My Suggested Names (PART 1)

By RenXieyin

PART 1 Naghahanap ka ba ng pangalan para sa character mo? Well feel free to browse this and find the name you... More

DISCLAIMER
NAME LIST PART 1 (Finished)
My Created Name 1
Canadian Boy Name: A-J
Canadian Boy Name: K-V
Canadian Girl Name: A-D
Canadian Girl Name F-L
Popular Names In Canada
Korean Name A-E
Korean Name G-H
Korean Name H-K
Korean Name L-N
Korean Name O-S
Korean Name T-Y
Additional Korean Name
50 Gemstone Names
50 Irish Girl Name
50 Irish Boy Name
Dark Warrior
Royal Name A-Z
Fire Names
Ice
Ice or Snow Name
Greek Mythology
Roman Mythology
Greek Gods and Goddesses
Robot Names from Movies
Names from Harry Potter
Color Names
Magical Witch & Warlock Names
100 Nature Names Girl & Boy
100 Badass Names
Mermaid Names 1-2
A-Z Merman Names
Worst Name Meaning
Good Names with Bad Meanings
Gothic First and Last Names
Chinese Names
Japanese Names
Egyptian Names
100+ Dragon Names
Dragon Names With Meaning
Spirit Names
Cat Names
Names Inspired by Elements
44 Names Inspired by Season and Months
4 Season Names Without Meaning
300 Fantasy Names: Characters, Towns and Villages
80 Unusual Vampire And Demon Names
Elf Names With Meanings
A-Z Elf Names
100 Cool Pirate Names
100 Space Baby Names
100 French Names for Boys
100 French Names for Girls
Bird Inspired Names 1
This Is Not An Update
500+ Dwarven Names 1
400+ Dwarf Names 2
Space Inspired Names
100+ Celestial Names
64 Popular Filipino Names With Meaning
63 Diverse Aboriginal Australian Names
The 20 sexiest names of all time
225 Sexy Girl Names And What They Mean
200 Most Attractive And Hot Guy Names That Women Love
The Most Popular Baby Names of 2021 for Both Boys and Girls (PART ONE)
50 Creative Gender-Neutral Names (PART TWO)
Names Inspired by Kings of Sparta
Ancient Greek Female Names A-G
AGFN H-Z

100 Sweet and Sassy Flower Names

492 2 0
By RenXieyin

Yow guyz! I changed the book name of "Name It to Create it" into "Suggested Names To Create Your Fiction" where you can find suggested names for World, Realm, Palace, Town, Inn, Tavern, Kingdom, weapon and many more. As of now I published 3 chapters (Fantasy Town Name, Tavern, and Realm)

ーーーー

100 Sweet And Sassy Flower Names For Girls And Boys

Written by BHAVANA NAVULURI(Journalist, parenting expert, mother) 

MAY 26, 2020

Gorgeous Flower
Names
For Girls:

1. Acacia:

Acacia is attractive, rarely used Greek name is gradually beginning to catch on with the parents. Named after a Greek botanist, acacia is a shrub with yellow or white blossom. It symbolizes immortality and resurrection.

2. Altheda:

Altheda, a Greek word, meaning ‘like a blossom’ possesses an edgy and modern appeal.

3. Alyssa:

Alyssa, the informal variation of Alicia, skyrocketed in popularity in 1980 and had held onto its place as one of the top baby girls ever since.

4. Amaranth:

This beautiful herb, with bright pink flowers, has the potential of being one of the rising floral girl names. We love the fresh sound of this name.

5. Amaryllis:

If you want a showy flower name, then you can consider Amaryllis. The name was first used in the Greek poetry as a designation for pastoral beauties.

6. Aster:

Aster is the name of the delicate flower meaning ‘star’. It came into the spotlight by the little girl on the television show “Dexter”. The name has not hit the mainstream yet, but with its similarity to the high-handed name Astor, it could pretty soon.

7. Ayana:

Ayana, meaning beautiful flower has a bright and creative ring to it. The name has never made an entry to the top 100 names of the US so that would make an original pick for your baby.

8. Azalea:

Azalea is one of the freshest floral names that made its debut on the Social Security list in the year 2012. Interestingly, it has now become one of the fastest rising names on the list.

9. Begonia:

Begonia, the sweet smelling flowers that look a lot like roses, could also be considered as a baby name option for your little one.

10. Blimah:

Blimah, one of the daintiest and earliest Hebrew names, meaning ‘blossom’, is beginning to enter the spotlight now.

11. Blossom:

Blossom, meaning ‘to bloom’ will always be remembered for the eponymous character in the sitcom “Blossom”. It’s the name of one of the Powerpuff Girls as well.

12. Bluebell:

This delicate flower with a dainty and divine smell is used widely in Britain. Geri Halliwell also named her daughter Bluebell.

13. Calantha:

Calantha, a Greek baby namemeaning ‘beautiful flower’, spares the spunk of other cool floral names like Calla and Camellia.

14. Calla:

This unique flower name is a delicate version of Lily. It is associated with the heroine of the novel “The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder”, which means ‘beautiful’.

15. Camellia:

These creamy, fragrant roses are loved all across the world for their aroma and beautiful looks. Apart from these factors, even the name sounds extremely pleasing to the ears.

16. Carnation:

It’s near about impossible not to fall in love with this cheerful flower and its name.

17. Chloris:

Chloris, the name of the mythological goddess of flowers, would make one of a kind name for your daughter.

18. Chrysanthemum:

This got to be one of the least common flower inspired baby names. So if you want a rare name for your daughter, don’t think beyond Chrysanthemum.

19. Clover:

Clover, a charming and perky name, has become a favorite with the celebs. It’s also associated with good luck, which is a great feature for a name.

20. Crisantha:

No, Crisantha isn’t related to Christine. It’s a short form of Chrysanthemum and means ‘golden flower’.

21. Daffodil:

This floral moniker is so uncommon that it would make a strong name for spring babies. And it’s also the name of the musician Michael Hurley’s first girl.

22. Dahlia:

Dahlia is a cute flower name, bringing to mind small, lovely flowers. This vintage name, pronounced as Da-lee-Ah, also conjures to mind a glamorous silver screen legend or tough femme fatale.

23. Daisy:

Daisy will make a hippy, yet cool name for the little girl. The name brings to mind the bubbly and happy baby with a cute smile. Daisy is also a popular nickname for Margaret as the French word for Daisy is ‘marguerite’. Even Daisy Buchanan did her bit to popularize the name in his “The Great Gatsby”.

24. Danica:

Danica, the pattern of Royal Copenhagen “Flowers of Denmark”, is a unique and delicate Slavic moniker, meaning ‘morning star’.

25. Fern:

Of all the botanical names, Fern has been the most static in terms of performance. It has never fluctuated on greater levels. So if you select this girl flower name, you can be assured that it will never go out of style.

26. Fiorella:

This lyrical Italian name, meaning ‘flower’, could be used to pay tribute to Grandmother or Aunt Flora or Florence. For the nickname, you can snip it down to Ella.

27. Fleur:

Fleur is the freshest of all the flower names in the name bouquet. This French for flower sounds incredibly chic and elegant to the ears. It currently holds the 12th spot in Netherlands, the home of tulip and other fleurs.

28. Flora:

Flora, the name of the Roman goddess of spring and flower, is an eternal favorite of baby name experts.

29. Forsythia:

Forsythia, named for the beautiful yellow bush, cannot challenge Violet or Rose in terms of popularity, but is sure to be one of the most unique of all.

30. Gardenia:

Baby name Gardenia sounds a lot more powerful and exotic that other names like Lily and Rose. It’s named after the botanist Dr. Alexander Garden.

31. Hazel:

Hazel is most commonly known as a tree or nut, but there’s also a flowering plant with long yellow strands called witch hazel. The name has become quite trendy in the last few years, thanks to books and movies – “The Hunger Games” and “The Fault in Our Stars”.

32. Heather:

This old, yet timeless, two syllable name brings to mind a classy woman with the mind of her own. In fact, Heather was so popular in the 70s and 80s, that there was also a movie after it – “Heathers”.

33. Holly:

Holly, is a beautiful baby name inspired by flower; it suits perfectly for a baby girl born during Christmas. If you need a bit more convincing, it’s the name of Audrey Hepburn’s character in “Breakfast at Tiffany”.

34. Hyacinth:

Hyacinth may not be as gentle and feminine as Rose and Violet, but it will appeal to parents who want an exotic floral name for their daughters.

35. Iolanthe:

This unusual and interesting name is best known from Gilbert and Sullivan operetta of the same name. It means ‘violet flower’.

36. Iris:

Iris is a purple flower getting its name from the Greek word rainbow. Since it is a rarely used name, it will make an intriguing choice for your baby, especially if you are spiritually oriented.

37. Ivy:

Ivy is the hottest flower-inspired names right now, all thanks to Beyoncé and Jay-Z’s baby girl Blue Ivy. Apart from being charming, Ivy also has a surprising number of spelling variations such as Ivie, Ivee, Ivi, and more.

38. Jacinta:

If you think Hyacinth sounds a bit too harsh, you can pick its sweeter Spanish version Jacintha. The correct pronunciation of this name is ha-Seen-ta.

39. Jasmine:

The name boomed in popularity in the early 20th century, following the release of Disney’s “Aladdin”. Jazz will make a spunky and cute nickname for Jasmine.

40. Jessamine:

This Spanish variation of Jasmine was once limited to England, but is now beginning to be appreciated in the US as well.

41. Jolanda:

Jolanda is a sweet and feminine Italian name, meaning ‘violet’. This name is practically unheard of in the US.

42. Juniper:

What could be better than naming your daughter after an evergreen shrub that produces juicy bright blue berries? For the nickname, you can pick anyone from Juno, Junie, June, or Junebug.

43. Kalina:

Kalian, a pretty Polish name, translates to flower. You can consider its variations such as Kalene, Kalena, or Kaline as wells.

44. Lavender:

This floral name has been getting some attention from cutting edge parents off late.

45. Leilani:

If you want an exotic plus botanical name for your child, you can use the Hawaiian name Leilani for her. Meaning ‘child of heavenly flower’, Leilani has a lilting and beautiful feel to it. For the nickname, you can pick Leia.

46. Lilac:

Lilac, the light purple flower with a beautiful scent, would make a nice name for your baby. Yes, it may not be as famous as Lily or Violet, but is rising the rankings steadily.

47. Lillian:

Lillian, a variant of Lily, is symbolic of purity, innocence, and beauty, exactly what Mother Mary was. Lillian means ‘pure’.

48. Lily:

Lily is the most famous of all the flower names for girls. It just rolls off the tongue and sounds incredibly charming. The beautiful blooms of the flower represent purity.

49. Linnea:

This attractive Scandinavian name, meaning ‘twin flower’, is super popular in Norway and Sweden. It’s an excellent name to honor your Aunt Linda or Lynn.

50. Lotus:

Lotus, the exotic and mystical flower, carries a special meaning in many cultures. It signifies enlightenment and divine purity in Buddhism and represents rebirth to the Egyptians.

51. Magnolia:

Magnolia would be a perfect name for your daughter if you’re a diehard fan of “Steel Magnolia”. It’s also chosen by Adrian Young of “No Doubt” for his daughter.

52. Marigold:

This bright and beautiful name, found in English novels, is beginning to be considered in the US as well.

53. Myrtle:

Myrtle is a pretty, popular, and ubiquitous name and comes from a plant with white or pink fragrant berries.

54. Narcissa:

Narcissa, a daffodil inspired name, has a lovely ring to it. But unfortunately, it hasn’t been able to make to the top of the list because of its association with narcissism.

55. Orchid:

Orchid, the name of the flower symbolizing beauty, love, and sophistication, would be an exotic option for your daughter.

56. Peony:

Peony, meaning ‘healing’, is one of the rarest floral names. Signifying honor and riches, Peony would make a distinctive name for your little one.

57. Petal:

This soft, sensitive, floral name belonged to a character in the film and the book “The Shipping News”. The moniker sounds exotic, yet down to earth and distinctive.

58. Petunia:

With the increase in all kinds of floral name, Petunia, the name of the trumpet-shaped flower, is also on the rise. Its gentle, lilting sound will secure its well-loved status for years to come.

59. Phlox:

Phlox, the name of tiny, purple flowers, would sound beautiful on your little one. This moniker is easy to spell and sounds feminine without being too frilly.

60. Poppy:

Unlike most of the overtly sweet floral names, Poppy carries a lot of spunk and style with it. It’s widely popular in the US, especially on the southern side.

61. Posey:

Daughters bring joy to their parents just like the fresh flowers in the spring season. So how about naming your child Posey, which means “a bunch of flowers”?

62. Primrose:

This elegant and dainty moniker is derived from the Latin phrase prima rose, which means ‘the first rose’. We’ve seen plenty of Primroses in quaint British novels, but never really found it in use in day to day life.

63. Rose:

This graceful name, dating centuries back, has stayed on because of its feminine flair. You can even credit David Cameron’s “Titanic” for its resurgence. And be rest assured it will never go out of style.

64. Rosemary:

The name Rosemary, derived from the Latin elements ‘ros’, which means ‘dew’, and ‘marinus’, which means ‘of the sea’, is as beautiful as the purple flowers of this plant.

65. Senna:

The cheerful name Senna is derived from the senna plant which bears bright blue flowers year after year. This pretty sounding Arabic namemeans ‘brightness’.

66. Susan:

Susan, as in black-eyed Susan, resembles a daisy flower, but is actually a species of sunflower. Coming from the Hebrew language, Susan means ‘graceful lily’.

67. Verbena:

The beautiful name Verbena is inspired by a sweet smelling plant. It’s unlikely you’ll come across two girls with this name in the same class or school.

68. Violet:

Violet is an eternal floral baby name. No matter what year, decade, or century it is, Violet will sound as fresh as it was when it began being used as a given name. It means ‘purple’.

69. Willow:

The flowers of the willow tree, known for their resilience, grace, and flexibility, have gained favor in the recent years as a baby girl name. It means ‘peaceful or resolute’.

70. Zinnia:

This unusual floral name has more energy and edge than most floral names we’ve come across.

Unique Flower
Names
For Boys:

71. Alder:

Alder, the name of the flowering plant from the birch family, has an old school feel to it. It means ‘from the alder tree’.

72. Anthony:

The versatile and ever trendy name Anthony sounds a lot like ‘Anthos’, which is a Greek word for Rose. Anthony Quinn and Anthony Hopkins are well-known bearers of this name.

73. Antonio:

In the 17th century, the name Antonia was linked to the Greek name ‘Anthos’, which means flower. So go for Antonio if you want a flower name for your boy.

74. Arnit:

After lagging behind Arpit and Amrit for ages, Arnit, meaning ‘beautiful flower’, has suddenly caught on with the parents.

75. Basil:

Basil, a fragrant herb with purple and white flowers, is a very common name for boys. It has always been on the US popularity list, reaching a high 327 in the year 1904.

76. Bud:

Bud isn’t just a cute Irish nickname, but also stands for the male flower name meaning Blossom. If you’re hesitant to use it for a first name, you can use it as a nickname or middle name.

77. Cedar:

While most people associate with trees and woods, there’s also a Cedar flower, which is breathtakingly beautiful.

78. Clem:

The name Clem refers to Clematis, the climbing vine of beautiful flowers. Clem sounds humble, laid back, and has a distinctive down to earth charm.

79. Corey:

Corey would be a fresh and snappy short form of Coreopsis, the cheery and long lasting flower. To make it more unconventional, you can spell it as Cory. Corey means ‘from the hollow’ – this sounds like one of the cool flower names.

80. Cypress:

The cypress flower, resembling the five-pointed stars, looks absolutely adorable. It’s also the name of a town in Orange County, California.

81. Elm:

Elm, a tree that blooms white flowers, would make an excellent middle name for boys. It sounds straight, strong, and robust, just like the flower.

82. Fiorello:

Fiorello is one of those floral names that would work amazingly on a boy. It was made famous by Mayor La Guardia during the Second World War. In fact, he was also the basis of a musical called Fiorello. Fiorello means ‘little flower’.

83. Florent:

French name Florent, meaning ‘flowering’, may sound a bit too flowery for American guys, but it’s quite popular in some parts of Europe.

84. Florian:

This Latin name, meaning ‘flowering or flourishing’, may sound feminine to some, but it’s used mostly for boys. The name has a worldly appeal as well.

85. Indigo:

If you are brave enough, name your child Indigo. Indigo is the plant that creates a purplish-blue dye. We think it is one of the most evocative and appealing flower names of this generation.

86. Jared:

If you want a masculine name, inspired by rose, Jared could be your pick. It means ‘rose’ in Hebrew. Its namesake is none other than Jared Leto.

87. Ketak:

Ketak, a name that means ‘flower’, was once considered a bit pompous and grand for baby boys in India, but it’s now being opted by a significant number of parents.

88. Kunal:

Here’s a name for the traditional parents. Kunal is a Sanskrit origin name meaning ‘lotus’. It is quite popular in India.

89. Moss:

Moss, the soft, plush, and evocative nature name is heard more frequently as a surname rather than a name. Take Moss Hart for example.

90. Narcissus:

Narcissus, a name for daffodil, will make a perfect pick for your baby boy. It is also the name of a mythological young man who fell in love with his own image.

91. Oleander:

Oleander, the name of a shrub which bears beautiful flowers, would make an excellent alternative to Oliver. It sounds playful, charming, sophisticated, and comes with nicknames such as Olly or Ollie.

92. Quill:

The name Quill refers to Jonquil, the hardy, spring flower. The moniker would serve as a tribute to ancestors named Bill, Gil, or Phil.

93. Ren:

Ren is Japanese for ‘lotus’. In Japan, the lotus is a symbol of perfection and purity, traits that every parent wants in their son.

94. Saffron:

Contrary to what most people think, the Saffron flower isn’t yellow or orange but purple color. Saffron is a gender neutral name, but will suit boys more.

95. Sage:

The name refers to an aromatic herb and also means an intelligent person. As a name, Sage is strong and short, fitting the criteria sought after by most modern parents.

96. Sorrel:

Sorrel is the name of a beautiful red flower of the Caribbean. Although it is a gender-neutral name, Sorrel sounds more suitable for girls.

97. Trevor:

Shatrevar, the Persian word for flower is the inspiration behind this name. This British name took a long time to cross the Atlantic Ocean and has now begun to be heard in the US.

98. Watson:

The name Watson refers to the flower Watsonia and means ‘powerful warrior’. You can either keep it Watson or stick with Watsonia.

99. William:

Surprised to see William on this list? Don’t be! William is also the name of a sweet flower.

100. Yarrow:

Yarrow, the name of the strong and fragrant herb that blooms into a bright yellow flower is gender neutral, but it sounds better on boys.

Source: https://https-www-momjunction-com.0.discoverapp.com/?iorg_domain_internal=momjunction.com%3BAfoqQzS1PxDZyJzn

CREDIT TO THE RIGHTFUL OWNER COPY PASTE BRAH~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3.8K 54
(Under Editing All parts) Date of write: February 2020 Date publish: June 28 2021!!!! End: May/28/2022 Mafia series 2
347K 6.5K 28
Sa loob ng Barangay Santolan magsisimula ang kakaibang karanasan ng labinlimang taong gulang na si Jinuel. Sundan ang kanyang istorya at kung hanggan...
13M 355K 50
[Date Started: March 2013 Date Finished: August 2013] Date Published: June 4, 2015 This is a fantasy, Action, Teen and Romance Story XD An academy fu...
9.5M 293K 64
Claire Cassidy doesn't show her face , doesn't socialize with people and always prefer to be alone, these are the reasons why she was branded as the...