I too get up, and walk over to our van, which has a kettle and mini fridge inside. Genius thought on behalf of Peeta.

Just as I'm about to walk back to Clove, Finnick comes out of the bushes.

"Hey. So...have you decided when you wanna do it?" he whispers.

I bite my lip and dig my hand into my front pocket, pulling out the small box.

"Can I see?" Finnick asks.

I flip open the case and show him the shiny diamond ring.

Finnick grins.

"She'll love it!"

"I hope," I mutter.

"What do you mean? Of course she'll love it! And she's obviously going to say yes!"

"The sad thing is...I don't even know if that's true. I mean, I know I love her, but does she love me the same way?"

"Yes," Finnick answers simply. "C'mon Cato! You and Clove have been together for three years, and never once been unfaithful or gotten in an argument that lasted more than a day! Have you seen the way she looks at you?"

I smirk slightly at the thought of Clove and I. The years we've spent together.

"You know what? You're right," I huff. "I'm going to go to the lake and watch the stars with her...then do it."

Finnick grins.

"Don't be too cheesy alright?"

"alright," I chuckle.

Finn and I walk back to the fire, and I hand Clove her cider.

"Mmm, thanks babe," She mumbles.

"No problem gorgeous," I reply planting a kiss on her cheek.

We sit a while longer, chatting, when suddenly Clove stands up.

"I'm exhausted. I'm heading to bed."

"W-wait! Clove."

"What?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go stargazing with me...by the lake..."

"Oh! That sounds so fun!" Annie squeals.

"Peeta, we should do the sa-"

"I meant...just me and you..."

"I dunno Cato... I kinda just want to sleep..."

"Please?" I beg.

"Cato-"

"Just for a little."

She huffs.

"Fine. I don't want you to start crying or whatever."

I take her hand, and we head down the snowy path, towards the frozen lake. I slump down onto the icy beach, pulling Clove onto my lap.

We lay in silence, staring up at the beautiful sky, when suddenly Clove lets out a huge yawn.

"Come to bed ok? I am sooo tired."

"Fine," I pout standing up.

Ok Cato! It's now or never! You can do this. 

Clove begins to walk up the path, and I slump down to one knee then clear my throat.

Clove turns around confused, then her eyes widen, as I pull the box from my pocket, opening it up.

"Clove Isabelle Kentwell...I knew from the day I met you, that I loved you. I can't even handle the thought of not having you with me. You are the world to me...and because of that...I want to ask you: Will you be my wife?"

Clove cups her hands to her mouth, and stands there, not responding.

"C-Cato-"

She begins to cry , a few sniffles at first, then turning into wailing sobs.

I stand and wrap my arms around her protectivly.

"Clove...what's wrong?"

"Nothing!  Nothing Cato! Of course I'll be your wife! You don't know how long I waited! I-" she's interrupted by a fresh, choking sob. "I love you so damn much Cato Hadley and I never want to leave you!"

She presses her freezing lips to mine, and I hold her there tightly for what seems like hours.

"I told you not to be cheesy Cato!"

Clove and I jump in surprise as Finnick and the others barrel down the path.

"You guys!" I moan. 

Clove looks up at me giggling slightly.

"It's alright Cato," she whispers. "At least they interrupted after I said yes."

"They still suck," I reply.

"WE HEARD THAT!"

"Good. Bed Clove? Or should I ask, would you like to go to sleep, lovely new fiancee of mine" I ask.

She grins.

"Yes please."

"The cheese is too much!"

I glare at Johanna, and roll my eyes, taking Cloves hand in mine once again.

We begin to walk up the hill together, both grinning like idiots, when suddenly Clove falls straight on her butt.

"watch out," she grunts. "It's icy."

I laugh and help her up.

"Would a piggy back ride be better?" I ask.

"Yes! Of course!"

I crouch down, and Clove leaps onto my back, wrapping her arms around my neck.

We reach the tent, and I set her down, planting a kiss on her lips.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too."

"Thanks for saying yes," I Smirk.

"Thanks for asking."

"Ok First off, I didn't cry that much! Second, why'd you include the part about me slipping?"

"Because it was cute."

Clove scowls, and I just smile.

"I thought it was a cute story," Madge says. "Too bad I wasn't there to see it."

Marvel nods.

"Would've loved barging in on that."

"Well it's a good thing you weren't there. Now leave. We have to get ready," I say.

Marvel, Madge, Gale, and Finch grin, waving at us and leaving the room.

 I turn to Clove, smiling.

"You know you look breathtaking in that dress," I say referring to her long wide bridal gown.

"Oh shut up."

"I love you too."

She snorts at me and I lean down, kissing her hard.

"Hey. Save it for after the vows sexy," she smirks, reaching up to wipe off a smudge of lipstick from my mouth.

"I don't think I can-" I whisper pulling her towards me.

"Shut up and practice saying I do."

"Yes ma'am."

"Even though I hate to admit it...I think I'm in love with you Cato Hadley."

"You better be. We're getting married Clover."

She rolls her eyes.

"That nickname is never gonna get old is it?"

"Nope."

"Great. Just great. Well...we should go take our places Blondie."

"Gladly," I smile. 

A/N last oneshot for the next three weeks ish

Hope it was alright : )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 972 26
If you love Broppy, you'll love these oneshots REQUESTS ARE OPEN!!!!!
71.6K 1.5K 40
Untold story of the two vicious Careers of District Two || Clato
32.5K 271 27
Basically the title.
58.6K 1.7K 11
Collections of one shots on sandhir