𝕋𝕙𝕖 π•Šπ•₯𝕠𝕣π•ͺ 𝕠𝕗 π”Έπ•Ÿπ•’...

By BraedimusSupreme

A/N: any and all characters of 'Anastasia' belong to Fox Animation Studios and 20th Century Fox, while I only... More

Chapter One: A Mystic Book
Chapter Two: A 300th Anniversary Party
Chapter Three: A Rumour in St. Petersburg
Chapter Four: Once Upon a December
Chapter Five: In The Dark of the Night
Chapter Six: The Train Ride from Hell
Chapter Seven: Learn To Do It
Chapter Eight: Nightmare at Sea
Chapter Nine: Paris Holds the Key to your Heart
Chapter Ten: Reunited and Separated
Chapter Twelve: Anastasia VS Rasputin
Chapter Thirteen: A New Beginning
Chapter Fourteen: A Dream or Not?
Chapter Fifteen: Together Forever

Chapter Eleven: The Party/The Bridge

814 20 2
By BraedimusSupreme

At the Grand Palais, couples in splendor and fancy suits and dresses, waltzed on the floor while guests whispered excitedly about Anastasia appearing for the first time in 10 long years. Many of them were at the opening ball in St. Petersburg all those years ago. An ornate chair sat alone on an empty stage, waiting for the Princess to arrive.

Anya looked through the curtaiin at the dancing crowd, looking around for Braedey, even though she knew he wasn't there. Marie slowly walked up to her granddaughter, taking note of her looking at the crowds down waltzing.

Marie watched Anya. "He's not there."

"Oh, I know he's not, he --" Anya was caught, turning back to her grandmama. She tried to cover, badly. "Who's not there, Grandmama?..."

"A remarkable young man who found a music box..." Marie explained.

"No, he's probably too busy spending his reward money as fast as he can." Anya brushed it off, then she and Marie looked to the populace that were now dancing.

"Look at them dance! You were born to this world of glittering jewels and fine titles, but I wonder if this is what you really want." Marie looked down at the crowds down below on the dancing floor.

"Of course, of course it is. I found what I was looking for. I found out who I am. I found you." Anya, however, doesn't seem to sound happy. She turned to look at Marie, and now her voice is filled with real warmth.

"Yes, you did find me, and you'll always have me. But is it enough?" Marie asked, as they embraced. "My darling--" For a moment, Marie just held her granddaughter. There are tears in her eyes. She knows she has to tell Anya the truth. She pulls away, looks at Anya, and sighs. "... he didn't take the money."

Anya looked at her in shock. "He... didn't?..."

"Knowing that you are alive, seeing the woman you've become, brings me joy I never thought I could feel again." Marie smiled gently. Anya embraced her, resting her head on Marie's shoulder. Marie turned Anya gently, pulling back the curtain to look at the crowd. "Whatever you choose, we will always have each other."

"Grandmama, can't you tell me--" Anya turned around, but Marie was gone. Anya peeked our of the curtains to look at the crowd. She straightened her shoulders, pushed the curtain farther back, but then heard Pooka barking. She turned to see him disappearing through the terrace doors, heading out. "Pooka?" Anya hurried off out to the Terrace.

A shadow moved through the garden door. Slithering into the darkness like the crafty Serpent of Eden. Pooka barked in the darkness. He edged Anya further out into the topiary garden. Towering hedges in the shape of horses, elephants and giraffes surrounded him. Pooka disappeared deeper and deeper into the hedge forest.

Anya appeared in the doorway, worried for her little dog. Pooka's barks could be heard in the distance. Confused, she hiked up her gown and headed off after him. Anya submerged herself deeper and deeper into the darkness, leaving the light and cheer of the party behind. The barking from Pooka continued into the distance. "Pooka? Pooka?...." Anya called out worried.

As Anya wandered off further into the topiary garden, something odd happened without her noticing: the shadows were moving in her wake!

~*~*~

Meanwhile, out on the streets of Paris, Braedey was now all alone. He had no family, no friends, nobody to speak, talk, notice or even identify anymore. All he wanted now was to go back home and be done with this story. But, for some reason, he couldn't.

Braedey stopped walking, now standing in a lone park, looking to the night sky above. "Why can't I leave?! The story is now over! Anastasia is back with her grandmother, and everything is back the way it should be! Please take me home where I belong! What more do you want?" He yelled out, his voice echoing. He sighed in exasperation. "Show me a reason, a sign or something, ANYTHING!" He pleaded, slumped up against a nearby wall.

A shimmer of light from the moon seemed to get the brunette's attention. Braedey followed the light down, and he saw there was his necklace. He walked over to the necklace, picking it up, and it seemed to shine in a brilliant silver colour.

'This is my story. I can make it however I see fit.' Braedey thought to himself. 'Then, and only then, I will be able to go back home.'

Braedey suddenly felt his body gain some kind of unknown force, and he felt stronger inside and out. He puts on the necklace, while the moonlight seemed to shine down upon the brunette. Braedey turned to look down the road, looking to where he could see the River Seine. He could sense that was where he needed to go. With a grunt and punching his fists together, Braedey sprinted off towards the bridge, now having his mind set in one thing.

'I am not leaving her alone. Not now, not ever.' Braedey thought to himself. 'Not until I'm sure she's safe.'

~*~*~

Back in the garden, Anya's silhouette passed through a moonbeam. She was no longer worried: she is scared. For a moment, Pooka's barking stopped, and there was nothing but ticking silence. Anya was lost in the topiary garden, all alone. She sensed a presence, one that was unfriendly. A bark! Anya spun around in circles, desprearley trying to orient herself. Finally, she saw Pooka! Barking at the bushes around him.

"Pooka? ... Here boy!" Anya called to the little dog.

Pooka kelts barking! Anya whirled about to face... A topiary bush. Blocking her way out. She frowned to herself: that wasn't there before! She then saw Pooka standing in front of her, making her sigh in relief.

"There you are." Anya sighed, picking up Pooka, and holding her close.

"An-a-sta-sia... Anastasia..."

Anya gulped, her eyes wide. Who said that? She spun around: another topiary bush blocked her path, but it wasn't there before! Pooka barked wildly! She whirled around: the Topiary Bushes have moved again. Pooka barked again. Anya spun around again: the Topiary Bushes are rearranged, casting long shadows across her face like groping fingers.

Anya was now trapped, boxed in by the hedges and topiary bushes. Pooka barked as the green creatures seemed ready to spring at her. Anya firmly grabbed her gown, and she began to make a run for it through a small opening in the hedges. Pooka followed on, barking at all sides. Anya pushed on through, now tripping over as she and Pooka come up upon..

The bridge. The Pont Alexandre III deck arched bridge. There was nobody else around the bridge, with a low mist surrounding the structure.

After tripping over, Anya got to her feet, cleaning up her gown, Pooka standing next to her, all the while with the two looking around at where they are. It was too quiet for the bridge, which didn't settle well for the two of them.

"Anastasia..." A voice called evilly in the fog.

Anya stopped herself, then she slowly turned herself to face...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.6K 657 13
This story takes place within the MCU universe where the Y/N Romanoff is the superhero Scarlet Spider, and the son of Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow an...
55.2K 1.5K 13
Ever wonder what 20th Century Fox's Anastasia (1997) would be like if the reader was Anastasia, Dimitri was Jason Todd, and I replaced most of the ot...
dim as an ember By Marenke

Historical Fiction

23 6 7
"Is this because..." Yelena started, knowing she would end up regretting the words that would come out of her mouth. "Is it because of the girl in Be...
Roots By Sarah-Laney

Teen Fiction

1.5M 17.5K 29
In the summer of 1918 a tragedy echoed across the world when the Russian Imperial Romanov family was murdered by communists leaving much of the count...