The Queen of the Court [Vario...

By just_a_rando123

Think you can keep up? Ally Martinez is an American transfer student to Karasuno. She used to be a star volle... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 1.5
Chapter 2
Chapter 2.5
Chapter 3
Chapter 3.5
Chapter 4
Chapter 4.5
Chapter 5
Chapter 5.5
Chapter 6
Chapter 6.5
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 10.5
Chapter 11
Chapter 11.5
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.5
Chapter 13
Chapter 13.5
Chapter 14
Chapter 14.5
Chapter 15

Chapter 15.5

2.3K 94 54
By just_a_rando123

Ally's POV:

As I walked down the street on my way home, my phone vibrated. I took it out of my pocket and smiled slightly at the message.

~

Ushijima:
Hello.
Ushijima:
Are you free right now?

Ally:
Yeah I guess, can I ask why?

Ushijima:
Tendou wanted me to invite you to our practice.

Ally:
Alright, I'll head over.
Ally:
Be there in a bit.

Ushijima:
Okay.

~

I chuckled and changed my course of direction.

Time Skip:

I stared in awe at the large establishment called Shiratorizawa. The place was impossibly grand. I scoffed lightly as I wandered towards where the freaking map directed me to find the gym. I found it after about a minute or two and stepped into the large gymnasium.

The volleyball team was doing dive drills and they all looked absolutely miserable, I couldn't help but laugh. Immediately, they stopped in their movements and stared at me, including their coach.

"Who the hell are you?" he demanded. I pursed my lips, struggling to come up with a proper answer.

"Uh, well..." I scratched the back of my head,

"I asked her to come," a deep and monotone voice rang out throughout the gym. I smiled at the tall ace and trotted over to him and the other third years.

"Hey Ushijima,"

"Hello."

"Hey Ally!" Tendou cried happily as he waved at me enthusiastically. I giggled and returned the gesture.

"Hey Tendou, hey Semi." I nodded to the blond setter next to the energetic redhead.

"What are you doing here Ally?" Semi asked,

"I don't know, ask Tendou," I answered, our gazes turned to said person.

"I just thought it would be fun if Ally came to our practice!" he said, throwing his hands up in mock surrender.

Their coach stormed over, an angry and dark aura surrounding his wrinkly face.

"Why the hell are you all slacking off?" he demanded before glaring at me,

"Oh, coach!" Tendou cried before scrambling behind me and placing his hands on my shoulders, "this, is Ally Martinez. I thought-"

"Ally Martinez?" their coach echoed before looked at me, "I've heard that name before... are you a volleyball player?"

"Um... I used to be," I said, somewhat uneasy by the intensity in the coach's eyes,

"Huh, I think I've heard your name before. Either way. Why are you here?"

"Uh, coach, I invited her over cause..." Tendou looked at me then at the coach before pulling the coach aside and whispering something in his ear.  They both looked over at me and I smiled nervously and waved. Semi stood next to me and he muttered,

"Don't worry, Tendou is just telling him that you'll enhance our performance."

"Huh? Why tho?" I frowned and looked at the setter,

"Because we want to impress you," Semi said before winking at me,

"Ohhh... okay then," I shrugged nonchalantly

Tendou and the coach, apparently called Coach Washijō, walked back over to us. Washijō placed a hand on my shoulder and led me to the sidelines so the team could resume their dive drills.

"So, Martinez," he said as he sat down on a bench, patting the seat next to him, "sit down. Tell me about yourself." I smiled slightly before giving him a brief summary of everything since I've arrived in Japan and some of the stuff surrounding volleyball as well.

"Ah, so you go to Karasuno now... I've heard that they have a promising volleyball team this year." Washijō said.

I thought about the overzealous Hinata, rather unusual Kageyama, salty Tsukishima, soft Yamaguchi, the Noya and Tanaka pair, and the overall chaos that was the Karasuno volleyball team.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that..."

"Do you have anything to do with the team?"

"Yeah, I'm helping them as a sort of assistant coach."

"Is that so? So is it true that some of the first years have this crazy new attack?" the coach asked, suddenly more interested, I smiled at him,

"Now Washijō, you know I can neither confirm nor deny that information."

"Hmpf, fine, keep your secrets, we'll beat you anyway." I chuckled at the old man's confidence,

"I wouldn't underestimate them though. That confidence just may be your downfall," I said as I smirked playfully.

"Hey Ally!!!" Tendou cried as he waved me over frantically. I excused myself and walked over,

"Yes Tendou?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were paying attention to me," he said, "ya know, the Guess Monster in action."

"Tendou, please focus on our drill," the team's other setter, Shirabu if I remember correctly, said.

"Hey, don't talk to your senpai like that!" Tendou cried before ruffling the second year's hair. Shirabu huffed in annoyance before walking away while fixing his hair.

"Ally," Ushijima's familiar baritone voice echoed next to me, "you,d you mind helping us with the next drill?"

"Sure, what can I do?"

"Toss the ball for the hitters."

"Wow, first off," Tendou interrupted, "that's the most Wakatoshi has said in a single practice, and second... Why are you hogging Ally to the hitters?"

"Oh stop Tendou," I rolled my eyes while I dragged a basket of volleyballs to the net.

After setting up, Shiratorizawa's hitters lined up and I started the drill. A while later, they took a small break for water, all except Ushijima, who asked me to stay with him.

"Are you a setter?" He asked after slamming another ball on the other side of the net.

"Uh, not really," I said as I set a ball to myself, "I kinda played every position for a bit."

"Um," a small voice echoed behind me, Ushijima looked behind me and I turned around. A small boy with a black bowl cut shifted nervously, with a volleyball between his hands. He was the first year named Goshiki. "Can you set for me too, senpai?"

"Of course Goshiki, but I'm not your senpai ya know, we're both first years." His cheeks flushed in embarrassment and he nodded vigorously while apologizing, "No need to apologize," I chuckled and patted his head.

"Right! Sorry!" He exclaimed while bowing. I shook my head and motioned for him to toss me the volleyball.

Tendou's POV:

I looked over as the team took a break for water and elbowed Semi. He shot me a quick glare before looking over to Ushijima and Goshiki, who were looking at Ally with stars in their eyes.

"Look at them, they're both entranced," I laughed as Semi rolled his eyes.

"She's a good setter, can't blame them," he said after taking a swig from his water bottle.

"Ohoho~" I smirked as I leered at Semi, "are you jealous?" His head whipped around and he glared at me,

"Why would I be jealous?" he snapped, before taking one last sip of water and slamming it back down on the bench.

"Oh, I don't know there could be multiple reasons. You could be jealous that Wakatoshi and our little first year soon to be ace are all over her, or you could be jealous because you think she may be a better setter than you?" I said as we walked back over to Ally, Wakatoshi, and Goshiki.

"Do you think she's a better setter than me?"

"You're avoiding the question," I smirked.

"What question?" Ally asked as she looked over at us,

"Nothing," Semi said quickly.

"Okayyy then," she shrugged, "Oh Semi, can you take over setting? I want to try and receive a couple of their spikes."

"Oh oh oh!" I cried, "Ally and I can be on a team! I can block and she can try and receive them, Goshiki you'll be on our team, so will Shirabu. Then Semi, Wakatoshi, Yamagata, and Taichi on another. It works out perfectly since Reon is out today."

We formed the teams and I looked over at Ally.

"I hope you're ready, cause Wakatoshi becomes a whole different kind of person when he starts a game, don't let him catch you by surprise." She shook her head and laughed,

"Trust me, nothing surprises me anymore, not even a left-handed serve."

[so cute uwu]

[I love this picture so much!]

Author's Note:

Okay, well I'm sorry for not updating in a while, and the ending for this chapter is trash.

Anyway, the next chapter will have a lot of actual volleyball playing in it cause I realize I haven't done much actual action.

One last thing, I decided to do the silhouette challenge thing and I need recommendations from y'all.

Who should I do the pocky challenge with???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 233 25
"I've played volleyball all my life and now it's time for high school and I am about to start at Karasuno. I was never confident in how I played so I...
11.9K 598 117
Haikyuu!! Fanfiction Tsukishima x OC Ogawa Nakano needed volleyball to live like a fish needs water. She'd been away from it for far too long. She...
30K 1K 31
When you're sky high, there's only one path left to go. ็ƒ When the new girl asked to be a second manager for Karasuno's male volleyball team, no one...
214K 5.9K 16
I hate this story. I hate it. I don't know why I wrote it but looking back now I regret it... Ima leave it up though because it has a lot of reads- H...