It's About Her!

Bởi LoveAffitnity

How far you can go to be with the person you love? Can you run away from your ownself? Can you rewind the pas... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
She is not your dirt.
Men have needs.
The Torne Doll.
Learn the rules and Play by it!
Awareness is a curse.
Demon and Lies
Dark Dominance
Forgotten Human
Bruised Heart Part 1
Bruised Heart Part 2
Shattered Soul
Fire in the heart
What hurts the most!
Several Knots
Meteor shower
Crushed Flower
Scars
Its Okay, to be not Okay!
Insecurities
Maybe...May..be!
Lifting the Curse
Love that makes you, breaks you!
Secrets and lessons
Congratu....lations...!
One more time...
Dead
The broken things
Wounds and scars
Mirror and Beast
Replacing Nightmares with Sunshine

The enigma of the heart

699 93 156
Bởi LoveAffitnity

Zoya quivered in the seat next to him, her eyes facing the windscreen as she stared vacantly into space. She was paler than usual, understandably, and every bare inch of her skin was coated in sweat.

He turned his gaze back to the road and sped up, needing this ride to be over already. He didn't want to look at Zoya again. He couldn't.

Why are her tears making me restless? he thought as he stole a glance at her through a mirror.

He hated her, but at the moment, an extraordinarily powerful urge overtook him. He had to protect her and hold her close. Touch her. Drown himself in her pain. Comfort her, Tell her she is not alone.

His heart clenched as another stock of tears spills down on her cheeks. He watched as she raised her hand and wiped the fresh tears by the back of her hand.

Why am I feeling like this? Why am I feeling so much pain? What is happening to me?

"Aditya?" she whispered in a hoarse voice.

"What?" He replied, wishing she'd stop trying to talk to him.

Her voice was creating strange havoc inside him. It was like an internal battle that his every nerve was fighting against him.

"Drop me at the brothel."

Aditya's brows furrowed. "Have you forgotten you're mine?" he paused, " for 3 days," he added, avoiding her eyes.

"I know but it's going to be a night where will you take me? I know you won't take me to your house."

"Do you want to come to my house?" He turned his neck to take a full view of her. Lines formed on his forehead, there was a strange expectation in his eyes. Whatever it was happening, he was not in control of his emotions.

"As if everything would be as I wanted it to be." She sneers

He closed his eyes in disappointment and let out a deep sigh. Her replies and dried tears were making his heart pump faster. Almost as if he was expecting a different reply from her.

"You will live with me at my farmhouse for 3 days." He replied in a monotone.

She hummed and continued looking out while he risked capturing a glance at Zoya. She wasn't looking at him, but he could still see the sorrow etched on her face.

"Are you hungry?" He asked.

She nods her head in No. " I want to sleep."

"Hmm. We will have dinner, and then I will take you to the farmhouse. Okay?" she looked at him with questions, "Why can't you take me to farmhouse directly?"

"Because there is no food available for you. I have asked Kaka to buy some groceries for a few days so from tomorrow there won't be a problem for you."

"I am okay, I am not hungry-"

"That was not a request. I think I am the one to decide what you will do. We will have food first then I will leave you at farmhouse okay?"

There was no scope for any argument. He was her owner, so she quietly surrenders to his demand and continued to stare out of her window.

"Okay?" He asked, gripping the steering wheel even tighter as he rounded a bend.

"Hmm," she murmured before dropping her gaze to her lap.

She ignored him for the rest of the ride. Her ignorance filled a bitter taste in his mouth, and his lips pressed into a grimace as he remembered what has happened in the campaign press. And then lines formed on his forehead.

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?" she asked, turning her tormented gaze at her.

"Why did you ask for my permission before you left the stage?" This question plagued his mind since they left the venue.

He remembered she had turned and looked at him as soon as she finished venting out her heart. It was like he could read her silence, he could hear her voice in his head asking for his permission to leave the place. He could have made her stay back and insulted her, but at that moment his head moved on its own accord and allowed her to be free from the pain. He partially felt anger towards himself for putting her in this position. She was deeply messing up with his brain.

"Have I made an unprofitable deal by forcing her to stay for 3 days?" he asked to himself.

"Because you own me." she sniffed and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

Another wave of hurt passed through her eyes, making his heart clench for another round of guilt.

The car stopped at a lavish restaurant. He pulled out the key from the car, letting the engine die.

"Let's go," He said, reaching across to open her side door.

She felt light-headed for not having enough food in her system and the fact that she cried so much only added to the throbbing pain. As soon as she stepped out of the car, her legs wobbled beneath her and immediately he caught her elbow before she could fall. He allowed her to shift her weight on him for support. She caught her head in her hand for a second before she realized the position they were standing in. She gained her balance and took a step away from him. He reached for her to help her, but she shook him off, refusing to let him touch her again. He rolled his eyes but gave her the space she demanded.

As slowly she made her way to the entrance, she saw the beautiful gardens and the fountain that the restaurant had. It looked lavish, and she felt herself underdress for such a place. She wanted to object to him, but he had cleared himself before. There was no scope for argument. So with her head hung low, she allowed him to lead her path while she quietly followed him behind.

From the second she stepped inside the beautiful restaurant, every eye got turned towards her. She felt awkward and uncomfortable with so much attention. She stopped in her track and played with her fingers.

"You are with me." he finally said, letting his hand slide into hers in a web. She allowed him to pull her with him. He said nothing special that could reason for an abnormal change in her heartbeat, but why did she feel the words he spoke had a hidden meaning under it. And even though her heart did not register the meaning, her heart has already agreed to whatever coded message he has sent across to her.

She watched him astonished as he walked with her hand in hand, confidently, as if he is announcing to the world something. Something that brought a small smile on her face. Zoya stopped when his hands left her. She looked up to him, in his eyes. He was standing holding a chair. She gave a nod and sat on the chair. He adjusted the chair for her and then moved to the other vacant chair. He smiled at her.

Even though now those eyes did not make any difference to her, but she knew everyone in the room has all their attention to them. For a strange reason, she felt better than when she had walked inside the restaurant. Aditya had made a wise decision. He chose the last table in the room and made her seat with her back facing the world while he had a view of everyone looking at them. He was least bother by what comments were being passed on them. He did not even care for those taunting eyes. He was more interested to watch the small smile playing on her lips that refused to leave her lips.

A man wearing a coat approached them. Aditya, Zoya looked at them with a question.

"Excuse me, sir. It's important. Could you please step aside??" He requested.

Zoya read the nameplate on his chest. He was the manager. She looked back at Aditya with worry, to which Aditya blinked at her in assurance.

"I will be back."

She nods in yes. And Aditya leaves the table with the manager. Zoya watched them closely as they discussed. Aditya had her back to Zoya so she could only read the Manager's expression. He was concern initially, then he looked at her and pointed his fingers at her. Later, The manager pointed at other guests in the restaurant. He looked back at Aditya and folded his hands before Aditya. She could not hear what the manager was saying, but she knew what he must have been talking to Aditya. She smiled sadly as once again all the eyes were on her with that infamous look. She knew now that after the interview she doesn't need an identity card for her profession. She became famous for all the wrong reasons. She chuckled at the thought and got up from the table. As she got closure to Aditya, the voices got audible and only confirmed about something she already has guessed, Aditya sounded furious, and he was arguing and threatening the poor manager on something. She reached up to him and raised her hand to touch him. But as she lifted her hand, a thought crossed her mind, and she rested her hands to her side.

"Aditya?"

Aditya stopped and turned around. "Zoya? why did you come here? Go back to the table and I'll be there in a few minutes."

Zoya glanced at the Manager, whose face has drained of all colour. She shifted her eyes back to Aditya and nods her head in No. "Aditya, I don't like it here. Let's go someplace else? See even the dishes they have on the menu are all Greek to me. I am not comfortable having dinner here. Please?"

A look of guilt and hurt passed in his eyes. He realized why she said that. He could have fought everyone refusing them to have dined with her but when she, herself is not ready, then there is no point in staying back. He nods in understanding and gave a stern glare to the manager. The manager pulled out his handkerchief and wiped the sweat off his face while Zoya smiled at Aditya and walked with him to their car.

"Where to go now?" She asked. Playing with the hem of her dress.

"Another restaurant," he replied, punching the key to unlock the door.

"Wherever you take me along, you will face this humiliation everywhere." she looked at the fountain and smiled.

"You heard everything, right?"

"No, No, but I can read human eyes, and there was only disgust for me in everyone's eyes."

He stared at her for a while. Her words were pulling a string in his heart.

"Chale?" She turned at him and that was when he realized he was staring at her for a little longer. He nods in yes and allowed her to take her seat.

As they sat, he pressed his foot down on the accelerator, tearing down the road so fast that she wanted to throw up. She had no idea where they were going and she didn't even care to ask for details. She leaned back and looked out at the night sky. Trying to connect the stars and make a picture out of them. Something she often did with her mother.

Aditya stole a glance at her. She looked so peaceful with her eyes fixed to the broad sky. As if she was seeing something through them. Her eyes were moist, but there was a glimpse of happiness in them. He sighed and pulled his attention back on the road. After a couple of minutes, he found a takeaway food counter. He glanced back at Zoya; she was peacefully sleeping with her head rested on the car door. The image before him looked so pure that he found himself freeze, drinking the moment. A sharp horn from behind made her startled, and she woke up dizzily. She looked here and there and realized she was still in the car. She sat properly and set her clothes neatly.

"Where are we?" she asked in her raspy breath.

"To grab something to eat," he replied.

"Hmm." she lifted her hands and grabbed all the loose hair and tied it in a bun.

There were still a few cars in the queue before them. Aditya caught Zoya looking here and there.

"What are you looking' for?"

"um... Washroom," she replied, embarrassingly.

"Oh, it's there in the corner. Is it urgent? It's just a few cars. Do you think you can wait? I will come with you."

"Oh. No... No. it's okay. I will manage it. It's in the end, right? I will come quickly." Zoya unhooked the seatbelt and looked sideways, before opening the door.

Aditya watched her walking with slow steps to the washroom. His eyes never left her till she entered the washroom. Then he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel. God! whoever was in the first row was taking a long time. His eyes moved to the place where once Zoya was sitting and instantly her sleeping image appeared before his eyes. He raised his hand to touch her, but she disappeared into thin air.

He closed his eyes and shakes his head. After a couple of minutes, he opened the dashboard and picked his favourite music CD before playing it on the audio system. The slow instrumental music soothes his mind and made his heart flutter with the rhythm. One by One the car moved and soon it was his turn to place the order. He looked in the washroom's direction where she had gone. He waited for a few seconds while the counter guy looked at him with expectant eyes.

"Sir your order?" he asked.

Aditya sighed and placed an order for both. He didn't know what she would prefer, but he chose what he felt would suit their appetite and paid the bill.

Once his order arrived, he drives the car in front of the washroom. He took his phone out to dial her number, but then he realized she didn't have a phone. He sighed and waited for some more minute in the car, growing impatient with every passing minute. When she didn't come out for another 15 minutes, he walked out of the car with concern. A flashback of her tripping previously because of weakness flashed before his eyes, making him more worried for her.

He got close to the door and gave a knock on the door. There was no reply from the other side.

He knocked a few more times, but again no one replied. Fear gripped his heart and his mind filled with all negative thoughts. He didn't think about the embarrassment that he could face if he is caught walking inside the ladies' washroom. For now, nothing felt more important than that to see her. As he pushed the door, the door flew open, and it was empty.

His brow scrunched, and he quickly came out trying to look for her everywhere. He went back to the queue, thinking she might have gone there trying to look for the car. He also checked with the guy who took the order. He checked the exit. He looked everywhere. An abnormal fear gripped his heart, he was diluted with all sorts of bad thought of her being harm. His legs quickly moved to the car, in a resolution to find her. But as soon as he opened the door, he saw a figure sitting with her head leaned on the car door. Instantly all his fear got washed out with relief. He took a step back and brought his hands to his hair and took a few deep breaths to calm himself. He shakes his head and smiled. Before quietly stepping inside the car. He punched the key, and the engine came to life, waking her.

"Where were you?" she asked.

He stopped and stare at her face for a while. His eyes filled with happiness to see her unharmed before him.

"Aditya?" she snapped her fingers at him.

"Hmm... I.. I went to make a call." he lied.

"Oh," she whispered and leaned back in the car seat while once again her eyes were on stars and his eyes were on her.

He didn't know why he lied. He didn't know where his anger gone when he saw her. What was this feeling that was controlling his heart? Did he care for her?

No. You don't care for her, a little voice whispered in the back of his mind.

It was just a primal instinct. You felt she could be in danger and you acted out. It's okay! Not to think much. Don't try to overthink and give it a different meaning. It doesn't mean you have actual feelings for her. You hate her. She is your little fuckdoll. your slave. Not a person you should give a fuck about. Certainly not a person to invest your emotions with!

That thought comforted him and lessened the confusion within him.

"Aditya, where are we going?" she asked again.

He smiled for an answer. He fixed his eyes on the road while he chanted in his head, words that could comfort him and justify his actions.

She waited for a few minutes for him to reply but when he didn't; she let her gaze move back to the stars to find her childhood happiness in them.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

88.9K 3.2K 21
#1 in bepannah 22/10/2019- 9/10/2020 UNDER EDITING!!! Aditya is a 27year old businessman. His arrogant, rude, angry heart changes soft whenever he se...
1.5M 65.8K 66
Book 1- Our journey from engagement to marriage Book 2- The journey of Love Siddharth and Preeti complete their journey from engagement to marriage...
478K 24K 86
He loves her and could set the entire world on fire for her She loves him and she could cross any line for him Everyone knows that including them but...
707K 85.2K 108
I am Nandini Malhotra. For me loving someone was impossible. Loving someone means giving yourself completely to the person whom you love. Love means...