Married By Chance

By AurumHeart

This book is a sequel and continuation. In order to understand it, you have to read 'Partners By Chance' firs... More

Married By Chance (BOOK 2)
Prologue: Till death do us apart.
Chapter 1: She's married.
Chapter 2: It's not about him.
Chapter 3: Two months late.
Chapter 4: I love Liam.
Chapter 5: Why are you here?
Chapter 6: Christian Louboutin.
Chapter 7: Hey, hubby.
Chapter 8: It's time for me to party!
Chapter 9: Kit Kat.
Chapter 10: Take me there.
Chapter 11: Still in love with him.
Chapter 12: Are you happy?
Chapter 13: Dinner.
Chapter 14: Louis Vuitton.
Chapter 15: We need to talk.
Chapter 16: HOPE.
Chapter 17: I was crazy.
Chapter 18: Miss Beauty and Brains.
Chapter 19: Nobody is Perfect.
Chapter 20: Seoul Fashion Week.
Chapter 21: Like a Rose?
Chapter 22: Mr Black, Mrs Black.
Chapter 23: Ciao.
Chapter 24: Mum.
Chapter 25: Black Industries.
Chapter 26: Donatella Versace.
Chapter 27: Nice to meet you.
Chapter 28: The Hotlist.
Chapter 29: You forgot about him.
Chapter 30: Edward and Elle Smith.
Chapter 31: I wasn't your boyfriend.
Chapter 32: Sushi.
Chapter 33: Gordon Ramsay.
Chapter 34: Back in London.
Chapter 35: Anna Wintour.
Chapter 36: Oscar de la Renta.
Chapter 37: They used to date.
Chapter 38: I like dresses.
Chapter 39: Signed with Gucci.
Chapter 40: Cause you're gorgeous.
Chapter 41: April 16th
Chapter 42: Vogue.
Chapter 43: This is happening.
THANK YOU!
Chapter 44: Make me cry.
Chapter 45: Need a ride?
Chapter 46: Home.
Chapter 48: Driving me crazy
Chapter 49: Please?
Chapter 50: Adam Black.
Chapter 51: Happiness.
Chapter 52: Sad night.
Chapter 53: July 18th
Chapter 54: Colton and Emily.
Chapter 55: You make my heart race.
Chapter 56: Getting kidnapped was fantastic.
Chapter 57: Bad Idea.
Chapter 58: The Summit
Chapter 59 : Cartier (Part 1)
Chapter 59: The effect you have on me (Part 2)
Chapter 60: Fellow Graduates
Chapter 61: Grow the fuck up.
Chapter 62: What are you afraid of?
Chapter 63: Speak Now (TV)
Chapter 64: My Darling
Chapter 65: Their daughter-in-law

Chapter 47: His brother.

19.7K 672 753
By AurumHeart

Amelia's outfit above.

Amelia Black

"What the fuck did you say to him?" Chase attacks me as I arrive at the hospital.

"Excuse me?"

"He was in a good mood. Happy to go and see you but then he came back angry and decided to go on the motorbike to cool off." He explains, angrily.

Wait. Is he talking about Adam?

"Dude, back off! Don't talk to her like that." Liam growls back at him.

Chase throws me one more angry look and walks away.

"What happened, Liam?"

"He was bleeding everywhere and he couldn't move his arm. He's in surgery now."

"It's my fault." I whisper and slowly take a seat.

"No, don't say that." Liam sits beside me.

"But it is."

"What'd you do?"

I repeat all the things I said to Liam and I can see from his expression that I've fucked up real bad.

"You know that's his biggest fear, right? He believes that no one truly cares about him."

I let out a sigh feeling a thousand times more guilty. I start silently praying for him to be okay. I don't know what I would do if something happens to him.

"He's awake." The doctor says as he and Wesley come out of Adam's room.

"Can we go and see him?"

"No, he doesn't want any visitors right now." Wesley says.

"But I'm his wife."

"And I'm his brother!" Liam says and I nod in agreement.

Wesley and the doctor look at each other then turn to give us both an apologetic look.

"I'll take you home, Mrs Black."

****

"So how are you girls?" My mother asks my friends.

Camilla, Nicole and Emily decided to come over to my house the next day.

We're having a delicious seafood meal that Adam and I's chef made.

"Good. I've been busy with doing my final project. It's a ten piece collection." Nicole tells my mum.

"Oh, wow. What's the inspiration behind it?"

"I went to Japan in January and as you know it was the cherry blossom season so I just took that whole concept of the trees and the people."

"Well, I can't wait to see it." Mum smiles then looks at Cam. "How about you, Camilla?"

"Oh mine's future inspired."

"Yeah, kinda like Alexandra Wang and Off-White. I can't wait for you to finish it." Emily adds, dreamily.

"I love that." Mum smiles then gives me a look. "Honey, would you snap out of that mood!"

"I know, right?" Emily adds and the others nod in agreement.

"I don't know what to do guys! I put my husband in the hospital and now he doesn't want to see me! I feel like I'm going to die!" I exclaim.

"Oh my God." Mum rolls her eyes and my friends start laughing.

I glare at all of them in annoyance and excuse myself from the table to call Wesley.

"Mrs Black."

"Hi, Wesley. How are you?"

"I'm well, and you?"

"I don't know! Has he said anything about me? Does he hate me?" I ask, helplessly.

He clears his throat. "He could never hate you."

"Then has he said anything?"

"About you, no."

I sigh. "How is he then? Is he feeling better?"

"Yes, the doctors said he'll be discharged soon."

"Okay. Thank you, Wesley. Have a nice evening." I tell him.

I wait for him to reply but he doesn't say anything but just as I'm about to hang up, he speaks. "Amelia?"

"Yes?"

"When it comes to Adam, you have nothing to worry about. We'll be home soon. Sleep well." He says.

"Thanks." I mutter then hang up because Wesley is too polite to hang up.

I think about what he said and how wrong he is. I have everything to worry about when it comes to Adam.

I feel tears in my eyes and I quietly let them out. I finish then go back to the dining room and ask my mum and friends what they are talking about.

"I'm just giving them beautiful reasons why they should get married." Mum says.

"Tell them, Amelia! The safety and security that comes with it, having someone to share your life with, someone to come home to. It's beautiful." She adds, looking at me.

I raise my eyebrow. "How about all the heartache and the fights?"

"The best things in life are the hardest." Emily whispers blankly.

My mum's eyes light up and she beams at Emily. "Exactly!"

But Emily seems lost in a deep thought.

"Now, that you girls are about to graduate, the next step for you is obviously getting a job and that's it."

"Well, we're both single so getting married will be kind of hard right now." Cam says.

"Oh, nonsense! It took only a few hours of phone calls to find Ian the perfect wife. You can have a husband whenever you want."

"Mum! Stop lying to them."

"It took a week to get everything sorted for you and Adam." She retorts.

"Yes but look where we are now, he doesn't even love me."

"He might not love you but he definitely feels something for you." Nicole says.

"What the heck are you talking about? God! I wish Jasmine was here. She's more realistic than all of you bitches."

Where is Jas anyway? I haven't seen her in a while. I know Chloe is at Jacob and Tyler's but Jasmine I have no idea.

"It doesn't take a genius to know how smitten he is by you." Emily shrugs.

"It was nice talking to you girls like always. I have to go put on some makeup on this old face of mine and go to the office."

"You're not wearing makeup? Are you kidding me?!" Nicole asks her.

"No."

"But your face looks amazing. What kind of cream do you use?" Cam adds.

"Cream? I don-ohhhh, it's our new facial care products. The serum! It contains a glowing agent."

I scoff in disbelief. She's very smooth.

My mother owns an organic skincare line for women of thirty-five years and above. It's called MAE and contrary to popular belief, it's not named after my little sister. Mum took letters from each of our names and put them together. Mae, Austin, Amelia, Elle, Edward.

It took a while to have me convinced that this is actually what the brand name means because why didn't she choose to call it AME or MEA or EMA. MAE sounds better, I admit and Mum said it means 'mother' in Portuguese so she stuck with it.

A few months ago, she decided to create a large age group so her company started making products for women in their twenties.

I listen to her tell my friends about it and I shake my head.

This was her plan all along. Pretend that she needs makeup and when my friends tell her she don't, she starts marketing.

"The serum contains honey and the face wash has milk in it. They are both glowing agents so when you use them, they give you that extra glow that looks like you've got makeup on when you don't." She explains.

"Wow." Nicole says, staring at Mum's face in fascination.

"I need everything!" Camilla exclaims.

I roll my eyes and watch Emily who is looking at her phone screen blankly.

"Em, you need it as well!" Nicole tells her.

"I'm sorry, what?" Emily frowns. "Excuse me." She quickly says and leaves the room.

We all share a look and I volunteer to follow her. I see her by the pool, rubbing her arms and just staring down at the water.

"Emily, are you okay?"

"I'm scared, Amelia. I still can't believe that I'm pregnant. I haven't told my parents, I haven't even told Colton!"

"It's going to be fine. Having a baby is a blessing and you're going to be an amazing mum."

"How do you know that?"

"Because you have an amazing support system." Camilla comes from behind.

****

The next morning when I wake up, one of the cleaning staff greet me with good news.

"Mr Black is home." She tells me with a smile.

My eyes light up. "Where is he?"

"He's at the chalet. Wesley came in earlier and said he was still sleeping."

"Oh okay."

I run as fast as I can to the chalet. It's a little building in our compound. When I reach there, the door is fortunately open.

The chalet

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

When I don't hear a reply, I go to the bedroom. Adam is lying on the bed, sleeping with his hand over his face. There's a white cast on his other arm. Oh God!

I decide to go to the kitchen and make him breakfast. There are only a few things in the fridge so I'm making him an omelette and grilled cheese sandwich on the side.

When I'm done, I realize that he might not want to eat that so I make some pancakes.

After setting the table, I call the main house and have some waffles, fruits, yogurt and croissants brought here.

I mean, I don't know what he wants to eat. He's been in the hospital for a couple of days so he obviously misses real food.

I hear the bedroom door open and I start sweating. I don't know why but I am so nervous.

"Amelia?" I hear a hoarse sexy voice behind me.

I turn around and there's a shirtless Adam, looking sexy as hell even though there's a bandage around his arm and a bandaid on his forehead.

"Hi." I whisper. "How are you feeling?"

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"I came to check up on you then made breakfast."

He looks at the table. "You made all this?"

"No, just the eggs, sandwich and pancakes."

"This is too much food." He frowns.

"I know but I didn't know what you wanted."

"Thank you." He says sincerely and takes a seat.

"Your arm. Does it hurt?"

"No, it's fine." He replies then starts eating.

"So how are you?" He asks.

"I'm good. I'm worried about you, though."

He looks at me with a weird expression then continues eating.

"It's delicious. Thank you for being here." He says after he finishes.

"I'm happy to be here."

He tries to pick the dishes but I stop him.

"Don't worry. I'll do the dishes."

He raises an eyebrow and twists his lips. "You know how to do the dishes?"

"Of course!" I say defensively.

"Hmm." He just says.

"I do! I mean, I've never washed dishes before but I do know how." I pout.

"You're cute." He smiles.

He stands up and walks to the bedroom and I follow him behind.

"So why didn't you let me see you at the hospital?"

He turns around to look at me with confusion on his face. "What do you mean? You came to the hospital?"

"Of course I did. I waited till you woke up but Wesley and the doctor said you didn't want to see anyone."

"Wesley told you that?"

"Yes." I nod.

"Excuse me." He grabs his phone and leaves the room.

I sit on the bed and wait for him. What's going on? I don't think Wesley would lie.

Adam comes back like five minutes later looking pissed. "So Wesley said he was told by Chase."

"Oh." No surprise there.

"He also told me what Chase did to you when you arrived. Why didn't you tell me?"

"It wasn't a big deal and I deserved it." I look down.

"No, you didn't! If any of my friends ever talk to you like that again, I want you to let me know. He doesn't have the right to talk to you like that. You're my wife for God's sake!" He says angrily.

"Adam, it's fine. I'm just glad to know that you weren't the one that didn't want to see me."

"Of course I wanted to see you."

"But even after you came back, you decided to stay here. Why?" I pout.

"I thought you didn't want to see me. I thought you were upset after the things I said to you so I wanted to give you space."

"Oh."

"Yes."

"I'm sorry about what I said." I bite my lip.

"I'm sorry, too." He says softly.

"I want you to know that I didn't mean it. I would go crazy if I ever lose you. There a lot of people that care, Chase, Liam, your whole family, everyone in this house was also very worried."

"Only because I sign all their paychecks." He says in a serious tone.

"No! They care about you because you're generous and kindhearted and as for me, I was so scared, I don't know what I would do without you."

He sighs and looks into my eyes. "Let's never fight again."

"Yes, please! I hated it!"

"Me too."

I crawl to his lap and we hug each other.

"Amelia, I didn't mean to call you spoilt and irresponsible. You are so strong and smart. I-"

"Stop." I cut him off, pulling back to look at him. "We both know I'm spoilt," I chuckle "and you know what my friends said?" I smile.

"What?"

"That you spoil me the most." I say, accusingly.

"They said that?" He smiles.

"Mmnhnm, because apparently 'you do everything for me'." I air quote.

"Yes, I would do anything for me."

"Well, if you call me spoiled again, I'm going to t."

"Okay." He chuckles.

"Do you want to watch Titanic?" I ask as I get of his lap.

"No."

"We're watching it, anyway." I smile at him and grab the remote. I search for the movie then turn to ask Adam. "Can we please watch it?"

He rolls his eyes. "Yes."

Half away through the movie, I'm bawling my eyes out.

"It's just a movie." Adam tells me flatly.

"Yes but it's based on a true story." I sob.

"Come here." He scoops me to his lap. "It's just a movie."

"It's so sad." I cry harder.

"Alright. I'm going to turn it off."

"No!"

"You know I don't like to see you cry."

"I can't help it." I smile, wiping my tears.

I continue watching the movie on his lap while he softly strokes my hair.

I end up falling asleep and when I wake up, Adam is still playing with my hair.

I smile and snuggle more into him.

"Nice nap?" He asks.

I raise my head from his chest and look at him through my sleepy eyes.

"Hi." He smiles and I melt. He's so freaking handsome.

"Hi." I smile back. "I should probably go back home. To the main house I mean."

His smiles drops. "You don't want to stay here?"

"You don't mind?"

"Of course not." He says.

****

Amelia's dress

"Stop!" Adam yells at me.

"No!"

"Be careful!"

Adam and I are fighting again. It's been a few days since he's been discharged from the hospital and we've been sleeping here at the chalet.

"Adam, I've been cutting strawberries since I was like nine years old." I tell him, exasperated.

"Honestly, don't cut yourself. I'm not kidding."

"I won't." I tell him then start cutting faster and giggling.

He glares at me and before I know it, he's in front of me, taking the knife away from my hands.

"Adam!"

"Go take a seat. I'll do it."

"No, give me that." I snatch the knife back and start cutting again.

"Watch your finger!" He exclaims.

"Oh my God." I sigh.

"Just do it slow and gently, please. I don't want you to cut yourself."

"I won't. I'm used to doing this. Just stop looking at me. Try relaxing, okay?"

He gives me a skeptical look and opens his mouth to say something but his phone starts ringing. Thank God!

He doesn't come back to the kitchen till I'm done. I give him his bowl then grab my laptop to start working.

"Do you think Julianna will be mad if I call her now? I want to ask her about the floral arrangements for the event."

"Why would she be mad? You're her boss."

"No, you're her boss and she's mine."

"If I'm her boss, then you're her boss too."

I just roll my eyes and continue doing my research. I'm very excited about this event, mainly because it's Adam's.

"Adam, do you have keychains? Like, little Black Industries airplane shaped keychain."

"Yes."

"Great! We can add them to the party favors."

He looks at me. "How many do you want?"

"How many can I get?" I smile at him cheekily.

"As much as you want."

"Thanks."

He stands up then comes over to tap my head. "I'm going to my office. Make sure you eat." He taps again.

Seriously? A tap in the head? I would have appreciated a kiss but whatever.

An hour later, I feel someone shaking me.

"Amelia, wake up." Adam says softly. "Fuck, you're burning up."

I slightly open my eyes and look at him. Why does my head hurt and where am I?

Shit. Did I fall asleep while I was working?

I feel someone scoop me in their arm. "Adam?"

"Shh, darling. Let me take care of you. I think you have a fever." He says in a gentle tone.

He drops me on the bed. "Have you eaten?"

"No." I reply.

"Why? I thought I told you to eat." He says and I can tell from his tone that he's mad.

"I was working and- oh my God! What time is it?" I widen my eyes.

"Seven pm. Why?"

"I promised Ian I'll go shopping with him." I cry.

"You can do that tomorrow. You're not feeling well."

"I am. I just have a slight headache." I lie. Everything hurts.

"You're not going anywhere." He orders firmly and I frown. "Can I at least have my phone or laptop? I need to speak with the florist."

"No. No more party planning."

"But-"

"Amelia, you need to rest. I'll have you fired if you keep over stressing yourself."

"Excuse me!" I snap then starts choking.

"Fuck! I'll get you some water." He says and I dose off before he comes back.

He wakes me up again and feeds me with the glass. I drink it all and he drops the cup on the nightstand then fixes the blanket.

"Thanks." I tell him hoarsely.

"You're welcome." He says. "Make sure you rest, okay?" He stands up.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna go call the doctor."

"Nooo, don't. Stay with me, please."

He leans close and kisses my forehead. "I'll come back after I call him, I promise."

"But I don't need a doctor, Adam. I'll probably be fine by tomorrow. I just need some rest."

"Fine. You're a very talkative patient, by the way." He tells me in a disapproving tone.

"I hope I'm not contagious." I smile at him when he joins me in the bed.

"I wouldn't mind if you are." He says seriously and pulls me to him.

I snuggle into him then kiss his cheek. "You're sweet."

****

The next morning when I wake up, Adam is not beside me. I brush my teeth then go out to check the whole chalet but I don't see him.

I take my phone to call him and it goes straight to voicemail. I don't know why but I have a very bad feeling about this.

I sigh. Maybe he's in the main house.

After searching the whole house, I take a shower, get dressed then go downstairs then see him coming through the front door.

"Adam!" I rush to him.

"Hi. What's wrong?"

"Where were you?"

"Work."

"Why didn't you tell me? I was so worried and your arm!"

"Amelia, you were sleeping. I didn't want to wake you."

"But your arm."

"The cast has been removed. Look." He smiles, raising his hand.

"And it doesn't hurt?"

"No."

He cups my face. "Hey, look at me. What's wrong?"

"I just thought something has happened again."

"Come here." He pulls me back into his arms around me and then we start walking me to the kitchen.

He sits me on one of the stools and opens the fridge. He takes a bottle of water and pours some in a glass and gives it to me.

He cups my check and stroke lightly. "Are you feeling better?"

I nod.

"Good." He says then dips his head down and kisses my lips.

****

Hi guys!

Sorry for the late update. I was so busy, I almost forgot that I have Wattpad.

Thank you all for being so patient.

What do you think about the progress of Amelia's relationship with both Liam and Adam?

Comment who you want her to end up with!

And Adam just kissed her!

Are you more excited about Emily's pregnancy or Ian's marriage?

Which of Amelia's single friends do you want to see in a relationship?

Please vote, comment and share.

All the love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...
101 0 8
[ON HOLD] Amelia Claire, an independent soul, left her parent's home in Florida for New York, driven by the singular goal of securing a well-paying j...
66.5K 3.2K 56
Indelible Series Book #1 #28 [laughter] in 4.4k stories [11/11/20] #3 [badass female] (24/01/21) A carrier oriented middle class girl Ayat Seth was p...
820K 14.5K 49
THIS BOOK IS 18+/ NOW ON KINDLE VELLA WITH SOME ADJUSTMENTS! "Alright, I'll tell you the rules twice, and I'll need you to memorize them, write them...