❀ ʜᴏᴍᴇꜱɪᴄᴋ!! || ᴇᴠᴇ

By -shinkai

『 ᴜᴛᴀɪᴛᴇ ғᴀɴғɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ; ᴇᴠᴇ 』 ❝ ʜᴇʏ, ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ... ❞ ❝ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ... ❞ ❝ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ꜱᴀʏ ɪᴛ ʏᴇᴛ... ❞ ⊱⋅ ──────❴ •*• ♪... More

♪ Author's Note

122 7 4
By -shinkai

꧁ Hello, hello! ꧂

It's nice that you have stumbled upon this humble book of mine.

⊱⋅ ──────❴ • ♪ • ❵────── ⋅⊰

Welcome to my first ever utaite fanfiction!

༺✺༻

I hope you wouldn't mind answering my first question. Consider this as the start of our interaction throughout this book, thank you!

Your favourite original Eve song is...?

Now, the introduction is necessary. Here are some basic information about Eve and utaites.

⊱⋅ ──────❴ • ♪ • ❵────── ⋅⊰

UTAITE

Utaite (歌い手) is a Japanese term for people who cover previously released songs and post them on Nico Nico Douga and YouTube under the utattemita category. The term "utaite" is unique to Nico Nico Douga singers, making it different from Kashu (歌手), which means "singer" in general.

Generally, utaites do cover songs for VOCALOID original songs, anime, game-related songs, and J-Pop. They also do parodies with different lyrics for popular songs, intended for amusement.

Most utaite exclusively cover songs and upload under the utattemita section, but some of them have doujin circles and release original music/drama CDs during events like Comic Market and VOCALOID M@ster, frequently referred to as Comiket and VoMas respectively. A few utaite also have become partly or wholly professional singers and have released/will release their albums under official labels.

( Source: Utaite Fandom Wiki https://utaite.fandom.com/wiki/Utaite )

༺✺༻

(Art by: @hamukukka [Twitter])

『 EVE 』

Previous names: Kurowa (クロわ), Keitora (けいとら)
Birthday: May 23, 1995

Eve (いぶ) is an utaite known for his very distinctive thin, boyish voice which despite being slightly nasal in tone, is very gentle and nice-flowing. His voice is usually described as being shota-like or "cute", however, he can also sing in a more uncharacteristically rough manner, as seen in parts of his cover of "Headphone Actor". He generally sings in a deeper mid-range voice, but tends to shift registers to a slightly higher range when necessary, such as in his cover of "Nakimushi Robot."

He first started uploading covers in April 2009 at the age of 13, however his first cover as "Eve", "TRAGIC BOY", was uploaded in October 2009. Prior to this, he had gone by two different names, Kurowa and Keitora, before finally settling on his current name. Most of his covers from 2009 have since been either deleted or set to private with few exceptions; somewhat unusually, his mylists divide his uploads by the year they were uploaded.

Though he mostly sings VOCALOID songs from a variety of genres, he is also known to be a fan of indie and folk-rock, having covered songs by the bands Galileo Galilei and RADWIMPS. Aside from covering songs, he himself is one of the lead singers for the former Japanese indie band "einie", alongside Natsushiro Takaaki. He also composes songs and writes lyrics for the band.

In addition to vocals, he also plays the acoustic guitar and has accompanied his singing a few times with his own acoustic arrangements. An example of this would be his cover of the RADWIMPS song "37458". He also serves as an extra guitarist on some of einie's songs.

He has participated in several live events since his debut and has also been featured in a remarkable number of the utaite-centric magazines, Utattemita no Hon and 2.5Song MATE.

Eve has also worked as a guest seiyuu in the anime Mecha-Ude. He cameos as a classmate of one of the protagonists (Shirono Yoh).

Eve is the creator of the ongoing manga Kara no Kioku, featuring a few characters from his MVs such as Tobi, Noppo, and Hitotsume.

On May 18, 2021, Eve surpassed 3 million subscribers on YouTube. Around a month before that, on April 13, 2021, Eve's music video for "Kaikai Kitan" had surpassed 100 million views, being the first music video from Eve's channel to hit that milestone.

Around the last week of June, his music video for "Dramaturgy" had surpassed 100 million views, making a live version on July 1, 2021.

『 TRIVIA 』

• He is 173 cm tall (approximately 5'8"), and weighs 54 kg (119 lb)
• He currently lives in Tokyo, but has stated that Kobe is the city he'd most like to live in
• His favorite food is sushi. Particularly shrimp sushi
• His favorite animal is fox
• He often adds the character "◎" to the end of his sentences when tweeting; this has become somewhat of an in-joke/trend among his fans and friends
• He has a QUAD-CAPTURE interface, a NEUMANN TLM102 mic and a SONAR recorder
• He has composed original Vocaloid songs using Miku
• He likes to carry candies and cookies in his pocket while going out. He eats them when he's hungry
• He has a cat named Muta
• He said the reason as to why he chose his name was because he asked his fans to choose a new name for him. He came across a comment that suggested his name to be "Eve"

( Source: Utaite Fandom Wiki https://utaite.fandom.com/wiki/Eve )

⊱⋅ ──────❴ • ♪ • ❵────── ⋅⊰

Feel free to ask more questions about Eve. Either in DM or in the comments section, it's alright. I'll do my very best to answer them all! Although my knowledge about the said utaite is also limited, I'll answer it as long as I can.

Well, that's all for now, everyone! I hope you'll enjoy your stay.

Don't be afraid to share your thoughts by commenting. Your words keep me fired up and write some more! But please watch your words.

Votes, comments, add to reading lists, and follows are really, really, really appreciated! I can't thank you enough for I'm not really good with words, but I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart!

DEDICATION: This fanfiction is dedicated not only to all Eve stans but to everyone who enjoys listening to his music and nonetheless, inspired you in some ways.

SPECIAL THANKS: First and foremost, to you. Thank you for paying a visit to this book of mine. It was enough to make me happy and I hope you'll enjoy your stay! Then, to those dear people who helped me in dealing with my sadness. Especially to G-Light, IloveAmachan, Trashy_Fuyu, happy_ika13, and more people on Discord. Thank you so much for your never-ending support and for not getting tired of dealing with me every day. I'm so happy and I'll forever be thankful for having you all in my life.
** This story is a result of my own stupidity and very unpleasant mood, so please don't expect anything good...

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. I do not own anything in this story aside from the plot itself. The pictures that I used and will use for the future chapters are not mine also. Credits must go to their original and talented owners.

K A I

꧁ 11/12/2021 ꧂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

473K 14.5K 98
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
103K 3.1K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
1.1M 29.9K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
924K 21.3K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.