17 And After!

By BharathiGopinath

People make tiny mistakes in their life but that doesn't mean they are bad. Sometimes good people make bad ch... More

Morning...
Introvert or Extrovert
ADAM
Never Be Reckless
Directioner
The Concert
New..
Wow
Do It....
Student President
Campaigning Time
Working for Cause....
Just a girl with goals
Happy Day
Field Day
It's Field day
Girls Day Out
Double Date
The Interviewee
Interview
Super powers?!
The party
It's a Dare!!
A twist in the tale
Sťîļľ Hávįňğ Přáčțîcę!!
Cheers to the one !!
Hallow's eve!!
Trick or treat??!!
Be kind for no reason!!
All Abőųt Attitude^_^
Hold On!
Jāñe's Dáý!!!!
Joy
Find Joy in everything you do!!
The Place!!
A new Friend!
Alright •__•
Christmas
Special Chapter.
EPILOGUE
Acknowledgement!

Be Wild

68 15 28
By BharathiGopinath

"Ouch", Mia fell down and got her knee bruised.

"Oh God, it hurts like hell!!", yelled Mia.
But Alec showed no reaction, it was Mia who missed the steps and messed up the race.

"Can we quit?", Alec let out his hand.
Mia took his hand and got up from the ground.

"No, I think we should make it worthy!!", said Mia pointing out her bleeding knees.

Alec placed his hand on her shoulder and Mia holds his waist firmly. They looked at each other for a moment and nodded. Within few minutes, they made it near other teams. Adam and Jane were leading the race.

"Hey, time to speed up", insisted Alec.
They moved faster than the other teams and they went near Adam and Jane.

Now, both the teams were moving equally fast. Mia could see that they were approaching the finishing line. Adam and Jane never missed a step and they moved together faster than Alec and Mia.

Alec and Mia tried their best to cope up with them. The finishing line was only few meters away. Mia held Alec's waist stronger in anticipation. Both the teams were moving at the same speed.

All the other students cheered up for both the teams. So, at the last few steps, Alec doubled up his speed and Mia felt like flying. She didn't feel like walking but she felt like flying. She could barely feel her steps. So, finally at such a speed , Alec and Mia managed to reach the finishing line before Adam and Jane.

The exciting race came to an end.
Mia was glad for winning the race but she had no energy to jump in joy.
Her muscles had no energy to make her walk anymore.

"Don't sit down!! You should clean up your wound", commands Alec pointing out her wound. Mia was breathing heavily. She was inhaling and exhaling through both her nose and mouth.

"Hey, what the hell!! You didn't participate in any relay. It's just a legged race", mocked Alec. Mia was back to her grumpy mood.

"It's my first time ever. Doing something like this!! I never thought I would do this with you", Mia yelled and  showed a long face. She kept panting which made her look a like dog.

"Okay, calm down!! You might get a panic attack at this rate!!", joked Alec.

Now, Mia's patience flew away.

"Hey, if the fairy tales witches were not for females and if took Male form it would be you. You are a devil who doesn't wear a Prada ", barked Mia and punched him.
She moves towards the helping group to clean up her wound.

"Hey, are you all right??", Jane asked in an concerned voice. Mia nods at Jane.

"No, you don't look fine. Come on let's get first aid", added Adam.

..............

"What??!! Seriously!! Did Mia win the race", Elena was overjoyed hearing about the legged race.

Jane smiled at Elena. Mia remained in grumpy mood. To calm her down, Adam brought her favorite drink.

"Mia, show me the winning ribbon", asked Elena.

"I didn't get it!! May be that jerk would have recieved it on my behalf", spoke back Mia sipping her drink.

"Jeez, are those band aids on your knees?", exclaimed Elena.

Mia was playing with her drink while jane replied,

"You can call it as 'Winning prize' and that race brought Mia to this grumpy mood!!"

While Adam, Jane and Elena tried to boost up Mia and make her cheerful, another surprise comes running to her.

"Hey, james , what's up?", questioned Jane.

"Mia should come along with me to the volley ball event!!", said James.

"Why, are you people the instructors?? If so, then you have come in search of the wrong girl!! Our girl knew nothing about this game and ask her how many players would be in a team!! She would just stare at you!!", remarked Adam.

"Not so funny", scowled Elena.

"Actually we would be the captains of our own teams. One team is lead by Mia and another team's captain is myself", announced James.

Mia felt like a lightning has hit her hard. Her friends were surprised too.

"Why on earth, Mia??", shouts Elena surprised.

"Because the president and the vice president should be a part of this event. I hope they call it as the webb's high school tradition", elaborated James.

"Oh my gosh, this is wild, I didn't have a clue about this", said Adam.

"Fuck your rules and tradition", comments Jane. Mia still remained in the state of shock.

"How can she do something she doesn't know in her whole life?", gasped Adam.

"We can't say no because all the previous presidents have done it !! So, atleast Mia can stand in the field as a captain. Other 5 players would take care of other things", he told them, sulking.

He added,"I hope Mia doesn't want to disappoint the others and the break the tradition".

James was right , all the previous presidents were either heads of the cheer girls team or they were the captain of baseball team or football.

Both the girl and the boy presidents of the previous years so far were good at sports. So, Mia couldn't deny the volley ball game.

"Impossible!! Mia don't say yes and don't take up a lame decision!! You will be the one regretting it later", warned Jane.

Adam also said the same thing as Jane. Mia remained silent sipping her drink. She seemed frustrated but at the same time pretended she was alright.

"Well, Mia , I've a solution to this. What if I join with you in your team and play along with you", suggested Elena.

"This day can't get any worse", said Mia after a long time.

"Come on guys, let's get wild", cheered James.

Mia snapped back," Fuck it"!!

"So, you are doing this??", Adam asked surprisingly.

"Yeah, no other go!! I don't wanna be the only president ever who knew nothing about sports", said Mia.

"Hey, come on. It's time", said James.

"Sometimes you have to do what you don't like to get to where you want to be", quoted Mia.

"Okay, do your best!!", cheers Jane.

Mia smiles and leaves along with James and Elena to the volleyball event.

The rule was simple: only 6 players on the floor. Points are made on every serve of the winning team. Players may not hit the ball twice in succession. Maximum of 3 hits per side.

Mia has watched people playing this game for so many years but it's her first time standing along the players.

So, Mia was the captain of the blue team since they chose blue tshirts to wear. James was the captain of the yellow team.

"Woah, did you see that?? Bitch is back", commented Elena pointing at Corale.
Corale has decided to play along with James's team.

"Leave her, so I should take the left corner in the back row , right?", Mia asked Elena. Elena alerted other players about Mia.

She made sure Mia wouldn't play a lot. Elena taught Mia a few basic things to survive in the game.

"Okay, so you would cover me up right?", asked Mia.

"Yes, so, you need not Serve or attack!! I will do that. All you need to do is try to avoid the ball.", explained Elena and Mia nodded at her.

Both teams assembled on either side of the net.

There were lot of students around the court to cheer them up. Mia could spot Adam and Jane few meters away from them.

So, the game began and the yellow team got the chance to serve first.

Few minutes later,.....

Mia managed to cope up with her team. She neither did a serve nor an attack and never confused other players with her movements.

Matt was the greatest advantage of the blue team. He scored 2 points for their team. While the yellow team scored 1 point, the game was played fairly with no referee.

The ball served by the yellow team hit the area outside the court making the ball out. So, now the blue team leads with 3 points.

Mia could neither be happy nor be excited about their team because she was conscious about the place she stood and her movements. She made sure to stay at the right place by showing few movements like a player.

Elena was doing great. She managed to attack almost every ball that was aimed at Mia. Now, it was Corale's turn to serve the ball.

Mia's eyes wandered around the court looking at the students. Her eyes spotted Alec.

'Oh, the jerk is here to see corale play... Stupid one playing around....showing his arrogance..' Mia thought to herself.

"Careful", Matt shouted.

Mia looked up just in time to see a big ball whizzing directly at her face.
Her head slammed backwards on the ground. That was worse.

Tears started to stream down her cheeks, mingling with the blood that was pouring from her nose.

A little crowd formed around Mia.

"Hey, hey, get up.. it's fine", Said Elena in a  consoling manner. She helped Mia to stand up straight. Adam and Jane came rushing towards her.

Mia couldn't sense anything around her. She could tell her face was literally burning either due to the impact of the ball or maybe due to embarrassment. People were staring at her with different level of concern.

Her nose started to bleed a lot.

"Come on let's get you to first aid room", Adam held her shoulder and moved her away from all the others.

"Here, dab your nose with this", jane handed her a towel.

...............

To Mia's luck, there was a nurse in their high school first aid room. It was her duty day.

"So, it's nothing serious, the force of the ball has made the nose bleed. No fracture but slight swelling would be there along with bruising. You will get better within 2 days. Take pain killer and if you want, you better visit a doctor", assures the nurse.

Mia comes out of the first aid room with bruised nose and the bleeding has stopped eventually. Her face still remained red.

"How do you feel??",asked Elena.

"Fucking awesome", joked Mia. She added,"Time and hour run through the roughest day."(obviously the words of William Shakespeare)

"What's wrong?",questions Adam.

"Nothing, just afraid to face dad. He would freak out seeing me like this. And you people know justin right. He would totally cry on seeing my bulged nose", signed Mia.

Yeah, Mia's family freaks out for little things. So all her family members would definitely make her feel bad for this.

"So, what happened to the event?", asked Mia

"They finished it right there and announced  blue team as the winner.", replied Adam.

"Hey, come let's head home", suggested Elena seeing Mia's state.

"No, of course not, let this day come to end. You all remember right, I'm responsible to complete this day peacefully. Just because I'm wounded doesn't mean I should throw away my responsibilities and head home and sleep. Let's bring this day to an end and leave together.", claimed Mia.

"Hey come here, did you hit your head hard on the floor?", Adam holds her ponytail and checks for injury.

"Why?", Mia looked confused towards Adam's actions.

"All of a sudden, you sound like you got some sense", teased Adam.

He got hit by Elena, jane and Mia for making fun all the time.

............

It's time for the last event tug of war.
Mia felt really tired but still wanted to be a part in the completion of this big day. It's 4.30 PM and the field looked colorful with lots of students.

"Hey, how about tug of war?", Elena smiles adorably. Then, she looks at Mia and stopped smiling.

"El, it's okay, go on!! I will cheer up from here. Remember to be in the group of hot boys", teases Mia and winked at her.

"Talking of hot boys team, I'm in too", giggled Jane. This made Adam shrug.

"Maybe then, I'm on the opposite team", announced Adam and they mocked at him. They four laughed at each other.

.........

"So, you will stay here till we be back? Are you alright about being alone??", Adam asked for the fifth time.

"No, she has got company", said someone behind Mia.

She turns to find the person was Alec. He looked fresh after a long day. Those wavy hair showed no trace of sweat. He looked adorable in the rays of evening sun. Mia looked away and frowned.

"Okay, it's time to leave", Jane pulled Adam and Elena along with her.

Alec sat near her in the bench. He looked at her but she pretended as if he isn't here.

"Are you okay?", asked Alec.

"See, I look fine with this bruised nose and tired face", Mia said in a ridiculing voice.

"You look better with the pink face", chuckled Alec.

'What the hell, he is laughing for no reason...he is the worst person I have ever seen...'

"Just stop laughing , before I kill you", threatened Mia. This made him laugh harder.

Mia was really angry at him.
She tries to hit him with her hand but he holds her back and he hugged her tight. Mia was astonished at his reaction. She became speechless.

"Whatever work you are doing, all you have to do is to concentrate on that particular work until you finish it", Alec said still hugging.

"And be careful...I can't keep telling you this everytime", he added. He seemed sweet for a minute. He stood up and left the place.

'Woah, he is definitely messing up with me....why would he hug me like that...why would he care for me.. why would he keep telling me to be safe....earlier today he seemed cold now he seemed sweet. Has he got a bipolar disorder...is he really a good person....anyway my heart is beating abnormally...maybe I should stay away for him....' Mia was totally messed up both physically and mentally.

...........

The big day comes to an end. They four were walking towards the driveway.
It was almost 6 Pm when they left school after completing all the remaining work.

Mia's energy was drained out and she looked like a big nose zombie.

"So, anything to say about this day ? Ms.President!!", questioned Adam. Mia was still in deep thoughts.

"Don't regret this day Mia, situations apart we had the best time together!!", said Jane.

"No, I don't regret it. Actually good days give us happiness and bad days give us experience. This of course not a bad day but still I have got so many experiences.", spoke Mia.

She added, "maybe we should keep taking chances and have fun".

Thus the day came to an end. This attitude of Mia shows that she decided to stay positive in any negative situation.

..........

Mia has showed us that concentration is a part of life. And no fine work can be done without concentration. So, we all learn that we should concentrate in the work at hand to avoid mistakes like Mia faced.

But still, at the end of the day, we are all good people,. We are not perfect by any means but we make sure our intentions are good and our heart is pure and try to love hard with everything we have got and because of those things....we prove we are worth it...always have been and always will be.

Hey readers😁!! Hope you all enjoy reading my chapters😇😊.. keep supporting🥰. So again this chapter is dedicated to my beloved ones😘 I mentioned in the previous chapters.🤗 The ones without whom I wouldn't be writing today.😉😇
So, stay tuned for the updates. Let's see what happens next in Mia's life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 142 19
You need a cover for your new novel? You've come to the right place. Available: Book covers Banners Aesthetics Icons/pfp
182K 7.7K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
38.4K 4K 21
Comedy that would make you crack your ribs.
153K 11.7K 13
Her şey bana gelen mektupla başlamıştı. Ufacık bir not kağıdında yazan şeyler büyük olaylara ve hayatımın değişmesine yol açmıştı. Ben kendimden emin...