Naruto (Male Reader Insert)

By YourMother72

(Y/N) (L/N) seems like a normal kid in Konoha. He wants to become a ninja and to have a good life. However, o... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter LXIII
Chapter LXIV
Chapter LXV
Chapter LXVI
Chapter LXVII
Chapter LXVIII
Chapter LXIX
Chapter LXX
Chapter LXXI
Chapter LXXII
Chapter LXXIII
Chapter LXXIV
Chapter LXXV
Sequel

Chapter XXVII

12K 337 218
By YourMother72

Character Information:
(Y/N): Your Name
(L/N): Last Name
(H/C): Hair Color
(E/C): Eye Color
(F/C): Favorite Color

Everyone watched Tenten and Temari fight each other. Eventually, the battle ended with Temari as the victor.

When everyone returned to their places, Naruto stared at the three Sand Shinobi. He glared at them.

(Y/N): <to Naruto> Don't worry, Naruto. I'm sure you could handle them if you got to fight them.

Naruto: I don't know. They look really strong.

Suddenly, they heard Sakura's voice.

Sakura: Yeah, Naruto. I'm sure you could take them.

The two looked at her. She was standing up and looking out over the arena.

(Y/N): <surprised> Sakura?

Naruto: What? You're all right? I never thought you'd be back so soon.

Sakura: I'm fine, but never mind me. It's you and (Y/N) you should be thinking about.

Naruto: Huh? Us? We don't have any injuries. We haven't even fought yet.

(Y/N): That's not what she meant, Naruto.

Sakura: I meant that you don't want to disgrace yourself after you've worked so hard to get here. Think of what Sasuke would say.

Naruto: Oh, right.

(Y/N): You just need to think sometimes. Is that so hard for you, Naruto?

Naruto: Uh... sometimes. <chuckles>

Sakura and (Y/N) rolled their eyes.

The screen began to scramble the remaining names.

Naruto: Okay, hurry, hurry! Me next!

Lee: No, it's my turn! My turn!

(Y/N): Shut up, children. It's my turn!

The screen then landed on two names: (Y/N) (L/N) vs. Kabuto Yakushi.

(Y/N): <cheering> All right! Finally!

Naruto and Lee both grumbled.

Kabuto gasped before looking at Orochimaru, who smiled at him.

Kabuto: <thinking> I have to go up against (Y/N)? Damn it. Did Lord Orochimaru meddle with the scrambler?

Orochimaru nodded at Kabuto, who sighed and began to make his way to the arena.

Sakura: Good luck, (Y/N).

Kakashi: Go get him.

(Y/N) nodded and walked down to the battle arena.

Kabuto and (Y/N) faced each other.

Kabuto: So we meet again, (Y/N). Who would've thought that we'd meet again so soon.

(Y/N): Yeah. Also, just because you helped us out earlier, doesn't mean I'll go easy on you.

Kabuto: What makes you think I'd want you to go easy on me. <thinking> I can't get too crazy right now. I'm going to let (Y/N) beat me, but I'm not going down too easily. I'll rough him up first.

Orochimaru looked at the two and smiled.

Orochimaru: <thinking> Now I can test Kabuto's strength, while also seeing if (Y/N) could be suitable for a Curse Mark like Sasuke.

Hayate coughed and cleared his throat.

Hayate: Begin.

The (H/C) haired male took Crimson out of its sheath. It was in its katana form.

Kabuto leapt back a bit. He held out both hands and chakra appeared around them in the form of a small, sharp blade.

(Y/N): <raising an eyebrow> Hm. What's that?

Kabuto: <smirking> It's a chakra scalpel. You won't see this used offensively very often.

He then charged at (Y/N), attempting to hit him with the scalpels. (Y/N) avoided the attack and swung at Crimson at Kabuto, who blocked it with one scalpel.

The (E/C) eyed male jumped back and transformed Crimson into a quarterstaff. He twirled it before swinging at Kabuto.

The two blocked each others' attacks with their weapons. Kabuto kicked one of (Y/N)'s legs, causing him to stumble. The gray haired male smirked and attempted to stab him.

(Y/N) moved out of the way and changed Crimson into a dagger. He jumped at Kabuto, slicing his cheek. Kabuto grunted and moved backwards.

The scalpels disappeared from his hands. He touched his bleeding cheek and smirked.

(Y/N): What? Giving up already?

Kabuto: No, no. It's just I see that you are very skilled with weapons. I guess I've no use for the scalpels anymore. <thinking> I shouldn't use the scalpels, because if I hit him with one, it would cut a muscle tissue, and Lord Orochimaru would kill me if I did that.

(Y/N): So you're moving to ninjutsu? <smiles> Okay, I'll play along.

Naruto and Sakura cheered (Y/N) on.

Naruto: Come on, (Y/N)! I know you can do it! Kick his butt!

Gaara and Neji were watching (Y/N) intently.

Neji: <thinking> It seems that (Y/N) is very skilled in the art of bukijutsu, the use of weaponry in combat. I wonder how skilled he is in ninjutsu?

Kabuto made a hand seal.

Kabuto: Water Style: Water Bomb Jutsu!

A powerful torrent of water came out of Kabuto's mouth, straight towards (Y/N).

(Y/N): Copy Jutsu!

He then avoided the water and jumped at Kabuto.

(Y/N): <hand seal> Water Style: Water Bomb Jutsu!

Water came out of his mouth and hit a surprised Kabuto, knocking him to the ground.

Everyone in the room, save for Naruto, Sakura, the Hokage, and Kakashi, all looked shocked.

Naruto: <grinning> There you go, (Y/N)!

Kabuto stood back up, coughing.

Kabuto: What... What was that?

(Y/N): <smiles> Heh. It's my Kekkei Genkai: Copy Jutsu.

Lee: <surprised> Copy Jutsu?

Sakura: <chuckling> Yup. It allows him to instantly copy an opponent's ninjutsu. He then can use the opponent's own ninjutsu against them.

(Y/N): I can remember up to five jutsu perfectly with my Copy Jutsu too. Once I learn another one, I forget one of the five.

Orochimaru: <thinking> Amazing. I knew this boy was strong. But this strong? Heh heh heh. Perfect.

Kabuto glared at (Y/N).

Kabuto: <thinking> I can't do much without going overboard. I guess I'll just keep attacking him for now.

He made another hand seal.

Kabuto: Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!

Water came out of Kabuto's mouth in the form of a dragon. It attacked (Y/N), who avoided the attacks.

Kakashi: Amazing. He can create a water dragon without any nearby body of water. He certainly is skilled.

Sakura: Kabuto may be skilled, but he's no match for (Y/N).

Naruto: That's right! Believe it!

(Y/N): Copy Jutsu! <thinking> Damn. I won't be able to use this one. I'm not skilled enough to make a water dragon without water nearby. The Water Bomb Jutsu was easy because all I had to do was turn chakra into water.

He then looked at the ground. It was wet from the two Water Bomb Jutsus. He smirked.

The water dragon lunged at (Y/N), who jumped out of the way and took out Crimson, who was in its katana form again. He transformed it into a massive sword, like Zabuza's.

(Y/N): Take this!

He quickly cut off the water dragon's head, causing the head and the body to fall onto the ground, creating more bodies of water. Hayate had to move out of the way, to avoid getting wet.

Kabuto stared at (Y/N).

Kabuto: <thinking> I see. He's getting the floor full of water, so he will be able to create a water dragon as well. What a smart plan. I think Lord Orochimaru has seen enough to make a decision, so I'll end this quick. I know what to do!

(Y/N): What else do you got?

Kabuto: <hand seal> Water Style: Giant Vortex Jutsu!

A huge wave of water shot out of his mouth, straight towards (Y/N). The volume of water was too big for (Y/N) to avoid, so he got hit full-on.

Sakura/Naruto: <in unison> (Y/N)!!

(Y/N) slowly stood up, gripping Crimson. Water was everywhere. He smirked.

Kabuto: <thinking> This is where the battle ends. Good fight, (Y/N). Maybe if we meet again, I'll use my full power.

Orochimaru looked at Kabuto.

Orochimaru: <thinking> Oh, that Kabuto. He's letting himself get beat. It's a shame. I want to see more of (Y/N)'s power. Oh, well. I've already made the decision.

(Y/N): <hand seal> Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu!

The water in the arena rose into the air, in the form of a dragon. It went straight for Kabuto, hitting him head-on and throwing him into the wall.

Guy: Hm. Pretty smart. He couldn't create a water dragon on his own without water near him, so he let Kabuto use more water ninjutsu to fill the room with water, so he could create a water dragon. Pretty smart, if I do say so myself.

Naruto: That's (Y/N) for you. Believe it!

Kabuto lay on the ground. Hayate walked over to Kabuto.

Hayate: Since Kabuto Yakushi is unable to continue battling, I'm ending this match. The winner is (Y/N) (L/N).

Naruto and Sakura cheered. Ino cheered as well.

Sakura: I knew you could do it, (Y/N)! You're so cool!

Shikamaru: Well, at least I don't have to go up against (Y/N). That would've been a drag.

Neji: <thinking> Amazing. He has exceptional skills in both ninjutsu and bukijutsu. That Kekkei Genkai of his is something we all should be worried about.

Naruto: <jumping up and down> Yes! Yes! Yes! Way to go, (Y/N)!

Ino: <smiling> Why is he so awesome?

(Y/N), meanwhile, frowned as the medics carried away Kabuto on a stretcher.

(Y/N): <thinking> Why didn't Kabuto avoid the dragon even once? It almost seemed like he wanted to get hit. I don't think he even tried in this battle. Ugh.

The (H/C) haired male walked back over to his team, who all congratulated him.

Meanwhile, out of the room, Kabuto opened his eyes and got off the stretcher and began to walk away, surprising the medics.

Medic: H-Hey, where are you going? You're hurt!

Kabuto: I'm fine. There's no need to worry. <thinking> It's lucky that I heal really fast. Well, onto the other business I was supposed to do.

The medics looked at each other, confused.

He smirked and pushed his glasses back over his eyes as he walked away.

Back in the arena, Orochimaru grinned at (Y/N).

Orochimaru: <thinking> What an excellent Shinobi he will be. Also a perfect person for my Curse Mark.

(Y/N) smiled at everyone congratulating him.

(Y/N): Thank you. Thank you. I don't know why I need all of this. I think Kabuto got himself defeated on purpose.

Naruto: On purpose? Why would he do that?

Sakura: Yeah. You're just too strong and too humble to admit it.

(Y/N): Whatever.

He turned and looked at the arena again, Kakashi thought about what (Y/N) just said.

The screen began to scramble the names again.

Naruto: Come on! Let it be me! I'm the only one on my team who hasn't gone yet!

(Y/N) smirked at Naruto.

The screen finally landed on two names: Shikamaru Nara vs. Kin Tsuchi.

Naruto: Darn! <growls>

(Y/N) patted Naruto's back.

(Y/N): It's okay, Naruto. I'm sure you're coming up very soon.

The battle between Shikamaru and Kin then proceeded, until Shikamaru was declared the winner.

Ino: Atta boy, Shikamaru!

Chōji: Yeah! Way to go!

Lee: Come on. Come on! Me next. Me next! Me!

Hayate: All right. Moving on to the next match.

The screen began to scramble the remaining names left once again.

Kiba: There's one Sound Village ninja left, me, Hinata, Naruto, Chōji, Neji, and Lee. And that Sand guy. Just don't let me go up against him. That's all I ask.

(Y/N): What, are you scared, Kiba?

Kiba: <angry> Am not! It's just... uh... I want to go against... um...

Ino: Aw, you're scared, Kiba. <laughing>

Kiba: Shut up! 💢

The screen finally stopped on two names: Naruto Uzumaki vs. Kiba Inuzuka.

Naruto: <shouting> Yes!! It's here! It's here at last! The moment I've been waiting for! Finally, I get a chance to show what I've got!

Kiba: Look at that! It's us against the kid. Hey, Akamaru, I think I just won the lottery.

Akamaru barked in agreement.

(Y/N): You shouldn't underestimate Naruto, Kiba. He's way stronger than you think.

Kiba: Sure he is. Let's go, Akamaru.

Lee began to sulk.

Sakura: <to Naruto> Good luck, Naruto. Do your best!

Naruto: You know it, Sakura!

(Y/N) pushed his bangs out of his face and patted Naruto on his blonde head.

(Y/N): Show Kiba what you're made of, all right?

Naruto: <nodding> It's my time to shine!

Naruto and Kiba then made their way into the arena.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.6K 1.6K 46
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
301K 10.3K 117
Y/n Haruno. Sakura's younger twin sister. What happens when she starts liking Naruto but Naruto likes her twin Sakura? Let's join y/n in her adventur...
77.7K 2.1K 44
You are from the (l/n) clan a very powerful and very well respect clan well it was until it's downfall and every clan member killed in cold blood Wel...
988 27 9
Bringing back an unconscious Sasuke, Naruto is beaten and hurt but his spirit is never broken even though he has a hole in his chest and is somehow s...