Mia González

By senoradanah

|NOT EDITED| River Martin, the school's nerd, or so they thought, is going to high school for one mission tha... More

Chapter One - The Neighbor
Chapter Two - Encounter With The Two Boys
Chapter Three - Detention Day 1
Chapter Four - Detention Day 2
Chapter Six - A Kiss on the Cheek
Chapter Seven - Emotions
Chapter Eight - Overthinking
Chapter Nine - A Witness
Chapter Ten - Jealousy
Chapter Eleven - A Confession.
Chapter Twelve - More Jealousy & Awkwardness
Chapter Thirteen - I Need to Tell Someone
Chapter Fourteen - The Trip
Chapter Fifteen - The Trip pt. 2
Chapter Sixteen - A Conversation With Cameron
Chapter Seventeen - I Have Feelings For You.
Chapter Eighteen - A Threat
Chapter Nineteen - Unknown Message
Chapter Twenty - Luciano
Chapter Twenty-One - A Traitor
Chapter Twenty-Two - Back Home
Chapter Twenty-Three - Angry River
Chapter Twenty-Four - I'm Truly Sorry
Chapter Twenty Five - Visitors
Chapter Twenty Six - The Beginning of The End
Chapter Twenty Seven - The Traitor & The Enemy
Chapter Twenty Eight - The Aftermath
Chapter Twenty Nine - Cindy 02
Chapter Thirty - Always & Forever
BONUS CHAPTER

Chapter Five - He Broke My Heart Again

9.7K 293 51
By senoradanah

I hope you enjoy this chapter! <3

Parking the car, River and I got out making our way inside the school. For the past 2 or so days, I have been coming with River. According to my father and I quote, "It's not safe anymore, at least try to live normally with your classmates, so no one knows suspects anything."

I mean...I do understand that my father wants to protect me, but asking River to take me to school and taking me back is...? I don't know. I just miss my car.

Plus, it's not like River and I are friends.

River and I went to our separate ways through the hallway. I spotted my friends beside my locker and walked towards them. David was standing with them as well.

YAY! did her tell her?

"Hola." I greeted with a smirk. David immediately wiggled his eyebrows telling me not to say anything after seeing my smirk. I quickly understood and nodded.

"No offense David, but you're really stuck with that asshole because of your dad, right?" Camilla said bluntly. She doesn't know the real reason behind me coming with River, I just told her that my father's car is not working and he had to take my car.

"Yup." I said emphasizing the 'P'.

"None taken." David replied with a smile. OH this boy is whipped.

"Anyways, Mia we can work on the English paper tomorrow, is that okay?" David hopefully said.

"Sure, yes."

He turned around to leave, but turned back and said, "by the way, tonight River and I are going to a school party, would you guys like to come?" He was looking at me with pleading eyes. He wanted me to say yes so that Camilla says yes.

"Uhh..Sure." I said.

"River? I didn't think he is a club material." Cameron asked confusedly.

"Well, people surprise you." David smiled still looking at Camilla.

"So?" He asked again.

"Umm, okay. I don't mind." Camilla finally said making Cameron nod.

"Great, be ready at 7p.m. We'll pick you up all at Mia's house." He said and left.

The bell suddenly rang indicating that the first class has started. We quickly made our way to our first classes.

~ ~ ~

I have just been informed that I am no longer in detention thanks to River. I do not know what he told principle Carter, but I have to thank him.

As we made our way to the cafeteria, I saw Zack coming our way.

Oh, fuck off.

"Hey Mia, can I talk to you?" He said.

"I am busy Zack." I replied and continued walking into the cafeteria. He grabbed my arm and I could see David and River looking at us. Cameron and Camilla left us after I told them to.

"What?" I demanded.

"Look, I know you think I am an arrogant jerk, but let me prove to you that I am not." He quickly said.

"But Zack, the problem is that you are. Did you forget that you bully people?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

"Look, I've changed. I want to change. Just give me a chance, I like you Mia." He pleaded. Great.

What should I tell him? Uff!

"Fine...we could grab coffee sometime, and that's a maybe." I said and his eyes lit up and he suddenly hugged me. I quickly pushed him, but not harshly.

"We are not there yet." I said bluntly.

"Sorry!" He scratched the back of his neck.

I turned around and made my way to my friends, who were actually sitting with David and River. Another GREAT!

"What did he want?" Camilla quickly asked as soon as I sat.

"Nothing." I rolled my eyes, "He wants to prove to me that he is nothing like Josh and Allen." I added coldly.

You might think that I am rude, but I don't care to be honest. I have to be rude in this school sometimes.

"How?" Cameron asked narrowing his eyes.

"I told him that maybe we could grab a coffee sometime."I hesitantly said.

"You what!" Camilla gasped grabbing few stares from here and there.

"I said maybe." I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, River stood up and left. Just like that.

"What happened?" I asked confusedly.

"He has a phone call." David quickly replied.

I know that wasn't true since his phone did not ring, but whatever.

~

The rest of the classes were the same. After we finished, we left the school building and I waited for River outside. After few minutes, he came out but not alone. He was with Sarah; his English partner Sarah.

They were talking and laughing. When he spotted me, he apparently told her goodbye, but with a hug, and came towards me.

I didn't say anything and just opened the door and got in. I decided that today, I will try to convince my father again about this driver thing. I don't want to come with River anymore, and if he didn't approve, I will try and convince him to allow me go with Cameron or Camilla, even though they are on the other side of town. I know it is not that big; the town I mean, but they would have to pass the school in order to come to my house and then go back. That's why my father might say no.

UGH!

River started the engine and drove off. On our way back home, I kept glancing at him, but he didn't even spare me a look.

"Are you okay?" I suddenly asked.

"Not again, Mia." He replied coldly as if he is not in the mood to talk, or as if I said something bad.

"You're bipolar." I muttered.

He suddenly stopped the car and turned to look at me. The look he had on his face said that he wants to rip me off and feed me to the wolves.

"No, I am not okay Mia. I am NOT okay because you are a burden. Your father wants me to take you to and from school. Mr. Stevenson wants me to tutor you. You and your friends suddenly joined David and I, so NO I AM NOT OKAY." He yelled, breathing heavily.

I had no words to say. I didn't even want to say anything because I was afraid. I know I am a badass and I can protect myself, but I cannot protect my heart.

He broke my heart again.

Suddenly, I felt confident and looked at him in the eyes and yelled, "Well, asshole, you cannot yell at me like that, you are not my FATHER!"

"I am NOT going to let you treat me like this, I HATE YOU!" I added and got out of the car.

We weren't that far from home, in fact, I saw my house when I got out of the car and it was pretty close.

I kept walking, ignoring River's pleas to go back to his car. I figured he will regret what he said, but not that fast.

I kept walking until I reached my house and got in. I ran to my room without greeting anyone and locked the door behind me.

I will NOT let anyone treat me like this. River Martin, you are officially on my black list. I hate you and I will make your life miserable. I HATE YOU!

"Sweetie, you're okay?" My mother's soft voice said.

"I need to be alone right now, mother." I replied softly. I didn't want to talk to anyone.

"Okay, baby. I'll be down if you want to talk." She said and left.

I texted Cameron and asked him if he could come tomorrow and take me, and he said yes. I told him to come a little bit earlier than the time River leaves because I don't want to see him and because I want him to wait outside my house thinking that I am coming.

I don't care what my father will think about this. I will NOT let anyone choose anything for me from now on, even if its my father.

I stood up and walked towards my window to close the curtain, so that I could change, when my eyes landed on his window and to his eyes. He was looking at me too. I grabbed the curtains and closed them harshly.

Fuck him.

I changed into my Pjs and called it a day. I wanted to sleep so bad, so that I don't overthink. It was indeed early, but who cares?

~

~

I hope you liked this chapter! I will upload another tomorrow and thanks for your patience!

P.S don't hate on River :(, you will know why later.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341K 6.4K 79
*Mafia boss and his lost love* Alessa Romanov had endured a difficult childhood. Kidnapped at two years old, she had no memory of her biological fami...
244K 4.1K 40
Book 1 of 2 When two of the biggest Mafia's are threatened, they are forced to work together to defeat the enemy. Anna Giovanni, a cold, ruthless and...
4.9M 135K 38
Rosalie O'Neil is sheltered and protected by her Irish mafia father and brothers. Taken out of her all-girls school during fifth grade, she's been tu...
129K 1.8K 55
|Book 1 in Dangerous Mafia Series| Please read this first| A girl who has secrets and thoughts darker than most. A boy who will be the leader of the...