Sanjie, Aniah & Sander

By zoooShaashaa

Sanjie, Aniah, and Sander share a history that began in childhood summers spent at their grandparents' homes... More

Sanjie, Aniah & Sander
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Sanjie, Aniah & Sander

Chapter 2

29 1 0
By zoooShaashaa

"Oh, My Gosh Aniah! Totoo ba?" Maxi asked when I entered the classroom.

"Ang alin?" I asked her back and went to my seat. She and Lorraine followed me.

"Some girl here from our school saw you with Sanjie yesterday," Lorraine told me.

I put my bag on the table and looked at them. I'm foreseeing this happening. That clarifies why all of the girls in our school were scowling at me earlier.

"Hinatid ka ba niya kahapon?" Maxi asked.

I nodded. I don't want to tell an untruth to them because they're my best friends. I was surprised when they shrieked in warmth.

"We were so happy for you Aniah! You already made the Pangilinan noticed you! We're so proud of you!" Lorraine excitedly said.

"Only Sanjie and I didn't do anything to make him notice me." I rectified.

"At least he noticed you. I can feel that anytime, Sander will reach you too" Maxi said.

"You think so?" I confusingly asked her.

They nodded. "You made Sanjie noticed you kahit na wala kang ginawa. Kaya hindi malabong kausapin ka rin ng pinsan niyang si, Sander." Lorraine replied.

"Naisip ko lang kasi. Sander's way far from his cousin Sanjie, because of their temperament. Tahimik lang si Sander while Sanjie's talkative." I explained.

"Stop being so pessimistic, Aniah. Just wait and one day you'll be shocked because the long wait will be finally over."

I just gazed at them. Beginning to marvel if Sander will notice me. Well, I hope so.

In the middle of our class, I pardoned myself to go to the restroom because Lorraine just mumbled to me that Ruby was gazing at me. Ruby's a classmate of ours who's head over heels to Sanjie Wilhelm Pangilinan, but he never noticed her.

I feel barely alleviated when the teacher let me go since I was going to the restroom but I somehow feel scared as I got out because girls might give me casualty gazes or terrible, they assault me. Well, I don't condemn Sanjie for this because he well dropped me off at my house yesterday. He was just being polite and gentlemanly.

Keep your cool Aniah.

The ladies' restroom was on the first floor while I was on the second floor. So I have to use the stairs to get there. I'm hoping that no girls were waiting in the hallway because I'll be dead meat if they were there. I already enacted the stairs and as I reached the hallway, I looked left and right to see if there were girls, but no sign of them. I must be fortunate today!

I arrived in the lady's restroom with no scrapes on my face, just safe and sound. So I rapidly went inside to one of the cubicles of the restroom and used the toilet. After that, I was about to go out when I heard the voice of three girls going inside the restroom, so I instantly locked the door of my cubicle and kept up there, quietly.

"That girl's lucky to be with Sanjie!"

"Sinabi mo pa! Siya kaya ang unang babae na nakasama ni Sanjie tapos pinapasok pa nito sa kotse niya! I'm jealous!"

"Do you think Sanjie and that girl are in a relationship?"

"Hell no! Hindi ako makakapayag dyan!"

"Hindi sila bagay noh!"

I remember ten years ago, Sander told me that we're a perfect match because he was handsome and I was beautiful. That he likes me and I like him too.

"Maybe Sanjie's only talking to her because he felt compassion for her. Kasi diba, sinong hindi maaawa dun? Eh ang pangit niya. Kaya walang choice si Sanjie kundi pansinin ang babaeng yun."

"Tumpak ka dyan girl!

Then after the girl said that, I heard them leaving the ladies' restroom. I took a deep whiff as they left. How can they be so harsh? Why would they have to say such things like that? Was it because they saw me with Sanjie?

I don't want to cry. I don't have to believe in every word they say about me. I know myself more than they and I believe in myself.

So I decided to go out of the ladies lavatory and should go back to my classroom because the teacher might look for me. I inhaled and exhaled and went out of the cubicle. I make sure that no one was in the restroom and instantly left the restroom. But before I could start to walk, someone spoke behind me. I looked back and was amazed to see Sanjie leaning on the wall while his hands were in his pockets.

He looked at me and smiled at me, so I smiled at him, awkwardly. He then began walking towards me.

"Like you, I heard what those girls said about you when they were still there." He let out.

I didn't reply. I didn't know he was here outside and eavesdropping on those girls too. I was weak because they said something that couldn't increase my dignity.

I was shocked when he pulled me to him and hugged me. Oh. My. Gosh!

"Don't heed them. For me, you're beautiful. You'll always be beautiful in my eyes." He whispered.

My heart began thumping. I feel like my heart's exploding because of what he said just now.

"Cheer up Aniah! Believe me when I say you're beautiful because you are." He proceeded.

I halted and recall what Sander said when we were kids. Sanjie said the precise words that Sander told me before.

"W-Why are you here?" I asked. Altering the subject.

"Because I saw you. You were averting girls because you don't want them to assault you. I'm sorry, Aniah."

"W-Why...are you apologizing?" I utterly asked him.

"They're talking shit about you and that's because of me." He replied.

I can feel his integrity but he shouldn't be apologetic because it wasn't his fault.

"It wasn't your fault, so you shouldn't have to apologize. It's fine if they talk about me." I said.

He shook his head. "It's not fine with me. You did nothing wrong and I repent for resulting in your trouble."

I was quiet. I don't know what to say. I don't want him to blame himself just because of this. He was just being polite and today, he wasn't anticipating that this could happen.

I heard him sigh. "Let me make it up to you today. I don't want you to feel bad, so let's eat at the cafeteria, my treat!"

"Today? You mean, now na?" I asked.

He nodded. I would love to but I still need to go back to my classroom because I do speculate that my teacher's already looking for me, and it's because I'm left for about twenty minutes.

I was about to speak when he grabbed my wrist and the next thing I knew was, we were both walking. I wanted to reject but no words came out of my mouth. He was still holding my wrist while walking and I was following him.

As we were ratified by the hallway, people gazed at us. Most of them were girls and I wanted to conceal somewhere because they were lending me glares. Who wouldn't be? I'm with the Sanjie Wilhelm Pangilinan.

Others were surprised to see us together and worst, Sanjie's holding my wrist. It was their first time to see him holding someone else's wrist, that's why they're overreacting. But, most of them started whispering as to why we're together and asking if he and I are in a relationship.

Girls began greeting Sanjie whenever he passes by but he ignored them. It was shocking! It transpired for the first time and I see Sander to him today, the way he dismissed them. I'm seeing a different person today and maybe because of what arose. The rumors.

"Ah Sanjie, they're looking at us," I mumbled.

He halted and looked behind me.

"Let them stare." He replied.

"B-But I have t-to go back because I still have a class."

"I'll explain to your teacher. I promise." He said and proceeded walking—still holding my wrist.

I didn't say a word and followed him. He's full of reasons and I couldn't complain.

We eventually entered the cafeteria after a couple of minutes. I was worried to see that all of them were looking at us. Sanjie didn't mind them and resumed walking towards their table. He released my hand as we arrived at their table.

He looked at me and smiled at me. I like how he smiles, he's so handsome—Oh My Gosh! What am I saying? For sake Aniah! He's Sander's cousin! I shouldn't be saying this, because I'm into Sander. But I guess there's nothing wrong if I compliment him for being good-looking.

"Zephaniah..." I came back to my senses when I heard Sanjie calling my name.

"H-Ha?" I came across a question.

He chuckled. "You're spacing out. I've been calling your name three times. What do you want to eat?"

I felt timid because of what he said. "K-Kahit ano lang." I replied.

"Are you sure?" He asked surely.

I instantly nodded for an answer and he quit asking me then pardoned himself to go to the counter. I was left here, sitting alone, feeling so nervous because I can feel eyes were glaring at me.

While I was waiting, my phone short shaken. It was a text from Maxi, so I unlocked the message and was amazed by her text message. I looked around the cafeteria to see if they were here and I stopped when I saw the two of them standing at our table and waving at me. They were giving me signs but I don't get them.

What the hell are they talking about?

I was nearly to open my mouth when I heard someone talked behind me. So I looked back to see who that person was and I was stunned to see...SANDER?!

He was lending me a blank manner and that made me froze. I can feel my heart began whipping so fast. Was it because he talked to me? Or was it because I'm so near to him? What should I do? I feel like I'm erupting. I wanted to look at my friends but I couldn't.

"What are you doing here at our table?" He raised a question.

Goosebumps. Oh My Gosh! Do I feel eager or what? Zephaniah you have to act normally in front of him! GOT IT!!

"I-I..uhh..H-He—w-was.." Why the hell are you stammering Aniah?! I said, act natural!

He arched a brow. "What?"

I'm getting anxious. I wanted to walk out because I don't know what to say. Oh My Aniah! You've been waiting for this time to come—to talk to him about ten years ago, and now you're faltering in front of him when he's just asking you?

I took a deep breath. "Sanjie invited me to join him for lunch." Finally! I said it!

"He did?" He asked confusingly.

It seems he doesn't believe me. My Gosh! Why did Sander develop to be such an insensitive person? He's far from the person I knew ten years ago.

But I just gave him a nod for an answer and I got confused when he grinned. Why does he have to be that handsome? He's almost perfect for me!

I got stunned when he gave me his hand for a handshake. "I'm Sander Callum Pangilinan." He introduced himself to me.

I stared at his hand, gaping if I should ratify it—Zephaniah you have to! It's a chance! And if I don't accept his hand then he might get mortify.

I was trembling when I accepted his hand and began handshaking. He was staring at me. My heart's whipping so rapidly. I'm gonna explode! Act frigid Aniah! "I'm Zephaniah...Zephaniah Soriano."

He gave me a tiny smile. At least he smiled at me! I saw him smiling again after ten years. Then I heard Sanjie's voice behind us.

We looked behind and he was smiling at us while holding a tray. "It's good to see that you two talked." He said and put the tray on the table.

Sander pulled out his hand and sat on the chair that's in front of me while Sanjie sat beside me.

"It was his first time talking to a girl here in school," Sanjie confessed and gets a burger on the tray, and lent it to me.

"I only got bewildered as to why someone is at our table, so I spoke to her," Sander clarified.

Sanjie laughed. "At least you talked to her. It's attainment, bro." He poked fun at it, but Sander didn't mind him and began eating.

"Why aren't you talking?" Sanjie asked me when he noticed that I was silent.

I looked at him. "I just don't know what to say," I replied.

"I heard gossips about you and Sanjie." I heard Sander said, so I looked at him and he was looking at me. My heart's whipping rapidly again. When is it gonna steady?!

He smirked. "Sanjie's friendly but I wasn't foreseeing that he'll drop you off at your house." He began again.

"Delikado ang mag commute ngayon, bro. Besides, it was getting dark that time so I insisted to drop her off at her residence." Sanjie clarified.

Sander looked at him. "You're such a guy, bro. I yet couldn't speculate it because it was your first time dropping off some girl at her house." He teased.

Is it just me or does Sander sound pungent? Probably I was just hallucinating. I don't want to infer okay?

Sanjie laughed. "Why don't you try it then? Stop being rude to people around you bro. It's time for you to change."

Sander just smirked at him and shook his head and began again eating. I don't think Sanjie sounded bitter but based on his words...I guessed so.

"So that's why you're gone a while ago because you're with her?" Sander asked him.

Sanjie smiled, so Sander looked at me and I don't know if I should look away.

"How's Sanjie as a friend?" He asked me.

Oh My Gosh! My heart's whipping so fast again and I don't know how to stop this from whipping whenever Sander looks at me and talks to me.

"H-He's g-great. U-Uhm, k-kind.." I utterly replied.

He smiled. "I know he's kind and friendly. I'm an exact contrary of him but that doesn't damage our relationship as cousins."

I don't know what to reply to, so I just nodded. I concede with what he said, and I got appalled by his smile. For the first time, I saw him smiling. Oh My! I feel like I'm perishing! Maintain your grace Aniah.

"I agree with that!" Sanjie said while edging his index finger to Sander.

I barely look at my friends who were sitting at our table. They were giving me thumbs-up and grimaced me "spill the tea later" and they laughed. I just broadened my eyes at them to keep their mouth shut. So I halted looking at them when I heard Sander calling me.

"H-Ha?" I asked him.

He lent me an illogical look. "Who are you looking at?" He asked.

"A-Ahh m-my...friends," I replied hesitantly.

He looked at the side were my friends at, so I looked at them too and I saw how they averted their stares at us. Sander just caught them looking.

"Your friends were...looking at us." He said awkwardly while still gazing at them.

"I think they're just showing their support to their friend here," Sanjie stated, and I looked at him in surprise.

Sander looked at him stunned. "And it's because?"

I don't know what would Sanjie answer to his cousin's query but I'm getting worried.

"There were just two choices here bro. First is, because their friend, Zephaniah's here and it was the first time we asked a girl to join here with us. In short, it was like a chance. Second, maybe showing their support because their friend likes you or me. You guess." Sanjie resolved with a smile on his face.

I was amazed by his answer. Where did he get those findings? I don't know what to say...He...almost got me. No! He did get me—with his second judgment. But I don't like him, only Sander.

I began shaking when Sander leaned on his chair and looked at me with a grin on his face. "What do you think Zephaniah?"

"U-Uhhh...I.I don't know." I reacted.

"Well, let's just alter the subject." I heard Sanjie said. I scarcely feel relieved when he said that. I was in a hot seat!

"So Zephaniah, I heard you're from Class B." He told.

I nodded. I can sense that Sander's still gazing at me.

He smiled. "I'll just talk to your instructor later. As what I've promised."

Oh My Gosh! He's really serious about it. I should thank him later!

"I did it already," Sander announced.

I looked at him in surprise and he was still staring at me...or us? I don't want to infer, like what I said earlier.

Sanjie looked at him. He was also amazed to learn it from Sander. "You did? How?"

Sander just keeps up frigid. "I heard from the learners that were hanging around in the hallway. You're the subject of the school." He retorted.

But before Sanjie could ask further queries, Sander spoke again.

My heart's whipping so rapidly again and it's because of what Sander did today. Did he talk to my subject teacher?

"I knew she's from Class B. Don't bother asking me why I knew it. I think what counts here is talking to her teacher in concerns about not reimbursing to class." He told.

I wanted to say thank you to him for what he did. I didn't foresee that he'll do it for me, but I don't know how to express my gratitude to him.

"That's great! Thanks, bro!" Sanjie said.

Me? I just stared at him. I don't know how to convey my gratitude. I'm too shy to tell of how grateful I am.

The next thing I knew, Sander's staring at me.

——

"So Aniah girl, how was it?" Maxi asked as they approached me when I entered the classroom.

"Hinatid ka pa talaga nung magpinsan girl ha! Ikaw na talaga!" Lorraine said and gave me a flash.

I rolled my eyes, but deep inside I wanted to erupt. Sander...He glimpsed me!!

"Kanina ko pa pinipigilan na huwag kiligin sa harapan niya! Did you girls see that? He noticed me!" I told cheerfully.

I was truly pleased that he eventually noticed me.

They smiled. "Kaya pala hindi ka na nakabalik kanina kasi magkasama kayo ni Sanjie." Maxi teased.

I bit my lower lip. "Sander told us that he's the one who talked to our subject teacher earlier, na kung saan dapat si Sanjie ang gagawa nun. Kaya lang naunahan na siya ng pinsan niya."

They were amazed. "Sander? Seriously? You're fooling right?" They asked in skepticism.

"I'm telling the truth. He clarified to our subject teacher why I didn't return to his class. Like you girls, I was also shocked to hear it from him." I upheld.

They looked at each other. "Sander Callum Pangilinan...The rude guy in our school and who doesn't talk to any girl in school just explained to our subject teacher as to why you didn't return to his class..." Maxi said in incredulity.

"Ginawa niya yun para...sa'yo. I can't believe it!" Lorraine remarked.

And they looked at me.

"I think Sander is about to change..."

"What?" I asked them in turmoil.

"You're the blessing! The blessing in his life, Aniah girl!" Maxi clarified.

"But, how about Sanjie?" Lorraine asked us.

"Ha? Bakit naman siya napasama dito?" I asked her.

"Eh kasi diba magkaibigan na kayo at pinapansin ka na rin niya." She replied.

"Oh tapos?" Maxi asked.

"B-Baka mahulog si Sanjie sa kanya, o di kaya naman si Aniah ang mahulog sa kanya." She began again.

My eyes broadened because of what she said.

"That will never gonna happen," I declared.

——

"So you're not calling your driver to pick you up?"

I looked back to see who that person was and to my surprise, it was Sander. He was standing behind me and both arms were in his pockets. Oh My Gosh! He talked to me again!

"H-How'd you know the—" He cut me off.

"—Sanjie told me." He replied.

I just gazed at him. I don't know what to say, okay? I'm out of words because I was amazed to see him here...He finally noticed me.

He sought. "Follow me."

"H-Ha? Saan?" I asked in turmoil.

"I hate wasting time. Just...follow me." He told and turn his back on me, then began walking into the school.

I don't have an option but to follow him. I was just behind him and following. There were still students in the school, so to avert the matters I kept up behind him and six feet away from him.

Maybe he noticed because he halted and glanced behind me.

"Why are you away from me?" He asked.

"Ah, ang dami kasing estudyante kaya para iwas issue ay kailangang dumistansya ako sa'yo." sagot ko.

"Do you have to mind what people would say and think about you?" He asked with a little bit of discomfort in his voice.

I didn't answer. I began to think about what he just said. Do I have to heed what people would think of me? Adequately, it's my stature and they loathe me because they saw me with Sanjie, and now with Sander.

Then the next thing I knew was, he snatched my hand and began walking. I was surprised by what he did.

The people who saw us were also surprised. I just sough, another issue—the topic will still be me. I wanted to argue with him but I couldn't. Was it because I like him that I couldn't reject or argue? Aniah! This is a chance! You've been hoping about this!

A couple of minutes later, we stopped at the parking lot—we stopped at His car. Then he let go of my hand and open the car door for me. I looked at him, still in surprise.

He's looking away. "I'm not a cavalier, but authorize me to drive you home." He said.

And again, I was shocked. Is he for real?

***

"So why aren't you telling your driver to pick you up after school?" He breaks the silence while were inside his car.

"I-I...I just wanted to." I replied. Am I even dreaming?? I can't speculate that this is transpiring to me!

He scoffed. "Then I guess, starting now on, Sanjie and I will drive you home."

I looked at him. "Y-You don't have to." I rejected.

He grinned. "You know that I'm not asking for your approval, right?" He asked.

"W-We're not...friends," I mumbled.

"Let's be friends then." He shortly replied.

I stayed silent. I don't know what to say. I'm not anticipating this coming okay?

"I'm sincere about what I said. It's not pressure or whatever you name that." He said.

I looked away. "I just don't know what to say." I just said.

The man I like wants to be friends with me and I wanted to leap into prosperity right now.

Can you believe that? He finally noticed me and then, he wants to be friends with me.

"Uhh, thanks for driving me home Sander. I appreciated it." I thanked him as I got out of his car.

"My pleasure." He said.

"Uhm..ingat ka sa pag-uwi."

"I will. Thank you."

And with that, he fled and I was still standing outside of the house. Oh My Gosh! Tell me I'm not dreaming! That's Sander Callum Pangilinan! The man I've been waiting for for ten years!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 125 7
Identical twins Yok & Sand only found out about each other's existence when they were 18 years old. One is a rebellious and tatted up, activist arti...
160K 15.5K 49
Sidharth Shukla, a famous rockstar and Shehnaaz Gill, a crazy fan of him. Their worlds are totally different. Shehnaaz's always dreamt that one day s...
41.7K 2.7K 30
Divided by distance united by hearts.Peep in to know more.
866K 23.4K 77
She lives her life to the fullest as she is love by everyone in her home, where everyone supports and cheers for her. Some things also somewhat make...